Author Topic: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.  (Read 107178 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: tbombz facebook post from today & free religious sermon by MOS!
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2015, 03:29:11 PM »

No..  I am open to suggestions tho

I would prefer one that was scripturally based.

Using a handle that is a reference to gear certainly does not glorify God.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2015, 05:09:35 PM »
i didnt even remember that "tbombz" was a reference to gear..

i'll pray about it..

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2015, 05:24:01 PM »

i'll pray about it..

TBombz , this is GOD, change your getbig ID to BBombz, in honor of the sacred bunny . ;)

*Sorry T, but I couldn't resist. :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »
The seminary is Baptist, but I am not a Baptist. I am more of a reformed/orthodox kind of guy.

But, I dont like getting to caught up in denominational strife.. Christian is Christian is Christian.  :)

Bunny Suit Avenger of God!  ;D ;D
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »

i'll pray about it..

How about something like "mathetes"? English word/transliteration for the greek term for disciple.

Or the hebrew tetragrammaton "YHWH" for Jehovah or Yahweh.

Or perhaps something like "Uriam"....U R I AM.....you are, I am

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2015, 05:46:21 PM »
How about something like "mathetes"? English word/transliteration for the greek term for disciple.

I think my name was much better!! >:( >:(
X

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2015, 07:03:05 PM »

Logging  in  into  Getbig is a SIN  , I  hope this helps.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2015, 07:16:21 PM »

i'll pray about it..

By pumping yourself full of muscle enhancing drugs in the pursuit of vanity you were in direct opposition to what the Lord wanted for your life.

Solomon explains this very clearly in The Book of Ecclesiastes.

Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.. - Ecclesiastes 2:11

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #358 on: June 03, 2015, 07:38:07 PM »
I think my name was much better!! >:( >:(

Sf1900 is the Richard Dawkins of getbig.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #359 on: June 03, 2015, 07:40:23 PM »
Sf1900 is the Richard Dawkins of getbig.

I am not a big Richard Dawkins fan. I prefer to read or listen to Sam Harris speak.
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #360 on: June 04, 2015, 12:57:52 AM »

i'll pray about it..

I will pray for you, Tay-Tay.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2015, 01:09:25 AM »

How about: AidsBunny?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2015, 01:31:35 AM »
How deep tbombz' bunny hole goes:

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2015, 02:02:52 AM »

DeepJesusMassage

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2015, 04:16:19 AM »
First off, I'm not against white people in the manner most think.  This is something put on me.  I told the truth about us being Hebrews and some take it as a superiority thing.  No, not superior.  CHOSEN as the Bible states.  Next, I hate the sin, not the sinner.  T-Bombz is making an effort to change and follow in the ways The Most High wants him to.  He's been through alot and sometimes, that's what it takes for some to awaken. I applaud him and will help him in his walk with Christ in any way I can.  That goes for any of you. :)

The bible is a work of fiction, like other books with talking snakes, zombies etc.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2015, 04:23:23 AM »
The bible is a work of fiction, like other books with talking snakes, zombies etc.

Seriously, don't waste your time. People like Wiggs have been infected with a virus of the mind. They are so dumb, they will believe pretty much anything. e.g. Wiggs believed that a huge planet was heading our way to annihilate us. It didn't happen, so now he is revising its trajectory.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: June 04, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »
Seriously, don't waste your time. People like Wiggs have been infected with a virus of the mind. They are so dumb, they will believe pretty much anything. e.g. Wiggs believed that a huge planet was heading our way to annihilate us. It didn't happen, so now he is revising its trajectory.

It's frustrating because everything we have ever accomplished or "know" as a species is via logic and things making sense. These people come along and want to discard sense and reason, meanwhile they operate in daily life in a logical manner.

The concepts and ideas in the book can never be falsified, why would god go through the trouble only to leave such an incomplete (more knowledge is contained in a phonebook) record, to a specific group of people, millions of years after watching in heaven with his arms folded in indifference. Actually goes through the trouble of sending himself to earth, performing miraculous acts like walking on water etc and this book is what we are left with?

meanwhile, god is omnipotent and omniscient yet needed a mulligan twice on earth, failed to convince people with miracles etc, even though he knew it wouldn't (he knows the future), so he sacrifices himself? This self sacrifice serves as a loop hole for terrible shit? He knew what would happen, sends himself to be killed to redeem his creation, makes lots of sense. It's not even a fucking sacrifice, the guy knew he would be going to heaven. What a fucking guy huh.

He sounded like a moron in the first book, then less so in the second but still a raging moron.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: June 04, 2015, 11:14:26 AM »
It's frustrating because everything we have ever accomplished or "know" as a species is via logic and things making sense. These people come along and want to discard sense and reason, meanwhile they operate in daily life in a logical manner.

