Author Topic: Changing to HIIT  (Read 7806 times)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Re: Changing to HIIT
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 11:23:18 AM »
Fuck it I will start a log out it up tonight with today's shit starting!!! Accept I have to mAyb skip chest to let it rest another week don't want to aggravate the strain.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 11:54:16 AM »
Changing to HIIT, the original title of this thread, so was going with that.  And there is HIT, which is more geared towards actually BB'ing. HIIT geared more towards general performance, fat loss, higher functioning metabolism, stamina, etc.  and like goals. Can use weighs with HIIT, but can be adjusted to bwt movements and short distance running. 40 yards sprints (football) give excellent results, and in a short time. Even punching a heavy bag, anyone can use the HIIT method on just about anything. After starting any new style program, allow a good 2 to 3 weeks breaking in time. After that and 5 or 6 weeks should tell you if it fits your needs or not.

I've mentioned my experience with PHA quite a few years ago, and often. The famous Chicago Duncan YMCA was where Gadja (Polish-American) trained and taught, probably in the mid to late 60's(?).  Sergio worked with Gadja for a while using PHA (Perpetual Heat Action). Gadja wasn't overly massive but, for that time, exceptional muscular balanced, very low body fat. Used PHA, on and off, for a while, as I had mentions before. Slanting more towards the Tabata protocol , seems to suit my needs.

Gadja's ideas was to avoid the pump and not allow blood to linger in any body part , but keep it flowing. He include isolation exercises right along with heaver compound movements. If he did squats he would, with zero rest, grab a DB and do concentration curls, then to situp,DB flys, etc, etc.. for example.

Good Luck.
F

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »
Fuck it I will start a log out it up tonight with today's shit starting!!! Accept I have to mAyb skip chest to let it rest another week don't want to aggravate the strain.

injuries suck, hope you can work around it.
?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »
of course it's good!
And would say I try something new every 4ish months or so for sure, it gets 3 months of "use" before a given change.

But the change was implemented only because my CNS could no longer follow, so a compromise more than anything and I knew that training would not give me gains, just to rest me until I felt ready to go back to hit.

The longest I've tried something and have it "not work" would be 6ish weeks. The density I lost was just too much, arms got small fast also. Meh, gonna go this until I croack, the highest intensity possible which sadly will decrease as I age, but will still be 100% hit and 100% hit will work better than 100% anything else in my case.
Good luck with your Training. Like i wrote keep us informed.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 12:05:05 PM »
Good luck with your Training. Like i wrote keep us informed.

bah, nothing much is gonna change really, just lean up from time to time, but being 230 lean is just beyond my level of dicipline and would not be happy having to do everything needed to be or better yet, STAY there...

That's why I don't bother posting pics, I look the same as before, nothing special to report, lol...
?

horseskin

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »
I just started training this way and I love the extra focus and strength I have per set. Never rested this much before but feel great.

MorganSA

• Getbig III
  • Benching 19 years, still lead with shoulders
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 04:27:32 PM »
Training using 3 x week full body, bodyweight warmup (dips,oullups,high rep squats,wheel rollout ) for 20  minutes after stretching, then all parts except arms.

In the 2 months I have applied this split, I have gained 2KG (while cruising but so fucking ill all the time), but the difference is really in muscles that I was overtraining starting to respond and grow in.  The previous weekly sets/reps I was using in volume training is still used, but spread over three days and  performed at greater intensity for short periods, i.e.: reaping the benifits of volume, with added recovery and intensity. I look way more balanced I think.

The original plan was a volume leg/chest day, as I suspect these two muscles a)lag like hell on me, and b) can respond to serious volume as well as HIT frequency. I have only made one, rest days are valued. To be fair, when Bill Pearl mentioned gas in the tank, he may/p mean to still be able toget home and cook dinner, not lift more. Without someone carrying me from machine to machine Colorado Experiment style, this is not gonna happen.

Once I begin a blast I will start more volumised push/pull compound splits.

Almost all the training plans, diets,supplements and shit out there is a lie, the basics done well (attitude,food,sensible non-marketed training) are the key and provide a base for slight,progressive, sequential manipulation in the future. ven half the drugs are best steered clear from.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 05:08:35 PM »
Ha^ lol

MorganSA

• Getbig III
  • Benching 19 years, still lead with shoulders
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 04:41:53 AM »
Just to clarify an unclear statement:  I never train hard enough that I cant walk home and cook dinner (for the sake of this argument, I will disregard the fact that I train at home in my lounge, but anyway....) , I thus always have some "gas in the tank". Without a colorado style setup it would be impossible for me to apply maximum intensity.