Author Topic: Chicago law professor on Obama..  (Read 2339 times)

bears

• Getbig IV
Re: Chicago law professor on Obama..
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 12:57:41 PM »
All Im saying is that he did what he was elected to do..end of story

I will give you that.  as much as it pains me I agree with you.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 01:53:20 PM »
I will give you that.  as much as it pains me I agree with you.

Thats great...I've gained a lot of respect for you...good job...now we can be friends :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 08:41:32 PM »
All Im saying is that he did what he was elected to do..end of story

So who should we blame? You for voting him or Obama himself? We warned you long before he was elected what would happen and sure as shit it's happened 10 fold. You can dispute the wars all you want but the fact remains is it was a bipartisan vote and Bush asked for approval before going in unlike Obama making shit on the fly and doing as he pleases. You're right, we pulled out of Iraq and look what happened. Exactly what Bush predicted would happen. Releasing detainees from Gitmo only to do what we thought they would do. Go back and kill more of our troops.

The economy....you can't create an economy by killing small business with taxes, raising min wage and creating a debt that isn't sustainable. You cannot borrow your way out of debt. Sorry, I can't find one redeeming quality. I can keep going if you wish.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 08:30:37 AM »
So who should we blame? You for voting him or Obama himself? We warned you long before he was elected what would happen and sure as shit it's happened 10 fold. You can dispute the wars all you want but the fact remains is it was a bipartisan vote and Bush asked for approval before going in unlike Obama making shit on the fly and doing as he pleases. You're right, we pulled out of Iraq and look what happened. Exactly what Bush predicted would happen. Releasing detainees from Gitmo only to do what we thought they would do. Go back and kill more of our troops.

The economy....you can't create an economy by killing small business with taxes, raising min wage and creating a debt that isn't sustainable. You cannot borrow your way out of debt. Sorry, I can't find one redeeming quality. I can keep going if you wish.

I know this is a waste of time because facts absolutely do not matter to you......We were kicked out of IRAQ because Maliki would not sign an agreement giving our soldiers immunity from prosecution....we warned Maliki about what would happen and he didn't care...we could not stay in Iraq under those circumstances.....or else every mickey mouse judge in Iraq would be trying to take revenge on our troops by jailing them for supposed "crimes"
the Republicans have conned guys like you into believing that raising the minimum wage kills jobs and every single time that the minimum wage has been raised there are no job losses....and when the minimum wage is kept artificially low, then guess who has to subsidize those workers????...THE GOVERNMENT....with food stamps and rent assistance....The national debt increased substantially under Reagan, Bush I and Bush II......and yes, under Obama as well....Clinton left office with a huge surplus...as for small business, what have the Republicans done for them????..they are focused on giving huge tax breaks to the rich and corporations...

YOU JUST DONT GET IT

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2015, 08:33:08 PM »
and again I ask why does Obama get the blame because the middle east can't get itself together???

He gets the blame for poorly handling an admittedly shitty situation.

....thats a religious war that no one on earth can stop...why doesn't Putin get the blame for backing Syria and preventling any action to be taken through the UN due to his veto threats???.....whats china doing???...the EU???....Obama does not want us to go to war...obviously and rightly so....also Obama asked congress months ago for war authorization against ISIS and there has been no response.........Obama has decided that he's not going to go it alone and wind up criticized like George Bush was and still is......

I'm happy to discuss geopolitics and provide my opinion on Putin, however, I'm not Russian and have no stake or say in Russian politics. I'm also not Chinese and don't have EU citizenship since I'm not a citizen of a member state. However, I am American and I have both a stake and a say in U.S. politics. The decisions that Obama (and the Congress too, since I speak against those idiots too) are made in my name, and when decisions that I disagree with are made in my name, I will make sure that my objection is heard.

You're also contradicting yourself - Obama doesn't want us to go to war, but asked for authorization to go? At any rate, you and I both know that if Obama wanted to deal with ISIS militarily, he didn't need the authorization of Congress under the War Powers Act of 1973: he can deploy troops for up to 90 days before he has to go to Congress. He should deployed them against ISIS and he should have had ISIS relentlessly pummeled back to the stone age by bombing for a month, followed by deploying troops to take out the rest of the trash.

Let's be clear - I don't want war and you don't want war. In fact, very few people genuinely want war and they are fucking idiots. But this isn't about whether we want war. This is about a virulent group that's spreading and seeks nothing less than to wage war on us. This isn't about starting a war - this is about finishing one. You can argue that that's naive - that that war can never be won, and you may even be right. But the alternative is to lose and I don't accept that.

As for the implemetation of the ACA, Medicaid and Social Security had problems with roll out as well...its just that we didn't have the internet and cable news to harp on government mistakes back then.....

Right... the problem is the Internet harping on government mistakes. It's not the unwarranted and uncontrolled expansion of Government. It's not the fact that the government now forces us, at the point of the proverbial gun, to pay to purchase a product we may not want.

the fact is you call him a shitty president but OBAMA HAS

Kept us out of war

If you're to be believed, that's only because Congress didn't give him the authorization he asked for. I hardly think he should take credit for that.

reduced the deficit tremendously thereby reducing borrowing from china

Again, the reductions where mostly iconic - the result of clever bookkeeping and proscribed sunsetting of spending mandates by the previous Administration. Let's not kid ourselves that Obama has actually done something meaningful about the crippling debt that we are faced with.

normalized ties with Cuba...which will benefit our businesses tremendously

Right... our businesses will benefit tremendously because we normalized relations with Cuba, where salaries range from 17 to 30 USD a month. Why, I can already see the businessmen counting their pesos before they hatch!

gave us universal healthcare which will reduce costs and prevent insurance companies from dropping coverage for the first time ever

It's unclear if either of these things are good, especially considering that they are provided by raiding the American people's wallets.

gotten our allies to actually do something with their involvement in the Libyan war and their bombing runs in the middle east and got teh moderate Arab states to actually fight for themselves rather than America coming to the rescue AGAIN

Was that before or after he failed to gain Congress's approval? And you'll forgive me if I'm not amazed that he could convince people to act in their own best interest.

I can list 10 other things he's done including catching Osama Bin Laden and bank reform but why bother?..you won't acknowledge it anyway

I'm more than happy to acknowledge what Obama has done right; for example, I applaud him for his decision to pursue and take out Bin Laden when given the opportunity, although I'd have much preferred it if we captured that son of a bitch alive, tried him and then sentenced him to death. I also think that he did well in expanding stem-cell research by eliminating some of the bone-headed restrictions put in place by the previous Adminstration. There's a few other things I could name, but you get the point: I'm not anti-Obama. I'm pro-good-President.

what more do you want??? 8) 8)

I want a President who realizes that the Government the Founding Fathers created was a small, limited, constrained and tightly circumscribed one, instead of a gargantuan, unlimited, unconstrained and expansive one. I want a President who repeals EOs 12333, 13284, 13555, and 13470 and orders the executive branch to stop spying on Americans. I want a President who doesn't think that it's appropriate for some politicos in Washington to decide how I spend my money. Is that really too much to ask?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 12:52:15 AM »

No you can't as you actually haven't said anything. Just filler. Although I guess you can write more filler.