Author Topic: car key remotes that dont go anywhere  (Read 2787 times)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Re: car key remotes that dont go anywhere
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 08:36:39 PM »

Yeah bought it before my holiday, it should be ready 1st September for 65 plate.

I'm half excited and half terrified that I've made a classic mid life crisis mistake LOL.
£62,000 for Ghibli with Ferrari 420hp engine and rear wheel drive for UK only.
It sounds magnificent tho, when the bypass valve is pressed.
ll let you know how it pans out.

I saw in a earlier thread that you were thinking of getting a Maserati.
Is it the ghibli you have.?
How does it stack up to Merc's, bmw's for build quality etc.?
Maserati's always have that great exhaust Sounds.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 10:20:26 PM »

Yeah bought it before my holiday, it should be ready 1st September for 65 plate.

I'm half excited and half terrified that I've made a classic mid life crisis mistake LOL.
£62,000 for Ghibli with Ferrari 420hp engine and rear wheel drive for UK only.
It sounds magnificent tho, when the bypass valve is pressed.
ll let you know how it pans out.

Doubt you've made a mistake.
I see one in a hotel car park a couple wks ago where I stayed
It was Fantastic looking car, paint work was so deep & rich.
The interior was very classy.
Only thing I wasn't happy about was he parked it next to my car.
The Git..ha

Sounds like you like your cars, & have the means to buy them.
Good on you. Enjoy.😃

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 10:07:18 PM »
Thanks pal.
I've worked hard since leaving the RAF 20+ years ago and have done well for myself via my explosion proof system control business. Still stay in same modest house near Glasgow which I have extended but it's no millionaire's palace. I have a nice home in Florida too but I love my cars. Just a working man and ex serviceman made good.
The best thing about the Maserati when I had it on the 24 hour test drive was the sound. Press a button and it sounds like a 1970's F1 Ferrari.
Fast as fuck too.
A new S 65amg is like £100kand I got this beauty for £62k and still keep my S500 and 2008 S320 for long drives.
I actually love driving the wife's 2014 slk agm for short drives and my kid's MINI is an absolute hoot.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »
I was at SeaWorld today. I was looking forward to the Shamu show where they ask Veterans to stand and be applauded.
With this in mind I was wearing my camouflage vest with "desert storm 1 1991 veteran" written on the back and matching fuckin baseball cap and had pumped myself up for 30 minutes with baked bean cans before getting in the car with the family.

When I got into my parking space I dropped the fuckin key down the side if the chair and had to spend 10 minutes feeling around for it.
People were laughing.
Total fuckin humiliation.

Then on the way home I'm driving at 70mph on the I 4 and a message  comes up that says "key not detected".
I had to pull over at Gaylord Palms and shut down and start engine again.
This has never happened with any other car since I bought my Florida pad 10 years ago.

A day of pride became a day of humiliation for this VET. :(

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »
Thanks pal.
I've worked hard since leaving the RAF 20+ years ago and have done well for myself via my explosion proof system control business. Still stay in same modest house near Glasgow which I have extended but it's no millionaire's palace. I have a nice home in Florida too but I love my cars. Just a working man and ex serviceman made good.
The best thing about the Maserati when I had it on the 24 hour test drive was the sound. Press a button and it sounds like a 1970's F1 Ferrari.
Fast as fuck too.
A new S 65amg is like £100kand I got this beauty for £62k and still keep my S500 and 2008 S320 for long drives.
I actually love driving the wife's 2014 slk agm for short drives and my kid's MINI is an absolute hoot.

Good going. That's a success story.
The explosion proof control system... You lost me.
Is that to do with military stuff.
What ever it is it's certainly profitable.

£62k.. I thought they were quite a bit more than that.

I bought & sold a mini a couple of yrs back, & got to say
I was impressed as it was 1st time I had been in one
Or driven one.

That no key slot business is just not a good idea
Just to many potential problems.

Enjoy your hols.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 10:56:42 PM »
Thanks pal.
Fast as fuck too.

Good going. That's a success story.
The explosion proof control system... You lost me.
Is that to do with military stuff.
What ever it is it's certainly profitable.

£62k.. I thought they were quite a bit more than that.

I bought & sold a mini a couple of yrs back, & got to say
I was impressed as it was 1st time I had been in one
Or driven one.

That no key slot business is just not a good idea
Just to many potential problems.

Enjoy your hols.

Thanks again. The explosion proof stuff actually came from my father in law. In the RAF I was responsible for the long range Nimrods in terms of maintenance. I was a sergeant in charge of getting everything turned around and back in the air ASAP. Many times I flow with them in case something went wrong. They were still used in desert storm 1, 24 years ago. I still remember that first desert storm and having nothing more than a parachute and side arm 45 if things got hairy.

