Author Topic: OBAMA STILL DESTROYING REPUBLICANS..unemployment down to 5.3%...WOW!!!  (Read 7052 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
What was the national debt when he took over and what is it today? 

Odd you would use a measure that have forever increased, he increased it by all accounts 3-5 trillion, a large chunk was Bush's debt, ie unpaid tax cuts, the wars etc. He has increased the debt, not by the most percentage, nor is the debt to GDP ratio at it's highest, this is after a great recession, look at the great depression as a better measure. The deficit you asked about is plummeting, fastest in history in fact.

debt is not an accurate measure, it's completely without context, just like the deficit is not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Odd you would use a measure that have forever increased, he increased it by all accounts 3-5 trillion, a large chunk was Bush's debt, ie unpaid tax cuts, the wars etc. He has increased the debt, not by the most percentage, nor is the debt to GDP ratio at it's highest, this is after a great recession, look at the great depression as a better measure. The deficit you asked about is plummeting, fastest in history in fact.

debt is not an accurate measure, it's completely without context, just like the deficit is not.

First you say "by all measures" the economy is doing better.  The national debt (among other things) shows that is a false statement.

Then you say "by all accounts" the debt increased "3-5 trillion."  That is also false.  It increased by $8 trillion. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
First you say "by all measures" the economy is doing better.  The national debt (among other things) shows that is a false statement.

Then you say "by all accounts" the debt increased "3-5 trillion."  That is also false.  It increased by $8 trillion. 

It did not increase by eight trillion if we are talking about what Obama added. if you simply start 2008 then you are correct, however, you are attributing debt that was agreed upon before his fiscal policies were in effect.

Your first statement shows you are clueless, quick example. One country has 17 trillion in debt, another 333 billion, another 1.9 trillion, how are the economies doing? Your question is silly, it's not reflective of the situation at all, there is no context. You are simply using semantics.

the fact the deficit is reducing shows his policies are creating surplus.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
"The world obviously stopped when he took office and there were no long term effects from anything.
He started from zero."

yeah...thats what happened  ::)

sometimes i wonder if these dudes are even serious, do they even engage in 2nd level thinking.. or just sit and wait for marching orders from Sean Hannity....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

yeah, it sucks that we have to keep borrowing more to pay interest on the debt accumulated by prior administrations

We should have just defaulted like many teabag morons wanted us to do

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

It did not increase by eight trillion if we are talking about what Obama added. if you simply start 2008 then you are correct, however, you are attributing debt that was agreed upon before his fiscal policies were in effect.

Your first statement shows you are clueless, quick example. One country has 17 trillion in debt, another 333 billion, another 1.9 trillion, how are the economies doing? Your question is silly, it's not reflective of the situation at all, there is no context. You are simply using semantics.

Your first statement shows you are a troll who just pulled info out of your rear end and didn't think anyone would actually pay attention.  You are the one who said "by any measure."  You are wrong, as usual.  But that's what happens when you troll.   

You are also the one who said Obama only added "3-5 trillion" to the national debt.  That is horse manure.  Aside from the fact the number is actually $8 trillion, you have a range of $2 trillion??  lol   Trolling again.   

You Obamabots are delusional.  Reminds me of this:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
"The world obviously stopped when he took office and there were no long term effects from anything.
He started from zero."

sometimes i wonder if these dudes are even serious, do they even engage in 2nd level thinking.. or just sit and wait for marching orders from Sean Hannity....

Where did the quote come from? 

