Author Topic: Do you assume anyone who eats "organic" is stupid?  (Read 6683 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Do you assume anyone who eats "organic" is stupid?
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2015, 05:24:50 AM »
That's true, my answer was incomplete. I was talking about the chemical/artificial/industrial pesticides and herbicides. Most of them are carcinogenic. Google will help you to find serious studies (from gov and from "independent" NGO) on this subject  :)

Some organic pesticides/herbicides are carcinogenic too, I'm well aware of that.

It's also a question of personal taste: I buy organic meat because it tastes better, but I don't buy organic eggs because they taste like shit.

At the end of the day, it's all paradoxes, compromises, biased studies and tasty meat  ;D

Dammit, that was going to be part of my response. If I'm at Costco, I'll sometimes buy organic stuff. Not that I'm a big believer in it, but when the prices are very comparable to conventional foods, why not buy it for shits? I respect your opinion though.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2015, 06:09:58 AM »
organic ground beef has me eating ground beef again as grocery store ground beef gave me the runs all the time. Bloated stomach as well. Organic ground beef when uncooked looks like a disgusting paste, lol.

The beef and eggs have made a difference and was encouraged to do this by people who have nothing to gain my saying that to me.

I'M also gonna ditch all microwave use at the end of this month.

This is simply a sign of delusion and mental illness.  Are you going to ditch air conditioning also?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2015, 06:13:02 AM »
That's true, my answer was incomplete. I was talking about the chemical/artificial/industrial pesticides and herbicides. Most of them are carcinogenic. Google will help you to find serious studies (from gov and from "independent" NGO) on this subject  :)

Some organic pesticides/herbicides are carcinogenic too, I'm well aware of that.

It's also a question of personal taste: I buy organic meat because it tastes better, but I don't buy organic eggs because they taste like shit.

At the end of the day, it's all paradoxes, compromises, biased studies and tasty meat  ;D

This is no different than all those germophobes that have been created by the hygiene industry trying to convince you that you need to wash your hands in Purell every 15 seconds.  I gurantee you could not tell the difference taste or otherwise in a double blind comparison.  I invite you and everyone else over to Navy Mike's front yard for a cook out/taste test next Saturday.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2015, 06:14:39 AM »
Only way to eat organic is grow it in your backyard.  There's a saying in the farming industry, "organic 6 days a week"  These large commercial organic growers skirt the rules all the time.

I think I've also heard "natty 6 days a week" and "Herero 6 days a week"

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2015, 06:15:44 AM »
This is no different than all those germophobes that have been created by the hygiene industry trying to convince you that you need to wash your hands in Purell every 15 seconds.  I gurantee you could not tell the difference taste or otherwise in a double blind comparison.  I invite you and everyone else over to Navy Mike's front yard for a cook out/taste test next Saturday.

Is it BYOW (bring your own weedwacker)?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2015, 06:18:54 AM »
I once grew some 'organic tomatoes' in my garden, using only native soil from my vegetable patch and some homemade compost. Everytime I had someone over for dinner, I would mention that I used my 'homegrown organic tomatoes' in the pasta sauce or salad we were eating, until one of my smartass buddies asked me 'which household organic items did you use to make the organic compost you used?' I then realised, that my tomatoes were grown using out of date oreos/eggs from caged hens/leftover chinese etc among other things.

The only time i've ever grown truly organic produce, is when I grew 2 skunk plants from some bagseed I found. It was a truly fulfilling and natural experience smoking my 100% organic sensimilia sprinkled over half a benson & hedges cigarette containing over 400 chemicals.

Homemade compost made out of Oreos?

If you eat the Oreos and then use your own waste as fertilizer does it transform into organic.

Everything in the universe is organic.  We're all just as God made us.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2015, 06:21:11 AM »
Is it BYOW (bring your own weedwacker)?

Yes, and any discarded syringes you step on you get to keep as a party favor.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2015, 06:24:24 AM »
Yes, and any discarded syringes you step on you get to keep as a party favor.

Ill bring the DNP (rat poison) since there's a good chance some of the guest will be on a cut in pursuit of the plastic trophy

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2015, 06:42:48 AM »
I am not so far into the organic movement that I won't eat anything but organic, but, my milk and meats are organic/free range.  I'm not trying to get a dose of finaplex with my steak, or milk.  Like someone else posted, Schnauzer I believe, corn was genetically modified from a grass by early native Americas centuries ago.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »
I am not so far into the organic movement that I won't eat anything but organic, but, my milk and meats are organic/free range.  I'm not trying to get a dose of finaplex with my steak, or milk.  Like someone else posted, Schnauzer I believe, corn was genetically modified from a grass by early native Americas centuries ago.

