Author Topic: Heavy breathing workout.......intense workouts.  (Read 3449 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Heavy breathing workout.......intense workouts.
« on: March 01, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »
Hey guys (JPM who recommended it).

Just done session starting with heavy breathing deadlifts.
Workouts look like this:

MONDAY=
Heavy breathing squats 1x20
Pullover OR pullover press 1x20
DB shoulder press 2x8
BB Rows  2x8
Incline DB press 2x8
BB curl 2x8
Pushdowns 2x8

WEDNESDAY=
Deadlift 1x20
Pullover OR pullover press 1x20
Machine press 2x8
Front pulldowns 2x8
DB bench 2x8
hammer curls 2x8
Pushdowns OR closegrip bench 2x8 (variety)

FRIDAY= Same as MONDAY, but like you said one week do above workout second week do heavy breathing deadlift monday and friday and squats on wednesday etc?!

Just did wednesdays workout. I tell u forcing out 20 reps on heavy breathing squats witha  weight u usually use for 10 reps is no laughing matter. Followed by heavy pullover press for 1 set of 20 reps. I am howeva considerin adding a second set of heavy breathing deadlifts as i dont find them quite as physically demanding as the heavy breathing squats (which due to weight being on ur shoulder and legs being under some sort of constant tension, is an absolute killer exercise).

I didnt feel as tired as i have in past after workouts, but that wsa because it was 1st one and although deads wer hard, im upping the weight for next workout.

Got 1st heavy breathing squat session on friday (bit scared), looking foreward to it in a kind of sick way haha. Il let u know how i get on.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Heavy breathing workout.......intense workouts.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 12:18:34 PM »
I pretty sure im doing the heavy breathing properly.
(for squats) Between each rep i take a deap breath in and out, then i take breath in while going down in squat and hold breath or breath out on way up, i then repeat process taking another deap breath in and out between rep one and two. I kaap doing this until iv done 11 reps, then i start taking two breathes between reps until i get to rep 16, and after that i take three breatheas between reps until iv done my 20 reps?!

On deads its slightly harder, take deep breath  in and out, then take small breath while im doing the rep, then once weight is on ground again i repeat it taking in another deap one in and out etc etc.
Though like i said on deadlift day im thinking of doing 2 sets of deads and pullovers instead of 1. Im gonna see how hard fridays squat session is before i decide wether to do just one squat set or 2!!

davie

davie

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 01:12:30 PM »
wow that looks really good, im planning on trying something similar, just alot of power movemnets three times a week, i would like to put on alot of quality mass and this seems like a good program to do it with. i wonder if jpm has any tweaks he wld make, i did pullovers for the first time yesterday and my chest is shot

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 01:20:32 PM »
i was thinking along the lines of
MON
squats
deadlifts
incline press
chins
pullovers
weighted dips
rows
db shoulder press
skull crushers
curls
shrugs
calf raises

WED
squats
sl dead lifts
dumbell bench
chins
db rows
pullovers
weighted dips
military press
press down
preacher curls
shrugs calf raises

FRI
front squats
deadlifts
incline db bench
chins
weighted dips
pullovers
rows
db shoulder press
skull crushers
preacher curls
shrugs
calf raises

I KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE ALOT BUT IM YOUNG AND NEVER REALLY FEEL LIKE I WORK ENOUGH AND USE HEAVY WEIGHTS FOR MY LAST 2 SETS WERE I CAN ONLY BANG OUT LIKE 5-7 REPS

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 01:39:32 PM »
I think JPM likes the heavy breathing idea, and the routine i posted.

Hope he can critique anything iv done, and answer final questions i had????

davie

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 01:52:32 PM »
o sorry davie i was trying to say urs was wrong, urs is actualy prob better then mine, sorry if it came out wrong, im new to the game, you seem to know what your talkin about

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 01:59:56 PM »
No problem bro.
Eh not really, i mean i know about old workouts iv used etc, but this one is new to me and, like everything in bodybuilding, its a constant learning process.

davie

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 01:51:40 AM »
No problem bro.
Eh not really, i mean i know about old workouts iv used etc, but this one is new to me and, like everything in bodybuilding, its a constant learning process.

davie

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 05:44:47 AM »
Right....completed 1st session of heavy breathing squats.
Squats were very hard. Took weight id usually use for abuot 10 reps and cranked out 20 v hard thighs parralel to ground reps. At 6'2 that deep for me guys. Thought the bar was gonna crush my spine as it was sitting on shoulders for so long.
completed rest of workout. some of the work wasnt as hard as athought it might be after the squats and pullover presses. i manage ok shoulder and incline press aswell as bb rows. and the bb curls and pushdowns wer not too bad either....all hard but i managed the weights i had selected for each which was good, though upping it next time will make it v hard.

davie

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 09:38:28 PM »
heavy breathing ... what's next, non-breathing, or how about helium breathing...
gayness  ::)

SG

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 02:20:34 AM »
Only thing gay was the fact that you thought it neccessary to read and then respond in the way u did! I bet u walked away from ur computer laughing to urself, thinking ud made a funny, u did didntu lol.  ur a winner

davie

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 09:30:47 PM »
I didn't find it NECESSARY to read and respond the way I did... I read it, realized the lameness of it and commented on my opinion. And no I didn't walk away from the computer thinking I made a funny, I couldn't walk I was trying to catch my breath after attempting the workout. Weird not using any weights just breathing heavy and calling it a workout! I am still sore from it...

SG  ::)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 01:48:53 AM »
If ud read it poperly u would know that for the deads and squats u use a weight ud normally use for about 10 reps and u force out 20!!
All other exercises are the same as u wud normally do them in a workout. And at least u didnt think it was funny, that i agree with.

davie

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 05:01:23 PM »
Your making this way to complicated

Heavy breathing is there any other type when your lifting hard?

I am gasping for air as it is don't think I am going to get anymore by counting my inhale exhale time

Just stick to heavy lifting the breathing part happpens all by itself

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 09:58:37 PM »
exactly

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 11:47:47 PM »
if breathing didnt  happend you would die ya know

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 01:55:32 AM »
Oh my word, i think i know that.
Its different, by concentrating more on taking very deep full breathes between each rep you can actually force out more reps!! If you dont believe me then just dont post.

davie