Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 584788 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2575 on: December 25, 2015, 07:30:02 AM »
Dear Harley,

Happy holidays. Hope all is as well as can be, considering your recent setbacks.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2576 on: December 25, 2015, 07:45:26 AM »
Dear Neither Animal,
  I technically have 10 days to the day I had set my goal.  I am feeling much better but not yet 100%.
  As I get ready to do an hour of cardio right now, I chew off a bit of positive thinking and say, "I will get there."
  Thanks for the well wishes and I hope you are having a great day of relaxing and eating.
Harley

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2577 on: December 25, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #2578 on: December 25, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »

ironmeister could add a few more to the pic lol
"

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2579 on: December 25, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »
Hey Guys,
  For those of you who observe Christmas, I wish you all a wonderful day with family, friends, a television,
a couch for napping, lasagna, ravioli, one good glass of wine, Diet Coke and some chocolate/peanut butter dessert.
  For the rest of you, I wish you basically the same except without the annoying relatives.
Harley

Same to you, Harley. The lasagna part sounds damn good!   ;D

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2580 on: December 25, 2015, 02:32:42 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  No lasagna here.  I had a piece of fish and a few spoons of soup and now off to do my second hour of cardio for the day.
  Being fat sucks.
  But please, you and the other guys tell me about the great stuff you've consumed today.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2581 on: December 25, 2015, 04:10:06 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  No lasagna here.  I had a piece of fish and a few spoons of soup and now off to do my second hour of cardio for the day.
  Being fat sucks.
  But please, you and the other guys tell me about the great stuff you've consumed today.
Harley

I'm no expert, for sure, but you might have to watch out for the super-low carbs if you're not on gear.  I think a person will lose fat, yeah, but everything else is lost, too.  That might result in what GB calls "skinnyfat" or the deflated-bag look.

(But I know Craig is advising you and he knows a hell of a lot more than me, so I have faith in what you're doing)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2582 on: December 26, 2015, 02:55:04 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  That is an extremely educated bit of advice of which few people in society actually understand!!!
  Craig is well aware of that and I have resolved that I would prefer to be lighter first which carries with it
actual fat loss if it also means that I have lost most of my muscle as well.
  The reason being:  I believe it is easier to add a little quality muscle than it is to lose actual fat, especially if
you've lost the fat and are somewhat catabolic at the time you begin to put on muscle.  I might end up being
skinny fat but I can find victory in that over having been just morbidly fat and then knowing I am about to put
on some muscle.
  Great point you brought up.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2583 on: December 26, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  That is an extremely educated bit of advice of which few people in society actually understand!!!
  Craig is well aware of that and I have resolved that I would prefer to be lighter first which carries with it
actual fat loss if it also means that I have lost most of my muscle as well.
  The reason being:  I believe it is easier to add a little quality muscle than it is to lose actual fat, especially if
you've lost the fat and are somewhat catabolic at the time you begin to put on muscle.  I might end up being
skinny fat but I can find victory in that over having been just morbidly fat and then knowing I am about to put
on some muscle.
  Great point you brought up.
Harley

