Author Topic: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.  (Read 107138 times)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: tbombz facebook post from today & free religious sermon by MOS!
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2015, 10:33:48 PM »
"These antiques are clearly antiquated!"

:o

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2015, 10:35:21 PM »
Someone has been masturbating to Richard Dawkins.

Jesus, get over yourself...  ::)

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2015, 10:39:36 PM »
I think we can all agree that out of all those things he could have stopped by didn't, this is the most serious one!

If the conversation gets more heated, I think I'll move over to the Religious board. Don't want to detract from questions about blasting quads and getting shredded intercostals.

:)

You're obviously another smart individual,  surprisingly among many in this thread, asking hard hitting questions and making valid points.

That said, besides genetics why wasn't Lee Priest 4 inches taller, he could have won at least 2 Olympias!

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: tbombz facebook post from today
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:24 PM »
Jesus Christ, are you 12 years old?

Debate 101, you don't attack your opponent based on your "rad" opinion.

Step 2, don't throw out pseudo science power vocab like "The bible is quite clearly an antiquated and contradictory piece of fantasy, written by fools, which at best is used to give the illiterate, brainwashed and desperate a poor understanding of the universe"

Captain Freedom makes a legit point, although he does it aggressively here, in that many times people have used religion and  "Biblical doctrine" to enslave or coerce other's into a submission. 

Jesus specifically warned His followers to watch out for false prophets, those who prey on widows  and to beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.

Religion, under the guise of Christianity (or Islam as well) has been an effective tool over the years to push non Christ centered agendas.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2015, 12:16:40 AM »
This proves my theory that religious folk have an IQ less than 80.

Hope this helps.
P

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2015, 06:15:18 AM »
My normal answer would be to save the apologetics for someone whose IQ is below that of dinosaur fossils. But let's have some fun, shall we?

"Let's have some fun, shall we?"  ::)  Seriously? Give me a break with the "superior intellect" nonsense.  

You only pretend at times to be pleasant and cordial.  You also claim to want "real discussion", but you care nothing about discussion or responses....you just love your objections.  

Well sir, you can keep them and feel free to take the cliche "haughty atheist" shtick with you also.

I've taken time in the past to write out thorough responses for you, but notice today I keep my responses to you (in particular) as brief as possible.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2015, 06:20:21 AM »
"Let's have some fun, shall we?"  ::)  Seriously? Give me a break with the "superior intellect" nonsense.  

You only pretend at times to be pleasant and cordial.  You also claim to want "real discussion", but you care nothing about discussion or responses....you just love your objections.  

Well sir, you can keep them and feel free to take the cliche "haughty atheist" shtick with you also.

I've taken time in the past to write out thorough responses for you, but notice today I keep my responses to you (in particular) as brief as possible.

tl;dr

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2015, 06:25:21 AM »
Hey MOS, do you sing in the choir?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2015, 06:28:39 AM »
Hey MOS, do you sing in the choir?

No, terrible singing voice....no joyful noise there LOL.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »
Fairly sure, we as Christians are not supposed to jump in and start judging and condemning other people, that's up to God. Something about cleaning out the spec in one's eye beforehand.

That is what Tbombz does now. He has found God, so he has it all figured out. He can tell us that, according to the bible, we are sinning if we do certain actions. That we need to change.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2015, 07:26:37 AM »

Hate to burst your bubble, but that haughty attitude also exists among theists, just as much as it does among atheists. Hope this helps
X

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2015, 07:32:44 AM »
Okay, so dumping is probably not the best way to put it. But when you ask for forgiveness and believe you've been forgiven just for the asking, there's some transfer of responsibility going on. Most people know people who sin, ask for forgiveness and then go right back and sin all over again. Could that be because they believe their sins have been completely absolved, perhaps because they preformed and act of contrition?

Sometimes living with the knowledge of your past sins helps you to not repeat them. There are many different concepts of what folks believe is a sin. What's a sin to me may not be one to you and vice versa.

In my opinion, "the whole cross thing" was about the politics going on at that time.

They are aptly called mistakes, no such thing as sin.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2015, 08:22:56 AM »

Let's be very clear: you don't keep your answers brief because you're sick of debating me or have a problem with the "haughty atheist" or the "superior intellect" "schticks."

You keep them brief because you've seen, time and time again, that I carefully respond to your posts, dissecting your "arguments" and showing just how weak and flawed they are. Keeping them brief is your attempt to hide behind your finger.

