Author Topic: Deflategate <again>  (Read 62277 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Deflategate <again>
« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »
Sooo... Tom Brady smashed his phone with a hammer when the NFL asked to see his texts, huh?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2015, 11:45:57 AM »
Sooo... Tom Brady smashed his phone with a hammer when the NFL asked to see his texts, huh?

Completely reasonable. I smashed my iPhone 4S up when I got the 5S.

Or I sold it back to Apple, I can't remember.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2015, 11:47:37 AM »
Brady said he smashes phones regularly.  This one was just part of the normal rotation and it was only a coincidence that it occurred right AFTER dude asked for text records.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #353 on: August 25, 2015, 07:41:34 AM »
What the fuck.  So now Peter King is apologizing for giving false info he received from the NFL.  Turns out only 1 out of 12 balls was deflated.  How the fuck is this even an issue?  Is the NFL using this as a reason to punish the Patriots for something else?  Is there a bigger scandal involving the Patriots and Brady that they don't want to admit to in fear of tarnishing the league?  Fixed games maybe?  Something else?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2015, 07:47:57 AM »
Hahaha 1 ball only ??? ???

The balls are rotated almost after every down by the refs, so brady now can count footballs better then Rain man counting toothpicks in a dinner

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2015, 07:58:29 AM »
The NFL is becoming a joke.
Goodell shouldn't have ALL of the power; the players were dumb in signing the last collective bargaining agreement. Look at how popular football is compared to baseball, then compare the salaries.  ???
a

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2015, 08:34:01 AM »
What the fuck.  So now Peter King is apologizing for giving false info he received from the NFL.  Turns out only 1 out of 12 balls was deflated.  How the fuck is this even an issue?  Is the NFL using this as a reason to punish the Patriots for something else?  Is there a bigger scandal involving the Patriots and Brady that they don't want to admit to in fear of tarnishing the league?  Fixed games maybe?  Something else?

the story on it

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/king-apologizes-for-false-psi-report/

Since the Ted Wells report was released on May 6, we’ve known that a report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen regarding the air pressure measured in 11 of 12 Patriots footballs at halftime of the AFC title game was wrong. ESPN has never apologized for the erroneous report. (Mortensen recently deleted a tweet containing the report without comment; however, the original ESPN.com story still contains the inaccurate information.)

On Sunday, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe brought to light the fact that Peter King of TheMMQB.com later echoed Mort’s report. King’s report also included a claim that all 12 footballs used by the Colts were measured to be within the accepted range at halftime of the game. (In reality, only four Colts footballs were measured, and one of the gauges used showed that three of the balls were under 12.5 PSI.)

King has now explained his report, and he has apologized for it.

It wasn’t King’s report but Mortensen’s that turned a curiosity into #DeflateGate! Still, the reports were both wrong — and the fact that two prominent national reporters published the same false information makes the league’s decision to remain silent in the aftermath of the reports even more glaring.

On Sunday, when the dots were connected from an ESPN story back to an ESPN analyst regarding the shameful “fall guy” routine from the 2014 Rookie Symposium, the NFL immediately pulled the plug on a video that had been hiding in plain sight on the league’s website for more than a year. Why did the NFL never correct the record on data that created a clear impression that tampering occurred at a time when the Patriots were forced to defend themselves in the court of public opinion without access to the truth?

King still believes that his source believed the false information to be true, which may or may not be the product of George Costanza’s advice for beating a polygraph machine. King also isn’t convinced that he and Mort were used to push a false narrative.

As we see it, there’s no other logical explanation. Otherwise, the NFL would have pounced to correct the error.

“[T]he reason I’m skeptical about this is because with the knowledge that there would be a full investigation and clearly the air pressure in the footballs would be publicized at some point, the league would look stupid for putting out false information that would eventually come back to embarrass the league,” King wrote Monday.