I wonder the same thing about Obamabots.  Read the Daily Kos.  Watch MSNBC.  Take orders and talking points from The Messiah.  Spread disinformation.  Repeat. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

Don't be a jerk-off...a lot of that debt is a hangover from Bush's prescription drug bill.....and the two wars...plus with unemployment as high as it was when Obama took office of course tax revenue was down..none of it his fault.....you could blame him for the deficit being increased due to his stimulis package, ..BUT.....Austerity does not work in a recession...ask the EU

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

AGREED

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
He started from zero."

genius line..good job

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Don't be a jerk-off...a lot of that debt is a hangover from Bush's prescription drug bill.....and the two wars...plus with unemployment as high as it was when Obama took office of course tax revenue was down..none of it his fault.....you could blame him for the deficit being increased due to his stimulis package, ..BUT.....Austerity does not work in a recession...ask the EU

Bush's fault.  How original. 

No, the $8 trillion added to the national debt on Obama's watch is not Bush's fault.  It's the fault of an irresponsible government that refuses to address the problem, starting with our leader. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Bush's fault.  How original. 

No, the $8 trillion added to the national debt on Obama's watch is not Bush's fault.  It's the fault of an irresponsible government that refuses to address the problem, starting with our leader. 

This is the only coherent thing you've said...this is accurate.....all administrations and congress refuse to deal with the issue of the deficit....HOWEVER..by keeping us out of unnecessary wars Obama is lowering our deficit..albeit in a roundabout way

The budget gap has been trending DOWNWARD for years since Obama has taken office THUS....less money having to be borrowed

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
This is the only coherent thing you've said...this is accurate.....all administrations and congress refuse to deal with the issue of the deficit....HOWEVER..by keeping us out of unnecessary wars Obama is lowering our deficit..albeit in a roundabout way

The budget gap has been trending DOWNWARD for years since Obama has taken office THUS....less money having to be borrowed

Anyone wanting to know how we elect, then reelect a demonstrable failure like President Obama need only read this ^^^^ kind of stuff.   :-\

The buck stops at the top.  If the president wasn't unpatriotic (his word), he would have been all over Congress to deal with the national debt.  He would be making tough choices regarding runaway and wasteful government spending.  He would submit balanced budgets to Congress.  He would freeze discretionary spending (which promised to do and never did).  He would stop talking about raising taxes.  He wouldn't be attacking businesses that create most of the jobs in this country.  

People looking at our financial picture objectively can see how troubling things are and what a lousy job the president did the past six years.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Anyone wanting to know how we elect, then reelect a demonstrable failure like President Obama need only read this ^^^^ kind of stuff.   :-\

The buck stops at the top.  If the president wasn't unpatriotic (his word), he would have been all over Congress to deal with the national debt.  He would be making tough choices regarding runaway and wasteful government spending.  He would submit balanced budgets to Congress.  He would freeze discretionary spending (which promised to do and never did).  He would stop talking about raising taxes.  He wouldn't be attacking businesses that create most of the jobs in this country.  

People looking at our financial picture objectively can see how troubling things are and what a lousy job the president did the past six years.

your irrational fear and hatred of Obama has really gotten the best of you.......

Congress is run by REPUBLICANS who instinctively take positions exactly opposite of Obama even when they previously advocated for Obama's point of view....they are very cynical in that regard....why would they now all of sudden work with Obama on the deficit??????????....

Obama has been attacking businesses??????????........this is news to me..Businesses and corporate America has NEVER done this well under any other president...profits are way up and they are paying less taxes and paying people less than ever before......Obama LOVES Wall Street.......what the hell are you talking about???????..he simply says they need to pay people more and stop evading taxes.....sounds fair to me

as for making tough choices on finances, he kept us out of war which has greatly reduced our deficit and has been very fiscally responsible for a Democrat...and the ACA has slowed down our national spending on healthcare and reduced it tremendously in some areas

DESTROYED ONCE AGAIN

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
your irrational fear and hatred of Obama has really gotten the best of you.......

Congress is run by REPUBLICANS who instinctively take positions exactly opposite of Obama even when they previously advocated for Obama's point of view....they are very cynical in that regard....why would they now all of sudden work with Obama on the deficit??????????....

