Author Topic: Boston Redsox woman hit with bat  (Read 8893 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Boston Redsox woman hit with bat
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2015, 07:34:29 PM »
:D I can't argue. Just what I grew up with I guess

I also think there is no strategy to baseball. At least with baseball, basketball, and hockey, you have different plays and strategies and formations. You change your style according to the other team.

In baseball, you hit a ball and run.
X

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2015, 07:38:17 PM »
I also think there is no strategy to baseball. At least with baseball, basketball, and hockey, you have different plays and strategies and formations. You change your style according to the other team.

The strategy is most surrounding the pitcher & catcher. What type of pitches the pitcher throws. And also the manager calling the pull pen and using relief pitchers.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2015, 07:41:18 PM »
The strategy is most surrounding the pitcher & catcher. What type of pitches the pitcher throws. And also the manager calling the pull pen and using relief pitchers.

Exactly. Really no strategy except for one player. For example, the player in the outfield is really just standing there until the ball is  hit to him.

In baseball, football and hockey, every player needs to know exactly where to be at every moment.

I hate baseball.
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »
Exactly. Really no strategy except for one player. For example, the player in the outfield is really just standing there until the ball is  hit to him.

In baseball, football and hockey, every player needs to know exactly where to be at every moment.

I hate baseball.

Every once in a while there is a shift.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2015, 07:53:30 PM »

Exactly. Really no strategy except for one player. For example, the player in the outfield is really just standing there until the ball is  hit to him.

I hate baseball.

WTF ???

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2015, 07:58:32 PM »

WTF ???

didnt mean to write baseball in those 2 spots.

I was watching the stanley cup and was distracted.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2015, 08:00:29 PM »
Every once in a while there is a shift.

A shift in what?
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2015, 08:06:32 PM »
A shift in what?

The coach will for examples have the fielders move or "shift" towards say the left because a certain batter tends to hit more in that area.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2015, 08:11:16 PM »
The coach will for examples have the fielders move or "shift" towards say the left because a certain batter tends to hit more in that area.

Oh brotha lol. Yes, that takes brains. Move 5 feet to the left because X player hits that way. lol. Lame. Like, that even really matters in the grand scheme of things. Can you even point to 10 instances where this hugely mattered in a game? Like, it was make or break for the team.

Much different than hockey or football where you have to pretty much know where every player is at every moment of a game.

X

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2015, 08:23:26 PM »

You have no idea what are you talking about .

I could give tons of examples, but Ill let you with one that happens often

In baseball there's more pressure and more momentum building than any other sport...

For example ...  In the bottom of 7th inning while you're the defense ; you know you'll be due up in the top of the 8th and the other team will give the base intentionally to the batter ahead of you to FACE YOU,  talk about pressure .. when you'll be standing on the batters box ALONE 45,000 people trashing you cuz you have a low average with players in scoring position the other team will change their fielding position according to the balls youre more likely to hit to get you out, not to mention they can always bring another pitcher in the given case that you got in deed good numbers against current pitcher.

Think about it, youre shitting in your pants and that moment hasn't even arrived yet, cant think of other sport with such pressure /expectations

Is the only sport that when you're batting is just you against the whole team youre playing against.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHH  PEPTO BISMOL

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2015, 08:33:17 PM »
You have no idea what are you talking about .

I could give tons of examples, but Ill let you with one that happens often

In baseball there's more pressure and more momentum building than any other sport...

For example ...  In the bottom of 7th inning while you're the defense ; you know you'll be due up in the top of the 8th and the other team will give the base intentionally to the batter ahead of you to FACE YOU,  talk about pressure .. when you'll be standing on the batters box ALONE 45,000 people trashing you cuz you have a low average with players in scoring position the other team will change their fielding position according to the balls youre more likely to hit to get you out, not to mention they can even bring another pitcher in the given case that you are in deed a fenomenal batter against current pitcher.

Think about it, youre shitting in your pants and that moment hasn't arrived yet, cant think of other sport with such pressure /expectations

Is the only sport that when you're batting is just you against the whole team youre playing against.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHH  PEPTO BISMOL

Strategy may sometimes come into a baseball game, like the instance you describe. Even then, that is much different than football, where youre almost calling a different play every single time, and each player will be potentially in a different position every time. Similar to hockey or even basketball.

For the most part, in baseball, youre just standing around until something exciting happens. Strategy may come into play during key moments. Other than that, the guy hits the ball and run.

OS TR AKA

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHH

Tums
X

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2015, 08:38:45 PM »
Strategy may sometimes come into a baseball game, like the instance you describe. Even then, that is much different than football, where youre almost calling a different play every single time, and each player will be potentially in a different position every time. Similar to hockey or even basketball.

For the most part, in baseball, youre just standing around until something exciting happens. Strategy may come into play during key moments. Other than that, the guy hits the ball and run.

OS TR AKA

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHH

Tums

LOL  Just say you don't like baseball ...Is more than just hit the ball and run , trust me .

