Author Topic: lebron is a better athlete than Michael Jordan  (Read 19142 times)

Redux

• Getbig IV
Re: lebron is a better athlete than Michael Jordan
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 12:56:52 PM »
If LeBrick had played against the Piston's Bad Boys teams he would have ended up in the fetal position under the basket crying.
All it takes is one hard foul and he's mentally done for the game. He doesn't like physical play and he's also terrified of having to make crucial free throws at the end of games.  Jordan had the mental strength of 1,000 LeBrons.
Why teams don't hard foul him the first time he drives to the basket is beyond me. Have a scrub player do it and take the technical foul or suspension, whatever. 
That finals series against Dallas alone keeps LeBron from ever seriously being considered the best player ever. 

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »
We all remember the season where the bulls were down 0-2 to a stronger NY knicks team.  Then the phantom fouls started...

there's an amazing video out there, been posted here before.  People called for standing near him, seriously - the crooked NBA wanted jordan in the finals and the knicks were just too good.

A lot of truth to this...Back then the NBA could get away with fixing games and not have many different video's showing their WWE tactics. Today it still goes on but it's much smarter on how the refs control and fix games...A guy that went to my gym use to play basketball in Europe and was on the practice squads of a couple NBA teams. He said the only true NBA game of the year is a game 7 of the NBA finals...He said that if a team can get to a game 7, that the teams are rewarded by having a legit street type basketball games where the refs are told to let them play...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 01:28:34 PM »
A lot of truth to this...Back then the NBA could get away with fixing games and not have many different video's showing their WWE tactics. Today it still goes on but it's much smarter on how the refs control and fix games...A guy that went to my gym use to play basketball in Europe and was on the practice squads of a couple NBA teams. He said the only true NBA game of the year is a game 7 of the NBA finals...He said that if a team can get to a game 7, that the teams are rewarded by having a legit street type basketball games where the refs are told to let them play...

there was no youtube back then.

people couldn't tivo a play and then isolate it and share it with ten million friends.

the Marv ALberts of the world didn't mention it.  They just talked about jordan's heroics.  There's an awesome video, probably 2-3 months ago posted on getbig.  anyone have it?  it showed the phantom fouls in that 0-2 series.  Pretty bad.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 01:32:23 PM »
If LeBrick had played against the Piston's Bad Boys teams he would have ended up in the fetal position under the basket crying.
All it takes is one hard foul and he's mentally done for the game. He doesn't like physical play and he's also terrified of having to make crucial free throws at the end of games.  Jordan had the mental strength of 1,000 LeBrons.
Why teams don't hard foul him the first time he drives to the basket is beyond me. Have a scrub player do it and take the technical foul or suspension, whatever. 
That finals series against Dallas alone keeps LeBron from ever seriously being considered the best player ever. 

See, if that was the case... then LeBron would be allowed to hack people just the same.

And he'd dominate in that era too.   

I dont think people give enough credit to the GH era.  Or enough to the global game.  The US team used to DESTROY the other in the olympics.  now they lose sometimes.   

Jordan would be really good today - he'd be a Durant or whoever.  But being ten feet above the rest of the league, like he was in the 90s?  No, that'd never happen today with jordan.  His ass would be all over TMZ banging hooters girls and gambling bets, his phantom fouls would be youtube'd and COlin and LeBatard would be dissecting them daily. 

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »
I think a better comparison would be Kobe and LeBron....

Kobe has 5 rings to LeBron's 2.

Kobe was a bad man, everyone is a prisoner to the moment talking about LeBron now.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2015, 01:52:56 PM »
Plus...Before his injury, Bo Jackson never even lifted weights. Imagine the potential, just insane....

Uncrowded first drug free Mr. O if he'd taken the thong game seriously. I

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2015, 01:53:23 PM »
See, if that was the case... then LeBron would be allowed to hack people just the same
He already is allowed to do that....though, the others can't.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2015, 02:26:48 PM »

Better athlete than both but Mike best to play any sport....
Agree about Bo. Lebron definitely better athlete than Jordan. As far as BB player that argument should be reserved for when Lebron retires.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2015, 02:29:17 PM »
lebron? i read levrone  >:(

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2015, 02:34:29 PM »
this is such a Blasphemy....when will these people pull their head out of their Asses and stop blabbing these nonsense......there was only One Jordan.....go ahead and make a name for yourself

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 02:37:25 PM »
what was so great about the teams jordan's bulls beat? 

what did the heat do this year without lebron?

E

What has LeBron done without the Heat ???

Took the Cavs to the Finals twice and lost (about to get massacred by GSW, watch and see), big deal.

He has four more championships to win before this is even a conversation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 03:01:40 PM »
Trent Dilfer has more super bowl rings than Dan Marino.

Lebron's supporting cast to the finals was bad bad bad in 2007 CLE team.   Jordan's had pippen (top 50 player ever) and BJ/Kerr, along with a rebounding beast and the NBA marketing machine.

If you put Jordan in with the exact 2007 CLE CAVS cast... do they win the title over the Spurs?  Absolutely not.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 03:07:02 PM »
Trent Dilfer has more super bowl rings than Dan Marino.

Lebron's supporting cast to the finals was bad bad bad in 2007 CLE team.   Jordan's had pippen (top 50 player ever) and BJ/Kerr, along with a rebounding beast and the NBA marketing machine.

If you put Jordan in with the exact 2007 CLE CAVS cast... do they win the title over the Spurs?  Absolutely not.

