Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 408848 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #350 on: August 26, 2015, 10:54:41 AM »
Didn't spend alot of time downtown but it looked very cool, hate the one way streets though. ;D
Got a wake up call there, customers main facility has decided to close this building down, about 50-60 more unemployed.  :-\

That's not good for Oregon's economy. The University of Oregon keeps the economy in Corvallis fairly stable. the same is not true for many other towns. We need more big corporations like Facebook, Nike, Intel and Precision Castparts to locate here.

I guess one-way streets are a less expensive way to control too much traffic. Widening or building new roads seems to always run in the hundreds of millions. Many of Portland's bridges are in dire need of repair or even a rebuild as is happening with the Sellwood bridge. The metro part of I-5 needs a couple of new lanes in both directions and a new Columbia river bridge. Plans to build the "Columbia River Crossing" stagnated or died altogether when Washington back out of the project. We lost a lot of Federal dollars that were earmarked for that project.

Do you think you will be going back to Corvallis on business again?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #351 on: August 26, 2015, 11:58:18 AM »
Not unless HP needs me, not alot of customers in that area.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2015, 06:26:26 AM »
Didn't spend alot of time downtown but it looked very cool, hate the one way streets though. ;D
Got a wake up call there, customers main facility has decided to close this building down, about 50-60 more unemployed.  :-\
Feel for the 50-60 people.. you give your advice or what ?  :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2015, 11:35:38 AM »
Not unless HP needs me, not alot of customers in that area.

HP used to be a good company to work for. I think they had a facility in Wilsonville awhile back. My wife and I went on a Mystery Train Adventure, years ago. Most of the other passengers were HP employees. This was a fairly expensive thing to do. HP paid the tab for their employees.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2015, 11:57:21 AM »
HP used to be a good company to work for. I think they had a facility in Wilsonville awhile back. My wife and I went on a Mystery Train Adventure, years ago. Most of the other passengers were HP employees. This was a fairly expensive thing to do. HP paid the tab for their employees.
Not sure what that facility does. I had a chance to go to HP in Ireland a couple of years back, but they decided to go with a different approach and we met in Canada instead.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2015, 11:58:30 AM »
Not sure what that facility does. I had a chance to go to HP in Ireland a couple of years back, but they decided to go with a different approach and we met in Canada instead.
Wow

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »

Too bad. Ireland is beautiful according to some friends of mine who've been there a couple of times. My wife and I missed an opportunity to go to Ireland a few years back.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »
Wednesday I worked back, traps and delts.

Weight assisted pull ups, 4x12-8
Hammer low rows, 4x12-8
Dumbbell shrugs, 4x12-10
Cable upright rows, 4x12-8
Stand side lateral raises, 4x12-10
Standing front dumbbell raises, 4x12-10
Nautilus low back, 4X15

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2015, 02:49:19 PM »
Wow

Canada is okay, but Ireland's better. Of course it is even better yet when you can extend a business trip into a personal one so you have plenty of time for sightseeing.

How are your workouts going. Are you running a lot or have you been able to add in some other exercises? How are you feeling?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
Trained chest and back today.

Gym Observations:

1. Saw some really impressive lifting by a guy who weighed about 185 who was doing a bodybuilding routine. Such as using 275 for reps in the flat bench for his sets touching his chest with the bar to full lock out in smooth clean reps. 225 for inclines were all the way down touching his  upper chest with the bar. I realize these aren't in the ratified elite category but for a light guy I thought this was impressive lifting.

2. Finished my lifting. Instead of doing deadlifts I did power cleans in the beginning of the workout. I finished back and chest exhausted but I spotted my friend deadlifting in the back of the gym.  He was doing his reps with 315lbs and I joined in.  I was shot when I left but it showed me I had a little left in the tank when I thought I couldn't do anymore.

3. The more I observe women lifting in the gym the more impressed I am with how the serious ones don't cheat the exercise to use impressive poundage.  Many use a full range of motion doing exercises in the hardest way and not the easiest way.  

4. Notice  quite a few things that weren't in the gym back in the day. Stuff like ropes to shake up and down, TRX straps, cross fit type contraption circuits for time. Things that drive me crazy are the dumbbells that go up 10lbs after 80lbs. No 85lbs dumbbells. No 95lbs dumbbells and so on. They do have dumbbells heavier than I can use. I can dream.  I notice the big 150lbs dumbbells are never used. Once in awhile I see a buffoon use them for a couple of half reps then strut like a peacock after.

5. Why are the racks that hold the barbell in the incline bench so far back?  What a shoulder wrecker as you swing the barbell forward to start the movement and then swing it back to catch the barbell at the end. Many have complained about it.

6. I noticed a brunette haired hottie using all the hammer strength machines going from one to another. She didn't unload one machine as a courtesy.  The vast majority unloads the machines and the gym rules say to leave every machine unloaded. Thought this was low rent. She probably gets away with a lot in her life looking that.

