Author Topic: art of the binge  (Read 18306 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
art of the binge
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:36:36 AM »
cheat meal!

key:

1.  variety!
2.  pastries, cookies, cakes!
3.  minimize fat/protein heavy foods
4.  take your time, enjoy!

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
Re: art of the binge
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 01:12:59 AM »
are you doing a contest in one day or something

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 01:59:44 AM »
just a little saturday night fun.

i think my days of extreme binging might be coming to an end soon.  the more i do, the less i crave.  i went overboard on the "main course" last time, overboard on the "sweets" this time.  each time i learn a little bit more.

pretty soon it will just be a standard "cheat meal", and then i'll just start incorporating more restaurant and pre-made foods into my regular diet, probably.

that carrot cake killed me... way too greasy

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 02:27:40 AM »
dont look that bad to me, but then again ill eat pretty much anything. but then im not either on a diet or a maintaining phase.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 04:58:59 PM »
This Friday's binge was my worst ever -- I was completely done in the entire next day.  I only wanted to drink water, but couldn't as my stomach hurt so bad.  After about 9 hours of total misery, I almost puked.  Lesson learned: sugary foods are so pleasurable they let you push WAY past the usual sticking points.  On my last binge, I thought I took it too far... this one was a whole new level of pain.  I went very slow (started at about 10 PM and ended at about 2 AM), which allowed me to keep cramming down sweets.

I think I've officially learned my lesson.  From now on it's going going to be a cheat meal, not a binge -- big dinner, big dessert.  Not "decent sized dinner, absurdly monstrous dessert".  If anything, I'll let the dinner be huge -- I can't poison myself on fats/protein the same way.

Also, I prefaced the binge with a big workout then a nice big walk.  This was a great way to start -- after the walk, I was super hungry (by my standards, anyway) when I finally sat down.  The only problem: I didn't get to my destination until about 10 PM, and most of the good restaurants had closed. 

I had to settle for some Thai place that not only screwed up my order, but was horrible besides.  I make better meals on my worst day!  When the waitress finally brought out my food, I was so disappointed I had to fight the urge to simply pay and walk away.  At least it fairly 'light'.  In the end I just bit the bullet and then went for a chicken shawarma at the Indian place next door. ;D

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 05:01:57 PM »
On the bus ride home, it was time to start in on the 'main event' -- desserts I had gathered prior to hiking to my dinner destination.  I started by comparing two trail mixes from Whole Foods; a traditional type, mostly nuts and some PB cups, and a fancier type with more ingredients.  I actually liked the simpler one better, though neither compared to my favorite (Target's various "Monster" trail mixes).

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 05:04:33 PM »
..........all that plastic packaging  :-\ :-\ :-\

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 05:08:29 PM »
Hey man it sounds like u have an unhealthy food addiction and warped sense of eating. Im the same way, i have an eating disorder just like u...very meticulous and let it run my life most days...then i can get lost in a destructive binge day of 7000 cals just in cookies alone. Its a viscous cycle bro, id try to some how moderate this before it becomes too hard to reverse. When i find myself putting aside things i like to do like fishing, walking, hiking, camping, etc because i might mss a work out or id have to eat 2700 cals instead of 2000 or some other mentally obsessive ill thought, i take a step back and a deep breath and readjust my thought process. Im battling it to bro, im just trying to help as it seems like from your posts that u hyper obsess about it...hyper obsessing is not good even if its considered healthy. I mean look at hyper political nerds on here like 2Thick and coach...these guys have unhealthy delusions and im sure as fuck its hurting their social life and well being in general. U and me take the eating too far. We revolve our days around the nxt meal, or the next planned cheat.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »
Once I got home, I was feeling pretty good.  I had eaten a bag of fritos, a bag of nilla wafers (surprisingly good), two entrees (see previous posts) and two containers of trail mix, but didn't feel the slightest bit full.  I was pretty confident I could get through most of my desserts:

A few huge cookies from Whole Foods:
  - Toffee crunch (fantastic)
  - Peanut butter / chocolate (not what I expected, but very good)
  - A thinner butterscotch or peanut butter style cookie.  Forget exactly what it was, but very good.  A bit buttery for my taste.

A Costco-style strawberry cheesecake muffin from 7/11: surprisingly light and delicious, this provided some good contrast to the cookies.

Two items from a popular, local Gluten-Free bakery:
  - Ginger / Chocolate chip muffin: I was really looking forward to this.  Usually I can't stand gluten free, but I'd had desserts from this bakery before, and they were pretty good.  Unfortunately, the ginger really killed it for me.  Ordinarily I don't mind ginger, but I don't think it goes well with binges, in general...
  - Cinnamon bun:  This was extremely good, actually.  I kind of liked the "dry" gluten free texture.  Normally I don't even like cinnamon rolls that much, but this might have been my favorite item of the night.

