Author Topic: Bodybuilder in Dubai, India lets daughter drown to preserve her 'honor'  (Read 4812 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Man in Dubai, India lets daughter drown to preserve her 'honor'

A man in Dubai let his 20-year-old daughter drown rather than let her be touched by male lifeguards because it would "dishonor her," English-language Dubai website Emirates 24/7 reported Sunday.

After being taken into custody, the man said that he would rather let his daughter die than be touched by a "strange man," according to Deputy Director of Dubai's Police Search and Rescue Department Lt. Col. Ahmed Burqibah.

“This is one of the incidents which I cannot forget,” Burqibah said. “It shocked me and many others who were involved in the case. The... father took his wife and kids to the beach for picnic and fun."

“The kids were swimming in the beach when suddenly the 20-year-old girl started drowning and screaming for help. Two rescue men were at the beach, and they rushed to help the girl. However, there was one obstacle which prevented them from reaching the girl and helping her."

“This obstacle was the [father] who said that if these men touched his daughter, then this would dishonor her. It cost him the life of his daughter.”

According to Burqibah, the father was "tall and strong" enough to prevent lifeguards from performing their duty, going so far as to physically constrain them with violence.

“He told them that he prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man,” Burqibah added.

The father was later arrested for having blocked rescue teams from saving his daughter's life, Emirates 24/7added.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-Man-in-Dubai-lets-daughter-drown-to-preserve-her-honor-411764

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Man in Dubai, India lets daughter drown to preserve her 'honor'
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »
Hate to hate on another culture, but that is pure retardedness. He should die the same way she did. Talk about not valuing another human life, your own flesh and blood for that matter.
?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Bodybuilder in Dubai, India lets daughter drown to preserve her 'honor'
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »
Man in Dubai, India lets daughter drown to preserve her 'honor'

A man in Dubai let his 20-year-old daughter drown rather than let her be touched by male lifeguards because it would "dishonor her," English-language Dubai website Emirates 24/7 reported Sunday.

After being taken into custody, the man said that he would rather let his daughter die than be touched by a "strange man," according to Deputy Director of Dubai's Police Search and Rescue Department Lt. Col. Ahmed Burqibah.

“This is one of the incidents which I cannot forget,” Burqibah said. “It shocked me and many others who were involved in the case. The... father took his wife and kids to the beach for picnic and fun."

“The kids were swimming in the beach when suddenly the 20-year-old girl started drowning and screaming for help. Two rescue men were at the beach, and they rushed to help the girl. However, there was one obstacle which prevented them from reaching the girl and helping her."

“This obstacle was the [father] who said that if these men touched his daughter, then this would dishonor her. It cost him the life of his daughter.”

According to Burqibah, the father was "tall and strong" enough to prevent lifeguards from performing their duty, going so far as to physically constrain them with violence.

“He told them that he prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man,” Burqibah added.

The father was later arrested for having blocked rescue teams from saving his daughter's life, Emirates 24/7added.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-Man-in-Dubai-lets-daughter-drown-to-preserve-her-honor-411764

The father was thinking about his own selfish pride... and not thinking about his daughter.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 01:38:27 PM »
Pics of her gash?

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »
I think we can all agree she's in a better place now. Plus she has honor so there's that.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:49:23 PM »
just wonder why the father did not try to save her.
?

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 01:55:24 PM »
One of the dangers of swimming in a burqa.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 01:55:50 PM »

Rest day.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 11:45:10 PM »
Parenthood of peace... Another virgin for the martyrs

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 02:14:24 AM »
Very strange.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 02:39:53 AM »
Reminds me of the story where school girls were forced to burn to death because they couldn't get to their Hijabs and therefore not allowed to go into public view.

Don't ever think that we are all basically the same and that if we just all sit down and have an honest and open discussion all problems can be solved. Some just simply have an entire different world view and think of us as just as strange as we think of them.

Our religion and culture thinks one way and their religion and culture thinks another. So who is right? That's really not the question. Everyone thinks they are right. The question is: Who wins? And that's whoever wins the fight. The world is still ruled by strength and force.

