Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 594009 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1400 on: September 22, 2015, 05:55:09 AM »
Nothing more to add then that i really enjoy your  posts  harley, if you ever want a visa to north korea just  call your local north korean bassy and say that kim jong bob from getbig says its ok

Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  I would love to visit North Korea.  I am just concerned that my lest than scrupulous vices would dishonor your beautiful country. 
  In 1985 I visited then Communist East Berlin as I passed, with some difficulty through Check Point Charlie.
  Apparently, the pin on my Levi Denim jacket which read, "Let's Remember Our Vietnam Vets" pasted to the American flag did not go over well in
East Berlin.  In fact, they opened my Sony Walkman and took out my cassette tape to see if I was recording anything.  The tape, coincidentally, was
Springsteen's "Born In The USA."  Remember, this is July of 1985.
  East Berlin was a ghost town and the museums were empty. 
Harley

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #1401 on: September 22, 2015, 06:25:48 AM »
I'd like to give a big thank you to Harley. I asked for a copy of his Grandfather's book,' Through Hell to Life,' and he very graciously, and very generously, sent me a copy. I look forward to reading it. Again, thank you so much.   :)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1402 on: September 22, 2015, 06:27:26 AM »
Harley is by far the most interesting poster we have ever had here, I could read his posts all day.

Good luck on the weight loss, Harley.I myself have gained and lost 50 pounds of fat and some water at least 3 times, first week is toughest then it just becomes a habit, to the point you don't want to cheat.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1403 on: September 22, 2015, 07:08:08 AM »
A separate thread would just end up like this thread sooner or latee so no idea to that

Harley now that you are training hard and on diet do you take amy supplements?

Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  Right now, I am not taking any supplements but Branch Chain Amino Acid powder mixed in water during my training.
  I don't know if it does anything but I've never taken it so if I feel just a little better, than it's all good.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1404 on: September 22, 2015, 07:15:08 AM »
Not sure why a separate thread would even make sense.  Did the person try to explain that, Harley?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1405 on: September 22, 2015, 07:21:27 AM »
Seems to me it would be best to have everything centralized if someone wants to be sure to read it all.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1406 on: September 22, 2015, 07:23:51 AM »
I'd like to give a big thank you to Harley. I asked for a copy of his Grandfather's book,' Through Hell to Life,' and he very graciously, and very generously, sent me a copy. I look forward to reading it. Again, thank you so much.   :)

Dear Dr. Chimps,
  The pleasure is all mine.  As I mentioned, my Grandfather was no writer but I do think the story and photos speak volumes.
  Please feel free to give your HONEST review when read.
  I hope you enjoy the book.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1407 on: September 22, 2015, 07:25:09 AM »
Harley is by far the most interesting poster we have ever had here, I could read his posts all day.

Good luck on the weight loss, Harley.I myself have gained and lost 50 pounds of fat and some water at least 3 times, first week is toughest then it just becomes a habit, to the point you don't want to cheat.

Dear Army of One,
  Thank you for the kind words and I hope to have half of your discipline.
  Day 2 has started out just fine having finished my first hour of cardio and drank my first meal.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1408 on: September 22, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  The person did try to explain a bit but perhaps the person didn't find all of the thread worthwhile. 
  I understand, but I just can't go all over the place.
  Let's just keep us here and if things get boring, we can adjust a bit.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1409 on: September 22, 2015, 07:29:36 AM »
Dear Dr. Chimps,
  The pleasure is all mine.  As I mentioned, my Grandfather was no writer but I do think the story and photos speak volumes.
  Please feel free to give your HONEST review when read.
  I hope you enjoy the book.
Harley

He will.  Not sure if you noticed the book-review thread on the general, but he's reviewed tons of books for us.  He's one guy who leaves no doubt that he reads and thinks about what he reads.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1410 on: September 22, 2015, 07:33:49 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  The person did try to explain a bit but perhaps the person didn't find all of the thread worthwhile. 
  I understand, but I just can't go all over the place.
  Let's just keep us here and if things get boring, we can adjust a bit.
Harley

This thread has largely been a Q and A, so it doesn't make sense to start another one (that I can see, anyway.... no offense intended toward anyone with a different opinion).

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1411 on: September 22, 2015, 07:46:38 AM »
Harley, something I meant to say last week that will lead you to find pictures similar to the ones herne posts...

If you go to google and enter a few words describing things you like, then click 'images', it will call page after page of images.  When you see an image you want to investigate, right-click it and 'open in hew tab'.  You can find endless stuff that's great.  (If you discover you're uninterested in a particular image after opening it in another tab, just remember to close it by x-ing out of it so you won't get overwhelmed with tabs.)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1412 on: September 22, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »
Then start experimenting with keywords, and you'll find that making just a small change in the words will bring up a whole new set of images.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1413 on: September 22, 2015, 08:13:13 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Thanks for the information.  That is news to me, and great news.
  Herne does post some great pictures and one of his subjects has certainly sparked my interest.
  Thanks.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1414 on: September 22, 2015, 08:38:35 AM »
Harley, if you can link me to the pic, I'll find information.