Obama has been attacking businesses??????????........this is news to me..Businesses and corporate America has NEVER done this well under any other president...profits are way up and they are paying less taxes and paying people less than ever before......Obama LOVES Wall Street.......what the hell are you talking about???????..he simply says they need to pay people more and stop evading taxes.....sounds fair to me

as for making tough choices on finances, he kept us out of war which has greatly reduced our deficit and has been very fiscally responsible for a Democrat...and the ACA has slowed down our national spending on healthcare and reduced it tremendously in some areas

DESTROYED ONCE AGAIN

lol.  I'm embarrassed for you.  I have two responses:

2.  The president should be leading from the front, not the rear.  Congress hasn't refused to work with him.  He has never taken the initiative to work with Congress.  He doesn't meet with them, including members of own party on a regular basis.  He couldn't even work with Congress when Democrats controlled both houses.  Remember how he barely got Obamacare passed, and even then only after he lied to his fellow Democrats about the mandate being a tax? 

When the president leaves office, he is going to proclaim his administration a success, because lapdogs like you are going to be there cheerleading whatever he says.  There are many like you unfortunately. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

so every president with a massive growth in debt is a failure?

Why shit on reagan like that, man?

Necrosis

• Getbig V

it grew at a higher percentage also. Without context debt is a stupid measure of someone's fiscal policies, the deficit is far better indicator of how THIS particular government is doing.

He is clinging to anything he can to make a point. In our exchanges he generally gets embarrassed so little things like this are his only reprieve.

No one is saying it's Bush's fault, but you don't credit Obama with spending already in place before HIS fiscal policies are in action, it makes no fucking sense at all. It makes no sense to charge Bush with similar debt nor anyone else.

He spent money, as you should in a recession, it worked relative to other countries in similar positions particularly those who choose austerity (a completely moronic action during a recession) you can't lower the spending of the biggest cog in an economy when the economy is already faltering.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Easiest way to settle the issue here is with a simple question.

Would you rather the economy resemble what it was in 2008 or in 2015?   Pretty easy to answer unless you are a biased party bullshitter.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
lol.  I'm embarrassed for you.  I have two responses:

2.  The president should be leading from the front, not the rear.  Congress hasn't refused to work with him.  He has never taken the initiative to work with Congress.  He doesn't meet with them, including members of own party on a regular basis.  He couldn't even work with Congress when Democrats controlled both houses.  Remember how he barely got Obamacare passed, and even then only after he lied to his fellow Democrats about the mandate being a tax?  

When the president leaves office, he is going to proclaim his administration a success, because lapdogs like you are going to be there cheerleading whatever he says.  There are many like you unfortunately.  

Congress has never had Obama's best interests (and by extension, the best interests of the country) at heart, and the Republicans were so shocked at the election of a black president they vowed to destroy him and not let any of his agenda get through...Mitch McConnell said right after Obama was elected "My goal is to make him a one term president"....they did not work with him on Obamacare...called him a liar during a speech on national TV.....invited the Israeli leader to speak to congress BEHIND HIS BACK and then sent a near-treasonous letter to Iran urging them not to negotiate with the president....Not to mention all they have done for the last seven years is try to repeal Obamacare....which is unprecedented..usually when a law is enacted the opposition will work to help moify it, NOT repeal it....its sour grapes.....are these people who you would think would actually help Obama????? ..if you wwere president would you work with them?????????????

KEEP DREAMING

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

The Republican in Name Only dumping on Republicans again?  Shocking.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The Republican in Name Only dumping on Republicans again?  Shocking.

the lady doth protest a bit much.

if you're a RINO, why are you the only one who defends them every time they come up?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Congress has never had Obama's best interests (and by extension, the best interests of the country) at heart, and the Republicans were so shocked at the election of a black president they vowed to destroy him and not let any of his agenda get through...Mitch McConnell said right after Obama was elected "My goal is to make him a one term president"....they did not work with him on Obamacare...called him a liar during a speech on national TV.....invited the Israeli leader to speak to congress BEHIND HIS BACK and then sent a near-treasonous letter to Iran urging them not to negotiate with the president....Not to mention all they have done for the last seven years is try to repeal Obamacare....which is unprecedented..usually when a law is enacted the opposition will work to help moify it, NOT repeal it....its sour grapes.....are these people who you would think would actually help Obama????? ..if you wwere president would you work with them?????????????

