Author Topic: Jeb Bush says Rand Paul 'wrong' on ending surveillance laws  (Read 1857 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Which man do you agree with?   Jeb or Rand?

Source: AP

By ERIK SCHELZIG

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said Saturday that Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is "wrong" on his efforts to end post-Sept. 11 surveillance laws used against suspected spies and terrorists.

Bush, a likely GOP presidential candidate in 2016, called for the reauthorization of the Patriot Act enacted under the presidency of his brother George W. Bush.

"What I admire most about my brother was he kept us safe," Jeb Bush said at a Tennessee Republican Party fundraiser. "And I believe people will respect him for a long time because of that."

Without action by midnight Sunday, a number of tools that permit law enforcement to pursue and investigate suspected terrorists will expire. Paul, a senator from Kentucky,

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Jeb Bush says Rand Paul 'wrong' on ending surveillance laws
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
"What I admire most about my brother was he kept us safe," Jeb Bush said at a Tennessee Republican Party fundraiser. 

Starting in mid-september 2001, yes, Bush did keep us safe.

Before that, well, hey, blame the guy who was out of office for 8 months.  Don't blame the dude in office, ignoring critical intel while on vacation, 6 weeks before the 9/11 attacks. 

Hearing Jeb say Bush kept us safe is just mind-boggling. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said Saturday that Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is "wrong" on his efforts to end post-Sept. 11 surveillance laws used against suspected spies and terrorists.

Gee, when it's put like that...

Can't win with a media like this. And yeah, he should have had his shit jumped about his brother "keeping us safe".

Big failure of media, with no one to call them out for it.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »
Wow, man. Media is ready to "guide" us into a permanent state of surveillance, as the super-criminals demand.

No question about it, with trash like this being published. Not even a hint of reason.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:09:10 PM »
Who needs the media when you have lots of getbiggers refusing to even take a position on it.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »
 Bush, like his near-invalid brother, is a Neocon. This shouldn't come as a surprise.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 05:24:37 AM »
does anyone have an opinion on this?   Rand or Jeb, who is right?

Rand believes in liberty and wants to end the Patriot Act.  Does anyone here agree with him?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 08:42:59 AM »
I tuned into Glen Beck today to hear the Rand Paul interview.  It was more of a book promo for "take a stand", LOL.

Rand did say that any program already started will be allowed to run to completion... and anything classified will never be heard about anyway... so ending it doesn't change too much for a decade.  If they've already put a person/group's name on paper, then they can use Patriot powers on them as long as they'd like. 

Beck loves the ending of the pat act.  So repubs, you now have permission to say you support ending Bush's patriot act.  You can do it!!!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 11:25:43 AM »
Rand is right and I'm glad he did what he just did.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 11:31:38 AM »
Rand is right and I'm glad he did what he just did.

props for sharing your opinion.  SO many repubs are afraid to do so.  They give jeb, obama, and the liberals teh ability to snoop thru everything with the patriot act.

i wish everyone else on getbig had the balls to share their opinion on this - cause once a person wins the nomination, they'll all adopt that position haha!

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 02:55:25 PM »
A person that buys into everything but the need for a Patriot Act must have some interesting ideas. Seems like that must be a common stand, but you don't hear much from those people.

What would someone like that say?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 03:33:43 PM »
Which man do you agree with?   Jeb or Rand?

Source: AP

By ERIK SCHELZIG

Bush, a likely GOP presidential candidate in 2016, called for the reauthorization of the Patriot Act enacted under the presidency of his brother George W. Bush.

"What I admire most about my brother was he kept us safe," Jeb Bush said at a Tennessee Republican Party fundraiser. "And I believe people will respect him for a long time because of that."

Without action by midnight Sunday, a number of tools that permit law enforcement to pursue and investigate suspected terrorists will expire. Paul, a senator from Kentucky,

yeah, as long as you don't count the 9-11 or the Anthrax attacks or the fact that he had no plan for the post invasion of Iraq which directly led to the huge increase in Islamic terrorist

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 03:44:10 PM »
yeah, as long as you don't count the 9-11 or the Anthrax attacks or the fact that he had no plan for the post invasion of Iraq which directly led to the huge increase in Islamic terrorist

Yeah, there's no honest explanation for the lead-up to 911.

