Author Topic: Perry calls Charleston massacre an “accident”  (Read 2195 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Perry calls Charleston massacre an “accident”
« on: June 20, 2015, 12:03:27 AM »
 ???  ???  ??? HUH?

ASHINGTON — Rick Perry asserted Friday that President Obama succumbed to a “knee jerk” liberal impulse to use the massacre at a black church in Charleston to push a gun-control agenda.

Perry appeared on Steve Malzberg’s Newsmax TV program. Right Wing Watch, a group that monitors conservatives, reported on the appearance.

“This is the MO of this administration anytime there is an accident like this,” Perry said, asserting that since Obama “doesn’t like guns… he uses every opportunity” to push an anti-gun agenda.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Perry calls Charleston massacre an “accident”
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 07:11:40 AM »
Others have called it the pastors fault -  ::) -  and Obamas fault for not allowing church members to carry concealed weapons to services -  ::)  ::) -

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 09:14:09 AM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:05:59 AM »
Oops! ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 05:55:14 AM »
Day After "Accident" Remark, Perry Strikes Somber Tone

WASHINGTON — A day after stirring controversy for referring to the Charleston shootings as an "accident," former Gov. Rick Perry at a social conservative event here on Saturday repeatedly called the massacre a “hate crime."

“We must look at this and understand and respect that this was a clear hate crime,” he told reporters after a Faith and Freedom Coalition event in the morning.

Perry — who is said to have little room for error in his 2016 presidential bid after his gaffe-filled campaign four years ago — found himself at the center of a firestorm on Friday when he described the shootings as an accident and speculated prescription drug abuse as a cause.

The Perry campaign on Friday quickly clarified his statements, saying he intended to say “incident.” But the flub drew comparisons on social media to Perry’s 2011 “oops” moment, possibly inhibiting his intensive, years-long image rehabilitation effort.

Read more: http://www.texastribune.org/2015/06/20/perry-calls-south-carolina-shootings-hate-crime/

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 07:45:25 AM »
I think he ment incident.....but of course he's a an evil repub and 240 jumped all over it...oddly aligned with the MSM.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 07:49:37 AM »
I think he ment incident.....but of course he's a an evil repub and 240 jumped all over it...oddly aligned with the MSM.

when a person is president, every word matters.  When the nation is mourning a hate crime, it's a good idea to speak a little slower and get the word right.  I think Perry is one of the top 3 likely repubs to win it.  But I think he should read his statement over and over and prepare.  He wasn't casually talking about sports scores, he was talking about some ruthless, hate crime, possible terrorist shit.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 08:28:32 AM »

yeah because Repubs and Fox News (you know, the real MSM) don't look for every opportunity to critique and criticize every single word and gesture of Obama or any other high profile Dem

btw - even referring to gunning down 9 people in cold blood as an incident is an attempt to downplay and deflect.

then again, this shit is so common in the US that maybe a man with a gun killing 9 people in a church really is just nothing more than an incident in this country.   Just part of life really.  I think I heard that this has type of "incident" has happened 14 times since Obama's been in office. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:18 AM »
Look...he made a mistake......the douchbag in the whitehouse took all of 40 seconds to mention guns as the issue.That other idiot O' Malley blamed assualt weapons...it was a hand gun. Hilary mentioned common sense gun laws....which one would have prevented this...and yet we are all worried about Rick Perry. Nice try.....
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 08:38:52 AM »
Hilary mentioned common sense gun laws....which one would have prevented this

the shooter could not legally buy the gun due to mental issues.

he had to receive the gun as a gift, which is a heck of a loophole that I'd like to see closed.  If you want to "give" a gun, then the person cannot be crazy or a felon.  Common sense, you bet that is.