The concepts and ideas in the book can never be falsified, why would god go through the trouble only to leave such an incomplete (more knowledge is contained in a phonebook) record, to a specific group of people, millions of years after watching in heaven with his arms folded in indifference. Actually goes through the trouble of sending himself to earth, performing miraculous acts like walking on water etc and this book is what we are left with?

meanwhile, god is omnipotent and omniscient yet needed a mulligan twice on earth, failed to convince people with miracles etc, even though he knew it wouldn't (he knows the future), so he sacrifices himself? This self sacrifice serves as a loop hole for terrible shit? He knew what would happen, sends himself to be killed to redeem his creation, makes lots of sense. It's not even a fucking sacrifice, the guy knew he would be going to heaven. What a fucking guy huh.

He sounded like a moron in the first book, then less so in the second but still a raging moron.

Someone hasn't been reading his bible.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #368 on: June 04, 2015, 11:33:14 AM »

Because just as you have shown, human beings are a very hard to convince lot.
Finding reasons "Why to do things"---justifications for their actions, and many times not finding reasons "why not to do things".

We are a very stubborn lot, wouldn't you say? A flood can't even fix it. I say, God is going to really have to do something to get our attention "next time".

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: June 04, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »

Logic itself is transcendent and grounded in the nature of God.  Whether or not our minds exist logical absolutes hold true.  Logical absolutes are not contingent upon naturalism, humanity, space or time.  Logic is a process of our brains, but the logical absolutes that ground it are not.

The concepts and ideas in the book can never be falsified, why would god go through the trouble only to leave such an incomplete (more knowledge is contained in a phonebook) record, to a specific group of people, millions of years after watching in heaven with his arms folded in indifference.

To preserve the record written across approx 1500 years by many authors in 66 different books that work together cohesively.  The bible was written in Hebrew which is a derivative of ancient chaldean, Aramaic which is a sister language of Arabic and Koine Greek.   All are dead languages and are unchanged to this day.   With our technology today and constantly evolving language we can distort, fabricate and manipulate virtually every common media known to man today.   That’s why the ancient greek manuscripts of the NT and the ancient manuscripts for the OT (ex: Septuagint) are so important.   We have the fields of linguistics and textual criticism devoted to understanding and preserving the words in the their purest, correct forms today.  

The fact that this “bronze age sheepherder” book is difficult to falsify is telling to me.    Although, the term “falsification” is typically aligned with the scientific methods of naturalism.  And we’re talking about a book of historical and theological materials that discusses the supernatural God……a mix of different worldviews there.   Can’t bottle God in a test tube or beaker.  He wouldn’t be God if we could.

Actually goes through the trouble of sending himself to earth, performing miraculous acts like walking on water etc and this book is what we are left with?

Today we are left with something more precious than every person in the OT and most in the NT never had.   That’s the actual indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit within believers today.   This personal revelation of God is something OT Israelites, Pharisees and Sadducces of the Sanhedrin and most NT figures (aside from Christ’s apostles) never experienced.   Even with Christ on earth as the incarnate son of God people still refused to believe his miracles and teachings.  They occurred before throngs  and many simply denied them.  Why would today be any different?   Especially with all of the technology we have today that can manipulate and replicate so many genuine things into something seemingly dishonest.

Christ was crucified and rose and only after he appeared to his apostle Thomas did Thomas belief despite the word from his constituents.  Although, when the Holy Spirit filled these men and women at Pentecost did they go forward preaching the gospel at a fevered pace and willing gave up their lives in the process.  

meanwhile, god is omnipotent and omniscient yet needed a mulligan twice on earth

As soon as you put the word “needed” with God the statement was incorrect.  God needs for nothing.  The “mulligan” (as you put it) was because of the error of people, not God.  God brought a reprobate world into judgment.   Not a happy world of charity workers and Pinterest loving soccer moms….a reprobate world.   A world full of vile, evil, depraved people committing the worst acts imaginable to each other.  

I've never understood why people today are so sympathetic to the reprobate folks in scripture   When we see examples of depraved people today most folks want them dealt with swiftly and permanently.  Most want them immediately hospitalized, jailed, executed or all of the above.....and this is only a tiny fraction of people.....not the entire world.

, failed to convince people with miracles etc,

People have very hard hearts.  Shows you that the even the best possible proof is rejected even when it’s provided right in front of people repeatedly.   Why is it people would respond differently today?

even though he knew it wouldn't (he knows the future), so he sacrifices himself?

Ok, so he has foreknowledge of events.  Doesn’t mean his will for our lives is pre-executed thereby negating our choices….only Calvinists belief that way.  

He didn’t sacrifice himself for himself…..he did so for you and me.   The OT Israelites couldn’t meet God’s standards despite their best efforts and God’s provision.   Everything in the bible points to people’s need for Jesus Christ.  A perfect, divine sacrifice was required on our behalf so that we could be made righteous and come into fellowship with God.  