KEEP DREAMING

Republicans vowed to destroy Obama because he's black?  Proof?  Link?  

Nobody worked with Obama on Obamacare, including his own party, because he didn't work with them.  As I said, he lied to convince his own party members to vote for the bill.  That is a fact.  

"They" didn't call Obama a liar during a speech.  A single representative did.  And it turns out he was right.

I'm glad the House GOP invited Netanyahu to speak, after Obama spent years throwing Israel under the bus, including endangering their existence by caving to Iran.

"They" didn't sent a "near treasonous letter" to Iran.  A single representative wrote a letter, because he was concerned about Obama endangering the country and one of our allies.  And he didn't "send it."  He posted it on the friggin internet.  

I wish Congress would do more to repeal that disaster of a law.  Obamacare is bad for the country.  

Now, I'm not doing that again (addressing all of the BS you put in one post), but it's clear you are a true believer.  The facts don't matter to true believers.  You will simply say whatever your Messiah tells you to say.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
the lady doth protest a bit much.

if you're a RINO, why are you the only one who defends them every time they come up?

You are a lying liar.  You are not a Republican.  You are not a conservative.  You are the biggest liberal on this board.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Republicans vowed to destroy Obama because he's black?  Proof?  Link?  

Nobody worked with Obama on Obamacare, including his own party, because he didn't work with them.  As I said, he lied to convince his own party members to vote for the bill.  That is a fact.  

"They" didn't call Obama a liar during a speech.  A single representative did.  And it turns out he was right.

I'm glad the House GOP invited Netanyahu to speak, after Obama spent years throwing Israel under the bus, including endangering their existence by caving to Iran.

"They" didn't sent a "near treasonous letter" to Iran.  A single representative wrote a letter, because he was concerned about Obama endangering the country and one of our allies.  And he didn't "send it."  He posted it on the friggin internet.  

I wish Congress would do more to repeal that disaster of a law.  Obamacare is bad for the country.  

Now, I'm not doing that again (addressing all of the BS you put in one post), but it's clear you are a true believer.  The facts don't matter to true believers.  You will simply say whatever your Messiah tells you to say.  

wow.....I agree with you on one point....I'm not going through this again with you either....you used to be pretty reasonable but now you are as bad as the worst right-wingers on here.....facts simply do not matter to you.... you're amazing!

and yes they DID send the letter to IRAN and it was signed by many Republican members of congress....not SEND in the true sense of the word, as in putting an actual letter in the mail :)...but they wrote an open letter which serves the exact same purpose...you're playing with semantics....

also no one is destroying Israel  more than the Israelis themselves..... they have thumbed their noses repeatedly at past presidents including Obama....they especially disrespected George Bush when he pleaded with them to stop building settlements and then would announce new settlements whenever Bush would send an envoy......Obama has basically called them out on this issue whereas other presidnets have been too timid politically to do so....and Netanyahu has said recently while campaigning that there will never be a two state solution while he is president....which has been the cornerstone of US policy....so now who has undercut whom????????

Obama has stated and correctly so, that time is not on the side of the jews.....the palestinian population grows larger and larger and it is estimated that their population will overtake the jews in a few years..try making a deal with them then WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY THE MAJORITY..Obama is saying make peace with them now and make a deal now while you still have some leverage.....yet Obama is criticized for telling the truth???????

GET REAL

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
You are a lying liar.  You are not a Republican.  You are not a conservative.  You are the biggest liberal on this board.   

You claim you are not a Republican.  So what's the big deal about someone who does claim to be one?