Author Topic: Question Re: Side Effect Control on 100-200mg of Test-E (HRT)  (Read 5473 times)

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
A friend of mine is waiting to see a doc for script for test-e as he has low testosterone. He's been using the gel for awhile, but had enough so he's decided to use some test from an underground lab until he can get a real script and some medical advice on HRT

He's using about 100-200mg of Test-E every 7 days at the moment. It's hard to say exactly how much he's using because it's underground. He's not currently taking a SERM or an AI etc. I'm aware that HRT dosages are 50-150mg generally, but like I said, he's got some underground test that may be underdosed. He's going by feel.

1st question:

If he starts to get sore nips or early signs of gyno, what should he take, how often, at which dose, and should it be maintained as long as he is on Test-E?

2nd question:

He has some Nolvadex on hand. He's not taking it at the moment, but if he starts to get sore nips, should he just use that? How much, how often etc...

Last question:

Should he be taking some sort of SERM or AI while using such a low dose for HRT? Is it even necessary?

Thanks very much

Mega Man

• Getbig III
Re: Question Re: Side Effect Control on 100-200mg of Test-E (HRT)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 07:52:34 PM »
I've  been or HRT for 2 years now. I take 200mgs test cyp per week. It took a while when I started for estrogen to build up at that dose...but it did build up. After 4-6 months I noticed gyno symptoms. I started taking adex and Nolvadex Pharm grade and it cleared it up. Plus I felt a lot better. More sex drive, balance, and sense of well being. I take 1mg adex 3x a week. Sometimes more If I feel like im Holding water.

millineum man

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 08:54:20 PM »
I've  been or HRT for 2 years now. I take 200mgs test cyp per week. It took a while when I started for estrogen to build up at that dose...but it did build up. After 4-6 months I noticed gyno symptoms. I started taking adex and Nolvadex Pharm grade and it cleared it up. Plus I felt a lot better. More sex drive, balance, and sense of well being. I take 1mg adex 3x a week. Sometimes more If I feel like im Holding water.
Have you noticed any size and strength increases while being on for the past 2 years?

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 10:43:35 PM »
Yeah...a tab more then natural. When I take it every 5 days it's even a bigger difference. From my experience...2 50mgs is where you rreally will notice the difference. 250 is when it becomes a low dose cycle, and you'll make solid gains with training and diet. When I take 200mg every 5 days it comes out to lime 233mgs per week I believe. I notice a difference in those 30 mg. 250mg you notice  it even more.

with just 200mg you can make gains...especially when you add in creatine I noticed.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 11:05:23 PM »
A friend of mine is waiting to see a doc for script for test-e as he has low testosterone. He's been using the gel for awhile, but had enough so he's decided to use some test from an underground lab until he can get a real script and some medical advice on HRT

He's using about 100-200mg of Test-E every 7 days at the moment. It's hard to say exactly how much he's using because it's underground. He's not currently taking a SERM or an AI etc. I'm aware that HRT dosages are 50-150mg generally, but like I said, he's got some underground test that may be underdosed. He's going by feel.

1st question:

If he starts to get sore nips or early signs of gyno, what should he take, how often, at which dose, and should it be maintained as long as he is on Test-E?

2nd question:

He has some Nolvadex on hand. He's not taking it at the moment, but if he starts to get sore nips, should he just use that? How much, how often etc...

Last question:

Should he be taking some sort of SERM or AI while using such a low dose for HRT? Is it even necessary?

Thanks very much

I've been on HRT for several years. Currently I am injecting 100 mg, once a week. The prescription calls for 150 mg. This gives me some wiggle room if 100 mg isn't doing the trick any longer.

Every Wednesday I take a 1 mg tablet of Anastrozole. Every Saturday and Sunday, I inject 250 mg of HCG. So far, this has worked fine for me. My nips are fine and there is no evidence of gyno going on.

Everyone is different and might respond differently to the same dosages. My regime is partly from advice I got on All Things Male, partly my urologists recommendation and mostly based on how I feel.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 12:03:55 AM »
Yeah...a tab more then natural. When I take it every 5 days it's even a bigger difference. From my experience...2 50mgs is where you rreally will notice the difference. 250 is when it becomes a low dose cycle, and you'll make solid gains with training and diet. When I take 200mg every 5 days it comes out to lime 233mgs per week I believe. I notice a difference in those 30 mg. 250mg you notice  it even more.

with just 200mg you can make gains...especially when you add in creatine I noticed.

200mg every 5 days is 280 a week. not 233.  ::) ::) ::)
thats 80mg extra, not 30. lol

I've been on HRT for several years. Currently I am injecting 100 mg, once a week. The prescription calls for 150 mg. This gives me some wiggle room if 100 mg isn't doing the trick any longer.

Every Wednesday I take a 1 mg tablet of Anastrozole. Every Saturday and Sunday, I inject 250 mg of HCG. So far, this has worked fine for me. My nips are fine and there is no evidence of gyno going on.

