Author Topic: Couple ideas and suggestions I have for wwe  (Read 147705 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Couple ideas and suggestions I have for wwe
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 04:57:31 PM »
I haven't followed wrestling super close the last several years so I have a question, has anyone ever cashed in the mib briefcase and not won the title?

YES!

2 people... sort of .

Mr. Kennedy won it, then lost it to Edge, who cashed it in and won and Damian Sandow won it and lost when he tried to cash it in.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »
Sham-Wow sucks.

I find nothing compelling about him at all. No matter what he does, he will never be over.

The silly Mohawk and rubber bands in his beard screams of a guy trying way too hard and still failing.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »
The silly Mohawk and rubber bands in his beard screams of a guy trying way too hard and still failing.

Reminds me of old etchings of Black Beard the Pirate.

Just put some burning matches in that hair and we have a real life Buccaneer.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 07:51:47 PM »
After watching Rollins vs Cena I can't help but think Rollins style is much more suited for a face. They need to turn him face ASAP.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 04:43:50 AM »
After watching Rollins vs Cena I can't help but think Rollins style is much more suited for a face. They need to turn him face ASAP.

They appear to be heading in that direction, as evidenced by the white outfit.

It's hard to hate someone when you admire their athletic ability. So, to get people to hate Rollins, they have him going on and on with endless promos. This approach just gets people changing the channel, which is not what they had in mind.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 11:08:52 PM »
Rollins losing to Cena cleanly 2 nights in a row ugh.  :-\

He's the champ, this shouldn't be happening. Please turn him face ASAP!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 05:53:04 AM »
I didn't catch much of the show, as I was watching the Jets dismantle Andrew Luck and Co, but, Piage's Heel Turn was awesome. I'm expecting good things from her in the next few weeks.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2015, 07:53:28 AM »
I didn't catch much of the show, as I was watching the Jets dismantle Andrew Luck and Co, but, Piage's Heel Turn was awesome. I'm expecting good things from her in the next few weeks.

I was very happy about this, plus all of the things she said were accurate as fuck.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2015, 10:09:44 AM »
I was very happy about this, plus all of the things she said were accurate as fuck.

Ironically, this turn will probably make her more popular with the fans.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2015, 12:49:25 PM »
Rollins losing to Cena cleanly 2 nights in a row ugh.  :-\

He's the champ, this shouldn't be happening. Please turn him face ASAP!
could they turn cena with rollins going face as a f/u to fans for siding with rollins?i like cena either way,,he has goody /goody with 1/2 arena booing him ..it works

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 01:02:37 PM »
could they turn cena with rollins going face as a f/u to fans for siding with rollins?i like cena either way,,he has goody /goody with 1/2 arena booing him ..it works

I like Cena too, plus, with all the work he does with Make a Wish, I could never boo the guy.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »

Cena is interesting because the kids and the casual fans love him but the "smart" fans don't like him or are at least tired of him. I will admit his wrestling ability has improved over the years.

I imagine they will just leave him as a face, but I must admit I do like the John Cena sucks chants to his music.  ;D

Paige hit a home run last night with her promo. Best diva promo I have seen in a very long time. That's the type of stuff they need to actually make this diva revolution a success.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »
Cena is interesting because the kids and the casual fans love him but the "smart" fans don't like him or are at least tired of him. I will admit his wrestling ability has improved over the years.

I imagine they will just leave him as a face, but I must admit I do like the John Cena sucks chants to his music.  ;D

Paige hit a home run last night with her promo. Best diva promo I have seen in a very long time. That's the type of stuff they need to actually make this diva revolution a success.

A good rule: listen and cater ONLY to who draws you money.

The late, great Gorilla Monsoon once said, "Wrestling is a business. And, if you're in business for any reason other than money, you're a fool."

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 04:04:36 PM »
My only problem with Cena is his clunkiness in the ring. He's just not smooth.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2015, 07:28:22 PM »

I imagine they will just leave him as a face, but I must admit I do like the John Cena sucks chants to his music.  ;D

due to expanding the diva brand 'e' show divas are as important as the men it seems...

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2015, 07:20:44 AM »
WWE is in a very hurting state right now whether people want to admit it or not. Their house show attendance figures are at an all time low (2,000-3,000 max crowds with 45% of the arena tarped off) as are the Raw and Smack down ratings. Right now, I get off more on watching Sasha Banks wrestle Paige because I know I will see a great match. What does that tell you? They need to look past Cena as he simply cannot fill his predacessors shoes. Plain and simple. You cannot create future stars based on mediocrity. Everyone thought Roman Reigns was the next thing and he turned out to be a dud. Ziggler is a phenomenal worker but the bottom line is people are not going to spend 100-200 bucks a ticket to watch a mid card performer. Same with Miz, same with Ambrose and don't even get me started on a New Day. Take the trumpet away from Woods and that faction is garbage beyond belief. Makes me wonder what will happen when Vince kicks the bucket. Punk was right on the money..."The idiotic daughter and dufus son in law will kill it."