WoooSSSHHHH   TA NA KA

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2015, 08:43:15 PM »
LOL  Just say you don't like baseball ...Is more than just hit the ball and run , trust me .

WoooSSSHHHH   TA NA KA

I already said above that I hate baseball. Its boring and, in my opinion, there is little strategy involved when compared to other sports.

WoooSSSHHH  BA NA NA

Excedrin
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2015, 08:47:54 PM »
Baseball is incredibly boring. They do gotta play a lot of games in a season though, that's the tough part. Compare that to NFL, lol, but the NFL has major life threatening impact every game, baseball? Not really, some fan gets hurt, lol and that's pretty much it!
?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2015, 08:51:34 PM »
Baseball is incredibly boring. They do gotta play a lot of games in a season though, that's the tough part. Compare that to NFL, lol, but the NFL has major life threatening impact every game, baseball? Not really, some fan gets hurt, lol and that's pretty much it!

When you don't understand a sport you can only hope for an accident or a "life threatening " event ... lol

To play at that level a full season in a period of 180 plus day it can consume the best of them all  .

WooooSSSHHHHHHHH  BE YE KE

AROD the best player of all time !

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2015, 08:59:10 PM »
When you don't understand a sport you can only hope for an accident or a "life threatening " event ... lol

To play at that level a full season in a period of 180 plus day it can consume the best of them all  .

Yes, those outfielders who stand around at least 90% of the game have it really difficult.

CA BA NA WooSSSHHHHHH

Naproxen Sodium
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2015, 10:00:47 PM »

you don't have to understand something to like it.
I like women, yet don't understand them..

I don't await dangerous things to happen, just exciting ones. I don't see this in baseball. YOu can see all the cool parts of a game on the news in 30 seconds.
?

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2015, 11:11:14 PM »
You dumbfucks have no clue what you're talking about.  In baseball, every action, every single pitch, has a strategy behind it.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 01:23:24 AM »
You dumbfucks have no clue what you're talking about.  In baseball, every action, every single pitch, has a strategy behind it.
Agree. And those guys who just stand around 'doing nothing' have years and years of training, and god-given ability, behind them to make it look like nothing. Put yourself beside them on the field and they would make you look like nothing in seconds flat. Find the game boring? Fine. But these guys are amazing at what they do.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 04:34:25 AM »
Agree. And those guys who just stand around 'doing nothing' have years and years of training, and god-given ability, behind them to make it look like nothing. Put yourself beside them on the field and they would make you look like nothing in seconds flat. Find the game boring? Fine. But these guys are amazing at what they do.

Probably MORE strategy than the other sports - every batter, every pitch.  Games within games within games.

Heck, just read this.  It's one small excerpt on teaching pitching strategy to kids:

What did the hitter just teach me to throw next?

Here’s what I mean:

If we throw a hitter a fastball on the inside part of the plate and he doesn't swing, what did the hitter just teach us to do on the very next pitch?

» He taught us that he may not have enough bat speed to get the head of the bat out in front—so throw it again.

If we throw a fastball and the hitter pulls the ball, what did the hitter just teach us to do on the very next pitch?

» He taught us he has speeded up his bat, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to go right back inside to him. So what you want to do is make him slow his bat down by throwing either a change-up or a curve ball.

If we throw a fastball up in the zone and the hitter chases it, what did the hitter just teach us to do on the next pitch?

» He taught us that he is undisciplined and we can throw another fastball up even higher or throw a curveball down in the zone.

Can you see what we are doing here?

We are making the hitter make a lot of adjustments.

We throw fastballs to increase his bat speed—we throw change-ups to slow it down.

We throw curve balls down to slow up his bat and get his eyes going down, and then go up with a fastball to speed up his bat and make his eyes go up.

Slow it down—speed it up. Make his eyes go up and then down, or down and then up.

Pitching smart is all about constantly making the hitter change his bat speed and eye level...

...and moving his feet.

But always remember:

What we want to know most is how the hitter is reacting to our fastball.

If he can't catch up to it, or he can't hit it when it is thrown in a particular location—then we can go back with it in that location.

But we don't want to do that more than twice in a row.

Because if we give him that same pitch forcing him to speed up his bat, and then we throw it more than twice in a row, we are giving him an edge.
Y

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2015, 04:41:45 AM »
Yes, those outfielders who stand around at least 90% of the game have it really difficult.

CA BA NA WooSSSHHHHHH

Naproxen Sodium

Keep focusing on the outfielders only  ......

LOL 

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H  BE YE KE

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2015, 04:46:07 AM »
I already said above that I hate baseball. Its boring and, in my opinion, there is little strategy involved when compared to other sports.

WoooSSSHHH  BA NA NA

Excedrin

And that's why I said just say you don't like it .......no need to point that you have no clue of the strategy of the game.

I don't like Hockey a bunch the strategy behind it is still not attractive to my liking .

Btw, can you name a reason why a brother doesn't play hockey ??

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHH   BE YE KE