Everyone is different and might respond differently to the same dosages. My regime is partly from advice I got on All Things Male, partly my urologists recommendation and mostly based on how I feel.

i know many people take AIs just once a week but thats stupid. its a hormone rollercoaster that way. you would be much better off splitting the dosages... arimidex half life is way too short to be used once a week.
you probably completely kill your estrogen for 2-3 days of the week and the other 4-5 days its normal/ maybe even high
hormones should always be kept as stable as possible to avoid sides...

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 03:10:46 AM »

i know many people take AIs just once a week but thats stupid. its a hormone rollercoaster that way. you would be much better off splitting the dosages... arimidex half life is way too short to be used once a week.
you probably completely kill your estrogen for 2-3 days of the week and the other 4-5 days its normal/ maybe even high

What I've been doing is that I take AI the first half of the week to coincide with the days when the test dose peaks. Towards the end of the week I don't take the AI. I haven' had E2 bloodwork, but I do get E2 related acne and I've had pretty much no acne doing it this way, so I figure my E2 levels are ok.

Bear in mind I take 250 mg/week or less (enhanced TRT dose)

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 08:11:18 AM »

how is it 280mg? Show me the math please so I can understand...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 09:25:35 AM »

Yup, was too lazy to post this but totally agree.  And why bother take hcg if you're gonna be on hrt. Just selling you shit you don't need..
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »
how is it 280mg? Show me the math please so I can understand...
you inject 200mg every 5 days
200:5=40
so thats equal to 40mg a day
a week has 7 days
7x40=280

200mg every 5 days = 280mg every 7 days
200:5 = 40
280:7 = 40
;)
i actually always calculate total dosages into daily amounts and then just multiply with 7
way easier imo
200mg every 6 days would be 233mg a week
same as 100mg every 3 days
same as 33,3mg a day
x7
=233
What I've been doing is that I take AI the first half of the week to coincide with the days when the test dose peaks. Towards the end of the week I don't take the AI. I haven' had E2 bloodwork, but I do get E2 related acne and I've had pretty much no acne doing it this way, so I figure my E2 levels are ok.

Bear in mind I take 250 mg/week or less (enhanced TRT dose)
test E actually peaks within 2-4 hours, the half life is not really relevant to when the blood plasma peak is reached. theres a study on that, i think with test E or cyp.
it just releases slowly.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »
Mmm just learned something jizmo didn't know it peaked in a few hours...

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 04:52:23 PM »
you inject 200mg every 5 days
200:5=40
so thats equal to 40mg a day
a week has 7 days
7x40=280

200mg every 5 days = 280mg every 7 days
200:5 = 40
280:7 = 40
;)
i actually always calculate total dosages into daily amounts and then just multiply with 7
way easier imo
200mg every 6 days would be 233mg a week
same as 100mg every 3 days
same as 33,3mg a day
x7
=233test E actually peaks within 2-4 hours, the half life is not really relevant to when the blood plasma peak is reached. theres a study on that, i think with test E or cyp.
it just releases slowly.

yeah I was right with my math....I used to do it every 6 days which was 230, but I forgot I started to do it every 5 days but didn't update the math. I found out that my pharmacy let's me refill earlier than 30 days so I can get away with 1 vial every 5 days then just refill.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 06:11:12 PM »

[/quote]

Of course you are right about this. The usual recommendation is to take a half or a quarter of a tablet spread out over the course of a week. Supposedly, folks figure this out by whether the have boners in the morning when they wake up or not. I don't get boners anytime of the day these days, so that measure of success won't work for me. Plus those tiny tabs are a bitch to cut into quarters.

Fortunately, Test has a have life of about 8 days. This means my Monday morning injection is good until the following Monday Monday morning. The HGC on the weekends insures my one ball doesn't become a raisin, for whatever that's worth.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »
why do you care if your nuts shrink?

Mine have never gotten small, but never were big (weird...). No chick has ever noticed anything about them. Just me being super horny all the time...

Sure hope that stuff is covered by insurance as you sure as hell don't need it.
?

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »
why do you care if your nuts shrink?

Mine have never gotten small, but never were big (weird...). No chick has ever noticed anything about them. Just me being super horny all the time...

Sure hope that stuff is covered by insurance as you sure as hell don't need it.

testes produce other hormones besides testosterone and sperm, that's why people use hCG on cycle.

IIRC dr crisler's TRT protocol includes sub-q test injections, HCG, pregnenolone, and DHEA

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 09:35:28 PM »
testes produce other hormones besides testosterone and sperm, that's why people use hCG on cycle.

IIRC dr crisler's TRT protocol includes sub-q test injections, HCG, pregnenolone, and DHEA

All wonderful for his sales I bet...
If needed, fine. I forget but heardt the uses for preg and dhea, forget though, but know some can have uses for them.

But isn't Primemuscle "older" as in who cares if the tests produce? That's why I don't understand the hcg approach. A lot of products here for simple hrt use it seems???
?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 10:17:16 PM »

DHEA has been one of my go to supplements for many years. I have not tried pregnenolone. Perhaps it is time I think about doing this.

