Author Topic: art of the binge  (Read 18314 times)

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Re: art of the binge
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »
One thing I like about this guy is he recognizes that genetically he doesn't have much muscle. He knows there's nothing to develop. Too many guys equate fat with muse particularly extreme ectomorphs.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2015, 06:44:14 PM »
I think this may help:

Watch This:  https://vimeo.com/11064775

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2015, 06:47:07 PM »
stop trying to control everything and just let go

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2015, 12:05:27 AM »
the next day: sitting around in a daze...

Thanks for the post man, I completely agree.  The thing is, I'm learning with every binge.  It's crazy how much more you notice when you take dieting to the extreme... you become super sensitive and learn about physiological effects you were ignorant of your entire life.

I think each time I come a little closer to normalcy.  For example, yeah, this might have been my worst binge ever, but that's because, two binges ago, I noticed: even after stuffing myself on dinner, I could still pack down cookies, cakes, etc.  Then I realized that the less fatty and more sugary the dessert, the more I could eat.  This series of realizations led to last night, where I learned that I really can suffer seriously from a single meal if I use these strategies to take it as far as possible.  Before, I thought 'how much can a single meal hurt'.  I'd never had an experience like this before -- losing a whole day, as if "hung over".

Anyway, as I said, I'm learning.  I've hit what I consider to be pretty much the most extreme I ever care to take a binge: that's one more curiosity satisfied.  In the future, I'll try to limit myself so that I don't get sick, and just have as much fun as possible.  I'm trying to emphasize the positive aspects of the binge, and minimize the negative: it's something to look forward to after a hard week of work; it's a nice break from continually working on my cooking skills, which allows me to branch out and experience a lot of new food at once, and definitely helps reduce cravings; lastly, it helps me break out of the crazy mindset that I "need" to eat in a 'bodybuilding style', and relieves the concerns I feel about eating non-bodybuilding foods, or even foods I don't prepare myself (as crazy as that may sound).
Looking veiny as a cock!!  :D

Great thread bud!!  ;)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2015, 12:12:59 AM »
I last binged about a week and a half ago.  Oddly, my legs had been swollen (especially ankles) ever since.  This had worried me, since they usually only swell if I stand too much during the day -- and I had been sitting a lot in an attempt to alleviate the swelling.

Anyway, I had been pretty run down, and felt like it was time to binge again.  Had a nice biking workout beforehand:

It's a little hard to tell from this picture, but my calves and angles are smooth and bloated (as you'll see later).

I started by visiting the shop voted to have the "best cookies" in Seattle.  Damn, this place smelled good!!!  I didn't realize they specialized in ice-cream sandwiches.  Anyway, I held back as I had already purchased some sweets beforehand, and only picked up a "habanero orange chocolate chip" and "birthday cake" cookie.  I learned my lesson about over-indulging in sweets from my last binge...

I stowed these away and walked to a sandwich shop, where I picked up a fried chicken leg, pork belly, and roasted pepper sandwich:

While waiting for my order, I began... It was 9:30 PM and all had eaten nothing more than a few miscellaneous samples from a grocery store earlier in the day, about 200 cals.  After my 30 minutes of intervals on the bike, and having walked 10+ miles already at this point, I was ready to begin!  I snarfed the habanero orange chocolate chip cookie.

DELICIOUS!!!  Wow.  I probably only enjoyed it so much because it was my first food of the night, but it was a unique treat, any way you cut it.

Once the sandwich came out, I stashed it away and walked to a nearby bistro.  I ordered the "whole menu", a 12 course meal + a "chocolate comal" for dessert.  Basically a chocolate mousse + crumpled up brownie.  I'd never been to such a "fancy" restaurant before, and I certainly wouldn't go back.  Honestly it was a bit boring.  The menu was almost identical to that listed here, so I didn't bother with pictures:

http://blindpigbistro.com/whole-menu/

The beer bread, zabutan steak in charred eggplant sauce, and fried egg noodles were the best courses.

At this point, it was already 11 PM, so I had missed the opportunity to visit a famous noodle shop I'd wanted to try.  I started looking up "best late night dining" spots, and the most recommended was "biscuit bitch".  It was about 2 miles away, so I started my trek.