Paying more for organic meat or milk is just a vanity play for the Mrs. Gooch's crowd.  Much greater chance of contamination in organics due to lack of quality control.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2015, 09:16:57 AM »
This isn't a dig at you but that is ridiculous.  Salt is the most organic thing on the planet.  If you want to eat pure foods not processed or without chemicals that is fine.  I think that is good.  But there is no difference between an organic egg and a nonorganic egg.  Or carrot.

Salt is also a preservative in high quantity. You're missing the point. I like the taste of food that has less salt and sugar filler in it. That was my point.

Example - no salt added blue corn tortilla chips compared to dollar store salty assed white corn chips. Might as well just get Doritos....

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2015, 09:23:55 AM »
There is no peer reviewed study that shows any benefit.  There is also no real definition of organic and no controls on it.  Wake up, you are being fed a line of corporate bullshit.

You'd be much healthier cutting out sugar.
this is absolutely true.  Cutting out processed sugar is arguably the best health benefit for the masses.  People are way too hung up on cutting out fat but have no problem sucking down a nonfat frappucino with 50g sugar every morning.  As for organic food, I think its fine to try and eat from local farms and such if it's available and not twice the price.  But going completely organic isn't really feasible for most of is at this point.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »
Navy Mike's front yard is the reason why I don't trust Monsanto  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2015, 09:33:10 AM »
There's no need for our food to be messed with like this. None.
And yes, the refined sugar statements are accurate. Refined sugar is a drug.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2015, 09:33:55 AM »

I sense a new gimmick on the horizon...
?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2015, 09:35:37 AM »
I sense a new gimmick on the horizon...

I don't know why you said that, but my statement is 100% correct.  refined sugar is indeed a drug that is killing Americans the most.  They're addicted, that's clear.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2015, 09:40:26 AM »
I don't know why you said that, but my statement is 100% correct.  refined sugar is indeed a drug that is killing Americans the most.  They're addicted, that's clear.

I hear sugar disguises itself under the form of "grape drink" to secretly kill off black people. Do you know anything of this?
?

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2015, 10:30:30 AM »
You're "stupid" for believing there's no added benefit. The benefit is you're eating food that's not genetically modified. You should do some research.

you failed to actually address what those benefits are.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2015, 10:35:36 AM »
you failed to actually address what those benefits are.

No I didn't. I said your eating food that's not genetically modified.   That's the benefit.   

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »
No I didn't. I said your eating food that's not genetically modified.   That's the benefit.   

??? so its better just because its not modified?

This is a topic I've researched and the only evidence out there is purely anecdotal and individual. To me the Organic movement is a very lucrative scam and the companies involved are making a killing so more power to them.

Just cutting out processed foods, junk food and excess sugar will keep you just as healthy and keep more money in your pocket.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »

Many foods have been genetically modified. These are the original, unmodified versions of some foods:

Commercial bananas are natural hybrids. No GMO at all.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2015, 04:46:18 PM »
Organic agriculture DOES use pesticides but those pesticides come from biological sources. Bacteria and fungi and their metabolites are used as biological control, plant oils, plant extracts, etc. Some regulations allow you to use synthetic copper and sulfur, but most people don't abuse those products cause too much Cu or S would be detrimental and will cause toxicity in the plant.

Overall, I'd say that SOME organic products are def healthier than the conventional ones.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2015, 04:49:41 PM »

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2015, 07:10:53 PM »
Organic agriculture DOES use pesticides but those pesticides come from biological sources. Bacteria and fungi and their metabolites are used as biological control, plant oils, plant extracts, etc. Some regulations allow you to use synthetic copper and sulfur, but most people don't abuse those products cause too much Cu or S would be detrimental and will cause toxicity in the plant.

Overall, I'd say that SOME organic products are def healthier than the conventional ones.

You apparently haven't read the first  page of this thread.  The USDA allows lots of crap to be used and still be labelled organic.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2015, 07:19:57 PM »

That's because "refined" sugar is white.  Everyone knows the original sugar was BLACK.

FACT!