Author Topic: STARTING TO HAVE A NEW APPRECIATION FOR TRUMP  (Read 13311 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: STARTING TO HAVE A NEW APPRECIATION FOR TRUMP
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 05:49:28 PM »
Ego will be his downfall.

maybe... but maybe not.   Half of the shit Trump has said would 100% sink any other candidate's campaign.  The "i'm only proud of the POWs that DIDNT get caught" was some of the most classless shit ever said in american politics. 

At this point, the base WANTS to be shocked, they want the outrageous rude person.
At this point, the RINOs in the middle just don't want to 'miss out' on all the celebrity.

The minute his ego shrinks - THAT is when his campaign shrinks.  The first heartfelt apology, and voila, trump loses the pissed off base that hates everything.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »
maybe... but maybe not.   Half of the shit Trump has said would 100% sink any other candidate's campaign.  The "i'm only proud of the POWs that DIDNT get caught" was some of the most classless shit ever said in american politics.  

At this point, the base WANTS to be shocked, they want the outrageous rude person.
At this point, the RINOs in the middle just don't want to 'miss out' on all the celebrity.

The minute his ego shrinks - THAT is when his campaign shrinks.  The first heartfelt apology, and voila, trump loses the pissed off base that hates everything.

I actually didn't mind him saying that about McCain...McCain is a hypocrite...chimed in about Obama possibly being born in a foreign country when he HIMSELF was born in Panama.......when he was facing a tough primary, he suddenly veered far right and wanted a wall built on the Mexican border and supported illegal arrest and deportation......yet dropped those positions when he got re-elected....went on TV and blamed Obama for the  Veterans Hospital mess YET>>>>McCain is the head of the Armed Services Committee in congress and KNEW what was going on yet did nothing

Trump is right that McCain has been coasting on his record for a long time and has wasted the past seven years going on TV and talking about Obama yet has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIMSELF....

McCain is not a sacred cow

All of the Republicans arte neophytes....even Walker has done nothing spectacular except beat the unions...

Dick Cheney has a better record than ANY of the Republican contenders....if he wasn't such a dick I would hope he would run...if Jeb's father ran I would vote for him even though hes in a wheelchair and shitting on himself daily

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »
true that.... cheney, rummy... their resumes are how a presidents' SHOULD look.

A bunch of dudes that have been in national office fewer than 5 years, voting present and borrowing tons, paying off their wealthy donors and really leaving with short-term gains

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2015, 09:48:02 AM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2015, 09:53:14 AM »
No doubt.

probably......but Trump diferently is s different type of animal.....This is so exciting!...we've never had a guy like him run for president

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
probably......but Trump diferently is s different type of animal.....This is so exciting!...we've never had a guy like him run for president

Exciting?  I guess that's one way to describe it.  I think it's more like watching a slow moving train wreck. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2015, 10:24:15 AM »
Exciting?  I guess that's one way to describe it.  I think it's more like watching a slow moving train wreck. 

whats exciting is that I've never in my lifetime seen a candidate go at the others with the gloves totally off....with such abandon not caring what the consequenes are since he is NOT a career politician....The only guy he has not gone after is Ted Cruz

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
You have to distinguish between locker room and table talk and the things you say in a public forum.  People who lack self control say whatever they are thinking, regardless of the forum.  That's not the sign of a good leader. 

Even if we assume McCain hasn't done enough for veterans, that really doesn't give someone like Trump license to say whatever he wants in public.  The man has no class.   

couldn't disagree more, this is public office man, if you aren't doing shit or lazy or incompetent you need to be called out and removed. These fucking clowns make a career of politics, raping the working man. If it's true state it, if he is ranting then it's in bad taste. Stating facts is never wrong, ever.... who cares if peoples feelings are hurt? nothing happens...Sarah Palin was a moron, someone should have stated as much instantly. Suffering her stupidity was the worst approach. You are sounding like you enjoy political correctness?

