Author Topic: FEEDBACK ON WORKOUT :-)  (Read 34170 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
FEEDBACK ON WORKOUT :-)
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »
PLEASE CRITIQUE MY WORKOUT. I AM A HIGH-VOLUME GUY, SO THAT WON'T CHANGE. BUT ANY OTHER FEEDBACK IS MUCH APPRECIATED. THIS IS A GENERAL WORKOUT AND OBVIOUSLY CHANGES. BUT THIS IS THE CORE OF MY WORKOUT!

Chest:

Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets
Incline Barbell or Dumbbell Press: 4 sets
Flat or Incline Hammer Strength Press: 4 sets
Dips: 4 sets
Cable Crossovers (optional): 4 sets

Biceps:

Preacher curls: 4 sets
Barbell or Dumbbell curls (standing): 3 sets
Hammer curls: 3 sets
Machine curls: 3 sets

Triceps:

Rope Pressdowns: 4-6 sets (I really need to warm up my elbow)
Close grip bench presses: 3-4 sets
Single arm overhead extension: 3 sets
Underhand pressdowns: 3 sets

Shoulders:

Side raises: 4 sets
Barbell or Dumbbell or Smith Machine or Hammer strength presses: 3-4 sets
Front raises: 3 sets
Upright rows (with rope on cable machine): 3 sets

Barbell shrugs: 4-5 sets
Dumbbell shrugs: 4-5 sets

Legs:

Leg Presses: 5 sets
Hack Squats: 4-5 sets
Leg extension: 4 sets
Lunges: 4 sets
Vertical Presses: 4 sets
(I don't squat any more because of a past double hernia)

Hamstring curls: 4-5 sets

Seated and standing calf raises: 4-5 sets of each

Back:

Wide grip chin ups or lat pulldowns: 4-6 sets
Barbell rows: 4 sets
Dumbbell rows: 4 sets
T-bar machine row: 4 sets
Underhandgrip hammer strength pulldowns: 4 sets
Machines rows: 3 sets
Hyperextensions: 4 sets
(I dont deadlift because of past double hernia)
X

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Re: FEEDBACK ON WORKOUT :-)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:11:57 AM »
Looks solid to me how's the split gonna b ide combine chest with tris back with bis bust that ass get in and out of he gym.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »
Looks solid to me how's the split gonna b ide combine chest with tris back with bis bust that ass get in and out of he gym.

I usually work each bodypart one day per week, and sometimes I do chest 2x per week. So it will look something like this:

Sunday: Chest
Monday: Back
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Chest
Friday: Arms
Saturday: Shoulders

On the weeks I dont work out chest twice, I have 2 rest days.
X

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 02:29:51 PM »
WORKS FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE TIME/NO FAMILY/KIDS,,NICE ROUTINE ,,I WOULD LIKE THAT,,I HAVE WIFE /KIDS 4 DAYS AND 1 PUMP EXTRA BODYPARTS  DAY AT HOME USUAL WEEKS...

CHEST/TRI/ABS
BACK TRAPS CALVES ABS
DELTS/BI/FOREARMS'
LEGS/CALVES

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 02:41:42 PM »
I think it's a hell of a lot of volume, don't need dips if doing flat bench, too little hamstring work (most people are guilty of this) don't tell me they get enough stimulation from the quad movements either...

Cable cross overs??? this is not flex magazine, lol...

Front raises for delts is a pissin' waste of time, up right rows are useless, biceps do not need 4 movements.

Why 2 shrug movements??? Just do dumbells,

A lot of sets here, I'd die if I did that many, but I'M guessing our approaches are totally different and guessing you know your body. So yes, my review sounds negative as I'd never train that way or recommend it.
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »
I think it's a hell of a lot of volume, don't need dips if doing flat bench, too little hamstring work (most people are guilty of this) don't tell me they get enough stimulation from the quad movements either...

Cable cross overs??? this is not flex magazine, lol...