7. I might take the advice from a woman lifter.  She said she made more improvement when she stopped caring about getting stronger and went for high reps and high sets. Her husband says the same thing.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »
Nothing annoys me more than someone not putting dumbbells back in the rack and not offloading the plates when they are done with the equipment.

It's fun to move in on what they are using and have them come running over saying, "I am still using that."

I reply, " Sorry, but it's hard to know when your done, since you don't ever clear off the weights."

If I'm sure they are finished with the equipment and start to walk without putting the plates back, I'll say, "Didn't you forget something?"

Occasionally they give me a dirty look and other times they go back and do what they should have done in the first place.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2015, 01:26:10 AM »
Canada is okay, but Ireland's better. Of course it is even better yet when you can extend a business trip into a personal one so you have plenty of time for sightseeing.

How are your workouts going. Are you running a lot or have you been able to add in some other exercises? How are you feeling?
I liked Canada,liked the Girls...had my Jollies there a few times  ;D Training wise still much the same running a Cycling every Day..i alternate them. Woke up the other Night with acute pain in my right hand.. middle and ring finger. they were like stiff as a board and i had to slowly bend them with my other hand and get movement in there. Sitting here squeezing my Fucking rubber ball as i type this.. ;D I will be starting injections again under PRT as i got a letter yesterday from my Krankenkasse saying they will pay for it, good when you have a lawyer ;) they will pay for "Volon" and not "Lipotalon" which i was getting injected. I will have to look into the difference in them. Maybe someone knows here.. Just shows you, not long ago they refused to pay for anything. Now i will take the injections and take them to court for "extra" costs just got to be a double attack.. ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #362 on: August 28, 2015, 05:17:53 AM »
I liked Canada,liked the Girls...had my Jollies there a few times  ;D Training wise still much the same running a Cycling every Day..i alternate them. Woke up the other Night with acute pain in my right hand.. middle and ring finger. they were like stiff as a board and i had to slowly bend them with my other hand and get movement in there. Sitting here squeezing my Fucking rubber ball as i type this.. ;D I will be starting injections again under PRT as i got a letter yesterday from my Krankenkasse saying they will pay for it, good when you have a lawyer ;) they will pay for "Volon" and not "Lipotalon" which i was getting injected. I will have to look into the difference in them. Maybe someone knows here.. Just shows you, not long ago they refused to pay for anything. Now i will take the injections and take them to court for "extra" costs just got to be a double attack.. ;)

Not sure what's going on with you medically?  Is it a pinched nerve in your neck causing the hand problems?   Anyway hope you get well soon. I know how frustrating these set backs can be.  When being in shape is not only a life style but a passion it really can put you into a down mood chronically. The mind is willing but the body won't cooperate. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #363 on: August 28, 2015, 05:24:21 AM »
Not sure what's going on with you medically?  Is it a pinched nerve in your neck causing the hand problems?   Anyway hope you get well soon. I know how frustrating these set backs can be.  When being in shape is not only a life style but a passion it really can put you into a down mood chronically. The mind is willing but the body won't cooperate. 
Basically this.. C6/C7 itīs the right side.
http://www.spine-health.com/video/cervical-herniated-disc-video

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: August 28, 2015, 06:30:29 AM »
Wow
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2015, 06:36:26 AM »
Got a wake up call there, customers main facility has decided to close this building down, about 50-60 more unemployed.  :-\
Remind me to recommend you  :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: August 28, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »

The difference between Volon and Lipotalon is probably just the brand name or whether it is generic or not. In the U.S. medical insurance providers and drug companies make pricing deals, meaning which ever drug the insurance provider can get for less money is the one they will cover. Usually, it has nothing to do with quality. If one drug works better for you, you can apply for an exception. I have no idea how this works in Germany. My wife ran into this situation when she started having to inject insulin. The brand her doctor prescribed was not covered by our insurance so we had to change brands or pay the difference, which was a fair amount.

Don't give up on the rubber ball.  Using it is keeping your hand and your lower arm exercised. There was a time when the nerve pain in my hands, mostly the right hand was so severe it would wake me up during the night. It eventually went away (don't know why or how). My doctor prescribed medication to help with nerve pain. I didn't like the side effects, so I stopped using it.

You seem to be managing by finding the things you can do physically without risking damage to yourself.  There is nothing wrong with cycling and running. Your legs will get huge. You will have a cyclist's physique if you do it long enough. Hang in there. It may take time, but you'll get better.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2015, 07:36:58 AM »
Today was a slow(ish) run in the woods.. itīs warm again. Still getting a good Tan. last couple of times i was out i bumped into a woman who says she walks 10 miles a Day. She is about Middle 50s i would say and in great shape. Had a good conversation. Donīt know what she does work wise but seems very Educated. Has a very pretty face.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2015, 07:57:36 AM »
Trained legs today:

Squats 3 x 8
barbell lunges 2 x 8
leg extensions 4 x 12 ( just felt like doing more)
lying leg curl 2 x 10
Inner and outer leg machine 2 x 10
Standing one leg squat machine 2 x 10

Donkey calf machine 2 x 15
Seated calf machine 2 x 15

ab coaster 2 x 20 30lbs
ab wheel 1 x max
ab twisting machine 2 x 10

Neck at home.