While travelling, I downed an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, plain chocolate chip cookie, a tiny lemon cookie, a raspberry rugelach, and a small chocolate-dipped peanut butter fudge wedge, all of which I had picked up at whole foods.  At this point, I felt satisfied.  This is the point I'll stop, in the future, I think... lol.

When I finally got to biscuit bitch, I knew I had made a mistake.  This was going to be a gut bomb.  The girl working the counter recommended the "hot mess bitch": a slathering of gravy, grits, eggs cheese and sausage on top of a huge biscuit.  I grabbed it and started walking back to the bus stop:

I decided to walk to a further stop as I ate -- at this point I felt like walking more would help, somehow.  During my walk, I polished off the hot mess bitch and sandwich, and started working on the four kinds of granola I had picked up earlier at whole foods.

I swear granola is a magical food.  It's like a "cure" that's so satisfying, it just lets me keep eating and eating...

By the time I arrived at the bus stop, I realized my mistake: the buses had stopped running about 30 minutes ago, and wouldn't start up for another four hours.  Sighing deeply, I saw my phone only had 3% battery left... I tried calling a friend for pickup, but he was asleep or something.  I started the nearly 5 mile hike home...

Luckily, I ran into a cab and flagged him down.  Whew.

When I got home, I knew there was no way I'd be able to finish the stuff I had bought the day before.  I often pick things up that look good, like the 'almond coconut chocolate chip scone' and chocolate mint tart pictured here:

This is always a mistake, though.  By the time I get home, I no longer want any of it.  Oh well, at least this time I didn't feel the need to finish anything, or push past the "pain point".

In fact, I realized that planning the binge takes most of the fun out of it.  Discovery is a huge part of the fun: just walking around, finding things that look tasty, and being able to indulge.

I finished about half the desserts and a little more of the granola (the amount picture about was about half of what I started out with -- ate the other half while walking home), then went to sleep around 4.  When I woke up:

holy shit!  legs and ankles were now 100% back to normal, and DAT VASCULARITY... wow.

Interestingly, while I was sitting around at the bistro earlier, I read some articles that seemed to describe a lot of what I had been going through: http://www.metabolicedge.net/2013/10/the-importance-of-cheat-meals-and-how.html

According to this article, chronic caloric deficit leads to fat loss (of course), but when fat gets too low, the hormone 'leptin' falls to such levels that the whole metabolism "slows".  I think this must be what happens to me, why I'm always cold (this never used to be the case when I was younger), how I never have energy, etc.

Interesting passage:

It also reminded me a lot of Galeniko's advice, to 'cheat' every 3 days or so (something I believe Adonis does as well).

Certainly seems I had the symptoms listed above ("tired, hungry and with a fluid retention that covers any hint of muscle"), anyway.

All very strange and interesting.  This one, about the difficulty of diagnosing thyroid problems, also gives me many ideas: www.metabolicedge.net/2013/09/why-dieting-can-actually-make-you-fat.html

I continue to learn...
impressive.... veins?

try lifting weights breh

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2015, 12:16:37 AM »
Honestly, I think you should go in a caloric surplus for a good 5 months.  Cleanse your mind and stop being fixated with being emaciated.
Definately.................looks like an extreme ectomorph who could stay ripped and eat a lot more quality food while adding size at the same time.

Probably binging because he`s eating too little normally as in day to day.

io856

« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2015, 02:04:37 AM »
You have an eating disorder

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2015, 02:17:34 AM »
Why the brutal discrepancy in lifting poundages?

Honestly, I think you should go in a caloric surplus for a good 5 months.  Cleanse your mind and stop being fixated with being emaciated.