I've often wondered how I would be different if both my nuts were intact. My right nut died when I had the mumps at 14 and neglected to mention to my parents that it was badly swollen before it was too late to save it.

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 08:11:27 AM »
DHEA has been one of my go to supplements for many years. I have not tried pregnenolone. Perhaps it is time I think about doing this.

I've often wondered how I would be different if both my nuts were intact. My right nut died when I had the mumps at 14 and neglected to mention to my parents that it was badly swollen before it was too late to save it.

How is your fertility on 1 testicle? I've heard that one is enough

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 03:40:40 PM »
How is your fertility on 1 testicle? I've heard that one is enough

Your question should be, "How was your fertility on one testicle." I'm 70 years old and a prostate cancer survivor. A prostatectomy removes any chance of making more kids and that's a plus. No kid wants a 70 year old father.

When I was in my 20's and 30's fertility was not a problem, although we only have two kids. But, that was our plan. I've also heard that one testicle does the work of two, much like having one ovary. My guess is that it still affected my testosterone levels. I just didn't know it at the time.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 05:19:49 AM »
HCG is given because a lot of people (legitimate patients) don't want to experience shrunken balls while on their TRT/HRT therapy.

Depending on your/your friend's age, seeing a regular doctor would be the last thing I did.  The anti aging clinics and HRT/TRT clinics are much better and more up to speed on the science of testosterone supplementation.

The usual combo that is Rx'd in FL is :

200mg weekly Test
500ius x 2 weekly HCG
1 tab adex twice weekly

And you really don't have to do all the follow up with your doctor and bullshit tests all the time.  Once per year you see the doc and twice a year you have blood work. 

Anyone that is fiddling around with roids on a casual/hobby level, I recommend to go the clinic route.  If you are not earning $$ from your body as a BBer, or fitness model, or WWE wrestler or whatever... the risk of a felony on your record if you get caught is NOT worth it.  I only do one cycle per year (and stock pile the goods the months I am off), but having a legit script for it is the best thing you can do for yourself if you are just messing around with the sauce.  I can travel anywhere with this and don't have to worry about hiding or smuggling it.  Everything they send you comes individually labeled with your Rx script.  The test, the syringes, the 18g drawing syringes, the insulin pins, even the damn alcohol swabs come with a Rx label on it in your name.  If you have a professional career or professional license that could be in danger if you get caught on a drug charge, then the clinic route is the only logical choice you have.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 06:24:14 AM »

Of course you are right about this. The usual recommendation is to take a half or a quarter of a tablet spread out over the course of a week. Supposedly, folks figure this out by whether the have boners in the morning when they wake up or not. I don't get boners anytime of the day these days, so that measure of success won't work for me. Plus those tiny tabs are a bitch to cut into quarters.

Fortunately, Test has a have life of about 8 days. This means my Monday morning injection is good until the following Monday Monday morning. The HGC on the weekends insures my one ball doesn't become a raisin, for whatever that's worth.
agree on everything, however test E and cyp have about a 4-5 day half life, not 8-9 as the oldschool way of thought was
some even metabolize AAS faster than that
i would also always inject twice a week with E or cyp. otherwise youll experience a SIGNIFICANT drop towards the end of every week.

look at the graph here:
http://steroidplot.com/share/?l=5&t=0&n=1&c0_d=200&c0_c=testosterone&c0_f=enanthate&c0_s=7&c0_fr=1&c0_to=5
you only have about a third of your weekly dosage left at the end of the week.
these are VERY unstable levels which provoke side effects.
i know many hrt docs usually only give a single shot every 14 days, which is completely retarded and the reason for many guys on TRT having issues.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 12:09:46 PM »
agree on everything, however test E and cyp have about a 4-5 day half life, not 8-9 as the oldschool way of thought was
some even metabolize AAS faster than that
i would also always inject twice a week with E or cyp. otherwise youll experience a SIGNIFICANT drop towards the end of every week.

look at the graph here:
http://steroidplot.com/share/?l=5&t=0&n=1&c0_d=200&c0_c=testosterone&c0_f=enanthate&c0_s=7&c0_fr=1&c0_to=5
you only have about a third of your weekly dosage left at the end of the week.
these are VERY unstable levels which provoke side effects.
i know many hrt docs usually only give a single shot every 14 days, which is completely retarded and the reason for many guys on TRT having issues.

Well, my urologist could be wrong about the half life of test cyp, but 8 days is what he told me it was. This was one of the reasons I switched from having an injection in his office once every three weeks to giving myself an injection once a week.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »
Well, my urologist could be wrong about the half life of test cyp, but 8 days is what he told me it was. This was one of the reasons I switched from having an injection in his office once every three weeks to giving myself an injection once a week.

How are the workouts coming along?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 12:59:10 PM »

yeah he is wrong. every 3 weeks is absolutely terrible, youre already low on testosterone after a single week with 1 shot of 200mg. after 2 weeks you pretty much have zero testosterone in your system...
docs these days are completely clueless for the most part..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 01:48:36 PM »
How are the workouts coming along?

Not much happening .  Its been a little hectic lately.