Author Topic: the movie interstellar  (Read 7724 times)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: the movie interstellar
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »
Einstein's theory of relativity disproved by the temporal immutability of television programming. Take that!

Actually no, relativity calculations are crucial to the functioning of GPS.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 07:02:47 PM »
read previous post nothing is all wrong or all right , ask me a difficult question

Ok. Any idea where and why it all went south?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »
Actually:

I believe him , I felt the same way through my training life. I never took pictures because I was always hard on my self thinking I could do way better. I wish I had a picture of myself at 24 when I was ripped. I have so few pictures of my self when I was in my early 40's looking good. I was just so critical and hard on my self thinking wait till you really get it together. Now closing in on 60 I will never regain what I had and I wish at least I had some pictures. I have two pictures of me in decent shape with my shirt off for my whole life of training.

I see steroid junkies load up on pictures on cycle and they show people the pictures when they are off cycle looking like crap. One fat smooth guy was showing me a picture of him self all buffed out and I told him I don't need the picture you're right in front of me. He put his treasured picture back in his wallet and quickly changed topics.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 07:12:38 PM »
none of you operate gps satellights yet you argue like you know lol
 you arent even thinking the satellight has a mapping of earth by beaming waves mapping mountains ect it isnt struggiling with calculations  its taking pictures lol
Try n argue just a lil bit with all the bs you beleive
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
Ok. Any idea where and why it all went south?
cells in competition for dominance.  More dominance more resources very primal
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »
none of you operate gps satellights yet you argue like you know lol
 you arent even thinking the satellight has a mapping of earth by beaming waves mapping mountains ect it isnt struggiling with calculations  its taking pictures lol
Try n argue just a lil bit with all the bs you beleive

You can almost smell the meth in these posts...

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 07:18:40 PM »
You can almost smell the meth in these posts...
a satellite takes pictures and map out the fuc planet
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 07:26:58 PM »
rearead post

In other words

Time Dilation implies you do things faster or slower depending on how fast you are going. Which is wrong if it takes 100 hours to watch bates motel season on earth , this 100 hours is unchangeable no matter where you are or how fast you go

Physicists would have you beleive gravity effects time, which is wrong

Nothing can effect time. Nothing so far can make you gather the knowledge of 100 hours of bates motel in 50 hours. The only way to maybe do this is add to our info storing capabilites. Much like how dna stores info in a helix rather than a strait line...but going fast or high gravity does not increase our information gathering rate capabilities

I think your interjecting something that was not said. The original post only said each person watched the Bates Motel 100 times, not 100 hours. It does not address how long the interstellar traveler was in space verses how long it took the person on earth to watch it 100 times. Frankly, the statement is irrelevant because it is speaking to number of times watched and not time to watch.

It is the same as saying if Johnny watched The Bates Motel 100 times and Jimmy who lives across the street also watches it 100 times, Johnny will finish watching it before Jimmy will. This is of course true if Johnny watched it back to back a 100 times and Jimmy watched a season each day for a 100 days

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 07:30:20 PM »
Scientifically the entire movie was utter bullshit - plus the movie was pretty bad too.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »
I think your interjecting something that was not said. The original post only said each person watched the Bates Motel 100 times, not 100 hours. It does not address how long the interstellar traveler was in space verses how long it took the person on earth to watch it 100 times. Frankly, the statement is irrelevant because it is speaking to number of times watched and not time to watch.

It is the same as saying if Johnny watched The Bates Motel 100 times and Jimmy who lives across the street also watches it 100 times, Johnny will finish watching it before Jimmy will. This is of course true if Johnny watched it back to back a 100 times and Jimmy watched an episode each day for a 100 days
i said 100hours

The oither post was an entirely different ex
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 07:35:12 PM »
Scientifically the entire movie was utter bullshit - plus the movie was pretty bad too.