As far as explosion proof systems are concerned just think about oil rigs and even gas stations. The slightest spark and things go up. Most of my money is based on oil rig and whiskey distillery work these days. I sold 90% early this year for $7.5 million and am enjoying life at 54.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »
Thanks again. The explosion proof stuff actually came from my father in law. In the RAF I was responsible for the long range Nimrods in terms of maintenance. I was a sergeant in charge of getting everything turned around and back in the air ASAP. Many times I flow with them in case something went wrong. They were still used in desert storm 1, 24 years ago. I still remember that first desert storm and having nothing more than a parachute and side arm 45 if things got hairy.

As far as explosion proof systems are concerned just think about oil rigs and even gas stations. The slightest spark and things go up. Most of my money is based on oil rig and whiskey distillery work these days. I sold 90% early this year for $7.5 million and am enjoying life at 54.

It a pleasure to have a decent adult conversation on here for once. Ha.
We are the same age and have some similar tastes & like only separated by the 7.5m£+
 ;)👍🏻
I can understand from what you said how Totally important a explosion proof system is.
And with lives at stake & extremely expensive machinery, products & structures how
It would generate a healthy Profit.

It's great to hear a success story, & more so when that person is living the kind of
Life I think I would do in that situation.

Enjoy & keep passing on the good times you are having.

Oh if you also have any other Financially Good ideas...pls.
Ha.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 04:07:17 PM »
I think it's awesome.

Have you ever considered keeping the key fob in your pocket? ???

My Z06 will pick up the fob from about 20-30 feet away, but it only allows the doors to unlock.  The fob has to be within 3-feet of the dash for the ignition to work.

Nothing more badass than sitting in your ride and pushing a button to activate 505hp.

I do think it's a security risk.  If I'm sitting outside at a restaurant, i sure as hell don't want some dumbass opening up my doors.

8)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 09:45:52 PM »
It's a pleasure to have a decent adult conversation on here for once. Ha.
We are the same age and have some similar tastes & like only separated by the 7.5m£+
 ;)👍🏻
I can understand from what you said how Totally important a explosion proof system is.
And with lives at stake & extremely expensive machinery, products & structures how
It would generate a healthy Profit.

It's great to hear a success story, & more so when that person is living the kind of
Life I think I would do in that situation.

Enjoy & keep passing on the good times you are having.

Oh if you also have any other Financially Good ideas...pls.
Ha.

I appreciate your comments. I decided I wanted to have some cash when I was still young enough to enjoy it hence I accepted the sale.
Don't forget the UK HMRC taxes the sale of a business at 40% capital gains tax so I will only see approx. $4 million. half of that is based on achieving 2 years forecast profits so I only got $2 million after tax this year and the same in 2017 if things go as per forecast.
Enough to have a nice life till I'm 80 and buy my kids a nice house each to give them a start in life and maybe some cash when I die.
I'm no Donald Trump but I consider myself very fortunate. :D

Except for that fuckin keyless ignition system. >:(

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »
I think it's awesome.

Have you ever considered keeping the key fob in your pocket? ???

My Z06 will pick up the fob from about 20-30 feet away, but it only allows the doors to unlock.  The fob has to be within 3-feet of the dash for the ignition to work.

Nothing more badass than sitting in your ride and pushing a button to activate 505hp.

I do think it's a security risk.  If I'm sitting outside at a restaurant, i sure as hell don't want some dumbass opening up my doors.

8)
I don't have a pocket in my 1991 desert storm camouflage vest which I wear to the theme parks so I get plenty "thanks for your service" comments hence the problem.

Maybe I'm just old school. I pull out my key from the ignition and automatically know its in my hand.
With the keyless gadget it put it in a cup holder and when I park I press the button and walk away and then remember the remote is in the cup holder.

My kid's mini has a slot your stick the remote into and then you press the button to start. When you arrive you pull the remote out to turn off  the engine so it's in your hand when you exit.

I must admit I do like pressing the button in my Ford Explorer and the 3.5 l v6 growls nicely on full acceleration.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2015, 06:27:12 AM »
I appreciate your comments. I decided I wanted to have some cash when I was still young enough to enjoy it hence I accepted the sale.
Don't forget the UK HMRC taxes the sale of a business at 40% capital gains tax so I will only see approx. $4 million. half of that is based on achieving 2 years forecast profits so I only got $2 million after tax this year and the same in 2017 if things go as per forecast.
Enough to have a nice life till I'm 80 and buy my kids a nice house each to give them a start in life and maybe some cash when I die.
I'm no Donald Trump but I consider myself very fortunate. :D

Except for that fuckin keyless ignition system. >:(

Yes them at hmrc have got to take near on half of your hard work.
Sometimes I think Mafia would be a more appropriate name for them.

The 50% of sale now & 50% in 2yrs tied to performance isn't ideal either
I presume it's a kind of guarantee they have bought wisely.
A associate I know has bought a company for £2 million with on a similar
Kind of basis.

Still You may have to tighten your belt a bit Now, though I'm sure you'll
Just get by.. 😉

Great that your giving your kids a helpful start in life.
Hopefully they have learnt from their Dad & also go on to achieve high.

Like I said it's a Good success story, And enjoyable to read.
Got to post some pics of them cars....
Err I mean Damn Keys... Ha.