Author Topic: Ted Cruz Requires Background Check Before Letting Supporters Shoot With Him  (Read 2821 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ted Cruz Requires Background Check Before Letting Supporters Shoot With Him

After the Sandy Hook massacre in 2012, a bill expanding background checks nationwide which was championed by President Obama, was defeated. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) helped to lead the effort to defeat the bill in 2013.

Gun lobbyists loved Ted Cruz, but now in 2015, he just accidentally on purpose threw his support behind background checks.

Cruz, in a quest for donations, launched a "shooting excursion" for his presidential campaign.

Talking Points Memo reports: But there's a catch: the winner may have to endure a background check first.

Read more: http://crooksandliars.com/2015/06/ted-cruz-requires-background-check-letting

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
sequel to Dick Cheney shooting.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I assume  the NRA will soon be denouncing Cruz

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I like Cruz and support him in 2016.  But I don't like this move. 

Be consistent.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Sort of like Cruz denouncing federal aid years ago and suddenly standing there with his hand out this year?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Why?.......Since Kris Kyle was murdered why not. 240 you're really digging here.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Why?.......Since Kris Kyle was murdered why not. 240 you're really digging here.

I support background checks for buying guns.   and agreed, I support checking the background in this case too. 
We are in agreement.

BUT the hypocrisy comes when Cruz suddenly requires it for those around HIM, but not for the safety of the rest of Americans.  Ted Cruz fought against background checks for all gun purchases - Remember?  He thinks anyone should be able to buy guns, without a simple background check to see if the person was just released from mental ward, prison, etc - But when it comes to his OWN safety, a different set of standards apply.

That's the point here.  I like cruz and still support him, but this is a valid point.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
You find the most bullshit things to dig on.....you don't support cruz or any republican...come on 240. Obama has said in the past few days that there is no solid plan for defeating ISIS and then threw the DOD under the bus and that the dollar is to strong or some crap....nary a thread on either.But we get a cruz/rubio/repub thread every 10 minutes.
L

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
You find the most bullshit things to dig on.....you don't support cruz or any republican...come on 240. Obama has said in the past few days that there is no solid plan for defeating ISIS and then threw the DOD under the bus and that the dollar is to strong or some crap....nary a thread on either.But we get a cruz/rubio/repub thread every 10 minutes.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm starting to believe this is all a troll job with 240's support of Cruz.

He has been increasingly critical of his politics here lately.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

I support Cruz in 2016.   I think he's the best chance for a win.  RINOs don't win.  Conseervatives win women, and win the election.  See: 80, 84, 88, 2000, 2004, 2010.

Now... back to the thread here.  You went on an 'attack 240' direction.  The thread is about Cruz.  Do you see why his position on this issue is odd?  Doesn't care if crazy/bad guys buy guns, as long as it doesn't apply to him?  Come on.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm starting to believe this is all a troll job with 240's support of Cruz.

I believe I'm MORE credible in my support of Cruz when I'm willing to point out all his flaws - but still explain why he's the only chance for a GOP win in 2016 (as I did above with the women vote stat).

I don't trust the cat who can't admit obama is in bed with bill ayers, or can't admit Bush presidency was pushed by war machine.  I don't trust the cat who can't admit Reagan was an amnesty lib big spender, or that Clinton was a disgrace, a wet spot on the decade.

I admit I don't like this hypocrisy by Cruz, but still openly endorse him for the presidency.  And I'd like to see him run against Sanders, if that was possible, so that the extreme viewpoints lead the election - no more dem/hawk vs RINOs. 

So if 100% kneepadding, and complete denial of a candidate's weakness is what you want, then sorry, that's not me.  If you want me to tell you why Cruz can/will fix America, and I'm the first to admit his weaknesses... to me, that's way more credible, and more likely to convince others to look at Cruz and say "wow, he really does have some great positions".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So the NRA opposes background checks if you want to buy a gun but apparently if you want to actually shoot the gun near Ted Cruz then you need a background check?

Why is citizen Cruz so special?

Plenty of other politicians have gone hunting or shooting with their fellow citizens without needing this

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Aside from the gun hypocrisy... what else have I said bad about Cruz?  

"Increasingly"?   ???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Aside from the gun hypocrisy... what else have I said bad about Cruz?  

"Increasingly"?   ???

I assume you're fine with Cruz getting on Obamacare even though he and his wife are wealthy and can easily afford to buy private health insurance just like millions of other Americans (myself included)

WTF man - just the optics alone are ridiculous.  Why doesn't Cruz just pay a few extra bucks a month not to look like a hypocrite?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I believe I'm MORE credible in my support of Cruz when I'm willing to point out all his flaws - but still explain why he's the only chance for a GOP win in 2016 (as I did above with the women vote stat).

I don't trust the cat who can't admit obama is in bed with bill ayers, or can't admit Bush presidency was pushed by war machine.  I don't trust the cat who can't admit Reagan was an amnesty lib big spender, or that Clinton was a disgrace, a wet spot on the decade.

