Author Topic: Barbell bicep excercises??  (Read 2314 times)

sketer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Barbell bicep excercises??
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:03:04 PM »
Does anyone know of any barbell excercises for the biceps besides barbell curls?Barbell is all I have so far but when i git a job here next year i will buy dumbells and such,but for now alls I need is barbell excercises for biceps...Thank you

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: Barbell bicep excercises??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:13:55 PM »
well barbells are the staple to building size, do a close and wide grip, as well as a reverse curl to work your forearms . remember that biceps are only a small part of overall arm mass, really work your triceps hard to gain huge arms.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 02:23:02 PM »
u can lean over facing a incline bench and do spider curls with the bar.
a good routine would look like this for bis  barbell curls 15-12 -10-8-6
                                                    spider or reverse curls 10-10-10
                                              reverse or foward wrist curls 3x10
and for tris
                   close grip bench 15-12-10-8-6
                   lying or seated barbell exts 10-8-6
                   kick back holding small plates 10-10-10

the sets of 15 and 12 are warm ups good luck

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 02:25:47 PM »
I got a full gym and I still do mostly curls  :D
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 02:58:17 PM »
This guy's only got a barbell, so forget anything involving equipment.

Barbell curls are about enough, put the work in and work those suckers - do 4 sets, and on the last 1-2 sets when you can't do any more, add a couple of cheats or rest-pause reps.

Also try:
-Barbell curls with back against a wall.
-Drag curls-from the bottom, drag the barbell straight up, keeping the bar touching the body all the way up. You won't be able to do the normal curling motion with these. A serious burn.

And of course, for triceps:
-Lying or standing extensions behind the head.
-Bench dips with hands on the arm rests of a chair, feet propped on something else of about the same height.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 03:11:35 PM »
1) Close grip chins (4-8 inches)..a mass builder.
2) Sitting BB curls...rest the elbows between the leg, as you lean forward, with a somewhat narrow grip and curl the bar to the chest.
3) Three position grip curls..Two sets wide as you can...two sets medium grip...two sets narrow grip
4) Cheat curl...extra heavy..bend knees with a moderate heave from the back..Never to the point of making the curl more of a reverse clean. Keep in control the whole curl. There is a fine art to cheating the proper way.
5) Reverse curl..a very overlooked bicep builder..a couple of sets with a false grip (thumbs over the bar) influence the forearms also.
6)  Bent over BB curls...like you were to do a curl grip BB row, only curl the bar up to the chest. Can also rest the elbows between/on the knees.
7) Curls, with the elbows resting against the edge of a bench.
8) BB curls standing with the back and elbows flat against a wall, post, etc. Keep the elbows tight to the sides and against the wall throughout the exercise.
9) A one arm BB curl..standing, center the grip in the middle of the bar..this can affect the bicep in a whole different way...demands much more muscle effort over all.
Good Luck.