Author Topic: Starting Keto diet...When to start cardio??  (Read 3284 times)

Wagonized

• Getbig I
Starting Keto diet...When to start cardio??
« on: April 29, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »
Im 30 years old...6'4 370 lbs.  Although I really carry my weight well.  I have the strongman/fat powerlifter look.  I've gotten around this size before when on pretty high doses of AAS and was quite strong, then cut down afterwards to 262lbs.

This time Ive gotten to this weight due to inactivity from injury, which brought on depression.  So I have much less musclemass this time at 370 than I did last time.  But regardless.....

My goal is to cut down to 249.9lbs.  I just want to be able to say that I was below 250 lbs for once in my adult life.  Id like to hold my weight there for a month or two and figure out where I want to go from there.

Im going to be doing a full Keto diet.....basically Palumbo's diet although probably a bit larger portions because Im much larger than the person its designed for.

Obviously, I dont want to cut too many calories at once, or start at too high of cardio because as the weeks go on ill run out of room to grow.

Ill be running:
Cytomel @ 20mcg ED to start and adjust dose just as Id adjust cardio and calorie intake
Test Cypionate+Enanthate Blend @ 500mg/wk
Aromasin @ 12.5mcg ED to start and adjust accordingly
E/C/A - (25mg/200mg/81mg) taken pre workout, and taken pre fasted cardio

As far as training goes this is my current split:
Tues- Pull
Thurs- Push
Sat- Legs

But will be switching to this in a couple weeks
Mon- Chest and Back
Tues- Quads
Thurs-Delts and Arms
Fri- Hamstrings

I dont see myself training more than 4 days per week, atleast for the first 2 or 3 months. Ill stick with that split and add in more volume or less rest.

So the question is.....Should I start my keto aswell as 10 minutes of morning fasted cardio???? Or start the keto and wait a few weeks before introducing any cardio??

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Re: Starting Keto diet...When to start cardio??
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »
Start cardio yesterday u don't need all that shit to cut almost 100lbs  off just hit trt doses of test only save that for when r not insanely over weight. Powerlifter strong man look? Ok I guess u mean 100lbs over weight look

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 09:41:48 AM »
Start cardio yesterday u don't need all that shit to cut almost 100lbs  off just hit trt doses of test only save that for when r not insanely over weight. Powerlifter strong man look? Ok I guess u mean 100lbs over weight look

I hate to be nasty... But I picture you as obese, and probly in my eyes fat at 250... Hit the cardio and diet hard, mix the cardio up so you don't die of boredom

Buy a bike, go hiking, do a session everytime your at the gym , 45 mins on the stair master melts fat off

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 01:13:52 AM »
I hate to be nasty... But I picture you as obese, and probly in my eyes fat at 250... Hit the cardio and diet hard, mix the cardio up so you don't die of boredom

Buy a bike, go hiking, do a session everytime your at the gym , 45 mins on the stair master melts fat off
When the weather is better here iīm going biking as much as i can. Keeps my knees healthy too. Good advice on the cardio, i like to do 15 mins crosser,15 Stationery bike,10 mins rowing... you donīt get bored.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 02:35:04 AM »
I did a few drills with some boxers the other week, old fashioned cross training, that was a something I hadn't done since PE at school...

I'm getting a bike this summer too, my new job I have half the day at home 'working', so be fun to get some fresh air/miles in

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 09:16:25 AM »
I did a few drills with some boxers the other week, old fashioned cross training, that was a something I hadn't done since PE at school...

I'm getting a bike this summer too, my new job I have half the day at home 'working', so be fun to get some fresh air/miles in
yes... boxing style circuits can turn the hardest man into a quivering wreck... great to build stamina and learning boxing skills is useful to anyone. I love getting out in summer on my bike, much better than in the gym and you see some great sights.. the girls wearing summer dresses.. :P

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 10:23:14 PM »
Im 30 years old...6'4 370 lbs.  Although I really carry my weight well.  I have the strongman/fat powerlifter look.  I've gotten around this size before when on pretty high doses of AAS and was quite strong, then cut down afterwards to 262lbs.

This time Ive gotten to this weight due to inactivity from injury, which brought on depression.  So I have much less musclemass this time at 370 than I did last time.  But regardless.....

My goal is to cut down to 249.9lbs.  I just want to be able to say that I was below 250 lbs for once in my adult life.  Id like to hold my weight there for a month or two and figure out where I want to go from there.

Im going to be doing a full Keto diet.....basically Palumbo's diet although probably a bit larger portions because Im much larger than the person its designed for.

Obviously, I dont want to cut too many calories at once, or start at too high of cardio because as the weeks go on ill run out of room to grow.

Ill be running:
Cytomel @ 20mcg ED to start and adjust dose just as Id adjust cardio and calorie intake
Test Cypionate+Enanthate Blend @ 500mg/wk
Aromasin @ 12.5mcg ED to start and adjust accordingly
E/C/A - (25mg/200mg/81mg) taken pre workout, and taken pre fasted cardio

As far as training goes this is my current split:
Tues- Pull
Thurs- Push
Sat- Legs

But will be switching to this in a couple weeks
Mon- Chest and Back
Tues- Quads
Thurs-Delts and Arms
Fri- Hamstrings

I dont see myself training more than 4 days per week, atleast for the first 2 or 3 months. Ill stick with that split and add in more volume or less rest.

So the question is.....Should I start my keto aswell as 10 minutes of morning fasted cardio???? Or start the keto and wait a few weeks before introducing any cardio??

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I think if you can control your eating and can restrict calories then cardio wouldn't be needed with a good training regime. Would it help for fat loss? Sure.. If you're looking to spare as most muscle possible and are not blasting? Probably not the best.. Again if goals are just weightloss then i would def rec. cardio not everyday though

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 10:24:19 AM »
start cardio? why ever stop?