This. A little bodyfat will do you wonders. Maybe 10-15 pounds. You'd still be cut but your strength would increase ten fold.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2015, 02:07:57 PM »
i don't think i can add any muscle, at least not without adding fat.  and i hate fat.  ever since i was a little kid, i was afraid of getting fat.

i prefer this look, honestly, to any other i've been able to achieve.  except: i'm bloated throughout the week.  my ankles/legs are constantly swollen.  the swelling only seems to go down when i get enough sleep -- ordinarily i get about 5 hours.  i've slept over 50% of the past two weekends.

while i like the way i look, i can't say the same about the way i feel. undeniably, i'm weak, but mentally in disarray, as well.  my only question is whether i feel this way because of how i lift and eat, or because of other circumstances in my life.  it's hard to sort the two out, as i'm in a bad place in more ways than one.

i'm depressed by the possibility that this level of leanness may be inherently unhealthy for me, especially as plenty of other people seem to be just as lean to no ill effect.  also, i was just about as lean earlier in my life (a decade ago), though i'm not really sure how much happier i was then, to be honest.

all that said, i'm continuing to adjust.  i've cut down the cardio a bit, put time limits on my workouts, and stopped writing down every calorie i eat.  i'm not planning to binge anymore, and i'm finding ways to get more sleep.  thanks for all the advice, everyone.

ultimately, i hope this thread is entertaining for all, at least.

Simple Simon

« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2015, 02:17:38 PM »

I think he purges, the amount of food he eats compared to how he looks doesnt marry up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2015, 02:18:29 PM »
Not a cake and cookies guy, but, put one of these in front of me and it's gone!

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2015, 02:32:53 PM »
Hey man it sounds like u have an unhealthy food addiction and warped sense of eating. Im the same way, i have an eating disorder just like u...very meticulous and let it run my life most days...then i can get lost in a destructive binge day of 7000 cals just in cookies alone. Its a viscous cycle bro, id try to some how moderate this before it becomes too hard to reverse. When i find myself putting aside things i like to do like fishing, walking, hiking, camping, etc because i might mss a work out or id have to eat 2700 cals instead of 2000 or some other mentally obsessive ill thought, i take a step back and a deep breath and readjust my thought process. Im battling it to bro, im just trying to help as it seems like from your posts that u hyper obsess about it...hyper obsessing is not good even if its considered healthy. I mean look at hyper political nerds on here like 2Thick and coach...these guys have unhealthy delusions and im sure as fuck its hurting their social life and well being in general. U and me take the eating too far. We revolve our days around the nxt meal, or the next planned cheat.

What type of anxiety or issue is this? Been plaguing me for a while now but never sought help, but as I get older its becoming more of a burden.

These are some examples of thought processes during the day and sometimes they get compounded and really start bothering me and i get all worried/anxious:

-i dont want to spit while that car is there and that guy is looking at me..he will think im spitting to piss him off or be confrontational
-i hope that guy sees me taking weights off the bar when im done so he thinks im a good guy
-i made eye contact with that hot chick at the gym earlier, but now i want to use the machine right next to her. She is going to think i want to fuck her and now its akward, so i wont go over by her. I dont want her to think she is hot shit
-Did that guy acknowledge i held the door for him? He didnt even thank me. What a dick

These are just some examples from today that clogged up my mind.
Its like this social anxiety thing. Its like im overly conscientious, or afraid of confrontations so im always trying to be super respectful of everyone around me. I wish i could just be in my own world and not worty about outside shit like this.
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2015, 02:34:55 PM »

What type of anxiety or issue is this? Been plaguing me for a while now but never sought help, but as I get older its becoming more of a burden.

These are some examples of thought processes during the day and sometimes they get compounded and really start bothering me and i get all worried/anxious:

-i dont want to spit while that car is there and that guy is looking at me..he will think im spitting to piss him off or be confrontational
-i hope that guy sees me taking weights off the bar when im done so he thinks im a good guy
-i made eye contact with that hot chick at the gym earlier, but now i want to use the machine right next to her. She is going to think i want to fuck her and now its akward, so i wont go over by her. I dont want her to think she is hot shit
-Did that guy acknowledge i held the door for him? He didnt even thank me. What a dick

These are just some examples from today that clogged up my mind.
Its like this social anxiety thing. Its like im overly conscientious, or afraid of confrontations so im always trying to be super respectful of everyone around me. I wish i could just be in my own world and not worty about outside shit like this.
Why on earth would a grown man want to be spitting FFS?

I think thats what you want to be asking yourself.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »
Why on earth would a grown man want to be spitting FFS?

