Author Topic: How did Memorial Day turn into Veteran's day?  (Read 3204 times)

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Re: How did Memorial Day turn into Veteran's day?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »
Isn't Memorial day supposed to be the day to honor those that fought and died for their country and Veteran's day for those that are still alive?  Yet all over the place yesterday these living soldiers young and old were taking honors all day at different events.  They are essentially shitting on the graves for those that fought before them by trying to steal their limelight.  When did being in the military turn into the ultimate Attention Whoring job?
Yep...it's called "stolen honor"...and it's terrible to witness.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 12:11:26 PM »
Not the way the news was showing it.  I must have seen about 4 different "Surprise" visits by military families.  You know those stupid videos where a soldier surprises his kids or wife and somehow the news is there even though it's supposed to be a surprise?

Maybe their kids don't know of the surprise?  Seeing my father and brother come back home  alive from a war zone  would change your mind.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2015, 12:15:23 PM »
Maybe their kids don't know of the surprise?  Seeing my father and brother come back home  alive from a war zone  would change your mind.

It's all marketing. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 06:18:54 PM »
Gee! Its ridiculous! Obama gets shit for eating an ice cream on memorial day. Its like, if you're not celebrating memorial day every second of the day, people are going to bitch and moan. I went to the gym yesterday. THE HORROR!!!
You should be highly fucking ashamed of yourself!   :(

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2015, 06:42:14 PM »
I can see why a ww2 vet or Vietnam vet would wear a hat that is cool they deserve respect. But too see young guys flaunting their uniforms just screams douche bagge.

You're the douche bag. U think young guys who served in the ME don't deserve respect to. if u think it was so easy u should have enlisted. a lot of the "young guys" spent a lot more time in combat than wwii and Vietnam guys

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2015, 08:12:33 PM »
Its the same when you see military personnel wearing their uniforms out in the public lol. I was at a local fair and there was a military man in full blown fatigues lol. Or the military personnel who get married in their uniform lol. Its not that much different than cops who have to carry their gun everywhere with them. I attended a 4-year old birthday party and some guy I know who was a cop was strapped at the party. He even had his shirt pulled up so people can see his gun lol.

These people will stop at nothing to let you know they are "men in uniforms."  :-\ :-\

HAH... some chick let you know how much she dug uniformed men..  Its ok lil man - we protect the weak and those men that stay home with the women. You have a right to be afraid of the bad guys on the other side of the fence.. I, and men like me, give you that right... 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2015, 08:29:26 PM »
HAH... some chick let you know how much she dug uniformed men..  Its ok lil man - we protect the weak and those men that stay home with the women. You have a right to be afraid of the bad guys on the other side of the fence.. I, and men like me, give you that right... 

X

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
It's all marketing. 

Exactly.  All for attention.  If it wasn't, just show up at your home without news cameras and such.  How many more of these do we have to see?

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »

Why does that make you mad????  Or is that pic showing your frustration?  I do pity you. You make it obvious that you have been a failure most of your life and it has caused you to have a jealous rage.  Relax buddy. Success is not a difficult thing at all... You just have to believe in yourself.
This is just a lame website - but message me and we can talk and I will try to help you. I have been down before too my man - but you can choose to change that.
Early day tomorrow so have to go. Dont waste more time on here tonight. Get some rest and get up an hour earlier than usual tomorrow.. I sincerely am pulling for you man.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2015, 09:12:48 PM »
Why does that make you mad????  Or is that pic showing your frustration?  I do pity you. You make it obvious that you have been a failure most of your life and it has caused you to have a jealous rage.  Relax buddy. Success is not a difficult thing at all... You just have to believe in yourself.
This is just a lame website - but message me and we can talk and I will try to help you. I have been down before too my man - but you can choose to change that.
Early day tomorrow so have to go. Dont waste more time on here tonight. Get some rest and get up an hour earlier than usual tomorrow.. I sincerely am pulling for you man.

X

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »
I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

Ok mr. "operator"...

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 05:55:47 AM »
Yep...it's called "stolen honor"...and it's terrible to witness.

It's actually called Stolen Valor...

there is a pretty good, getbig-like site that parades SV douchebags:     thisainthell.us

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »
I canīt say that i know of this in the UK. At weddings yes i have seen this. Maybe the Military in the US is more relaxed about it. I guess it causes jealous feelings when the girls get turned on by it.  ;D

My son and son-in-law rarely wore their uniforms in public. The military advised against it when traveling on non-military planes. We have several photos of our son in his full dress uniform with all the honors hung on it. These were mostly taken during promotion ceremonies. I expect, our son-in-law has photos like this too that my daughter keeps.