So it's something to think about when people question our commitment (and cost) to being the greatest military force on the planet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1874471.stm

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 03:37:53 AM »
What a fucking looney!!   :(

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 04:11:57 AM »
Just shows how fucked up filthy Muslims are

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 04:24:53 AM »
The father was thinking about his own selfish pride... and not thinking about his daughter.
It has nothing to do with pride, the man is an intellectual invalid.  Indoctrinated into a perverse ideology that is obsessed with sex, to the point that sex is all they ever think about.  Only a simple minded moron would think that a lifeguard rescuing a drowning woman could be sexual in any way.  What a fucking ridiculous, absurd religion.
V

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 04:51:29 AM »
religion of pieces flesh

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 04:51:30 AM »
It has nothing to do with pride, the man is an intellectual invalid.  Indoctrinated into a perverse ideology that is obsessed with sex, to the point that sex is all they ever think about.  Only a simple minded moron would think that a lifeguard rescuing a drowning woman could be sexual in any way.  What a fucking ridiculous, absurd religion.

I agree with you.

I was thinking that it was pride in his religious beliefs.

"Look at me, I'm such a great follower of allah. I would rather have my daughter die than to have men touch her. Look at me. You should try to be as strict as me." (The focus being on him, not his daughter)

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 05:18:34 AM »
To be honest, this doesn't sound like anything to do with religion and culture...it sounds like the actions of a mentally ill moron, and/or a guy that wanted his daughter dead for some other reason.

So you have never heard of any other Muslim scum doing anything like this????   Why is it so hard for people to say that Islam has a very sick fucked up faction that the rest of the world should ELIMINATE. Can we totally eradicate it?? No - but just like disgusting cock roach we should kill them at the VERY FIRST SIGN..

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 05:24:51 AM »
So you have never heard of any other Muslim scum doing anything like this????   Why is it so hard for people to say that Islam has a very sick fucked up faction that the rest of the world should ELIMINATE. Can we totally eradicate it?? No - but just like disgusting cock roach we should kill them at the VERY FIRST SIGN..

Inquisition and Crusades
a

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 05:25:29 AM »
Great to be one of the punjab lifeguards restrained by the tall/strong man.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 07:30:41 AM »
Regardless of what religion you believe in...you can rest assure you believe in ridiculous made up tales.  This guy was no different.  His imaginary book of tales simply had more outlandish tales than a bible.
Grown men believing in fairy tales...never ceases to a amaze me.
Poor guy probably had this shoved down his throat since childhood.  You almost can't blame him.
N

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 08:18:02 PM »
Regardless of what religion you believe in...you can rest assure you believe in ridiculous made up tales.  This guy was no different.  His imaginary book of tales simply had more outlandish tales than a bible.
Poor guy probably had this shoved down his throat since childhood.  You almost can't blame him.

Their are men far smarter and far more accomplished than you will ever be that believe in God. Donald Trump just said yesterday that the Bible is his favorite book.

The late William F. Buckley was a devout Catholic. Whether you agree with him or not, no fair and objective person believes he was not very intelligent.

As outlandish as you think it is that people believe in God, there are far more people that believe it is equally outlandish that some believe that the universe and everything around us just popped up out of nothing. Just a random concussions of molecules developed the human brain and conscious awareness.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 08:35:46 PM »
Parenthood of peace... Another virgin for the martyrs

Charlie Hebdo cartoonist gang will bang her  :D

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 08:43:33 PM »

This

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 08:45:24 PM »
Their are men far smarter and far more accomplished than you will ever be that believe in God. Donald Trump just said yesterday that the Bible is his favorite book.

The late William F. Buckley was a devout Catholic. Whether you agree with him or not, no fair and objective person believes he was not very intelligent.

As outlandish as you think it is that people believe in God, there are far more people that believe it is equally outlandish that some believe that the universe and everything around us just popped up out of nothing. Just a random concussions of molecules developed the human brain and conscious awareness.

I laughed out loud when i read that you believe what donald said. You think anyone with half a brain would claim aethist if they wanted to win an election in 'Murica? Hes pandering to the right wing base

I believe kim kardashian went to Ihop. She said so on her tv show.

Wow dude come on lolz

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »
I laughed out loud when i read that you believe what donald said. You think anyone with half a brain would claim aethist if they wanted to win an election in 'Murica? Hes pandering to the right wing base

I believe kim kardashian went to Ihop. She said so on her tv show.

Wow dude come on lolz

If Trump said that it proves he's not an idiot, politics wise. Just as you said, nobody is gonna say religion is bs while trying to win an election. Lol at anyone believing Trump was honest about religion.