This self sacrifice serves as a loop hole for terrible shit?

This only appears the case for those that remain steeped in their sin.   For those redeemed by God this “loophole” notion simply isn’t there.   Believers in Christ have turned completely from their sin and desire to live without it in our lives….that’s the goal.  

He knew what would happen, sends himself to be killed to redeem his creation, makes lots of sense.

See above.  Makes perfect sense if you allow for the God’s divine, righteous, holy nature to be exactly what it is.   We could traverse the entire universe and that distance still wouldn’t close the gap between us and God…..only Jesus Christ can bridge that for us.  That’s why he came.

It's not even a fucking sacrifice, the guy knew he would be going to heaven. What a fucking guy huh.

One of the worst acts of torture conceived of and known by man at that time was undertaken by a man who was fully without blame and unworthy of such a penalty, but did so willingly on our behalf and that is not a sacrifice?  In fact, the modern word "excruciating" is rooted in the Latin word "excruciare" that sources from the Latin "cruciare" which means "to crucify".  The Romans were highly proficient in torture and death and adopted and perfected the ancient practice of crucifixion from Persia (if I remember correctly). Jesus Christ rose in death to show that once and for all he is God.    He did all of this so that we could be aligned with the infinite, holy, righteous God.

The first book is Genesis, the second is Exodus.   There are 66 inspired books in the bible written over 1500 years.     Was that what you meant?  Or did you mean testaments…as in the new and old?   Where did God sound like a moron?

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #370 on: June 04, 2015, 12:09:38 PM »
Like I said, they will believe anything. Seriously, leave the loons to their idiotic beliefs, it is a waste of time.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2015, 12:24:02 PM »
Like I said, they will believe anything. Seriously, leave the loons to their idiotic beliefs, it is a waste of time.

Agreed. No matter what you tell theists, they will continue to believe. It does not matter what evidence you show them. They have their "faith."

Hell, many of them actually believe the earth is 6000 years old. There is a ton of evidence that says the earth is MUCH older. I believe close to 4 billion years old lol.

Yet, the bible says 6000 years old, therefore ALL of the science is wrong. Crazy. How can you be so brainwashed that you ignore the overwhelming evidence that the earth is much older than 6000 years old. Ive even met some die hard religious people who think its ridiculous that the earth is only 6000 years old.

I guess let them have their "toy."

MOS is still a cool guy and all.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2015, 12:31:26 PM »
Agreed. No matter what you tell theists, they will continue to believe. It does not matter what evidence you show them. They have their "faith."

Hell, many of them actually believe the earth is 6000 years old. There is a ton of evidence that says the earth is MUCH older. I believe close to 4 billion years old lol.

Yet, the bible says 6000 years old, therefore ALL of the science is wrong. Crazy. How can you be so brainwashed that you ignore the overwhelming evidence that the earth is much older than 6000 years old. Ive even met some die hard religious people who think its ridiculous that the earth is only 6000 years old.

I guess let them have their "toy."

MOS is still a cool guy and all.

I'm curious.  Where in the bible does it say the earth is 6000 years old? 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2015, 01:13:12 PM »
As soon as you put the word “needed” with God the statement was incorrect.  God needs for nothing.  The “mulligan” (as you put it) was because of the error of people, not God.  God brought a reprobate world into judgment.   Not a happy world of charity workers and Pinterest loving soccer moms….a reprobate world.   A world full of vile, evil, depraved people committing the worst acts imaginable to each other.

Remember, these "vile, evil, depraved people committing the worst acts imaginable to each other" are the ones that, if you are to believe in the Christian myth, your own God created despite knowing fully that they were "vile, evil [and] depraved" and would commit "the worst acts imaginable." You can't provide a single, coherent answer as to why he would do this. You stammer out some nonsense about he has a plan and he wants everyone to be all lovey-dovey and in communion with him.

So having created "vile, evil [and] depraved" people according to plan he goes on to set a standard of perfection that by his own admission noone can meet, and punishes thoses who fail to achieve that impossible perfection. You can't provide a single coherent answer as to why he would do this either. Instead  you stammer out some nonsense about how he loves so much that he's willing to pay the price for our shortfall on our behalf.

But who is demanding and collecting that price? The answer is your God. He decrees that "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23) and pays that price, by sacrificing himself (via his "son") to himself, to appease a penalty that he himself demands. You can't provide a single coherent answer as to why this insane loop is required and why he won't just forgive people outright without the need for all this other stuff. Instead of you stammer out some nonsense that God is sovereign and can't be judged by us.

BULLSHIT.

The God of the Bible is irrational, irritable and insecure. He is deeply flawed and very human, behaving like a thug and a bully. That God deserves neither fealty nor worship.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #374 on: June 04, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »