Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 56326 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #375 on: June 05, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »
and jordan can thank phil for his 6 because he won shit without him

E

Yep because it was Phil playing out of his mind hitting 3's from all over.  It was Phil jumping over everyone and hitting jump shots from anywhere.  Or do you want to give credit to superstars like Wentworth or Longley?

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: June 05, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »
yep 44 and when the game was close with a few minutes to go and into overtime he pulled a Houdini and vanished. Remember it's not how you start but how you finish.

GS' plan worked out. They won't double LeBron and force him to take 30+ shoots per game. He made 18/38 or something like that which is a great percentage for that many shoots. Without Irving, what's it gonna be? 40+ shots? Expect the percentage to drop. I wouldn't want to be a Cavs fan right now.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #377 on: June 05, 2015, 01:01:06 PM »
lebron scored 44 points yet you haters are still blaming him for the loss ::)

E

Lol.

Can you please just admit that Lebron did what he often does, play great and then disappear at crunch time.  He is the anti-Michael Jordan. 

And please stop bringing up Phil Jackson because he doesn't have shit to do with your boy.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2015, 01:24:30 PM »
I guess LeBron can credit Erik Spoelstra for his meager two rings because he hasn't won shit without him :)

Isn't going to get one this year either, maybe next year.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #379 on: June 05, 2015, 01:30:14 PM »
I guess LeBron can credit Erik Spoelstra for his meager two rings because he hasn't won shit without him :)

Isn't going to get one this year either, maybe next year.

The shitty east got worst with Chicago's coach getting canned.  The east is a cake walk for any half decent team so the Cavs can make the finals 4 years in a row, but that's where it ends for them each time when they meet the West Champs

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2015, 01:41:05 PM »
The shitty east got worst with Chicago's coach getting canned.  The east is a cake walk for any half decent team so the Cavs can make the finals 4 years in a row, but that's where it ends for them each time when they meet the West Champs

Assuming Irving is ok and Love doesn't bolt, they should be the top team in the East for at least a couple more years unless LeBron really drops off fast or New Orleans manages to pair another major talent with Anthony Davis (he's a beast, future MVP no doubt).

Can you please just admit that Lebron did what he often does, play great and then disappear at crunch time.  He is the anti-Michael Jordan. 

He (LeBron) is weird in that he seems to step up in terms of having a good overall game in big games, like I bet if you ran the numbers his stats in Game 1's, elimination games, etc. are relatively good compared to his averages, but then he'll do something in those games like go for the whole OT period without scoring until the defense gifts him a bunny when the game's over.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
Assuming Irving is ok and Love doesn't bolt, they should be the top team in the East for at least a couple more years unless LeBron really drops off fast or New Orleans manages to pair another major talent with Anthony Davis (he's a beast, future MVP no doubt).

New Orleans is in the west.  So yes, the West Champs will win for a while.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2015, 01:45:40 PM »

Welcome to 2015. The Pelicans are a Western Conference team. Bet you still have a Jamaal Magloire poster in your bedroom.

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #383 on: June 05, 2015, 01:46:26 PM »
New Orleans is in the west.  So yes, the West Champs will win for a while.

;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »
New Orleans is in the west.  So yes, the West Champs will win for a while.

You're right.  I would have sworn they were in the East.

;D

Kitchen.

Welcome to 2015. The Pelicans are a Western Conference team.

Fuck off queerbait.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #385 on: June 05, 2015, 01:49:34 PM »
You're right.  I would have sworn they were in the East.

Kitchen.

Fuck off queerbait.

Nope.  The Cavs really have no hard teams in the East.  Unless the Wizards make a move for Aldrige or Marc Gasol, they won't have much trouble.

I'm not sure how long the Blatt, James relationship will last.  Late in the game James misses and Mosgov kicks out the rebound back to James and he goes and calls a time out and the look on Blatt's face was WTF!  lol.  Lebrom won't listen to his coach and he's essentially killing his team by doing that.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: June 05, 2015, 01:52:33 PM »
Nope.  The Cavs really have no hard teams in the East.  Unless the Wizards make a move for Aldrige or Marc Gasol, they won't have much trouble.

I'm not sure how long the Blatt, James relationship will last.  Late in the game James misses and Mosgov kicks out the rebound back to James and he goes and calls a time out and the look on Blatt's face was WTF!  lol.  Lebrom won't listen to his coach and he's essentially killing his team by doing that.

The Bulls with a healthy Gasol could be a challenge. Though Noah chokes in the playoffs. Rose is a hell of a player even without knees.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #387 on: June 05, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »

Confused when they WERE the Hornets and were in the East?

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #388 on: June 05, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »

Kitchen.

Fuck off queerbait.

I will have you know I am at work now in a fancy high-rise. Dinner later, I will post a picture just for you.  :-*

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2015, 02:00:27 PM »
I will have you know I am at work now in a fancy high-rise. Dinner later, I will post a picture just for you.  :-*
What are your rates?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
 ;D ;D :D
Rofl

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2015, 02:04:05 PM »
What are your rates?

For dinner? If you perform a strip tease on Hulk wearing a bunny suit to any R.Kelly song, I will cook you anything your cold little heart desires.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2015, 02:10:27 PM »
wait.  So now the commissioner is saying they may change the seeding and do a 1-16 format.  If that is the case the Cavs will never make it to the finals.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »
wait.  So now the commissioner is saying they may change the seeding and do a 1-16 format.  If that is the case the Cavs will never make it to the finals.
If they do that, then they should get rid of conferences and divisions all together.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea actually........all 30 teams compete during the season, top 16 make playoffs, and have seeding similar to the NCAA tournament.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2015, 02:26:33 PM »

Really? Link? Would be amazing if they do

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2015, 02:27:57 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13020515/kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-fractures-kneecap-season-ending-surgery

Breaking News,  *****Cavs say Kyrie will miss 3-4 months with fractured left kneecap. What a brutal break for Kyrie and the franchise
 4min ago

he better come thru or all the greatness talk needs to stop

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: June 05, 2015, 02:29:38 PM »

With the West being so much more competitive, it actually makes sense. This trend is actually getting worse.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: June 05, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
With the West being so much more competitive, it actually makes sense. This trend is actually getting worse.

I just read about it, he isn't just talking about seeding the top 16 from both conferences as a whole, as he said that would mean more travel, i.e this year golden state would have played Boston in the first round.Rather having each conference seed 1-8 by record rather than having division champs seeding higher.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: June 05, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »
I just read about it, he isn't just talking about seeding the top 16 from both conferences as a whole, as he said that would mean more travel, i.e this year golden state would have played Boston in the first round.Rather having each conference seed 1-8 by record rather than having division champs seeding higher.
The unpredictability of the playoff matchups would be great. 16th seed beating a 1 seed  :o

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »
The unpredictability of the playoff matchups would be great. 16th seed beating a 1 seed  :o

It would, but like the comissioner said, it would mean too much travel, the man has a point.