This type of movie is called science fiction for a reason. It doesn't have to be factual, just entertaining. It helps of course to have enough real science in a science fiction movie to make it at least seem possible.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 07:40:40 PM »
This type of movie is called science fiction for a reason. It doesn't have to be factual, just entertaining. It helps of course to have enough real science in a science fiction movie to make it at least seem possible.
this was a good thread until you derailed it
A

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 07:42:26 PM »
It doesn't have to be factual, just entertaining.

It was off so much that it was ridiculous and annoying, not entertaining. Sure gravity can make you age faster but had they gone to an actual planet that aged them that quickly, they would've been crushed into a flat pancake in a microsecond.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 07:45:58 PM »
It was off so much that it was ridiculous and annoying, not entertaining. Sure gravity can make you age faster but had they gone to an actual planet that aged them that quickly, they would've been crushed into a flat pancake in a microsecond.
gravity doesnt make time go faster or slower compared to someone on earth

Gravity is the sum of many forces
But time is many many  many many man-why forces
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2015, 07:49:41 PM »

Neal Degrasse Tyson said the movie pretty much got it all right.
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »
i said 100hours

The oither post was an entirely different ex

Actually you said both each in different posts. You don't get to have it both ways. One is simply not the same as the other.

if two people watch entire season of bates motel 100 times each, one on earth and one travelling"interstellar" speeds , time dilation incorrrectly states when the interstellar person arrives back to earth, that the earth person will have finished watching bates 100 times
long before the the interstellar travelar.

Think about it

rearead post

In other words

Time Dilation implies you do things faster or slower depending on how fast you are going. Which is wrong if it takes 100 hours to watch bates motel season on earth , this 100 hours is unchangeable no matter where you are or how fast you go

Physicists would have you beleive gravity effects time, which is wrong

Nothing can effect time. Nothing so far can make you gather the knowledge of 100 hours of bates motel in 50 hours. The only way to maybe do this is add to our info storing capabilites. Much like how dna stores info in a helix rather than a strait line...but going fast or high gravity does not increase our information gathering rate capabilities

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »
Neal Degrasse Tyson said the movie pretty much got it all right.
haha sf your quoting this guy that guy and the other guy, well done guess that makes you the authority on this matter? Typical sheep
I bet even you are smart enough to logically dismember the crap that you are forced to beleive
A

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »
I'm shocked, shocked I say- at the lack of bodybuilding related stuff in this thread. I'll remedy this nonsense.
a

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2015, 07:56:46 PM »
read previous post nothing is all wrong or all right , ask me a difficult question

Time  is a number scale to measure change or no change

I think time dilation could be possible but not by going fast in a rocket

Its certainly not logically possible by going fast

Maybe this have the right answer(if you're lazy to watch whole clip, it starts at 6.45):

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2015, 07:57:16 PM »
Actually you said both each in different posts. You don't get to have it both ways. One is simply not the same as the other.

i gave two examples, two different posts
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »
Time dilation:

Maybe this have the right answer:

sheep videos nice people nice vid leading you into the slaughter

Dont even dare challeng the status quo
A

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 08:02:12 PM »

Where in the movie did they imply gravity made them age faster?

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2015, 08:05:41 PM »
sheep videos nice people nice vid leading you into the slaughter

Dont even dare challeng the status quo
I suspect you haven't watch the whole clip?? experiment start at 6.45..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »
i gave two examples, two different posts

Two conflicting examples in separate posts. That's what you gave. You're talking out of both sides of you mouth.

You said nothing is all this or all that and while that's true, in this case it seems to be a bit of a copout on your part. At some point you end up seeming muddled and confused. Take one position and explore that completely rather then argue two topics/positions at once.

To some, it appears you rewrote your original post because it simply doesn't support what you were hoping to say. If no one had a memory and you'd deleted the first post, your shenanigan might have succeeded.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »
Where in the movie did they imply gravity made them age faster?

Did you watch the movie? They went to a planet and they had to make the visit really quick because every hour they spent there was the same as 10 years on earth - or something stupid like that. That's why the main character's daughter was an old lady when he got back.