Author Topic: What this guy says about natural lifting vs drug lifting is spot on.  (Read 8660 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
No shade to people who make the choice to use drugs but this video is pretty much spot on.

I did t even know mike matarazzo died  :-\

Russian roulette

choice is an illusion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: What this guy says about natural lifting vs drug lifting is spot on.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:40:35 AM »

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 05:42:29 AM »
Thanks for embedding I can't seem to do that from my phone
choice is an illusion

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 05:47:20 AM »
The name: L. U. I.

The game: Schmoeing

Bubb-bubbl-bubble butt on a dailyyyy basees

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 05:58:15 AM »
Yes he talks smack but what he saying is spot on....

I didn't even realise mike died... One of my faves from flex days.

I remember reading an article he wrote after he started having heart problems in 2004 he just had a son too and he said he regrets ever touching steroids and that he probably wouldn't live another 15 years.  He also said he wish he had kept on driving his removal truck and never got into competitive bodybuilding.

choice is an illusion

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 06:14:02 AM »
Yes he talks smack but what he saying is spot on....

I didn't even realise mike died... One of my faves from flex days.

I remember reading an article he wrote after he started having heart problems in 2004 he just had a son too and he said he regrets ever touching steroids and that he probably wouldn't live another 15 years.  He also said he wish he had kept on driving his removal truck and never got into competitive bodybuilding.

I remember too...think he had bypass surgery at one point, in an interview he said he ate 5lb of red meat every day for years. I'm sure that had alot to do with it, and the effects of steroid only exacerbated the damage to his arteries and heart. Very sad.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 06:25:38 AM »
Yes that is the same article, he seemed like a cool guy.

In life it's always a good idea to weigh up the pros and cons before making decisions a lot of people abuse the power of choice. Now for a pro bodybuilder I can see the rationale slightly of taking drugs, in my personal opinion I don't think it is ever worth it no amount of money etc is worth a year of life. However that my perception a Heath or a Coleman might say yeah I'll do it it's worth it. One does wonder if they would or will have that stance in hindsight if they get the chance .. Because some don't a la Nasser munzer mike etc etc

What I can never ever understand however is guys who take steroids or whatever and they don't even complete or have no chance of being competitive or just do it recreationally just to be buff... That's a hell of a risk. A very shallow way of thinking (and I use the term loosely)
But at the end of the day everyone has to live their own life.

RIP MIKE matazzaro
choice is an illusion

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 06:42:32 AM »
Its odd how now after TRT has become SOP  its common to see ambulance chaser tv commercials regarding
patients developing the same side effects pro bb'ers have been explaining away as "heridtary".
I

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 06:49:08 AM »
What I can never ever understand however is guys who take steroids or whatever and they don't even complete or have no chance of being competitive or just do it recreationally just to be buff... That's a hell of a risk. A very shallow way of thinking (and I use the term loosely)

I can

Being mediocre sometimes is not worth living.

I'm sure my working hours and stress would not have done good for my life span but what choice do I have? Work as a security guard stress free? Who will pay for my Dubai India holidays and the life of a man who worries about money running out end of a month?

If you take 2g of steroids whether competitive or not is not a good idea, bodybuilding is financially a very poor choice of a career....so if you do mild cycles and eat healthy and enjoy the body you achieve sensibly by smashing pussy 20 years younger than you are than that's the life....life is about living and what you do with it that's important not necessarily how long.
S

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 08:06:32 AM »

In life it's always a good idea to weigh up the pros and cons before making decisions a lot of people abuse the power of choice. Now for a pro bodybuilder I can see the rationale slightly of taking drugs, in my personal opinion I don't think it is ever worth it no amount of money etc is worth a year of life. However that my perception a Heath or a Coleman might say yeah I'll do it it's worth it. One does wonder if they would or will have that stance in hindsight if they get the chance .. Because some don't a la Nasser munzer mike etc etc

RIP MIKE matazzaro

what about you personally? 

you just did 175 lb dumbbell press right?

please let us know what type of oatmeal you had for breakfast
"

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 08:11:03 AM »
Not being huge doesn't make anyone mediocre we all have different gifts the problem people all seem to want the same thing which doesn't lead to happiness. For example though I am a proficient swimmer I will never be the fastest swimmer in the world so why would I do some thing to fuck up my life and health to try to achieve this. Nothing in life is worth .... Life itself.