I think thats what you want to be asking yourself.

I think you should read a little more into my entire post than you did - including the post of the loon I quoted, and his even loonier post history.
A

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2015, 07:53:09 PM »

I concur in this.  I think you have anorexia and need to seek professional help.  Go to a therapist.  I'm 100 percent serious.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2015, 07:54:53 PM »
I think he purges, the amount of food he eats compared to how he looks doesnt marry up.

Maybe he has "metabolism like a furnace" oh brother

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2015, 07:57:12 PM »

Its one time a week... The other 6 days I eat about 2200 cals.

I did purge one time, months ago, mostly just for the experience.   Felt HORRIBLE for hours afterward, not sure why... I thought I would feel better.  Anyway, never considered it again.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2015, 08:00:17 PM »

I did purge one time, months ago, mostly just for the experience.   Felt HORRIBLE for hours afterward, not sure why... I thought I would feel better.  Anyway, never considered it again.
???

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2015, 08:07:13 PM »

Totally serious post: this is not normal behavior, even if "only done "once" mostly just for the experience". 

If it's actually more often than only once (your business, not mine) please seek help.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2015, 08:18:04 PM »

Your avatar seems to be much bigger than the pics you posted above.  You are the victim of an eating disorder, seek help.  You have very unhealthy thoughts about eating.  Tried purging once just for the experience shows this.  What else have you done once just for the experience?  That's a very risky thing to post in the Thunderdome here.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2015, 12:19:44 AM »
Totally serious post: this is not normal behavior, even if "only done "once" mostly just for the experience". 

If it's actually more often than only once (your business, not mine) please seek help.

Thanks for the concern.  It was out of curiosity.  Before I decided to do it, I already knew I would never do it again.  I know it's not normal, but I don't think there's anything normal about 95% of the stuff I see on this forum, anyway...

Your avatar seems to be much bigger than the pics you posted above.

Only about 10 lbs.  I've been my current weight (and more muscular, leaner, I believe) about 10 years ago.  Didn't have any problems then, but I was much younger, of course.  Hadn't been beating my body up in the gym for close to a decade and a half at that point.

Simple Simon

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2015, 04:07:29 AM »

Could you just recall a time when you threw up naturally?

You have serious issues mate, I picked up on it a while ago with your obsession about food prep.

Im beginning to wonder if you actually eat any of it after you have taken the photos

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2015, 04:13:55 AM »
i don't think i can add any muscle, at least not without adding fat.  and i hate fat.  ever since i was a little kid, i was afraid of getting fat.

i prefer this look, honestly, to any other i've been able to achieve.  except: i'm bloated throughout the week.  my ankles/legs are constantly swollen.  the swelling only seems to go down when i get enough sleep -- ordinarily i get about 5 hours.  i've slept over 50% of the past two weekends.

while i like the way i look, i can't say the same about the way i feel. undeniably, i'm weak, but mentally in disarray, as well.  my only question is whether i feel this way because of how i lift and eat, or because of other circumstances in my life.  it's hard to sort the two out, as i'm in a bad place in more ways than one.

i'm depressed by the possibility that this level of leanness may be inherently unhealthy for me, especially as plenty of other people seem to be just as lean to no ill effect.  also, i was just about as lean earlier in my life (a decade ago), though i'm not really sure how much happier i was then, to be honest.

all that said, i'm continuing to adjust.  i've cut down the cardio a bit, put time limits on my workouts, and stopped writing down every calorie i eat.  i'm not planning to binge anymore, and i'm finding ways to get more sleep.  thanks for all the advice, everyone.

ultimately, i hope this thread is entertaining for all, at least.

No one has that level of leanness dude, just you.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2015, 06:32:06 AM »
Pellius, you are a good dude man, but seriously your body is beyond gross to look at. Until you can agree with me, you need serious mental help. This may sound weird coming from me, but man... WTF??? When people see you, they must poke each other and wisper shit to the other kinda disgusted at the veins and skinnyness.

Basically, you look no different than a heroin junky.

That's the flat out cold truth.
?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2015, 06:42:25 AM »
Great veins Cephissus, but i think you should gain 10 kg in weight instead.