Author Topic: Inversion Tables  (Read 2629 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Inversion Tables
« on: April 18, 2015, 11:28:18 PM »
Recently, a friend brought over his inversion table for me to use for awhile to help with sciatica. I've tried it a couple of times and thought there was some improvement. Of course, it could just be psychological and not really doing anything physically to relieve my compressed spine. It's too soon to tell.

If anyone has experience with an inversion table, it would be good if you shared it.

Logically, it should work to undo some of the effects of gravity since you are essentially upside down. I find it a little uncomfortable because it puts a lot of pressure on my feet and ankles.

Speaking of compressed spines, I have an appointment with a doctor to investigate having a steroid injected in my spine at the place where the nerve is being pinched. Like with the inversion table, if any of you have experience with these types of shots, I'd be very interest to know what you think of them.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Inversion Tables
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 08:24:22 AM »
Friend of mine has and uses one consistently, he loves it. At least until he fell out of it a couple weeks ago and ended up at the chiro instead! :D He's 68 and still crackin at the gym.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
Friend of mine has and uses one consistently, he loves it. At least until he fell out of it a couple weeks ago and ended up at the chiro instead! :D He's 68 and still crackin at the gym.

Yup. You gotta make sure the ankle piece is tight and locked in good. It would not be good to fall out of the table and crack your skull.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »
I've been using one for years.  Really helps keep your back in top shape.

It took me a few months to really see the benefits, but i could tell a big difference within 3 months of using it.  The best advice i can give is to change the angle often and use it at least 3-4 days a week.

If i go a few weeks without using it i feel it in my lower back.

8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
I've been using one for years.  Really helps keep your back in top shape.

It took me a few months to really see the benefits, but i could tell a big difference within 3 months of using it.  The best advice i can give is to change the angle often and use it at least 3-4 days a week.

If i go a few weeks without using it i feel it in my lower back.

8)

This is good information.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
The hardest part is getting used to being upside down took me a month to work up to a minute I believe I need to start using mine again need to make time for it