You can believe whatever you want - for any reasons you want. But your belief is little different than the belief of someone else who believes in a slightly different version of the Christian God, or even to someone who believes in Allah, the Olympians or fairies. It boils down to: "believing this makes me feel better, so I will."

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2015, 09:06:55 AM »
I have always noted the difference in whether one's faith is "child-like" or "childish".

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2015, 09:28:16 AM »

Calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »
They are aptly called mistakes, no such thing as sin.

This is possible. Is it still just a mistake if you knowingly do something wrong? A lot of folks use the term mistake as an excuse to not take responsibility for their actions.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
Luke 6:22

22 Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man.

" He shall don the suit of the bunny and be humble as bottom." Gospel of TBombz 69:69

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »
" He shall don the suit of the bunny and be humble as bottom." Gospel of TBombz 69:69

LMAO!!!  ;D ;D ;D

The picture of Tbombz in the bunny costume is by far the best picture ever posted on getbig. Nothing beats it. Not even the picture of pumpster on the bed with the cat or squadfather being outted. The bunny costume exceeds everything!
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2015, 11:24:06 AM »
LMAO!!!  ;D ;D ;D

The picture of Tbombz in the bunny costume is by far the best picture ever posted on getbig. Nothing beats it. Not even the picture of pumpster on the bed with the cat or squadfather being outted. The bunny costume exceeds everything!

" He shall not hop away from the large carrot of lust."  Gospel of Tbombz 69:14

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2015, 11:51:13 AM »
This is possible. Is it still just a mistake if you knowingly do something wrong? A lot of folks use the term mistake as an excuse to not take responsibility for their actions.

I was using mistake in the context of doing something wrong, intention is certainly important, however, I disagree with many "sins" as they are biologically based not cognitive.

the word sin gets me.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2015, 12:14:53 PM »
Let's be very clear: you don't keep your answers brief because you're sick of debating me or have a problem with the "haughty atheist" or the "superior intellect" "schticks."

You keep them brief because you've seen, time and time again, that I carefully respond to your posts, dissecting your "arguments" and showing just how weak and flawed they are. Keeping them brief is your attempt to hide behind your finger.

You can believe whatever you want - for any reasons you want. But your belief is little different than the belief of someone else who believes in a slightly different version of the Christian God, or even to someone who believes in Allah, the Olympians or fairies. It boils down to: "believing this makes me feel better, so I will."

Oh PLEASE....that is absolute nonsense.  I take time to craft answers as best I'm able...I've done it for years now....for you and many, many others.  

With some folks it gets to the point in which I've answered their objections repeatedly yet they keep spewing them out again and again in slightly different variations.  Fine, you don't agree with me....I get it.

How many times do I need to repeat things?  So for some I just start one lining things or keep answers to a couple of words.  For most it's real simple....respond with a few words (which is preferred) it's ALWAYS deemed an insufficient reply.  Respond with a thorough reply and it goes unread or gets a "meltdown" or "TL;DR".  

What I realized is that you and a few others are not after "an answer" because you've already figured it all out.  You think you're just toying with lesser minds now.  

Even if I answer you thoroughly and correctly you'll just go to the ole "I'm still waiting for a cogent reply" crutch or you'll respond with a five word jab about "lesser intellects" (whatever it is).  

It's a silly game....took me a bit to learn it though.  I blame only myself for giving so many the benefit of the doubt for so long.

Still for a time there I thought that there was a decent line of communication, but I was wrong...I admit that.  

It's not that you don't ask good questions or questions that require thoughtful consideration.  You do.  But you're not always correct in your theological assumptions....I've corrected you repeatedly and I've also told you that sometimes you give me things to think about (and I do).  Yet I fully admit I don't have all the answers.....never will.  

Regardless, it's the haughty atheists job to never admit to a theist that the atheist position was wrong (there's no such thing LOL) or that the theist was correct (there's REALLY no such thing).   That notion doesn't comport with your worldview and it never will.....that's why it's a suckers game.....I was the sucker and I admit that.  Still, it wasn't all for naught, but that's only for me.

It's fine if a person prefers to "line by line" things.  Hate to burst your bubble, but you're not the only one that does that.  And I'm not suggesting I respond to or even see every post....I'm sure I miss stuff.  That's doesn't mean I can't respond to those things though or that I'm running away.  I've repeatedly don't 8 versus 1 in threads and held my own.  Then there are times when I'm just tired and need a break from the back and forth....I'm sure things get missed then.