It's easy to come off blaise saying because I don't want to be mediocre I will do this or that even though it fucksup my health ... Easy until your kidneys are a one or someone is changing your bedpan... It's a no brained really. The joke is 90% of guys who do it still look mediocre (which is relative) to a guy who genetically blessed in that field... health is everything unfortunately some don't have the foresight to realise it till we lose it. A Derek Anthony springs to mind...
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 08:16:42 AM »
what about you personally? 

you just did 175 lb dumbbell press right?

please let us know what type of oatmeal you had for breakfast

I'll tell you how I did it
15 yrs now of shut the fuck up and train. I invested a god legion of my like recreationally into lifting but I guess that's not the answer you want to hear though. People only see the final product not the injuries time etc put in 15 years. When you invest that much time into something if it falls within your genetic gift then you will excel
I don't look at a swimmer who can do 90 lengths and ask him what did you eat to do that. Lazy way of thinking because the assumption is it has to be anything but hard work and time invested... Ok I we Quaker oats you run go out and get some and you will press 175 dumbells too
choice is an illusion

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 08:53:08 AM »
15 yrs now of shut the fuck up and train. I invested a god legion of my like recreationally into lifting but I guess that's not the answer you want to hear though. People only see the final product not the injuries time etc put in 15 years. When you invest that much time into something if it falls within your genetic gift then you will excel
I don't look at a swimmer who can do 90 lengths and ask him what did you eat to do that. Lazy way of thinking because the assumption is it has to be anything but hard work and time invested... Ok I we Quaker oats you run go out and get some and you will press 175 dumbells too

here's the thing

not everybody here wants to read this crap so just talk about your lifts and drop the horse shit about *training with heart*

"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 09:01:13 AM »
We are fortunate to have amongst ourselves incredibly gifted people like meso78, who are life time natties and have 19 inch biceps ( he provided a photo with a measuring tape )

I for one am impressed beyond words and want to add that not only is he a natty benching 405 lbs, but also he contibues to grow and maintains a ripped physique by eating only 2 jamaican meals a day without paying attention to diet .

I envy you Mesomorph78, for being so genetically gifted, probably the most gifted ever on strength and size+ rippedness.

Here's the man himself : let's praise his lifetime natty accomplishments and not bash him .

Here is the MAN himself describing his lifts in detail ...

" my shoulder press is
on dumbells 110's for 7 reps final set
incline presses... at my gym we dont have a proper freewight incline stand so i do smith and dumbelll week obviously dumbells...
most ive ever maxed with on incline dumbells was 150.. usual workouts i g up to 130's
on the smith i incline 315.. for 10 reps on a usual workout day.... max on a good day 352... this smith machine is easy.. well i think so like at jd dawudos gym when i train with my friend there...his smith is a lot harder... 315 for 7 on his.."

wow! that's all I gotta say : WOW!
"

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 10:54:51 AM »
That's tiny me.. I'm Quite bigger now
choice is an illusion

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 11:07:47 AM »
I never knew you were British...

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »

RIP MIKE matazzaro

why do people

ride / race motorbikes
hang glide
go rock climbing
cliff diving/ base jumping
bungee jumping
deep sea diving/ sky diving

etc etc etc etc etc....

people enjoy different things.. some of them are dangerous, some extremely dangerous...

Its quite stupid to judge what someone else does as a hobby. Just mind your business and do your own thing.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 11:14:47 AM »

i used to give you as much shit as anyone, but i can appreciate your advice more as i get older

trying to excel at something you were never meant for is a recipe for disaster.  you first need to find what you excel at, then pursue it over time.  i always wanted to excel physically, but it's not in the cards for me.  i'm still learning to balance my expectations with my abilities.

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »
Mesomorph78 -

Haters always gonna hate, you know that .....

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 05:16:17 PM »
these days i just train bis lats chest and quads.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 05:17:11 PM »
yes congrats on being history's most genetically gifted human
"

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »

LOL at you starting ANOTHER thread worrying about how others live their lives and staying up at night concerned over the decisions they make.  ::)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 09:40:27 PM »

LOL at you starting ANOTHER thread worrying about how others live their lives and staying up at night concerned over the decisions they make.  ::)

Im not worried I'm just stating my opinion brother ...
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 09:48:23 PM »
why do people

ride / race motorbikes
hang glide
go rock climbing
cliff diving/ base jumping
bungee jumping
deep sea diving/ sky diving

etc etc etc etc etc....

people enjoy different things.. some of them are dangerous, some extremely dangerous...

Its quite stupid to judge what someone else does as a hobby. Just mind your business and do your own thing.

Again I'm just voicing my opinion, in line with the title of the board
Gossip and 'OPINION'
If we all had nothing to say about anything and just "minded our own business" then this board wouldn't be here.

Judging doesn't only

choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2015, 09:52:38 PM »
i used to give you as much shit as anyone, but i can appreciate your advice more as i get older

trying to excel at something you were never meant for is a recipe for disaster.  you first need to find what you excel at, then pursue it over time.  i always wanted to excel physically, but it's not in the cards for me.  i'm still learning to balance my expectations with my abilities.

Good man

Try to excel at whatever you enjoy doing but never ever to the detriment of your health
choice is an illusion