Author Topic: My progress  (Read 17713 times)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: My progress
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2006, 06:32:39 AM »
Looking at those I think I need more traps. I'm a little bit confused about traps. when i used to do a lot of shrugs my traps seemed only bigger from the front but from the back in the middle of my back they never looked any different. Advices guys?   :)

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2006, 06:48:27 AM »
Deadlifts and power cleans?

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2006, 04:48:18 PM »
Do a couple sets of deadlifts - 8 - 12 reps.

Do shrugs with heavy weight or a barbell standing nearly straight, then bend you knees more, lean over, and do them in this position. Hold the weight and squeeze the muscles at the top of each rep. Do one final set like a fireman's carry - hold the weight up with your shoulders until you  can't hold it anymore.

"Shut the F up and train"

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2006, 03:04:11 AM »
My new diet

i eat these meals in different order.

-shake: 3eggs, 4oz. half and half, 3oz. water 2 scoops whey
-shake: 3eggs  4oz. half and half, 3oz. water 2 scoops whey
- 2 packets low sugar oatmeal 5oz. 2% milk
- 1/2 lb ground beef and cheese
- chicken breast (each one in the package is different size), large green salad with 1tbsp ranch dressing

I'm following the old school food combination. Proteins with fats and salads and complex carbs alone.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2006, 07:26:51 AM »
you're doin deads already, might as well do some power shrugging(with a pause at the top)..This movement is basically deadlifting down to above knee level and explosively shrugging up to full contraction. 4-6 reps.
follow the arrows

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2006, 12:03:53 PM »
I'm not doing deads right now. my strength went down a little cause i'm eating less food and lower carbs. I did try barbell shrugs today. felt it more in my hands and forearms than traps. At the end of my workout I did some exercise i made up (I'm SURE I'm not the first one who's done it) where i put the rope people use for triceps on the cable station and do a row but real high with my elbows way up. makes me feel the traps a lot.