I hate the idea that a felon or crazy man can buy dozens of guns or receive them as 'gifts'.  But they can. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »
Look...he made a mistake......the douchbag in the whitehouse took all of 40 seconds to mention guns as the issue.That other idiot O' Malley blamed assualt weapons...it was a hand gun. Hilary mentioned common sense gun laws....which one would have prevented this...and yet we are all worried about Rick Perry. Nice try.....

weird that Obama would want to bring guns, a topic of ongoing debate in this country right after yet another mass murder by a person with a gun

what an odd time to bring up that subject

right?

yes, if common sense gun laws can't prevent all gun violence then it's pointless to have any gun laws

same thing goes for abortion right?

If laws can't stop all abortions (even illegal ones) then there is no point whatsover in having any abortions laws

btw - I have no idea what your views are on abortion.  I'm just making a simple comparison of two political issues which some can say have similarities since fundie Repubs will tell you aborting a 1 month old cluster of cells is murder of an innocent life.  Whether you agree with that or not I'm sure we can all agree that gunning down 9 people in a church definitely meets that standard.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 09:03:59 AM »
i'm confused what people are arguing about -

The kid could not LEGALLY buy a gun.  So his dad gave him one.  Think on that.  

It's completely cool to love guns AND AT THE SAME TIME dislike the loophole law which allows felons/crazies to obtain guns thru gifting or private sales.  

I do not get it. They're not coming after guns, no way.  They just want to keep felons and mental cases from getting hands on guns.  This kid doesn't have a gun unless dad gives him one.  He was legit crazy. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 09:09:28 AM »

It's completely cool to love guns AND AT THE SAME TIME dislike the loophole law which allows felons/crazies to obtain guns thru gifting or private sales.  

I do not get it. They're not coming after guns, no way.  They just want to keep felons and mental cases from getting hands on guns.  This kid doesn't have a gun unless dad gives him one.  He was legit crazy. 

it doesn't matter

he could have stolen a gun so therefore the only option left for us is to do nothing

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 09:18:07 AM »
it doesn't matter

he could have stolen a gun so therefore the only option left for us is to do nothing

Aliens could have given him the gun.  Maybe he made it on a printer.   Lots of "could be's..."

In this example, he didn't do that, so we can't intro random possibilities.  He could not legally buy a gun.  So he got one thru a legal loophole. IN this case, his law that I hate is the EXACT reason he was able to get his hands on a gun. 

I know we automatically hate ALL gun legislation... when obama tried to make it harder for felons to buy full auto - wtf - people were pissed.   When obama tried to limit import of foreign weaponry, people were pissed.

Now obama wants to make sure crazy people and felons have less access to firearms.  He wants to close the completely legal way they can buy a weapon they legally cannot have.   And everyone is pissed.  I don't get it. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »
Aliens could have given him the gun.  Maybe he made it on a printer.   Lots of "could be's..."

In this example, he didn't do that, so we can't intro random possibilities.  He could not legally buy a gun.  So he got one thru a legal loophole. IN this case, his law that I hate is the EXACT reason he was able to get his hands on a gun. 

I know we automatically hate ALL gun legislation... when obama tried to make it harder for felons to buy full auto - wtf - people were pissed.   When obama tried to limit import of foreign weaponry, people were pissed.

Now obama wants to make sure crazy people and felons have less access to firearms.  He wants to close the completely legal way they can buy a weapon they legally cannot have.   And everyone is pissed.  I don't get it. 

again, if we can't stop all gun violence then there is no point in doing anything

that is what some Repubs want you to believe

BUT

only on this issue

never on anything else

it ONLY applies to this issue

do you get it now?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 09:42:59 AM »
again, if we can't stop all gun violence then there is no point in doing anything
that is what some Repubs want you to believe
BUT
only on this issue
never on anything else
it ONLY applies to this issue
do you get it now?

If we close the loophole and even ONE crazy/felon is unable to get a gun, then it was worth it. 

Also, anyone who has ever been to a gun show and seen the idiots walking about with four AR-15s handing off them with "$1500 firm" cardboard hanging on each gun....   the loophole prices are insanely high.  If you want a glock, you go pay your $525 or whatever at the table and you get a brand new one.  This "paying 900 for a used glock without paperwork" just screams shady - overpaying so your gun is secret, so you can be a felon and still get one.

