Author Topic: what ever happened to steven segal  (Read 13675 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: what ever happened to steven segal
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2015, 08:42:23 PM »
Lol @ memorizing choreographed moves and calling yourself a fighter. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2015, 09:15:25 PM »
Putin was overfeeding him ....................

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 09:30:38 PM »
Putin was overfeeding him ....................

He was a fatso way, way, way before his Russian excursions.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2015, 01:27:55 AM »
I remember both Wally Jay and Ed Parker as they were big, big names when I was a kid. Wally Jay was part of the original Bruce Lee crew along with my "Wing Chun Do" instructor James Demile. I started training with Demile when I was 16 and found exactly what I was looking for -- a Dojo where they did full no holds bar sparring where you could actually hit each other. It sounds off today but in those days find a Martials Arts schools that actually allowed you to beat the crap out of each other was quite rare. Also, Demile modified a lot of the tradional Wing Chun equipment like that ridiculous Wing Chun Dummy. Demile put pads around it so you could hit full force without breaking your hands and designed the arms positioned like real arms and were spring loaded so you could practice trapping and the like.

But in there's nothing better in training for fighting than actual fighting. 

James Demile is in the front row first one on the left.

There are only a few people in Germany who practise Ed Parkerīs Kempo. I think i will look into it. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2015, 01:30:41 AM »

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2015, 01:46:21 AM »
Lol @ memorizing choreographed moves and calling yourself a fighter. ;D

Name 1 fighting method, which does not include training of the moves?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2015, 03:04:57 AM »
 small Circle Jui Jitsu.  ;D

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 03:54:21 AM »
Say what you want about Seagal as a Martial Artist but no one in the movies knows how to handle a gun better than he does. Chuck Norris is the only other one that seems to be very familiar with guns and knows how to properly hold, fire and maneuver with it. Chances are that if someone's carry gun is a 1911 then he's a serious gun guy. Seagal always uses a 1911 in his movies. And since movie producers don't know shit about guns it's highly likely that Seagal request and insists on a 1911.

Although you will see him occasionally shooting one handed in his movies for drama's sake most of the time he will adopt the classic Weaver Stance.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 03:58:54 AM »
If i lived in the US i would definitely go shooting on a range. get a nice 9 mm.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 05:09:35 AM »
Say what you want about Seagal as a Martial Artist but no one in the movies knows how to handle a gun better than he does. Chuck Norris is the only other one that seems to be very familiar with guns and knows how to properly hold, fire and maneuver with it. Chances are that if someone's carry gun is a 1911 then he's a serious gun guy. Seagal always uses a 1911 in his movies. And since movie producers don't know shit about guns it's highly likely that Seagal request and insists on a 1911.

Although you will see him occasionally shooting one handed in his movies for drama's sake most of the time he will adopt the classic Weaver Stance.

Agreed. In one movie, Seagal is using a Colt 1911, which is not a "beginners gun" and he performed a picture perfect press-check to see that a round was in the chamber. It was noted.

His runs oddly in Above the Law.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 05:13:18 AM »
If i lived in the US i would definitely go shooting on a range. get a nice 9 mm.

Depending on where you live, a range is optional. I just shoot in my backyard. Sometimes suppressed, sometimes not. The guy over the next hill is a full-auto AK enthusiast and I can hear him burning 30 round mags into his berm.

Little known fact that the state has preemption on local noise ordinances in the case of gunfire. What that means is that if you are making a bunch of racket with a party, the cops can come tell you to shut up. But, if you are making a bunch of racket with guns, the cops can't tell you to do anything.

There's a reason that the state's motto is "Live Free or Die"

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2015, 05:22:21 AM »
Depending on where you live, a range is optional. I just shoot in my backyard. Sometimes suppressed, sometimes not. The guy over the next hill is a full-auto AK enthusiast and I can hear him burning 30 round mags into his berm.

Little known fact that the state has preemption on local noise ordinances in the case of gunfire. What that means is that if you are making a bunch of racket with a party, the cops can come tell you to shut up. But, if you are making a bunch of racket with guns, the cops can't tell you to do anything.

There's a reason that the state's motto is "Live Free or Die"
I always liked shooting a 9mm. would like it where you live. Hell...get myself a Sherman ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2015, 05:28:52 AM »
I always liked shooting a 9mm. would like it where you live. Hell...get myself a Sherman ;D

I used to not like the 9, but modern ammo has made it almost as effective as a .45 ACP and not discernible from the .40. I have a Glock in all the sizes, but honest the Glock 19 is probably the perfect handgun. Small, light, 15 rounds in a standard mag, controllable, concealable. I have 3 of them scattered about.

LEOs in the U.S. are starting to go back to the 9 because it's easier for their officers that don't train regularly.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2015, 05:32:57 AM »
I used to not like the 9, but modern ammo has made it almost as effective as a .45 ACP and not discernible from the .40. I have a Glock in all the sizes, but honest the Glock 19 is probably the perfect handgun. Small, light, 15 rounds in a standard mag, controllable, concealable. I have 3 of them scattered about.