If Mccain hasn't done shit for vets, every single tax payer has the right to call him out, that's what the BOSS is suppose to do.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2015, 10:37:30 AM »
couldn't disagree more, this is public office man, if you aren't doing shit or lazy or incompetent you need to be called out and removed. These fucking clowns make a career of politics, raping the working man. If it's true state it, if he is ranting then it's in bad taste. Stating facts is never wrong, ever.... who cares if peoples feelings are hurt? nothing happens...Sarah Palin was a moron, someone should have stated as much instantly. Suffering her stupidity was the worst approach. You are sounding like you enjoy political correctness?

If Mccain hasn't done shit for vets, every single tax payer has the right to call him out, that's what the BOSS is suppose to do.

I do agree with Dos Equis and think that presidential candidates should be civil and should have a proper discourse, but I like your point about Sarah Palin being a total moron and no one would ACTUALLY COME OUT AND SAY IT....I have to admit that was very frustrating.......had her opponents called her a moron from the beginning and not tolerated her nonsensical whimsy, she may not have gone on to embarrass herself the way she ultimately did...

yes lets face it, we want our politicians to be gentlemen, but sometimes the fake politeness gets in the way of what really must be said

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »
I actually didn't mind him saying that about McCain...McCain is a hypocrite...chimed in about Obama possibly being born in a foreign country when he HIMSELF was born in Panama.......when he was facing a tough primary, he suddenly veered far right and wanted a wall built on the Mexican border and supported illegal arrest and deportation......yet dropped those positions when he got re-elected....went on TV and blamed Obama for the  Veterans Hospital mess YET>>>>McCain is the head of the Armed Services Committee in congress and KNEW what was going on yet did nothing

Trump is right that McCain has been coasting on his record for a long time and has wasted the past seven years going on TV and talking about Obama yet has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIMSELF....

McCain is not a sacred cow

All of the Republicans arte neophytes....even Walker has done nothing spectacular except beat the unions...

Dick Cheney has a better record than ANY of the Republican contenders....if he wasn't such a dick I would hope he would run...if Jeb's father ran I would vote for him even though hes in a wheelchair and shitting on himself daily

I do mind.. here's why...

Yes McCain sucks.. yes he's an angry old man.. yes he flip flopped... all the things you said may be true.. and by god.. slam him on those things.. but Trump hasn't for one second imagined what it must have been like to be a Vietnam POW.. what MCCain endured and survived.. THAT should be a sacred cow. Blast him for his politics all day long.. Mock being a POW and you are a low life POS scumbag.. just my opinion

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 11:14:18 AM »
I do mind.. here's why...

Yes McCain sucks.. yes he's an angry old man.. yes he flip flopped... all the things you said may be true.. and by god.. slam him on those things.. but Trump hasn't for one second imagined what it must have been like to be a Vietnam POW.. what MCCain endured and survived.. THAT should be a sacred cow. Blast him for his politics all day long.. Mock being a POW and you are a low life POS scumbag.. just my opinion

yes but you see, I live in New York City where Trump is based...I've heard him over the years.....he has always been big here in NY....part of what he was saying was a JOKE...yes, a harsh joke...in which he was trying to make a point.....its like when we were kids and someone came at you with something that hit a little too close to home....so then you would do the same thing in turn, but not REALLY mean it....but getting people to laugh at you was a way of getting back at you.....I think thats what Trump does and people unfortunately take it very very seriously because he's a candidate...not making excuses for the guy but his philosophy is that he will hit back at you if you hit him hard and then to see who can take it more....you or him

saying that Trump was a Jackass was a big insult as well in politics

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2015, 01:46:12 PM »
whats exciting is that I've never in my lifetime seen a candidate go at the others with the gloves totally off....with such abandon not caring what the consequenes are since he is NOT a career politician....The only guy he has not gone after is Ted Cruz

I'd call it more entertaining than exciting.  But that's just me. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2015, 01:48:39 PM »

