Author Topic: HIGH INTENSITY TECHNIQUES! HIT!!!  (Read 6877 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
HIGH INTENSITY TECHNIQUES! HIT!!!
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:57:51 AM »
As I transform into a beast this summer, I began to ponder one of the most important topics that have eluded great thinkers for over 500 years: High Intensity Techniques (HIT).

How often do people utilize HIT techniques? Every day? Only on weak bodyparts? 4x per week? What are your favorite HIT techniques?

Researchers in the field of exercise and physiology have said that HIT techniques do not work and goes against current scientific knowledge. What do you think?

Which ones do you use (if you use any at all)?
Negatives
Drop Sets
Ascending Sets
I go, you go (if you have a training partner)
Partials
Rest-Pause
Supersets
Cheat reps
Forced reps
Static holds
X

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: HIGH INTENSITY TECHNIQUES! HIT!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:14:30 AM »
it can be any of the above, depending on how I feel.

But a static hold followed by a negative, to me, in terms of stimulating and creating muscle works pretty good.

?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 10:32:09 AM »
it can be any of the above, depending on how I feel.

But a static hold followed by a negative, to me, in terms of stimulating and creating muscle works pretty good.

A static hold in what point of the lift?
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 10:34:49 AM »
A static hold in what point of the lift?

Where the muscle is contracted the most.
?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
I do all these from time to time accept static, rest pause, and negatives drops sets r my favorite along with super sets or opposing muscle  super sets.. All these can b used time to time to change shit up add intensity burn calories do drop sets with squats or leg press and your lungs will burn

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »
I do all these from time to time accept static, rest pause, and negatives drops sets r my favorite along with super sets or opposing muscle  super sets.. All these can b used time to time to change shit up add intensity burn calories do drop sets with squats or leg press and your lungs will burn

I start to really sweat when I utilize HIT techniques. Especially when I do drop sets or rest-pause sets.

I feel like a beast afterwards.
X

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 04:23:05 PM »
I'm the nastiest sweatiest person I get accused of being on TRen year round it's really fucking gross but hilarious to me at the same time

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 05:31:07 PM »
Since you're a volume guy I find it curious that you are looking into HIT. Most volume guys keep heavy lifting in their routines by selecting a major exercise to max out on from time to time. Arnold always said he did it in early routines. I don't know the set and rep range you use but for the sake of explanation let's say you use when you bench 5 sets of 12 reps. Then you move to your inclines then flies.  Every once in a while do your bench sets with 4 sets of these reps respectively: 6-4-2-1.  You can use this periodically with your volume routine for various major exercises like the bench, delt presses, dead lifts and squats. You can continue your routine with the usual volume. It won't make you a power lifter but it keeps heavy lifting periodically in your volume routine. Since by it's definition volume usually involve moderate weights  unless your Ronnie Coleman this will keep your hand in heavy lifting.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »
Since you're a volume guy I find it curious that you are looking into HIT. Most volume guys keep heavy lifting in their routines by selecting a major exercise to max out on from time to time. Arnold always said he did it in early routines. I don't know the set and rep range you use but for the sake of explanation let's say you use when you bench 5 sets of 12 reps. Then you move to your inclines then flies.  Every once in a while do your bench sets with 4 sets of these reps respectively: 6-4-2-1.  You can use this periodically with your volume routine for various major exercises like the bench, delt presses, dead lifts and squats. You can continue your routine with the usual volume. It won't make you a power lifter but it keeps heavy lifting periodically in your volume routine. Since by it's definition volume usually involve moderate weights  unless your Ronnie Coleman this will keep your hand in heavy lifting.

Is volume training and HIT mutually exclusive?
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 05:28:11 AM »
I see where the problem is. It's a semantics situation. Yes, HIT and volume are two polar opposites. It's like saying you want to train to be a 400 meter sprinter and a marathoner at the same time. Rereading your original post you are not talking about high intensity training but various tools to use while you are doing volume like super sets, forced reps and partials. 

HIT by common accepted definition is low sets to failure. Generally three sets and under although many in the HIT community it's blasphemy if you use more than one set to failure.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 06:46:23 AM »
Volume or hit its good to change things up

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 06:56:26 AM »
My only problem with hit or one set to failure is that say: your chest is 3-4inches thick and however wide across and u want muscle tissue damage from the facia all the way deep through to your chest bones. one set one chance, to exert enough work into 8-12 reps to work all those fibers(I always imagine a roast that has been bruised or ifnubhave ever killed an animal with a rifle the shock around the entrance wound) is what u can imagine the muscle damage mayb not as sever but to a degree... It's just my way of though that more sets will damage the muscle further and further where as u keep adding weight u rip a pec or tendon loose and still not get the equivalent stimulation

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 09:19:33 AM »
I see where the problem is. It's a semantics situation. Yes, HIT and volume are two polar opposites. It's like saying you want to train to be a 400 meter sprinter and a marathoner at the same time. Rereading your original post you are not talking about high intensity training but various tools to use while you are doing volume like super sets, forced reps and partials.  

HIT by common accepted definition is low sets to failure. Generally three sets and under although many in the HIT community it's blasphemy if you use more than one set to failure.

Well, yes, I realize they are mututally exclusive in the strict sense of the word, that does not mean you cant train with high volume while also including HIT techniques. That is what I meant.

Edit: Yes, I was talking about specific HIT techniques/tools to use, which can pretty much be used no matter what workout you're doing.
X

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 10:52:30 AM »
Negs are great with a partner

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 11:06:29 AM »
As I transform into a beast this summer, I began to ponder one of the most important topics that have eluded great thinkers for over 500 years: High Intensity Techniques (HIT).

How often do people utilize HIT techniques? Every day? Only on weak bodyparts? 4x per week? What are your favorite HIT techniques?

Researchers in the field of exercise and physiology have said that HIT techniques do not work and goes against current scientific knowledge. What do you think?

Which ones do you use (if you use any at all)?
Negatives
Drop Sets :'(
Ascending Sets
I go, you go (if you have a training partner)
Partials
Rest-Pause
Supersets
Cheat reps
Forced reps
Static holds
F

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
Forced reps, negs, dropsets

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 08:37:50 PM »
Drop sets
Pyramids  ..probably the same as ascending-descending sets & ladders. Different part of the country may use different names for the same thing.
Partials
Rest-pause
Cheat reps
one & one half system
Forced reps
Static holds
SS's, tri sets & quad sets.
Giant sets Usually 6 to 9 or 10 exercises in a cycle..non stop.
Breathing 20 rep squats, cleans or DL's

All of the above could be listed as intense, in one form or another. May find it can be just as much a mental effort as a physical one on most of those systems.

Try most of those on an experimental bases since I got serious when around 16.

Most productive, for my body type anyway;

Rest-Pause
Partials
Cheats
 Breathing 20 rep squats.

The hardest, but worth the sweat...20 rep breathing squats. Adding more weight each workout.

Good Luck.
F