- About 10 mini bakery items from Whole Foods:  I really shouldn't have bought these, lol... There comes a point during every binge where I realize I've "gone too far" even before I've began.  Once I saw the weight readout on the above cookies (over two lbs), I knew adding these on top was a mistake.
  As it turns out, they weren't even that good!  The canele was super spongy and tasteless, and the rest almost all just tasted and felt like foamy mush.  The only one that was quite good (and actually fantastic, even) was the carrot cake truffle.  There was another, I forget which, sort of cookie-doughish ball that was pretty good as well.

- Several granolas from Whole Foods:  I successfully limited myself at the bulk foods section this time, but still, there was no way I was going to finish ALL of the granola I got, on top of everything else.  I still had some leftover from my last binge.  In the end, I ate about half of it.  So-so.  PCCs granolas are better.

- Two "Justin's White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups": DELICIOUS!!!

- A "dipped magic" bar from a coffee stand: This tasted like pure butter by the time I finally took a bite -- wasn't expecting that.  I only finished about half of it, and ate the other half the next day.  Tasted much better then, lol... a food which gives the sensation of being predominantly composted of fat kills binges quick.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 05:14:13 PM »
I've fallen in love with tropical trail mix and coconut fudge chocolate cookies. Love your threads.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 05:14:24 PM »
the next day: sitting around in a daze...

Hey man it sounds like u have an unhealthy food addiction and warped sense of eating. Im the same way, i have an eating disorder just like u...very meticulous and let it run my life most days...then i can get lost in a destructive binge day of 7000 cals just in cookies alone. Its a viscous cycle bro, id try to some how moderate this before it becomes too hard to reverse. When i find myself putting aside things i like to do like fishing, walking, hiking, camping, etc because i might mss a work out or id have to eat 2700 cals instead of 2000 or some other mentally obsessive ill thought, i take a step back and a deep breath and readjust my thought process. Im battling it to bro, im just trying to help as it seems like from your posts that u hyper obsess about it...hyper obsessing is not good even if its considered healthy. I mean look at hyper political nerds on here like 2Thick and coach...these guys have unhealthy delusions and im sure as fuck its hurting their social life and well being in general. U and me take the eating too far. We revolve our days around the nxt meal, or the next planned cheat.

Thanks for the post man, I completely agree.  The thing is, I'm learning with every binge.  It's crazy how much more you notice when you take dieting to the extreme... you become super sensitive and learn about physiological effects you were ignorant of your entire life.

I think each time I come a little closer to normalcy.  For example, yeah, this might have been my worst binge ever, but that's because, two binges ago, I noticed: even after stuffing myself on dinner, I could still pack down cookies, cakes, etc.  Then I realized that the less fatty and more sugary the dessert, the more I could eat.  This series of realizations led to last night, where I learned that I really can suffer seriously from a single meal if I use these strategies to take it as far as possible.  Before, I thought 'how much can a single meal hurt'.  I'd never had an experience like this before -- losing a whole day, as if "hung over".

Anyway, as I said, I'm learning.  I've hit what I consider to be pretty much the most extreme I ever care to take a binge: that's one more curiosity satisfied.  In the future, I'll try to limit myself so that I don't get sick, and just have as much fun as possible.  I'm trying to emphasize the positive aspects of the binge, and minimize the negative: it's something to look forward to after a hard week of work; it's a nice break from continually working on my cooking skills, which allows me to branch out and experience a lot of new food at once, and definitely helps reduce cravings; lastly, it helps me break out of the crazy mindset that I "need" to eat in a 'bodybuilding style', and relieves the concerns I feel about eating non-bodybuilding foods, or even foods I don't prepare myself (as crazy as that may sound).

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »
Did u read my post.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 05:31:25 PM »
Whats your goal(s)
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 05:41:25 PM »
Whats your goal(s)

Good question -- I want to be healthy, lean, strong, muscular athletic, etc.   I want the best body I can have... unfortunately, I've ended up looking more like an AIDS victim than a bodybuilder.  I'm very weak, have all sorts of aches and pains, carry little muscle mass, and possess poor flexibility.  I'm not particularly athletic, either.

Well, I've had strange obsessions about my body ever since I can remember -- I'm sure lots of us have.  I think my problems stem from an unrealistic self-image, but it's hard to know, really.  I keep thinking I've finally "snapped" for good, and given up most of the part of my identity that demands "physical perfection", and yet I still find it hard to change my behavior.

I still probably eat way too little and work out way too hard, but each day I sense myself becoming a little more willing to question my beliefs about what's necessary, about how much I really have to work out, how little I really have to eat, to maintain my "looks", which I actually quite like.  I think I'm inching close to being able to ask, "why" I have to be so lean, whether it's healthy for me to act like this (all questions I've shied away from my whole life) and to actually try loosening up.

