Author Topic: Couple ideas and suggestions I have for wwe  (Read 147608 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Couple ideas and suggestions I have for wwe
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »
YES!

2 people... sort of .

Mr. Kennedy won it, then lost it to Edge, who cashed it in and won and Damian Sandow won it and lost when he tried to cash it in.

Don't forget Cena. He cashed the briefcase by giving CM Punk a week's notice. Big Show interfered and got Punk disqualified. Thus, Cena is the first guy to cash MITB but not win the title.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask it here:  why is everyone so big on Cesaro and demanding he be pushed? I don't dislike him, he's good but there is not much that really stands out for me. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2015, 04:37:55 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll ask it here:  why is everyone so big on Cesaro and demanding he be pushed? I don't dislike him, he's good but there is not much that really stands out for me. 

How does he rate against the current "competition?"

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »

He has a unique combo of strength, agility, size, and in ring talent.

That said, the reason he hasn't made it to the top of the card is that he lacks the personality of a top guy. He tries but it's just not there.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2015, 06:44:06 PM »

How does he rate against the current "competition?"

My favorites right now are Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt. Seth Rollins too for his in ring skills but not mic work.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
My favorites right now are Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt. Seth Rollins too for his in ring skills but not mic work.
Seth is fantastic.

I am a huge fan of Dolph Ziggler also... No one sells better.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »
Seth is fantastic.

I am a huge fan of Dolph Ziggler also... No one sells better.

I've noticed that too, actually IMO he sometimes sells a little too much, but that's being picky.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2015, 07:36:38 PM »
I've noticed that too, actually IMO he sometimes sells a little too much, but that's being picky.

I like the way he oversells sometimes.

I have to also admit, Rusev's facial expressions are great when he's supposed to be "loopy".

They make me laugh.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 02:25:16 PM »
His in ring work and skills are remarkable due to his experience overseas. Hes spent the bulk of his career wrestling in Europe and his training methods are unique. He is very powerful for a guy with smaller quality size and with a bit of promo work, I think he should have an IC title push and i'm not talking a lame 3 week title reign, i'm talking more like 6-8 months.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2015, 02:28:45 PM »
I like the way he oversells sometimes.

I have to also admit, Rusev's facial expressions are great when he's supposed to be "loopy".

They make me laugh.

Yes Rusev has great facial expressions. I also like his temper tantrums.

I know myself and others have mentioned the current announcers suck. One bright spot is Renee Young. I know she does mostly backstage interviews but she has a certain charisma and charm.  She does great on her wwe network show, I think it's called beyond the ring.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2015, 02:30:48 PM »
Yes Rusev has great facial expressions. I also like his temper tantrums.

I know myself and others have mentioned the current announcers suck. One bright spot is Renee Young. I know she does mostly backstage interviews but she has a certain charisma and charm.  She does great on her wwe network show, I think it's called beyond the ring.
Rusev is actually a really good mat technician. He's another one right now who seems to have no direction and as a wise person once said...."Blame creative, not the performer. The performer is only doing what he's told to do."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
Rusev is actually a really good mat technician. He's another one right now who seems to have no direction and as a wise person once said...."Blame creative, not the performer. The performer is only doing what he's told to do."

Performers today are not given enough creative latitude.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
I think wwe is packed with talent. It's just the story lines and creative team sucks. Not sure the problem but maybe they have too many chiefs not enough Indians backstage.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2015, 05:12:18 AM »
I think wwe is packed with talent. It's just the story lines and creative team sucks. Not sure the problem but maybe they have too many chiefs not enough Indians backstage.

The main problem is the length of the show. They could probably put on a quality hour and a half show every week, but, at three hours, there's gonna be lots of filler.

I understand that they make more in advertising with three hours, but, it might backfire, in the long run, as ratings continue to drop. You can also make a case that an overexposed television product makes the live shows less desirable.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2015, 05:57:03 AM »
The main problem is the length of the show. They could probably put on a quality hour and a half show every week, but, at three hours, there's gonna be lots of filler.

I understand that they make more in advertising with three hours, but, it might backfire, in the long run, as ratings continue to drop. You can also make a case that an overexposed television product makes the live shows less desirable.

I remember when Nitro went to three hours. Talk about fillers...

I saw the writing on the wall during an episode in which a camera crew was following around Kevin Nash while "looking" for a story line drunk Scott Hall in local bars.

This was during one of Hall's very public bouts of substance abuse problems. Ala Russo, they took a real life personal event and turned it into an angle in poor taste, which in turn treated fans to over an hour of recurring segments of looking at Nash's back as he wandered through local dives.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2015, 05:43:00 AM »

Performers today are not given enough creative latitude.
Scripted promos are what really annoy me. Wanna see a real promo? Google C.M.Punk Raw rant. That is how a promo is done IMO. Guys now are told what to say, how to act.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2015, 06:02:34 PM »
Historically low ratings for RAW this week. They can't put their heads in the sand about this:

WWE Raw rating for the September 28 edition

2015-09-29 16:17:11

Monday's WWE Raw scored a 2.33 rating, down from the 2.47 rating the show drew last week. Raw averaged 3.3 million viewers, down from the 3.349 million average from last week.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2015, 02:08:17 AM »
Historically low ratings for RAW this week. They can't put their heads in the sand about this:

WWE Raw rating for the September 28 edition

2015-09-29 16:17:11

Monday's WWE Raw scored a 2.33 rating, down from the 2.47 rating the show drew last week. Raw averaged 3.3 million viewers, down from the 3.349 million average from last week.

They're getting the ratings they deserve.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2015, 02:18:10 AM »

They're getting the ratings they deserve.

You mentioned Nitro, earlier. I heard Waltman say that Nitro going to three hours was the begnning of the end, and, that he told that to Triple H. I believe that eventually they're going to have to shorten the show, otherwise there won't be a show.

I'd say I watched a total of ten minutes, this week, and that was while the Football game was in commercials, and, the game wasn't even competitive.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »
You mentioned Nitro, earlier. I heard Waltman say that Nitro going to three hours was the begnning of the end, and, that he told that to Triple H. I believe that eventually they're going to have to shorten the show, otherwise there won't be a show.

I'd say I watched a total of ten minutes, this week, and that was while the Football game was in commercials, and, the game wasn't even competitive.

Definitely a length of show issue.

They have 2 options.

Either they decrease the show time or they increase some match times... maybe have a main event that is more than 15 minutes long?

You know... a REAL main event match... instead of just fucking talking all the damn time.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2015, 02:43:42 PM »

I remember when the shows were beating Monday night football in the ratings.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2015, 04:15:57 AM »

I remember when the shows were beating Monday night football in the ratings.
And that right there speaks volumes.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2015, 10:24:58 AM »
And that right there speaks volumes.

Football is bigger now then it was 20 years ago (almost) during the Monday night wars.

Now, we can offset the fact it's on ESPN and not ABC, but really, Cable and Satellite and Fiber is pretty much everywhere now.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »
Definitely a length of show issue.

They have 2 options.

Either they decrease the show time or they increase some match times... maybe have a main event that is more than 15 minutes long?

You know... a REAL main event match... instead of just fucking talking all the damn time.

imagine a 1 hr match like old days..like flair/steamboat/Harley race/bockwinkle..

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »
imagine a 1 hr match like old days..like flair/steamboat/Harley race/bockwinkle..

I'm happy with 30-35 on a RAW.

I wish they had a TV title and had them defend that at least once a week... That would be your main event EVERY week and could be awesome.

Fuck John Cena's US Open Blah blah.