These guys need their ASSES BUSTED IN TWO for even mentioning the word 'safe'.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »
A person that buys into everything but the need for a Patriot Act must have some interesting ideas. Seems like that must be a common stand, but you don't hear much from those people.

What would someone like that say?

What about you, Skip? Does this describe where you're at?

I know we agree on police issues, and pretty damn sure we agree on the Patriot Act and related issues (from what I've seen you say).

So how would you describe your overall stand?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 04:20:25 PM »
What about you, Skip? Does this describe where you're at?

I know we agree on police issues, and pretty damn sure we agree on the Patriot Act and related issues (from what I've seen you say).

So how would you describe your overall stand?

I don't like spying on Americans en masse, or court proceedings where the public is never allowed to participate.

We're going to have holes in the system, but we've got to figure out better ways to close them.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 04:49:25 PM »

I don't like spying on Americans en masse, or court proceedings where the public is never allowed to participate.

We're going to have holes in the system, but we've got to figure out better ways to close them.

What's your main problem with it?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
IMO,

It's a violation of our privacy.
It's a violation of our constitution.
There are NOT sufficient checks and balances as was evidenced when they used to spy on a reporter and CONGRESSPEOPLE.
Since nobody is allowed access, the depth of the abuse is currently unknown.

It stinks from the top to the bottom.

Go Rand on this one!

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 05:41:06 PM »
IMO,

It's a violation of our privacy.
It's a violation of our constitution.
There are NOT sufficient checks and balances as was evidenced when they used to spy on a reporter and CONGRESSPEOPLE.
Since nobody is allowed access, the depth of the abuse is currently unknown.

It stinks from the top to the bottom.

Go Rand on this one!

Don't yet know if I believe in Rand, but yes on the rest. Requiring Americans and others to place ourselves in the hands of unknown people with unknown intentions is about as dangerous as it gets. The ironic thing is that it's the very claim that might be used to try to support it. That's how it's managed to fuck with people so thoroughly, for so long.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 06:05:52 PM »
Don't yet know if I believe in Rand, but yes on the rest. Requiring Americans and others to place ourselves in the hands of unknown people with unknown intentions is about as dangerous as it gets. The ironic thing is that it's the very claim that might be used to try to support it. That's how it's managed to fuck with people so thoroughly, for so long.

The Freedom Act is supposed to be the compromise and presumably we'll have some public advocate.

I don't buy it, but time will tell.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »
240 (or anyone): Where does Obama stand on the PA and related things?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »
240 (or anyone): Where does Obama stand on the PA and related things?

obama love the patriot act, it gives him crazy amounts of power.

problem is, the RINOs love it too.  jeb wants that power as president

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »

obama love the patriot act, it gives him crazy amounts of power.

problem is, the RINOs love it too.  jeb wants that power as president

So they're all on the same page. Just as I suspected.

In your opinion: Is Rand legit with his intentions, or is he secretly aiming for something else? (anything else, whatsoever, but what he claims)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2015, 03:42:52 PM »
So they're all on the same page. Just as I suspected.

In your opinion: Is Rand legit with his intentions, or is he secretly aiming for something else? (anything else, whatsoever, but what he claims)

Rand is trying anything to stand out from the rest of the pack, particulalry after his rocky start.

So he's trying to go VERY much into the libertarian field now, with the anti-patriot act thing.  It might work... when he went on Beck, he spent most of the time talking about his book 'take a stand', so who knows... we all know Huck runs every few years just to stay relevant, maybe Rand is looking at being a FOX tv show host after his time in congress?

either way, i like that he's taking this position.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 03:58:21 PM »
Rand is trying anything to stand out from the rest of the pack, particulalry after his rocky start.

So he's trying to go VERY much into the libertarian field now, with the anti-patriot act thing.  It might work... when he went on Beck, he spent most of the time talking about his book 'take a stand', so who knows... we all know Huck runs every few years just to stay relevant, maybe Rand is looking at being a FOX tv show host after his time in congress?

either way, i like that he's taking this position.

What sort of angle does he use to explain his stand, and do you think he's sincere?

I've been tuning-out politicians for so long, I really don't know what to say about too many of them - including the Pauls.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »
...I ask whether he seems sincere, because people that were raised in privilege (as he was) are so often flaky.