Or if you made special mention about it somewhere, no need to link.  I'll find it.  (I know you're trying to work)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1415 on: September 22, 2015, 08:47:14 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I am going to keep that one subject of interest a secret, but thanks.
  I just spoke to Ronnie Rep and wished him condolences on the loss of his beloved dog.
  He was understandably sad yet still very nice, polite and gracious.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1416 on: September 22, 2015, 08:54:13 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I am going to keep that one subject of interest a secret, but thanks.
  I just spoke to Ronnie Rep and wished him condolences on the loss of his beloved dog.
  He was understandably sad yet still very nice, polite and gracious.
Harley

Got it, Harley.

Then I'll stop looking for info, and won't post any pics on here (was just about to start posting some of the girl I was figuring on).

How did it go, yesterday?  Did you get caught up on work, or did you just get stuck with more?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1417 on: September 22, 2015, 08:57:37 AM »
Got it, Harley.

Then I'll stop looking for info, and won't post any pics on here (was just about to start posting some of the girl I was figuring on).

How did it go, yesterday?  Did you get caught up on work, or did you just get stuck with more?

Dear Las Vegas,
  Oh no, I just didn't think anybody had figured out which one in particular.  You seem to suggest you figured it out.
  Would love to see a photo but I might not say if it's her.
  I was out yesterday all day and night on 6 cases and 2 conferences so I am here at the home office all day and I am planning on
responding to some of the Olympia news, I promise.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1418 on: September 22, 2015, 09:12:04 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Oh no, I just didn't think anybody had figured out which one in particular.  You seem to suggest you figured it out.
  Would love to see a photo but I might not say if it's her.
  I was out yesterday all day and night on 6 cases and 2 conferences so I am here at the home office all day and I am planning on
responding to some of the Olympia news, I promise.
Harley

I know traveling can be fun... but it can suck, too, in the sense that you're forced to adjust then readjust.

It is so sad about Ronnie's buddy.  I hadn't seen the thread until you mentioned it.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1419 on: September 22, 2015, 09:48:25 AM »
Hey Guys,
  So seeing as Las Vegas is going to post at least a few pictures of hot chicks, the least I could do is get back to my Mr. Olympia reporting.
  Let me break up my topics so as to make it a bit easier to understand:
2105 212 lb. Division- Mr. Olympia:
   Ok, so taking into account that my Training Partner of 17 years and one of my very best friends is Craig Richardson who competes in this division, I
am going to be as unbiased as I can.
   1)  When the hell is the IFBB going to stop playing that music during both the Pre-Judging and Finals?  Most of the audience was not interested in rap or
hip hop music and the worst part is, that you can't hear the competitors, the fans or the judges.  We don't need deafening Notorious BIG at a time we could
be listening to what is actually being said by those who matter.
   2)  It is hard for fans to see when the first 7 rows are allotted to photographers and video guys who stack their equipment so high that it interferes with the view
of those behind them.
   3)  So Craig isn't called out in the top 6??? Really??  My idea of bodybuilding is size with aesthtetics minus big guts.  If that is your ideal then how can you possibly
reward Jose Raymond?  Sure, I admire what it took to achieve that conditioning but as I was yelling at the top of my lungs, "Really?  Who wants to look like that?"
That's right,  I yelled just that at the top of my lungs.  And who was the short black guy who was called out in the top 6 who stood all the way to the right?  Is that what
we call a pleasing physique?  I understand the days of Zane, Bennfatto and Paris are over but seriously, can't we stick to our word and not reward guts that resemble
serious beer consumption rather than weight training?
  4)  Edward Corriea- I spoke to his family as they are Brazilian and I took some photos for them but as per him?  Do you want to look like that? Insane conditioning for sure
but when the shoulders and waist are of the same width, we have a problem.  No one would ever choose to make a statue from his build.  Did anything pop out when he posed?
Did he come out and make your jaw drop?  Did you say, "That is what I aspire to"?
  5)  Guy Sisternino-  Ok, I am biased because I don't like him and I don't like his trashing Craig.  But let me ask you this?  Do you want to look like him?  He is muscular and his
conditioning was good but was he hard from behind?  No.  Did he have any body part which drew the attention of your eyes and then kept them there?
  The judges spend NO time seriously looking at the guys when they FIRST come out.  They know the names and the sponsors and that is it.  How much money do you think Hide's people
put into the show?  He wasn't soft from behind?  He impressed you?  He had a single body part to DISTINGUISH him from anyone else?  The judges are NOT EVEN LOOKING when guys
first come out.  I was yelling, "Hey, at least look up and make it look like it's real and not fixed".  
  6)  I am NOT saying Craig should've won or that it as close.  I am not.  I am saying that if you put aside names, sponsorship and the other politics, is that the true result you are going
to get?  Why can't it just be about physiques and not the other crap?  
  7)  I think Craig could easily have been in 6th place to 8th but 9th place?  
  8)  How many of the guys ahead of Craig had glutes and if they even did, how many were more etched than Craig's.
  9)  Did you see any synthol or infections on Craig?
Harley