Going to use more sets I think starting tomorrow. Low sets with heavy weights is starting to get old really fast.

Gym Observations:

1. People just talk to much in the gym. I never seen so much bull shitting as I have seen today. 5 minute break between sets to talk? I bet they claim 3 hour workouts.  

2. I don't know how my non existent calves can hurt so much when I train them? I have the boxer Tommy Hearn calves. Bill Grant took a look at my calves once and said, "Damn, do a calf raise once in awhile."

3. Big boobed brunette milf kept pushing her tits up when a guy walked by.

4. Working out after a big weekend of bars, beach, pools and beer is really hard.

5. Met pound for pound one of the best fighters featherweight Frankie Eggar in a bar. Really friendly.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2015, 08:12:43 AM »
back from vacation past weekend.'rich'knows what jersey shore is like when all the 'cards'are in place like warm water/sun/beach ,there is nothing like it ..piece of heaven only 1.5 hrs away drive for me...waves were great.big/strong,rode them in 'body surfing'all day..water clean ,a bit salty but great for skin/sun..got nice tan ,was very lean this year again,a bit lighter than past tho,,I am going into a sorta eating mode soon for fall/winter like to put close to 10 lbs get a bit stronger if it equates .try not to wash out abs too much lol...I like being lean but sometimes body feels sluggish if not all things are in harmony,even tho outside u look great ,overall sometimes u get overtrained feeling trying to hold onto low bf and training hard as well...tonite is normal return to gym,i did a total upperbody workout at home sat,and that felt good got great pump from not training hard for better part of a week or so..i feel better as well from my 'infection'drinking water plentiful is in cards now for sure...I miss the 'beach'never want it to end...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2015, 08:42:05 AM »
back from vacation past weekend.'rich'knows what jersey shore is like when all the 'cards'are in place like warm water/sun/beach ,there is nothing like it ..piece of heaven only 1.5 hrs away drive for me...waves were great.big/strong,rode them in 'body surfing'all day..water clean ,a bit salty but great for skin/sun..got nice tan ,was very lean this year again,a bit lighter than past tho,,I am going into a sorta eating mode soon for fall/winter like to put close to 10 lbs get a bit stronger if it equates .try not to wash out abs too much lol...I like being lean but sometimes body feels sluggish if not all things are in harmony,even tho outside u look great ,overall sometimes u get overtrained feeling trying to hold onto low bf and training hard as well...tonite is normal return to gym,i did a total upperbody workout at home sat,and that felt good got great pump from not training hard for better part of a week or so..i feel better as well from my 'infection'drinking water plentiful is in cards now for sure...I miss the 'beach'never want it to end...

Move to the beach like I did. After the big weekend coming the beaches will be empty and the water is often the warmest in September. I was body surfing on Sunday. Roughest water of the year. Life guards did three rescues while I was there.

Found an incredible bar/restaurant in Seaside Heights. The Savor lounge. Really classy looking place without the scum. Just looks inside like it doesn't belong in Seaside. Big outdoor bar with a great band on Friday night. Classy looking restaurant. Met Frankie Edgar there one of the best UFC fighters around. He was very friendly and I have a great picture of him with the wife and I.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2015, 08:45:55 AM »
Move to the beach like I did. After the big weekend coming the beaches will be empty and the water is often the warmest in September. I was body surfing on Sunday. Roughest water of the year. Life guards did three rescues while I was there.

Found an incredible bar/restaurant in Seaside Heights. The Savor lounge. Really classy looking place without the scum. Just looks inside like it doesn't belong in Seaside. Big outdoor bar with a great band on Friday night. Classy looking restaurant. Met Frankie Edgar there one of the best UFC fighters around. He was very friendly and I have a great picture of him with the wife and I.
The Air must be great there too...very lucky. I like it when there is a good wind coming from the sea.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2015, 08:46:23 AM »

ya know rich i'm a northern nj guy through and through but my wife has her best friend in toms river and boy i'm tempted man really, il love jersey shore ..i'm in car buissness and lester glen owns many dealerships up and down route 36 ,u never know..my wife has mentioned it many times to move there..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #373 on: August 31, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »
I spent about 30 years in north jersey in Hudson and Bergen county. Spent my first 27 years in Union city by the Lincoln tunnel. I then moved to Monmouth and now Ocean. I love Ocean county and will never live anywhere else in New Jersey. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »
I wish you all would stop talking about how wonderful the Jersey Shore is....you're making me jealous. There is no time of the year when the ocean here is really warm enough to either swim or surf. Surfers mainly wear wetsuits. You don't see many swimmers, unless you count those of us who will brave the surf, wading in up to our knees. Once the cold water hits my balls, I am done. The old adage about getting your head wet to become accustomed to the water temp, is bogus.  :'(