LEOs in the U.S. are starting to go back to the 9 because it's easier for their officers that don't train regularly.
sounds like you know your Guns -aj- only 9mm i fired was the 9mm sterling and browning High power 9mm pistol. Standard British Army issue at my time.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2015, 05:38:41 AM »
sounds like you know your Guns -aj- only 9mm i fired was the 9mm sterling and browning High power 9mm pistol. Standard British Army issue at my time.

My mom taught me to shoot when I was 6 and it's been a life-long love. I've taught civilians, LEO and military how to use pistol, rifle, shotgun and SMG.

The first gun I ever bought was a BHP and it was the only gun I've ever sold (I still know the guy who has it so I could get it back). Loved the ergonomics of the BHP, but it had a bad deign flaw in that the feed ramp could only reliably feed ball ammo. Any modern hollow point would get jammed.

Had some fun riding a friend's Sterling here. Very nice and controllable. Always preferred the MP5 for a 9mm SMG, though.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2015, 05:44:55 AM »
The first gun I ever bought was a BHP and it was the only gun I've ever sold (I still know the guy who has it so I could get it back). Loved the ergonomics of the BHP, but it had a bad deign flaw in that the feed ramp could only reliably feed ball ammo. Any modern hollow point would get jammed.

Had some fun riding a friend's Sterling here. Very nice and controllable. Always preferred the MP5 for a 9mm SMG, though.
9mm smg was my personal weapon in the artillery. I canīt tell you how often it swung round when bringing the Gun into action and smacked my face. it was a very Basic weapon and not that accurate. the SLR was another Beast though. 7.62 mm of high power.

geeizback

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2015, 05:50:22 AM »
SLR was a hell of a weapon- when the SA80 came in it baffled me. SUSAT sights etc etc but just seemed a weird weapon.

I did some range shooting at a Canadian army base in Lahr Germany. Fantastic fun

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2015, 05:52:52 AM »
9mm smg was my personal weapon in the artillery. I canīt tell you how often it swung round when bringing the Gun into action and smacked my face. it was a very Basic weapon and not that accurate. the SLR was another Beast though. 7.62 mm of high power.

Ahh the SLR. We typically call it the FAL here in the states and it's probably my favorite 7.62x51 battle rifle. I have a friend that's selling his para version and I've been trying to talk him down on price.

The big debate among battle rifle folks is the M-14 versus the FAL. I have a tricked out scoped SR-25 and it's my favorite longer range weapon (out to about 600m). Thinking about a nice .338 Lapua for those occasional 1000m head shots.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2015, 06:01:36 AM »
SLR was a hell of a weapon- when the SA80 came in it baffled me. SUSAT sights etc etc but just seemed a weird weapon.

I did some range shooting at a Canadian army base in Lahr Germany. Fantastic fun
we had this for the SLR too. Also night vision but it was very big and unbalanced the weapon. Notice the Guy in the Film does not understand the Weapon..he needs to adjust the Gas Regulator at the front.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2015, 06:07:23 AM »
Ahh the SLR. We typically call it the FAL here in the states and it's probably my favorite 7.62x51 battle rifle. I have a friend that's selling his para version and I've been trying to talk him down on price.

The big debate among battle rifle folks is the M-14 versus the FAL. I have a tricked out scoped SR-25 and it's my favorite longer range weapon (out to about 600m). Thinking about a nice .338 Lapua for those occasional 1000m head shots.
SLR shooting with iron sights was a Mans Rifle. You were a Marksman on this, you were good. the Sa80 which i fired later (1st version) was very accurate but a bag of Bollocks. give me an SLR anyday. Lovely Rifle.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2015, 06:17:51 AM »
SLR shooting with iron sights was a Mans Rifle. You were a Marksman on this, you were good. the Sa80 which i fired later (1st version) was very accurate but a bag of Bollocks. give me an SLR anyday. Lovely Rifle.

Haha! I remember emptying a 20 round mag offhand in one trigger pull on auto. It was like getting hit with a jackhammer.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2015, 06:27:26 AM »
Haha! I remember emptying a 20 round mag offhand in one trigger pull on auto. It was like getting hit with a jackhammer.
to make it fire like that there was a trick with a match head.. ;)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2015, 06:30:42 AM »
to make it fire like that there was a trick with a match head.. ;)

The FAL had a happy-switch.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2015, 06:36:32 AM »
The FAL had a happy-switch.
On the ranges they showed us a trick with a match head to make the SLR automatic. This was not standard practise but one of the Instructors showed us this. Was a long time ago. itīs like shooting the 9mm Browning, on operations like N Ireland the Instructors showed you the Double Tap. this was to kill not wound.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2015, 06:39:54 AM »
On the ranges they showed us a trick with a match head to make the SLR automatic. This was not standard practise but one of the Instructors showed us this. Was a long time ago. itīs like shooting the 9mm Browning, on operations like N Ireland the Instructors showed you the Double Tap. this was to kill not wound.

You're gonna bring in the nationalists to this thread soon. Then it'll be ruined.

I liked to drill Mozambique. It takes a while to get the cadence right.