Author Topic: Need your advice, guys!  (Read 2088 times)

adams345

• Getbig II
Need your advice, guys!
« on: June 26, 2015, 06:08:54 AM »
Hey all, I'm a newcomer here and I feel like doing some shopping to help me in my journey. Name your favorite tool or product that has helped you "get big". THANKS!  :)

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Need your advice, guys!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:59:38 AM »
my brain.
?

adams345

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 08:04:01 AM »
definitely the main resource, agree. Something else?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 09:03:55 AM »
Shop for a heavier style gym to workout in.  Those spa's, chrome palaces, etc fall way short if wanting to get really, really big and strong. Those places discourage using any serious heavy weight anyway. Just to note: big and strong men seem to intimidate most of the other members.

If wanting a above average looking body, than those commercial  may be just for you. Not a knock, lots of guys only want to look a little better than they are; reduce belly fat, arms, pec's, delts..avoiding the legs but working the calves, the usual. That's OK, more power to them.

Shop for guys who have experience, and not just using theory , with  hands on training and see if you can work in a few sets with them. Or ask for some advice. Most lifters are the friendly sort (avoid the occasional Ass wipes of course..even find quite a few on GB). . Try not spending too much time on Youtube, most of those guy's are just feeding their own ego's...and I can't believe the stuff they get away with when serious training is the issue. Same with the vid's and glossy mag's. Think most guys look like that and train that way in vid's & mag's all year round....surprise, far from it.

Shop for a gym that has power racks, heavy duty squat, benching racks and cable equipment. Including exercise platforms/boxes.  General rule of thumb, the less machines (not saying no machines) and more plate loading BB's or DB's, all the better. With cast iron DB's..that gets serious. Do what you wish, but might think of avoiding Kettle Bells. The modern DB was invented to avoid the old style Kettle Bell, for good reason.  

Shopping for a legal product, the only suggestion stuff that has worked for some of the  athletes , and general lifters I'm familiar with, is Kre-alkalyn (creatine) and a higher grade whey protein.  I'm not big on supplements my self, but there are other board that could help you big time.. . If talking about illegal products, no advice from me, but there are well informed other boards on BG that might give advice.

Good genetics would be the #1 thing on anyone shopping list. Kind of hard to choose that, but just to say...just about anything and any style of training will work.  But born with good genetic's your probably bigger and stronger than the average guy anyway.

Good Luck.

F

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 10:19:57 AM »
I wish there was a hardcore gym that was near me enough to train on a daily basis my gym is not hardcore put 5plates on a barbell and people get scared

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »
Hey all, I'm a newcomer here and I feel like doing some shopping to help me in my journey. Name your favorite tool or product that has helped you "get big". THANKS!  :)
WTF is your question....
Says Dr Dutch

keesh1

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »
Definitely Amit G. Alon's software. It's called Muscleandmotion (www.muscleandmotion.com). Pretty sweet muscle designs. It's only 60 bucks too.