Take off with this super bowl rings Trent Dilfer straw man.  6-0 vs. 2-3 (2-4 soon) in the NBA is a whole different ballgame than 1-0 vs. 0-0 in the NFL.  Winning lots of Finals is absolutely a major factor in ranking all-time NBA players, to argue otherwise shows you don't know much about the game.

Re: 2007, so what ???  LeBron didn't beat the Spurs in 2007 either.  LeBron had Wade and Chris Bosh and couldn't even beat an over-the-hill Dirk Nowitzki and a bunch of nobodies.  Who was the second best player on that team, the corpse of Jason Terry?

People who think LeBron is better than Jordan by any definition are delusional.  

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 03:11:35 PM »
Quite the broad statement.  Jordan is not the best athlete of all time but he is THE best basketball player of all time.  Jordan was able to jump and stop mid air and make decisions of what to do.  Jordan had the will to take over a game.  Jordan wouldn't be a chicken shit like Lebron and drive down and dish the ball out so someone else would miss the 3.  He has a way higher basketball IQ.  Knows how to fuck with your head.  Jordan on the same court with James would end up with James crying asking what happened.

Better Athlete than Jordan?  yes.  For sure, better ball player?  No.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 03:34:06 PM »
That Kerr/bj was a menacing duo..... ::)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »

:D  Yes Steve Kerr really terrorized the league.

LeBron just doesn't have "it".  When asked how you stop Stephen Curry today he responded with "you can't" ::)  Jordan would have said "You pound him to his knees and skull-fuck him."

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 03:50:53 PM »
:D  Yes Steve Kerr really terrorized the league.

Not many guys in the league can get you a guaranteed 6ppg and provide the kind of fleet footed defense he could.

I think a lot of people forget how great Jordan was (too young, media promotion of lebron to spark ratings, etc). I'm young enough to have seen both in prime yet not old enough to be crotchety/stubborn (younger then lebron). There is no contest when you just watch them play and I haaaaated Jordan (pacers fan then).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »
Not many guys in the league can get you a guaranteed 6ppg and provide the kind of fleet footed defense he could.

I think a lot of people forget how great Jordan was (too young, media promotion of lebron to spark ratings, etc). I'm young enough to have seen both in prime yet not old enough to be crotchety/stubborn (younger then lebron). There is no contest when you just watch them play and I haaaaated Jordan (pacers fan then).

the rik smits days!!   I saw al harrington playing in high school.  dunked like 30 times in an all-star game at bishop verot high school in Ft Myers, FL

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 04:15:14 PM »
jordan was more aesthetic and better looking by a mile compared to lebron who s blocky raw and inelegant.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 04:20:32 PM »
the rik smits days!!   I saw al harrington playing in high school.  dunked like 30 times in an all-star game at bishop verot high school in Ft Myers, FL
Yeah, they were always so close. Used to literally ruin my day when they lost. When they finally made it after Jordan retired they ran into Shaquille who literally would pound Smits in the face and the foul would be called on him. Kind of comical seeing his face when that would happen. Reggie was a bit past his prime when they finally reached the finals.

Miller was my favorite player. Didn't have Jordan's talent but he was every bit the competitor and didn't back down. Made my day when I had a substitute teacher in school who's granddaughter did some modeling with his then wife and got me his autograph.

Loved dale Davis too even though he couldn't shoot worth anything.

Used to be really into basketball back then (short white guy who averaged 25ppg in high school so played a looot). Don't take things as personally anymore, lol. Like to think I'm less biased now which is true in that I do admit how great Jordan was even though I couldn't at the time since my brother loved him, haha.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 04:34:15 PM »

Don't bag on Kerr.  We all know the true reason why Jordan won was because of Luc Longley

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »
I think a better comparison would be Kobe and LeBron....

Kobe has 5 rings to LeBron's 2.

Kobe was a bad man, everyone is a prisoner to the moment talking about LeBron now.

I agree 100%.  Everyone is a prisoner of the moment, that's a perfect way to put it.  Tine passes and the memory fades a little bit.  It's easy to shit of Kobe now because he's past his prime and he's not out there doing it right now.  It's easy to forget how great MJ was, or Magic, or Bird.  Even for me. 

example....

Magic Johnson is my favorite player ever but I even forgot how great he was a little bit.  I watched some games from 1989 and 1990 last night and Magic was a fucking beast.  He had some crazy stat lines.  One game against the Suns he had 34 points, 18 assists, 10 rebounds and he hit the game winning shot at the buzzer.  Another game he had 24 points, 8 rebounds, 24 assists and 6 fucking steals.  Another game he went for 43 points and 10 assists.  People usually say that Magic was the best point guard ever but I still don't think they realize what a bad muthafucka he was.  Ridiculous.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »
Man puts ball in hoop insane  :o :o :o
A

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2015, 07:15:39 PM »
jordan, 10 time scoring champion. james = 1 time.
jordan 5 x mvp, james 4 x mvp.
jordan 6 x finals mvp, james 2 x finals mvp
jordan 6 x nba champs, james 2 x nba champ
jordan 3x steals leader, james = 0.
jordan 1 defensive player of the year, james =0.
jordan 9 x all defensive, james =6.
jordan 30.1 ppg, james 28 ppg career.
james 9 games 50+ pts, 1 game 60+. jordan 60+ 5 times, 50+, 39 times
james 49 triple doubles, jordan 31.

Also, Jordan is 6-0 in the Finals while Lebron is only 2-3.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2015, 07:27:51 PM »
Also, Jordan is 6-0 in the Finals while Lebron is only 2-3.

If Jordan didn't have his gambling issues and was forced to leave for 2 years he would have been 8-0.  That is a fact jack.