But it wasn’t definite that the league would look stupid. With the false PSI reports from more than three months earlier not even mentioned in the 243-page Wells report, someone had to actually connect the dots back to the initial reports. Perhaps whoever leaked the false information was more concerned about ensuring that the presumption of cheating would be investigated than about the possibility of the league being embarrassed later by a disconnect between the leaks provided to Mortensen and King and reality.

Regardless of whether King’s source believed or didn’t believe the information, someone told a lie to someone else, and that lie became regarded as the truth due in large part to the failure of the NFL to call out the falsehoods.

“Clearly, this story, along with the Ray Rice story from last fall, has made me question sources and sourcing in general, and in a story as inflammatory as this one, you can’t just take the story of a person whose word you trust as gospel,” King explained.

The broader message is that it’s dangerous in cases like this to believe anything at face value. Everyone who provides information on an off-the-record basis has an agenda. Sometimes, the goal is merely to have a good relationship with the reporter. On other occasions, the goal is to use that good relationship to propagate a lie.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2015, 09:07:14 AM »
The NFL is doing whatever it takes to stay on top but a league that employees so many thugs and idiots ( I'm not talking about the black players) is going to implode sooner or later.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: August 25, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
whole lotta texts, deception and lying for an innocent tom brady.

He went out of his way to change stories, change positions, smash phones, for a man with nothing to hide ;)

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: August 25, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »
243-page Wells report , to find ONE ball was under inflated  ::) in a game the pats won 45 - 7

What a fucking joke of a commissioner

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2015, 09:46:17 AM »

He went out of his way to change stories, change positions, smash phones, for a man with nothing to hide ;)

But all for 1 ball.  Something else is up.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2015, 09:50:55 AM »
kind of like the NFL lying saying they never got the elevator video of rice smashing this wife face with a fist

then when the police dept confirmed it was signed for he said oh ok yea we have it here  ::)

funny how rodger goodell didnt turn in his phone for investigation to see if he ever texted ray rice or his lawyer about the video or incident before it went public that he had it in his office

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2015, 12:04:28 PM »
kind of like the NFL lying saying they never got the elevator video of rice smashing this wife face with a fist

then when the police dept confirmed it was signed for he said oh ok yea we have it here  ::)

funny how rodger goodell didnt turn in his phone for investigation to see if he ever texted ray rice or his lawyer about the video or incident before it went public that he had it in his office

Just as how the NFL had the Cris Carter video on their site for over a year and until someone complained they didn't seem to care about what he said

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2015, 12:38:11 PM »

This won't stand for long in court.

But for Patriots haters, it will always be 12/12 balls <10 psi.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2015, 05:23:06 PM »
Where are you guys seeing this one ball story? 

I'm not seeing it on any of the major sports new sites.

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2015, 10:00:13 AM »

NFL...oh, brother   ::)

Nails

• Getbig V

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »
Both sides met in court today, with neither side agreeing to a settlement. They said the meeting lasted only 4 minutes.

Both the NFL and the Players Union want the judge to make a final decision by Sept. 4, but the judge did not guarantee a decision by that time.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
Both sides met in court today, with neither side agreeing to a settlement. They said the meeting lasted only 4 minutes.

Both the NFL and the Players Union want the judge to make a final decision by Sept. 4, but the judge did not guarantee a decision by that time.

Jets fan  ???

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »

Jets fan  ???

Patriots fan. Unless you are making a joke, which in that case flew right over my head. Like a Jet

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2015, 03:25:24 PM »
Patriots fan. Unless you are making a joke, which in that case flew right over my head. Like a Jet

:-\

i was referring to the judge handling the case, unless you are the judge in the case shizzo

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: September 01, 2015, 02:08:05 AM »
NFL - embarrassment. 25K equipment fine, move on. Could have been over in 30 mins.
Learn from the NHL, illegal stick = 2 minute penalty.

Goodell and his boyfriend cronies are just highly overpaid, buffoons.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »
 NFL   ::) ::) ::)

BREAKING: Tom Brady beats NFL in 'Deflategate' court case, judge nullifies league's 4-game suspension.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: September 03, 2015, 07:26:13 AM »
Innocent like OJ