By the way, I really respect you, and your ability to give it all up.

As for my next binge's goal ;D :

I'm planning to go to a restaurant around here called "The Blind Pig" which offers an 11-course dinner.  I'll buy the sweets AFTER filling up on dinner this time (well, maybe not... ;)).  At most, 2-3 large cookies and a pint of ice cream.  I'll have a second pint on hand in case I still feel good to go at that point.  Part of the reason I go overboard: I pre-buy all these cookies in anticipation, then feel like I have to finish them.  Ice cream doesn't "go bad", so I don't have to worry about that.  I have no problem just putting it away before I start to feel sick.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 05:56:14 PM »
Good question -- I want to be healthy, lean, strong, muscular athletic, etc.   I want the best body I can have... unfortunately, I've ended up looking more like an AIDS victim than a bodybuilder.  I'm very weak, have all sorts of aches and pains, carry little muscle mass, and possess poor flexibility.  I'm not particularly athletic, either.

Well, I've had strange obsessions about my body ever since I can remember -- I'm sure lots of us have.  I think my problems stem from an unrealistic self-image, but it's hard to know, really.  I keep thinking I've finally "snapped" for good, and given up most of the part of my identity that demands "physical perfection", and yet I still find it hard to change my behavior.

I still probably eat way too little and work out way too hard, but each day I sense myself becoming a little more willing to question my beliefs about what's necessary, about how much I really have to work out, how little I really have to eat, to maintain my "looks", which I actually quite like.  I think I'm inching close to being able to ask, "why" I have to be so lean, whether it's healthy for me to act like this (all questions I've shied away from my whole life) and to actually try loosening up.

By the way, I really respect you, and your ability to give it all up.

As for my next binge's goal ;D :

I'm planning to go to a restaurant around here called "The Blind Pig" which offers an 11-course dinner.  I'll buy the sweets AFTER filling up on dinner this time (well, maybe not... ;)).  At most, 2-3 large cookies and a pint of ice cream.  I'll have a second pint on hand in case I still feel good to go at that point.  Part of the reason I go overboard: I pre-buy all these cookies in anticipation, then feel like I have to finish them.  Ice cream doesn't "go bad", so I don't have to worry about that.  I have no problem just putting it away before I start to feel sick.

Interesting about the part on how much working out is needed to maintain. Im learning that one or two quick heavy sets per body part using time under tension is more than enough to maintain while i diet down. Hours on the weights with volume and cardio sessions have me looking exactly the same as a 30 minute bike ride, a 2000 cal diet, and 30 mins of lifting.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »
I load up on calories usually 2-4 times a week.

Of course I burn a shit ton so nothing really happens.

When I talk of loading up, It gets crazy. 

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
you guys think about your food too much, just eat when you are hungry its pretty easy. overanalyzing like a bunch of high school girls itt

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 08:44:02 PM »
I load up on calories usually 2-4 times a week.

Of course I burn a shit ton so nothing really happens.

When I talk of loading up, It gets crazy.

Go on :D

Btw, thanks for advising me to focus on a mastering small set of meals.  Doing so has really helped keep me sane and reign in this 'hobby'.

Also, I've tried to replace some of my hard cardio with long walks -- I think this is good for my mental health and a great way to burn calories.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
I made the mistake of going to Costco on an empty stomach, after a morning cardio session.   It started with just one free sample, then it was two, then three, then it was game on!   Bought a ton of junk food at ate like a slob.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 09:25:37 PM »
My idea of a cheat meal these days is a huge plate of white rice.  :-\

Great thread. Good luck on your journey, sexsuffice.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 09:27:53 PM »
unfortunately, I've ended up looking more like an AIDS victim than a bodybuilder.  I'm very weak, have all sorts of aches and pains, carry little muscle mass, and possess poor flexibility.  I'm not particularly athletic, either.

Most candid post in the history of GB

Ectomorphs lament if natural -   Weak & skinny or permabulker

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 03:21:44 AM »
You quite clearly have an eating disorder

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 04:32:55 AM »
I see a diabetic coma in your future.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 04:37:41 AM »
ceph, do you have a girlfriend?
That is one way to indulge in a calorie-free way.  :)

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 08:00:30 AM »
You quite clearly have an eating disorder

Thanks for the heads up ::)

If you define a disorder as behavior which leads to sickness or declining strength (which is my definition), I agree.  I can see the irrational beliefs which guide my behavior.  Next, i can try to find their cause and fix it.

Or I could go on getbig and drop malignant one-liners.

In the meantime, I think I'll keep a fun thread going, as I have time.

ceph, do you have a girlfriend?
That is one way to indulge in a calorie-free way.  :)

Lol, nope.  I do have some updates for the 'what did you eat yesterday' thread though.  I'm finally learning some practical skill, I think.