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2015, 07:27:31 AM »
2 problems :

The first problem is that they try to start and end angles within the space of one month.   There are no long running feuds like there used to be.

The second problem is that they threw away squash matches.  The PPVs are now what you see on RAW anyway.  You already know the outcome.  The desire to see two stars go at it has been removed already.  I remember back when they could show career mid carders like Hercules and Dina Bravo scheduled for an opening match at a PPV.  You would actually look forward to see who was coming out on top because they would feed them jobbers to make them both look dominate for weeks before their match. 

The product nowdays sucks.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2015, 07:33:44 AM »
2 problems :

The first problem is that they try to start and end angles within the space of one month.   There are no long running feuds like there used to be.

The second problem is that they threw away squash matches.  The PPVs are now what you see on RAW anyway.  You already know the outcome.  The desire to see two stars go at it has been removed already.  I remember back when they could show career mid carders like Hercules and Dina Bravo scheduled for an opening match at a PPV.  You would actually look forward to see who was coming out on top because they would feed them jobbers to make them both look dominate for weeks before their match. 

The product nowdays sucks.
Good points...even Frankenstein killed a few villagers before losing clean.
I remember Hogan and Orndorff in 1986....a 6 month long feud that drew the most money in the eighties with sellouts all over north america.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 07:34:27 AM »
WWE is in a very hurting state right now whether people want to admit it or not. Their house show attendance figures are at an all time low (2,000-3,000 max crowds with 45% of the arena tarped off) as are the Raw and Smack down ratings. Right now, I get off more on watching Sasha Banks wrestle Paige because I know I will see a great match. What does that tell you? They need to look past Cena as he simply cannot fill his predacessors shoes. Plain and simple. You cannot create future stars based on mediocrity. Everyone thought Roman Reigns was the next thing and he turned out to be a dud. Ziggler is a phenomenal worker but the bottom line is people are not going to spend 100-200 bucks a ticket to watch a mid card performer. Same with Miz, same with Ambrose and don't even get me started on a New Day. Take the trumpet away from Woods and that faction is garbage beyond belief. Makes me wonder what will happen when Vince kicks the bucket. Punk was right on the money..."The idiotic daughter and dufus son in law will kill it."
GOOD POST...CENA GOES DOWN THEY HURT WORSE,,,THATS WHEN WHEN THEY PUSH THE MID CARDERS OR LOW LEVEL TALENT,,,

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 07:35:21 AM »
Good points...even Frankenstein killed a few villagers before losing clean.
I remember Hogan and Orndorff in 1986....a 6 month long feud that drew the most money in the eighties with sellouts all over north america.
SAME THING WITH PIPER KEEP GIVING HIM FEUDS TO SELL OUT...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 09:13:31 AM »
WWE is in a very hurting state right now whether people want to admit it or not. Their house show attendance figures are at an all time low (2,000-3,000 max crowds with 45% of the arena tarped off)

Damn, I didn't realize their house shows were doing this poorly.

To be fair, it's harder to get people out of the house, at night, these days, primarily because home entertainment has improved and the live experience has gotten worse: cost, idiots on cellphones, guys shooting up places etc.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »

To be fair, it's harder to get people out of the house, at night, these days, primarily because home entertainment has improved and the live experience has gotten worse: cost, idiots on cellphones, guys shooting up places etc.

Yes, that is a BIG part of the problem.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2015, 06:14:18 AM »

Yes, that is a BIG part of the problem.
That and this PG bullshit. They should go back to airing Raw at 10pm - 12pm (2hr shows) and go balls out like they did in the late 90's. I actually looked forward to watching Raw back then. Forget this "politically correct" / "kiddie" nonsense. If you can air shows like CSI with graphic images, then you can go back to the attitude era type of wrestling.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2015, 08:10:04 AM »

"WWE continues its ratings struggle this week after a poor pre-taped performance last week, and Memorial Day this Monday night. With the previous show bringing in the lowest rating of 2015, and the lowest non-holiday Raw of the "three hour era", many thought the numbers had nowhere to but up."

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2015, 09:29:11 AM »
"WWE continues its ratings struggle this week after a poor pre-taped performance last week, and Memorial Day this Monday night. With the previous show bringing in the lowest rating of 2015, and the lowest non-holiday Raw of the "three hour era", many thought the numbers had nowhere to but up."

When Raw started, back in the '90s, I had basic cable and no internet. Today, I have Verizon Fios with 1000 channels, in addition to Wifi. There's simply more variety. The major networks have been hemoragging viewers, as well.

The days of the casual viewer are over. We're in a world of niche programming. At this point, wrestling's audience is the smart marks. IMO, WWE's best days, both live and on TV are over.