No, a leader should not state "facts" in any manner he or she chooses.  And some of those "fact" are actually opinions.  Delivery is important.  Context is important.  Consensus building is important.  Trump's scorched earth approach is really an example of someone who lacks true intelligence.  Really smart people know how to get their message across without acting like a donkey. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2015, 01:49:26 PM »

same thing..you're parsing words :)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »
No, a leader should not state "facts" in any manner he or she chooses.  And some of those "fact" are actually opinions.  Delivery is important.  Context is important.  Consensus building is important.  Trump's scorched earth approach is really an example of someone who lacks true intelligence.  Really smart people know how to get their message across without acting like a donkey. 

I agree that he doesn't think things through and that he has limited intelligence in terms of understadning the world's problems....

BUT...sometimes just saying things without a whole lot of thought and just cutting through all the bull works well because you stay on message.....even though real facts be damned....and Trump is certainly very very good at staying on message.....he doesn't obfuscate...he says something...doubles down on it and people are attracted to that......instead of hearing politik-speak where candidates talk all day and say little

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2015, 02:02:08 PM »
same thing..you're parsing words :)

They don't mean the same thing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »
I agree that he doesn't think things through and that he has limited intelligence in terms of understadning the world's problems....

BUT...sometimes just saying things without a whole lot of thought and just cutting through all the bull works well because you stay on message.....even though real facts be damned....and Trump is certainly very very good at staying on message.....he doesn't obfuscate...he says something...doubles down on it and people are attracted to that......instead of hearing politik-speak where candidates talk all day and say little

He has limited intelligence, because he doesn't know how to properly interact with and treat people, particularly those he disagrees with. 

Saying things without a lot of thought is a horrible way to operate, especially for a leader. 

Even those who like plain talk are going to get tired of him. 

If you want an example of someone who knows when to turn it on and off, it's Christie. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2015, 02:47:13 PM »
He has limited intelligence, because he doesn't know how to properly interact with and treat people, particularly those he disagrees with. 

Saying things without a lot of thought is a horrible way to operate, especially for a leader. 

Even those who like plain talk are going to get tired of him. 

If you want an example of someone who knows when to turn it on and off, it's Christie. 

I don't know....Christie is in some ways worse because he actually goes after people in his audience.....that may not endear you to voters if you come off like a bully.......at least Trump can claim to pick on people his own size :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2015, 02:52:00 PM »
I don't know....Christie is in some ways worse because he actually goes after people in his audience.....that may not endear you to voters if you come off like a bully.......at least Trump can claim to pick on people his own size :)

Christi responds to people who are being obnoxious themselves, at least in the clips I've seen.

Kinda hard for Christi to pick on someone his own size.  lol   ;D  Well played . . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2015, 04:03:21 PM »

you bragged about meeting palin.

Would you say the trump electricity eclipses even hers?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2015, 04:05:07 PM »

He must have had stars in his eyes ;)...Dos equis..is she as pretty in real life??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2015, 04:11:04 PM »

I didn't brag about anything you lying insecure twerp.  lol   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2015, 04:13:37 PM »
He must have had stars in his eyes ;)...Dos equis..is she as pretty in real life??

No stars.   :)  Just ran into her at the airport (along with her family).  Nice lady.  Looks much smaller in real life.  And yes pretty in real life. 

What's funny is it was right before the cap "scandal," where she was wearing a cap with McCain's name blacked out.  She wound up leaving Maui early because of all of the attention. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »
No stars.   :)  Just ran into her at the airport (along with her family).  Nice lady.  Looks much smaller in real life.  And yes pretty in real life. 

What's funny is it was right before the cap "scandal," where she was wearing a cap with McCain's name blacked out.  She wound up leaving Maui early because of all of the attention. 

LOL!

would you choose Palin, Trump, or the rest of the field, if they were matched up in the GOP Primary?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »
LOL!

would you choose Palin, Trump, or the rest of the field, if they were matched up in the GOP Primary?

Ah yes.  The twisted mind of a CT nut.