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1420 on: September 22, 2015, 10:07:40 AM »
ya hides placing was a joke, nothing pops on the guy

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1421 on: September 22, 2015, 10:26:02 AM »
Yes it is frustrating and I don't understand the logic behind the placings. I definitely think the IFBB is corrupt and something very sinister is going on. It reminds me of boxing and Don King with his murky control of the heavyweight division where politics and money had a bigger effect than skill and hard work. I mean, what in the world is going on when Branch Warren is placing sixth place ahead of guys with physiques infinitely more pleasing to the eye and ahead of him on every metric that a body can be judged. All I can think is money is changing hands off the record, deals are being done and so is the public at large.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1422 on: September 22, 2015, 10:42:28 AM »
Yes, Harley... since you don't object, I'll do a little more research and post up a few good finds in appreciation for herne, for that certain 'flair' he possesses...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1423 on: September 22, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
Hey Guys,
  So seeing as Las Vegas is going to post at least a few pictures of hot chicks, the least I could do is get back to my Mr. Olympia reporting.
  Let me break up my topics so as to make it a bit easier to understand:
2105 212 lb. Division- Mr. Olympia:
   Ok, so taking into account that my Training Partner of 17 years and one of my very best friends is Craig Richardson who competes in this division, I
am going to be as unbiased as I can.
   1)  When the hell is the IFBB going to stop playing that music during both the Pre-Judging and Finals?  Most of the audience was not interested in rap or
hip hop music and the worst part is, that you can't hear the competitors, the fans or the judges.  We don't need deafening Notorious BIG at a time we could
be listening to what is actually being said by those who matter.
   2)  It is hard for fans to see when the first 7 rows are allotted to photographers and video guys who stack their equipment so high that it interferes with the view
of those behind them.
   3)  So Craig isn't called out in the top 6??? Really??  My idea of bodybuilding is size with aesthtetics minus big guts.  If that is your ideal then how can you possibly
reward Jose Raymond?  Sure, I admire what it took to achieve that conditioning but as I was yelling at the top of my lungs, "Really?  Who wants to look like that?"
That's right,  I yelled just that at the top of my lungs.  And who was the short black guy who was called out in the top 6 who stood all the way to the right?  Is that what
we call a pleasing physique?  I understand the days of Zane, Bennfatto and Paris are over but seriously, can't we stick to our word and not reward guts that resemble
serious beer consumption rather than weight training?
  4)  Edward Corriea- I spoke to his family as they are Brazilian and I took some photos for them but as per him?  Do you want to look like that? Insane conditioning for sure
but when the shoulders and waist are of the same width, we have a problem.  No one would ever choose to make a statue from his build.  Did anything pop out when he posed?
Did he come out and make your jaw drop?  Did you say, "That is what I aspire to"?
  5)  Guy Sisternino-  Ok, I am biased because I don't like him and I don't like his trashing Craig.  But let me ask you this?  Do you want to look like him?  He is muscular and his
conditioning was good but was he hard from behind?  No.  Did he have any body part which drew the attention of your eyes and then kept them there?
  The judges spend NO time seriously looking at the guys when they FIRST come out.  They know the names and the sponsors and that is it.  How much money do you think Hide's people
put into the show?  He wasn't soft from behind?  He impressed you?  He had a single body part to DISTINGUISH him from anyone else?  The judges are NOT EVEN LOOKING when guys
first come out.  I was yelling, "Hey, at least look up and make it look like it's real and not fixed".  
  6)  I am NOT saying Craig should've won or that it as close.  I am not.  I am saying that if you put aside names, sponsorship and the other politics, is that the true result you are going
to get?  Why can't it just be about physiques and not the other crap?  
  7)  I think Craig could easily have been in 6th place to 8th but 9th place?  
  8)  How many of the guys ahead of Craig had glutes and if they even did, how many were more etched than Craig's.
  9)  Did you see any synthol or infections on Craig?
Harley

Are you referring to David Henry?
X

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1424 on: September 22, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »
I've seen ND (fairly sure) make the case why judging is ultimately "fair" due to its process, and he did a great job of making the case.

But after this year, it's seriously difficult to believe that it even approached being fair.

In any case, Craig's placing is nothing to sneeze at.  He is among the elite in bodybuilding.