Author Topic: For Skorpio And Other Horologists  (Read 5161 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: For Skorpio And Other Horologists
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2015, 07:19:11 AM »
My ex gave me a Tag....only thing that lasted from our relationship ;D

First real watch was a tag,thats what started my love of watches.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »
I had a Tag too, bought it as I was travelling to third world countries and needed something reliable and not too expensive jnscase I break it or its stolen. that watch took a lot of beatings, I hiked, mountain biked, dived and did everything with it...it was a solid heavy piece.
S

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »
Tag is the Poor man's Rolex. The it watch now is the Audemars Piguet.  Anyone in LA and SoCal who wants to show off has a rose gold.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2015, 10:33:03 AM »
Tag is the Poor man's Rolex. The it watch now is the Audemars Piguet.  Anyone in LA and SoCal who wants to show off has a rose gold.

I bought an AP roo and did jot like it,to big and bulky.They lose there value quickly as well.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2015, 10:39:37 AM »
I cant wait for True Adonis to enter this thread (if he hasn't already).
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2015, 10:53:06 AM »
I cant wait for True Adonis to enter this thread (if he hasn't already).

He's in IR from his pitbull attack

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2015, 11:20:35 AM »

Tag makes some nice watches and not everyone wants a rolex some people only collect tags.I just hare when people say something is the poor mans whatever.I have a friend worth alot of money who drive s abeat up toyota prius and wears a casio digital watch.He couldnt care less about anything,sometimes its just a choice.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2015, 02:17:13 PM »
Tag makes some nice watches and not everyone wants a rolex some people only collect tags.I just hare when people say something is the poor mans whatever.I have a friend worth alot of money who drive s abeat up toyota prius and wears a casio digital watch.He couldnt care less about anything,sometimes its just a choice.

Being rich doesn't mean you need to wear expensive watches.  Some people become rich because they don't spend their cash on useless material things.  Others just like the luxurious items they can get.  Nice watch, nice car etc...  Do billionaires really need a 50,000 sqft home?  Probably not.  Could they be just as happy in a 5000 sqft home?  Yep, but they have money to burn and do so.
One thing in the end is that you can't spend your money when you're dead.  Knew this old lady that lived like a bag lady.  Begged for change, would want whatever food scraps you had etc...  When she died and they cleaned out her apartment they found $500K cash.  She was so fearful of being poor that she saved ever penny but the irony was she lived like she was poor.  All that money she never spent got seized by the gov because she had no family.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »
I bought an AP roo and did jot like it,to big and bulky.They lose there value quickly as well.

You're full of shit. You never owned a real AP, friend.

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »
The first Omega I bought was a Seamaster, and although I have always wanted to have a small collection of watches, it was partly an investment or a way to hold some value. It cost me a couple of grand as it was pre-owned and a year old, and is still worth close to that YEARS later.

So you say that it is worth close to the purchase price YEARS down the track. Wow! So you could have left the money you spent in a bank account and earned next to nothing but still be on top. Great investment.  ::)

That's not holding value. Holding value would take into account the opportunity costs and future dividends of the money from the day you spent it into the future.

You sure you don't work for the Greek Central Bank?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2015, 04:54:28 PM »
You're full of shit. You never owned a real AP, friend.

Actually i have as well as a rolex 116618 which was more than the ap roo jackass,i have also owned a 116528 also more expensive.ive been buying and selling watches for quite some time.you think ap is that special or expensive?then you dont know much,i can get an ap roo safari or grey themes for 14k tomorrow.Not that big of a deal.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »
Actually i have as well as a rolex 116618 which was more than the ap roo jackass,i have also owned a 116528 also more expensive.ive been buying and selling watches for quite some time.you think ap is that special or expensive?then you dont know much,i can get an ap roo safari or grey themes for 14k tomorrow.Not that big of a deal.

You likely own a citizen with an automatic miyota.

I would believe that.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2015, 06:09:04 PM »

You likely own a citizen with an automatic miyota.

I would believe that.

You can believe what u like as i dont really care.Im a well known watch buyer and seller in the northeast.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2015, 07:42:44 PM »
You can believe what u like as i dont really care.Im a well known watch buyer and seller in the northeast.

Cool hook me up w a 1675 Pepsi under 4k, thx.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2015, 02:52:32 AM »
So you say that it is worth close to the purchase price YEARS down the track. Wow! So you could have left the money you spent in a bank account and earned next to nothing but still be on top. Great investment.  ::)

That's not holding value. Holding value would take into account the opportunity costs and future dividends of the money from the day you spent it into the future.

You sure you don't work for the Greek Central Bank?

Pipe down condom breath.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2015, 03:11:34 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2015, 06:49:53 AM »
Some people (like myself) just like nice watches.  I have a decent collection but really only alternate between wearing 3 depending on the occasion.  Date Just, Cellini, and a gold watch from Tiffanys that was my dads.