Yet, I still admit that I won't always have a sufficient answer, but that doesn't negate my faith or God or "religion"....yada yada.  Problem is with this game any answer is automatically "insufficient" because in this game "answers" aren't the point....making the theist look foolish is the object.

That's why I don't respond to you at length anymore.  Still if you feel good thinking you've taken me down....I'm a-ok with that....it was just a silly game.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2015, 12:32:02 PM »
Oh PLEASE....that is absolute nonsense.  I take time to craft answers as best I'm able...I've done it for years now....for you and many, many others.  

With some folks it gets to the point in which I've answered their objections repeatedly yet they keep spewing them out again and again in slightly different variations.  Fine, you don't agree with me....I get it.

How many times do I need to repeat things?  So for some I just start one lining things or keep answers to a couple of words.  For most it's real simple....respond with a few words (which is preferred) it's ALWAYS deemed an insufficient reply.  Respond with a thorough reply and it goes unread or gets a "meltdown" or "TL;DR".  

What I realized is that you and a few others are not after "an answer" because you've already figured it all out.  You think you're just toying with lesser minds now.  

Even if I answer you thoroughly and correctly you'll just go to the ole "I'm still waiting for a cogent reply" crutch or you'll respond with a five word jab about "lesser intellects" (whatever it is).  

It's a silly game....took me a bit to learn it though.  I blame only myself for giving so many the benefit of the doubt for so long.

Still for a time there I thought that there was a decent line of communication, but I was wrong...I admit that.  

It's not that you don't ask good questions or questions that require thoughtful consideration.  You do.  But you're not always correct in your theological assumptions....I've corrected you repeatedly and I've also told you that sometimes you give me things to think about (and I do).  Yet I fully admit I don't have all the answers.....never will.  

Regardless, it's the haughty atheists job to never admit to a theist that the atheist position was wrong (there's no such thing LOL) or that the theist was correct (there's REALLY no such thing).   That notion doesn't comport with your worldview and it never will.....that's why it's a suckers game.....I was the sucker and I admit that.  Still, it wasn't all for naught, but that's only for me.

It's fine if a person prefers to "line by line" things.  Hate to burst your bubble, but you're not the only one that does that.  And I'm not suggesting I respond to or even see every post....I'm sure I miss stuff.  That's doesn't mean I can't respond to those things though or that I'm running away.  I've repeatedly don't 8 versus 1 in threads and held my own.  Then there are times when I'm just tired and need a break from the back and forth....I'm sure things get missed then.

Yet, I still admit that I won't always have a sufficient answer, but that doesn't negate my faith or God or "religion"....yada yada.  Problem is with this game any answer is automatically "insufficient" because in this game "answers" aren't the point....making the theist look foolish is the object.

That's why I don't respond to you at length anymore.  Still if you feel good thinking you've taken me down....I'm a-ok with that.

As a bystander in some of these threads I would say that what MOS says here is correct and he has more patience then I do in responding to a lot of the obvious attacks. His answers are well thought out and isn't afraid to say he doesn't have all the answers (no one does). MOS=good guy in my book.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »

That's why I don't respond to you at length anymore.  Still if you feel good thinking you've taken me down....I'm a-ok with that....it was just a silly game.

You mean the haughty theist that says, "I dont care what evidence you show me, I know a God exists." That one? Or were you referring to the other theists that always honestly examine the evidence? Oh wait, those are few and far between.

I have never ever met a hardcore theist who will actually says, "A God may not exist." They are absolutely certain that a God does exist, no matter what evidence you show them. And who is "haughty?" Tbombz believes the earth is 6000 years old, despite the fact that there is a HUGE general consensus that its billions of years older. Its pretty much not even debatable. The earth is demonstrably older than 6000 years old. Yet, tbombz thinks this is false, like so many other theists. This is haughty!

No answer is sufficient because most of your answers are just verses from the bible. Even when you watch debates between atheists vs. theists, the theist hardly every cites scripture verbatim. Its just not a good way to debate. Why should we think that to be a sufficient answer?
X

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »
As a bystander in some of these threads I would say that what MOS says here is correct and he has more patience then I do in responding to a lot of the obvious attacks. His answers are well thought out and isn't afraid to say he doesn't have all the answers (no one does). MOS=good guy in my book.

I agree that he has patience and takes time to answer. I don't think I've attacked him (although I think I may have once gotten frustrated and used a pejorative or two) and I try to make my posts thoughtful and to answer the points he does make. I also don't doubt that his beliefs are sincerely held and that he's genuine and honest. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to challenge those beliefs in the context of a discussion in which he voluntarily partcipates.