Author Topic: Periodization  (Read 4163 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Periodization
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:42:02 PM »
Can getbiggers chime in to help me understand periodzation. Specifically the deload phase. Thanks.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Periodization
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 06:43:03 PM »
It's important to remember that the guy is the one with the cock.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »
It's about your 3rep max on compound lifts
w

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:53:08 PM »
Can getbiggers chime in to help me understand periodzation. Specifically the deload phase. Thanks.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 06:54:13 PM »
Usually comes down to breaking the training cycle up into blocks where depending on the block you're in you push certain traits while maintaining others. Compared to trying to train all traits at once for example.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 06:54:31 PM »
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »
Every fourth week drop the percentages raise the reps and change the movements. But realistically there's more than one way to skin a cat.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 08:44:01 PM »
So if I see you're cranky and using this program, I could say "what's the matter, are you on your PERIOD???" OHhahahah...
?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »
So if I see you're cranky and using this program, I could say "what's the matter, are you on your PERIOD???" OHhahahah...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 08:56:44 PM »

Bahhahahaha!!!
So timely and quick, would enter pic of mind being blown, but don't know how to post pics.
?

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 09:01:22 PM »
Don't really think most need a pre-planned deload phase, if you're feeling abnormally beaten down and fried nothing wrong with taking an extra day off or going a bit lighter for a session or two but a full week+ of deloading should be left for the guys coming off of comps.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 09:05:31 PM »
Don't really think most need a pre-planned deload phase, if you're feeling abnormally beaten down and fried nothing wrong with taking an extra day off or going a bit lighter for a session or two but a full week+ of deloading should be left for the guys coming off of comps.

I'm actually coming to realize this now. I just lose too much in a week off. Going too hard creates too much soreness not recovered by the next week.
?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 09:09:57 PM »
My favorite way is to keep the weights the same but half the volume every 4th week

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 11:35:25 PM »
Forget those schemes, just listen to the signals of your body. When you're capable you go hard, else you lower the intensity.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
Lots of science and results behind actual tried, true and proven methodologies, most bodybuilders seem to be way to random with their training. Randomly deciding what muscle groups to train when they arrive at the gym, randomly switching out exercises before they actually have time to make any training effect, etc probably why most intermediate types wont progress well on this sort of training and the ideal demograph would be newbies and drug pigs.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 11:40:40 AM »
Once a month the female will bleed out her eggs.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 12:37:01 PM »
Lots of science and results behind actual tried, true and proven methodologies, most bodybuilders seem to be way to random with their training. Randomly deciding what muscle groups to train when they arrive at the gym, randomly switching out exercises before they actually have time to make any training effect, etc probably why most intermediate types wont progress well on this sort of training and the ideal demograph would be newbies and drug pigs.

I agree with this. Way after the newbie gains wore off, I saw the most improvement tracking my lifts and using progressive overload instead of winging it and looking for a pump or doing exercises that feel good.