Front raises for delts is a pissin' waste of time, up right rows are useless, biceps do not need 4 movements.

Why 2 shrug movements??? Just do dumbells,

A lot of sets here, I'd die if I did that many, but I'M guessing our approaches are totally different and guessing you know your body. So yes, my review sounds negative as I'd never train that way or recommend it.

I actually get a great pump from doing cable crossovers and have always done them. Dips tend to be optional.

I disagree that uprights are useless. I feel a really good burn and pump in front delts and traps.

As for 2 movements of shrugs, its a weak bodypart and responds best when i do more than 1 movement.

Ive always been a high volume guy. I dont get as good as results when I do lower sets.

how would you train? And I dont share this with most people, especially beginners. This works specifically for me. Then again, I have trained people on a similar workout and it has worked for them. To each their own.

And remember, our approaches are WAY different, as I am 100% lifetime natural.
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »
Uprights are great for the traps and delts. If you look how the upper arm bone is moving it's moving just like a dumbbell lateral for delts. A favorite of Chris Dickerson and he had great delts.

No mention of reps. Do you use high reps like 10 to 15 or low 6 to 8 reps? Like someone said two different shrug movements is too much. Alternate barbell and dumbbells with the shrugs each week. How long do the workouts take? Are you resting long between sets or do you use a moderate weight so the workout goes quick?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »
Uprights are great for the traps and delts. If you look how the upper arm bone is moving it's moving just like a dumbbell lateral for delts. A favorite of Chris Dickerson and he had great delts.

No mention of reps. Do you use high reps like 10 to 15 or low 6 to 8 reps? Like someone said two different shrug movements is too much. Alternate barbell and dumbbells with the shrugs each week. How long do the workouts take? Are you resting long between sets or do you use a moderate weight so the workout goes quick?

I keep everything between 6-12 reps and I only rest for like 30-45 seconds between sets, so I guess you can say I use a moderate weight. Id probably be able to go heavier if I rested longer. My workouts take anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. Always somewhere within that time frame.

Oh, I forgot to add that one of the shrugs is done behind the back. One from front, one from back.
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 04:58:36 PM »
I've been actually thinking about using moderate weights with volume for quite awhile. It's not like I can lift serious weight anymore with my shot shoulder joints but I do what I can do.  I just find personally that I pick weights that are too heavy and find rests between sets are long making for a really long workout. I have seen pros who just move like machines using moderate weights.

I've told this story before here. A guy in my gym worked out where Chris Dickerson was training. He came back and told everyone what light weights he used.  Then he actually worked out with him. He had a change of opinion.  He said he used around 6 quick sets an exercise with high reps and moved so fast the soon he found he had trouble lifting the "light" weights. He couldn't keep up.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 05:43:11 PM »
I swear to you SF1900, I trained the same way when natural. I may even strip a set from bicep day, to make it 5 work sets instead of 6, and I hit every body part now once every 9.5 days!

?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 10:35:16 PM »
WORKS FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE TIME/NO FAMILY/KIDS,,NICE ROUTINE ,,I WOULD LIKE THAT,,I HAVE WIFE /KIDS 4 DAYS AND 1 PUMP EXTRA BODYPARTS  DAY AT HOME USUAL WEEKS...

CHEST/TRI/ABS
BACK TRAPS CALVES ABS
DELTS/BI/FOREARMS'
LEGS/CALVES

Take MOBs advice. Tell the wife its hardcore time. Do you want to live small or die big?

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 10:38:05 PM »
I've been actually thinking about using moderate weights with volume for quite awhile. It's not like I can lift serious weight anymore with my shot shoulder joints but I do what I can do.  I just find personally that I pick weights that are too heavy and find rests between sets are long making for a really long workout. I have seen pros who just move like machines using moderate weights.

I've told this story before here. A guy in my gym worked out where Chris Dickerson was training. He came back and told everyone what light weights he used.  Then he actually worked out with him. He had a change of opinion.  He said he used around 6 quick sets an exercise with high reps and moved so fast the soon he found he had trouble lifting the "light" weights. He couldn't keep up.

When you really focus on the mind-muscle connection and squeeze the muscle and do each rep slow and deliberate, you will soon notice that light weights become VERY heavy.

I tend to "move like a machine and use moderate weight." I dont like taking overly long breaks between sets. I usually take a 30-45 second rest, and get to the next set. I mean, I do increase the weight each set, but I still try to always get between 6-12 reps. If I dont get 6 reps, then I do a drop set to get at least 6+ reps.
X

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:21 PM »
Cable crossovers r the shit after a heavy chest workout forcing blood and squeezing they r a staple finishing move in my book(mortal kombat). I do 2 shrug movements barbell and either dumbell or behind back smith 2nd shrugs r to b done violently straight up squeeze and and fight it down work up to 4-5 plates on the bar and build thick traps. Also add deadlifts to your leg day or some type of Hamm work. deadlifts after squats r a staple if u don't  r do on back day I do on both days some times

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 02:31:53 PM »
Cable crossovers r the shit after a heavy chest workout forcing blood and squeezing they r a staple finishing move in my book(mortal kombat). I do 2 shrug movements barbell and either dumbell or behind back smith 2nd shrugs r to b done violently straight up squeeze and and fight it down work up to 4-5 plates on the bar and build thick traps. Also add deadlifts to your leg day or some type of Hamm work. deadlifts after squats r a staple if u don't  r do on back day I do on both days some times
AGREED I DO SAME...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
That's a lot of exercises.

If it works for you that's all that matters.

I'd do about half that.

8)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 04:38:41 PM »
That's a lot of exercises.

If it works for you that's all that matters.

I'd do about half that.

8)

Im a FREAKING BEAST!! Just kidding.

Meh, I just like to train. As long as I am not overtraining, its all good!!
X

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 05:07:53 AM »
I don't see this as over training expecially as long as sleep and food and supplements r in line

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 05:21:14 AM »
yes could drop some work on the chest and back day too. Donīt agree upright rows are useless either..close grip build great traps. See lots of guys doing Barbell shrugs barely moving traps. Upright rows you move from A to B but of course squeeze at the top. Each to his own.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 08:07:44 AM »
yes could drop some work on the chest and back day too. Donīt agree upright rows are useless either..close grip build great traps. See lots of guys doing Barbell shrugs barely moving traps. Upright rows you move from A to B but of course squeeze at the top. Each to his own.

My back is my best bodypart, will not drop any exercises for back. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
X

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 08:12:53 AM »
My back is my best bodypart, will not drop any exercises for back. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
True mate.. but why so much rowing? Barbell Rows give me my meat and bones.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »

The rows for tha hoes man!
I find each hand positioning benefits in a certain way. So doing supinated, neutral grip has benefits. And is why this "the excercise does not matter" crowd can suck it... Bullshit, just bullshit....
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 09:27:57 AM »

What Rich said. I actually do feel barbell rows and dumbbell presses in specific parts of my back. T-bar rows are optional at times, but always do barbell rows and dumbbell rows.

I guess I also do more rowing because I do not deadlift.
X

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 09:33:05 AM »

X 100.... Barbell rows for the win, I can see a difference from when I don't do them, same with deadlifts which I'm too scared to perform anymore

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 09:51:46 AM »
X 100.... Barbell rows for the win, I can see a difference from when I don't do them, same with deadlifts which I'm too scared to perform anymore
BB rows i have always loved. No machine gives the stimulation you get. Dorian was the king of rows.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 10:00:22 AM »
Yeh, I didn't feel them properly till I read his 1st blood n guts book about 14 yr ago... Some great tips, my fave was " for wide grip chins, try and imagine you are elbowing someone behind you.." All those little tips help alot, I might try and dig it out and re live me youth

Would you be voting snp if you were back home Donny?