I admit I don't like this hypocrisy by Cruz, but still openly endorse him for the presidency.  And I'd like to see him run against Sanders, if that was possible, so that the extreme viewpoints lead the election - no more dem/hawk vs RINOs. 

So if 100% kneepadding, and complete denial of a candidate's weakness is what you want, then sorry, that's not me.  If you want me to tell you why Cruz can/will fix America, and I'm the first to admit his weaknesses... to me, that's way more credible, and more likely to convince others to look at Cruz and say "wow, he really does have some great positions".

Hillary is a flawed candidate who chokes going down the stretch of a campaign.

You are out of your mind if you think Rubio cannot win in an election versus her.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I assume you're fine with Cruz getting on Obamacare even though he and his wife are wealthy and can easily afford to buy private health insurance just like millions of other Americans (myself included)

WTF man - just the optics alone are ridiculous.  Why doesn't Cruz just pay a few extra bucks a month not to look like a hypocrite?

Cruz is a hypcrite on a few issues, I'll give you that.  But I think he will curb the insane spending in washington, and I think the other repubs in the race (and certainly not hilary) - I think none of them will cut back the spending.

I think Cruz will.  So I can overlook him using obamacare while shitting on it, and I can overlook him enjoying background checks while bending over for NRA demands on background checks.  Obviously, Cruz personally is okay with them, but he needs that gun lobby to win.

outside of all that, I think Cruz will fix things.   Period.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

You are out of your mind if you think Rubio cannot win in an election versus her.

youre outta your mind if you think Rubio is anytthing but RINO Mccain II. 

Rubio won't fix/change a thing, and he lacks the depth, gravitas, the demeanor to stare down a Putin.   He lacks it.  Jeb has it.  Perry has it.  Huck has it.  Rubio is nervously drinking water - he doesn't have that strong, dignified statesmanship yet.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
youre outta your mind if you think Rubio is anytthing but RINO Mccain II. 

Rubio won't fix/change a thing, and he lacks the depth, gravitas, the demeanor to stare down a Putin.   He lacks it.  Jeb has it.  Perry has it.  Huck has it.  Rubio is nervously drinking water - he doesn't have that strong, dignified statesmanship yet.

McCain was 107 years old and looked/acted like a crotchety old bastard when he ran for President in 2008. And he was up against an EXTREMELY CHARISMATIC young candidate with a ton of energy. That skinflint never even had a prayer.

How can you even compare the two?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Cruz is a hypcrite on a few issues, I'll give you that.  But I think he will curb the insane spending in washington, and I think the other repubs in the race (and certainly not hilary) - I think none of them will cut back the spending.

I think Cruz will.  So I can overlook him using obamacare while shitting on it, and I can overlook him enjoying background checks while bending over for NRA demands on background checks.  Obviously, Cruz personally is okay with them, but he needs that gun lobby to win.

outside of all that, I think Cruz will fix things.   Period.

try to keep in mind that Cruz is hated by his own party (which makes it very hard to win the party nomination - especially when the candidate will be chosen by a hand full of billionaires and not the voters) and does not have a broad support in the country

he is liked be a small group of fellow nutbags and that's it

He is dead man walking as are many other candidates (they know it as well)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
McCain was 107 years old and looked/acted like a crotchety old bastard when he ran for President in 2008. And he was up against an EXTREMELY CHARISMATIC young candidate with a ton of energy. That skinflint never even had a prayer.

How can you even compare the two?

on policy.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
try to keep in mind that Cruz is hated by his own party (which makes it very hard to win the party nomination - especially when the candidate will be chosen by a hand full of billionaires and not the voters) and does not have a broad support in the country

he is liked be a small group of fellow nutbags and that's it

He is dead man walking as are many other candidates (they know it as well)

He's hated by the Rino's. Cruz can win...maybe not in 16' but he can win. I don't think its his job to win but maybe to say what others are thinking about Hil and Obama.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V

Yup.......

I think Perry/Walker/Rubio/ and a few others can beat her. She is unlikable folks....she is not Bill.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Huh?

Hillary Clinton did not say she specifically supports $15 an hour minimum wage," said co-host Willie Geist. "She supports those workers' fight to get the fifteen dollars."
"What? I don't get it," Brzezinski said.

"She supports an increase, but not necessarily at the $15 that they’re fighting for," said Bloomberg’s Mark Halperin. "It is another issue on which she's not taking a firm position."

Frequent guest Mike Barnicle wondered aloud when "she's going to step this thing up."

L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
He's hated by the Rino's. Cruz can win...maybe not in 16' but he can win. I don't think its his job to win but maybe to say what others are thinking about Hil and Obama.

How does being hated by so called RINO's along with being hated by the party establishment (which you need if you want to be the candidate) along with have zero crossover appeal to independents = success in a national election

Ron Paul had some actual appeal to independents and even some Dems and yet he couldn't do shit in a national election

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Yup.......

I think Perry/Walker/Rubio/ and a few others can beat her. She is unlikable folks....she is not Bill.

Walker maybe.  Perry and Rubio have no chance at all against her.