Author Topic: I have a new respect for fighters  (Read 3187 times)

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
I have a new respect for fighters
« on: March 01, 2006, 09:01:30 PM »
I had my first semi lesson of kick boxing today. It was more of a fitness thing, but we did a bit of punching, kicking and kneeing.

I was stuffed after the warm up! Man, I'm un-fit.

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
Re: I have a new respect for fighters
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »
helpful hint .... at first dont try to put alot of power into your shots, get the form down and when you learn to relax your muscles the power will come ... elsif you will gas way too fast (especially if youre a big guy)

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 03:41:14 AM »
helpful hint .... at first dont try to put alot of power into your shots, get the form down and when you learn to relax your muscles the power will come ... elsif you will gas way too fast (especially if youre a big guy)

Yeah, I noticed that! I'm out of shape and have never trained that hard for anything. Weight training is so much easier!

I have a 6 inch plate and 6 screws in my right ankle which was getting sore when I kicked the bag. Any thoughts? I'm gonna wear a thermooskin brace next time I go.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 04:20:46 AM »
it will take a couple of weeks or so to adjust to it but youll get there a lot of people are not used to the tempo and cardio
Z

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 07:13:12 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that! I'm out of shape and have never trained that hard for anything. Weight training is so much easier!
I have a 6 inch plate and 6 screws in my right ankle which was getting sore when I kicked the bag. Any thoughts? I'm gonna wear a thermooskin brace next time I go.

talk to your dr about that one ... its probably cool but you never know if youll be doing some sort of permanent damage

cardio conditioning is only half the game to avoid gasing ... the other half is learning proper movement ;)