Author Topic: mr world 1952...  (Read 14667 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
mr world 1952...
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »
 ;D and the winner is jim park...
F

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
Re: mr world 1952...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:45:52 AM »
I think the biggest reason why bb'ers are so much larger now than then is bb'ers are more & more willing to pay a price in pain that is higher & higher, particularly lower body training.  Its not drugs (which don't work IMO), although synthol use the ONLY way to explain arms bigger than the great Sergio Oliva's.  The internet now enables many hopefuls access to much better training ideologies more than ever before no matter where they are.  I don't think anyone of any significance in the 1950's-60's trained anywhere near the insane level in intensity which greats such as Tom Platz.
I

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »
I think the biggest reason why bb'ers are so much larger now than then is bb'ers are more & more willing to pay a price in pain that is higher & higher, particularly lower body training.
  :o Its not drugs (which don't work IMO)  :o,
although synthol use the ONLY way to explain arms bigger than the great Sergio Oliva's.  The internet now enables many hopefuls access to much better training ideologies more than ever before no matter where they are.  I don't think anyone of any significance in the 1950's-60's trained anywhere near the insane level in intensity which greats such as Tom Platz.

:o Drugs don't work....
Please explain your rationale

My son has to take a lot of medication, without it he most likely be extremely ill or possibly dead.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 12:06:14 PM »
I wonder how many of these guys worked manual labor 12hrs a day 7 days a week. I doubt any of them did this full time like today. Not to mention they had shit equipment that probably did more harm then good.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 12:17:16 PM »
I meant there is no drug which will increase the rate of hypertrophy as a result of resistance training.  Its all a mind game.  Hulk Hogan anyone would agree no doubt used literally gallons of steroids in his day (still does) yet he was actually larger before ever becoming famous.  Ah-nuld, as evidenced by HERCULES IN NEW YORK, was as larger if not larger than he ever was despite again anyone agreeing that he used gallons of steroids during his competitive days (still does).  Steroid advocates please explain to me if steroids are the magic potion to "hugeness" how could all this possibly be?  It couldn't.  Sure steroids will for a very short amount of time increase physical performance such as in an athletic competition.  But they will not in the long-term increase muscle hypertrophy.  Unless you call swelling up w/ gallons of subcutaneous edema due to a damaged liver "muscle".

Artificially elevating a person's testosterone level beyond the limits of a healthy range will NOT increase your results.  All you super intelligent body is going to do is lower it's own endogenous hormone production (if your lucky).

I

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 01:08:09 PM »
I meant there is no drug which will increase the rate of hypertrophy as a result of resistance training.  Its all a mind game.  Hulk Hogan anyone would agree no doubt used literally gallons of steroids in his day (still does) yet he was actually larger before ever becoming famous.  Ah-nuld, as evidenced by HERCULES IN NEW YORK, was as larger if not larger than he ever was despite again anyone agreeing that he used gallons of steroids during his competitive days (still does).  Steroid advocates please explain to me if steroids are the magic potion to "hugeness" how could all this possibly be?  It couldn't.  Sure steroids will for a very short amount of time increase physical performance such as in an athletic competition.  But they will not in the long-term increase muscle hypertrophy.  Unless you call swelling up w/ gallons of subcutaneous edema due to a damaged liver "muscle".

Artificially elevating a person's testosterone level beyond the limits of a healthy range will NOT increase your results.  All you super intelligent body is going to do is lower it's own endogenous hormone production (if your lucky).

^^^ ::)

your super intelligent body does indeed alter its mechanisms to counter it- but before it does that, the benefits are to be had.

and your body can only counter it so much. eventually it dies- thats the counter punch.

prior to that it adjusts everything it can to find homeostasis. but you are wrong about the rest of your post.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 02:38:02 PM »
;D and the winner is jim park...

Who's the tall guy with number 15?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »
I think the biggest reason why bb'ers are so much larger now than then is bb'ers are more & more willing to pay a price in pain that is higher & higher, particularly lower body training.  Its not drugs (which don't work IMO), although synthol use the ONLY way to explain arms bigger than the great Sergio Oliva's.  The internet now enables many hopefuls access to much better training ideologies more than ever before no matter where they are.  I don't think anyone of any significance in the 1950's-60's trained anywhere near the insane level in intensity which greats such as Tom Platz.

again with the "drugs don't work" trolling.
Give it up already man, nobody is dumb enough to buy into that... Your Hero platz would have been a total TWIG without them. Narrow girly shoulders like most guys with natural big calves, whatever man...
 ::) ::) ::)
?

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 03:23:04 PM »
Well...I'm currently 247lbs+ @ 17.5%bf & have alot of growing to do.  I'm convinced I can NATURALLY put at least another 30lbs of lbm while eating very calories per day.  I've used everything from sustanon, deca, fina, winny, EQ, masteron & dbol and got nothing out of it but health problems.  Here's a pic of 110lbs lighter than I am now after a near fatal auto accident. 
I

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
Well...I'm currently 247lbs+ @ 17.5%bf & have alot of growing to do.  I'm convinced I can NATURALLY put at least another 30lbs of lbm while eating very calories per day.  I've used everything from sustanon, deca, fina, winny, EQ, masteron & dbol and got nothing out of it but health problems.  Here's a pic of 110lbs lighter than I am now after a near fatal auto accident. 

This dude looks better than the obese dude on the beach. You're a mildly entertaining gimmick

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 04:28:21 PM »
In your opinion which means less than nothing to me.
I

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 05:09:39 PM »
Todays bodybuilding is 90% drugs...........they work.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 05:53:45 PM »

So, are you saying it's not all drugs? What you've said does not make sense and goes against all conventional wisdom.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 05:58:25 PM »
Those guys had real jobs back in the day. Also the only drug that existed was testosterone and most didn't use it. They trained like dogs back then with limited equipment. Full body routines was the standard way to train and many also competed in Olympic lifting. The AAU Mr. America had athletic points you had to earn through Olympic lifting. Can you imagine anyone in the top ten Olympia who is even capable of cleaning and jerking 315lbs? I don't think most of them could do body weight.  

If you think their physiques are lacking from the 50's just think how anyone in the top ten Olympia would look drug free for six months. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 06:00:05 PM »
Mickey Hargitay

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »
Historic bodybuilding Mr.World contest in Cannes 1952  :)

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
Mickey Hargitay

Mariska Hargitay's (Law & Order) father.
I

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »
So, are you saying it's not all drugs? What you've said does not make sense and goes against all conventional wisdom.

That's becuz today's "conventional wisdom" is BS.  F your body up...I won't feel a thing.
I

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 08:32:44 PM »
If you think their physiques are lacking from the 50's just think how anyone in the top ten Olympia would look drug free for six months. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Weider tried that back in the  90's after the feds busted him lying about his supps & all those decades of endogenous suppression took they're toll.  The physiques were less than impressive.
I

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 02:59:55 AM »
Mickey Hargitay

Apparently he was 6 ft (183 cm), which makes the rest of the contestants looks about 5 ft 4??

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 03:31:14 AM »

Weider tried that back in the  90's after the feds busted him lying about his supps & all those decades of endogenous suppression took they're toll.  The physiques were less than impressive.

Surely they'd all look exactly the same? You know, because steroids don't work?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 05:13:58 AM »

Why, you think he's cute?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 06:06:50 AM »
F

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 06:57:27 AM »
Surely they'd all look exactly the same? You know, because steroids don't work?

After years of endogenous supression through exogenous testosterone use these men displayed the signs of permanent impairment of hormonal production.
I