There ain't much reason for law-abiding, sane people to buy loophole gun.  Same with "gifting" - if you want to buy your kid a new 45, you take him gun shopping and let him buy something legally.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 09:47:33 AM »
If we close the loophole and even ONE crazy/felon is unable to get a gun, then it was worth it. 

Also, anyone who has ever been to a gun show and seen the idiots walking about with four AR-15s handing off them with "$1500 firm" cardboard hanging on each gun....   the loophole prices are insanely high.  If you want a glock, you go pay your $525 or whatever at the table and you get a brand new one.  This "paying 900 for a used glock without paperwork" just screams shady - overpaying so your gun is secret, so you can be a felon and still get one.

There ain't much reason for law-abiding, sane people to buy loophole gun.  Same with "gifting" - if you want to buy your kid a new 45, you take him gun shopping and let him buy something legally.

there are MANY things that could lessen the incidence and scope of gun violence

but unless it can stop all gun violence then it's pointless to do anything

also this is not the "right time" to be talking about this

talking about ways to prevent gun violence right after a mass shooting is highly offensive to people who oppose any kind of common sense gun legislation

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 10:35:39 AM »

Gifting a gun to him was also not legal. So thats another violation. What law prevents this
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »
Gifting a gun to him was also not legal. So thats another violation. What law prevents this

murder is against the law too yet people still keep doing it

might as well just give up and do nothing

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »

Exactly.  I don't think Perry has a legitimate chance to be the nominee, but he just misspoke.  Very predictable for liberals to jump all over something so minor. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 10:54:08 AM »
Exactly.  I don't think Perry has a legitimate chance to be the nominee, but he just misspoke.  Very predictable for liberals to jump all over something so minor. 

also very predictable that Repubs are completely oblivious to the fact that they do the EXACT SAME THING ALL THE TIME

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 11:00:54 AM »

but obama truly, really, honestly believes there are 57 states.  Remember?  He's that 'dumb'.  Truly. 

???  Correct - as I stated, gifting = loophole just much as selling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole

The loophole refers to a perceived gap in the law with regard to sales or transfers of firearms between private citizens.

So to be clear, banning the loophole is what prevents this. Sale OR transfer/gift.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 11:02:45 AM »
but obama truly, really, honestly believes there are 57 states.  Remember?  He's that 'dumb'.  Truly. 

???  Correct - as I stated, gifting = loophole just much as selling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole

The loophole refers to a perceived gap in the law with regard to sales or transfers of firearms between private citizens.

So to be clear, banning the loophole is what prevents this. Sale OR transfer/gift.

Small minded issue for small minded low information voters. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 11:14:40 AM »
Small minded issue for small minded low information voters.  

No.  Without this 'small minded issue', this idiot doesn't have the gun to shoot people in the church.

for once, we have a direct link between the loophall law on gifting weapons, and the weapon being used by a people who should NOT have been allowed to have it, to kill a bunch of people.

Small minded issue?  hardly.  Criminals and cazies don't need guns, that's my position, even if you consider that to be low info issue.   Felons and mentally-declined can still buy guns, doesn't that rub you the wrong way?

I'm shaking my head.  Keep the guns out of bad guys hands, isn't that the goal?  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 11:17:42 AM »
No.  Without this 'small minded issue', this idiot doesn't have the gun to shoot people in the church.

for once, we have a direct link between the loophall law on gifting weapons, and the weapon being used by a people who should NOT have been allowed to have it, to kill a bunch of people.

Small minded issue?  hardly.  Criminals and cazies don't need guns, that's my position, even if you consider that to be low info issue.   Felons and mentally-declined can still buy guns, doesn't that rub you the wrong way?

I'm shaking my head.  Keep the guns out of bad guys hands, isn't that the goal?  

How..without infringing on our current rights?
L