You're being way too hard on yourself, Harley.  You're only "morbidly fat" when you come to getbig :D  I bet your doctor would tell you you're "somewhat overweight" at worst.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2584 on: December 26, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Thanks but I know how I look.
  However, in my defense, I still don't understand the prolific criticisms hurled at so many of the best physiques on the planet.
  Is Phil Heath really so "narrow" that he is crushed here by virtually everyone?  Who in the world really looks like him?  Would I take the last
10 years off my life to look like him and be so "narrow"?  You bet.
  And while I am questioning all this, let's talk for a moment about Michael O'Hearn.
  This is NOT HOMO but seriously, what man on the planet wouldn't want to look like him?  He really is the perfect physical specimen.  He has a face
that makes women weak upon first appearance.  His physique is simply awesome and NO ONE on GetBig has anything even close to that.  I am sorry,
but why do we have to hate him so much merely on the fact that some of us look at him and conclude that there is no God because no merciful God would
create a Mike O'Hearn and then let me look the way I do.  No, the universe is cruel and unfair.  I would like to know just once, what it would be to walk into
a room and have people think that aesthetically and physically, there is no better.  Don't we all dream about that scenario and wonder what it would feel like
for us to be recognized in that extreme manner.
  I'm not saying that guys here don't look great, but seriously, Mike O'Hearn is just a rare specimen.  I would rather look like him than ANY OTHER professional
or non-professional bodybuilder on the planet.  So he gets attacked about his hairline?  Really?  Is that how far someone has to look to criticize him physically?
  I just don't understand why it is that we are all here because we seek, admire and dream about physical attractiveness and yet attack those who so demonstrably
possess all that we dream of having in that area.
  Now, I wait to hear that I am in love with Mike O'Hearn and gay but before you do that, ask yourself, "Would I like to look like him?"
Harley

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2585 on: December 26, 2015, 06:08:27 PM »
^ In short, we don't like Phil because he has a terrible personality and is arrogant, and has the bloofy fake muscle suit look. Ohearn looks good but we dislike him because he is a fake natty.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #2586 on: December 26, 2015, 06:44:32 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  Thanks but I know how I look.
  However, in my defense, I still don't understand the prolific criticisms hurled at so many of the best physiques on the planet.
  Is Phil Heath really so "narrow" that he is crushed here by virtually everyone?  Who in the world really looks like him?  Would I take the last
10 years off my life to look like him and be so "narrow"?  You bet.
  And while I am questioning all this, let's talk for a moment about Michael O'Hearn.
  This is NOT HOMO but seriously, what man on the planet wouldn't want to look like him?  He really is the perfect physical specimen.  He has a face
that makes women weak upon first appearance.  His physique is simply awesome and NO ONE on GetBig has anything even close to that.  I am sorry,
but why do we have to hate him so much merely on the fact that some of us look at him and conclude that there is no God because no merciful God would
create a Mike O'Hearn and then let me look the way I do.  No, the universe is cruel and unfair.  I would like to know just once, what it would be to walk into
a room and have people think that aesthetically and physically, there is no better.  Don't we all dream about that scenario and wonder what it would feel like
for us to be recognized in that extreme manner.
  I'm not saying that guys here don't look great, but seriously, Mike O'Hearn is just a rare specimen.  I would rather look like him than ANY OTHER professional
or non-professional bodybuilder on the planet.  So he gets attacked about his hairline?  Really?  Is that how far someone has to look to criticize him physically?
  I just don't understand why it is that we are all here because we seek, admire and dream about physical attractiveness and yet attack those who so demonstrably
possess all that we dream of having in that area.
  Now, I wait to hear that I am in love with Mike O'Hearn and gay but before you do that, ask yourself, "Would I like to look like him?"
Harley

There may well be a fine line between having a mild case of self love and being an ignorant, lying, self centered egotistical, drug muncher.    O'Hearn snorted that line years ago.

And Heath?  He stepped over it.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #2587 on: December 26, 2015, 07:11:56 PM »
Harley its also everyone just being sarcastic and busting balls because physique people take their shit and themselves way way too fucking seriously like they cured a disease or something. They workout, eat and pose, that is their job nothing more. Hell 99% don't even have any visible means of income. Notice we don't make fun of Craig? Why ? Because he comes across as humble and actually has a life and job outside of just posing eating, training and posting selfies all day or on twitter like some of these knobs do

nothing funnier and more pathetic than a 260lbs muscle monster acting all macho then melting down like a little girl because someone critiques their physique or lack of personality, plus what The Scott and Ca;fzilla wrote
"

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2588 on: December 27, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »
Dear NelsonMuntz,
  Thank you for the clarification.
  I certainly think there is little room for arrogant ego-maniacs who think that a great physique is a reason to look down upon others.
  I never met Phil or Mike so I can't say from personal experience how they treated me or others.
  Although, whatever someone chooses as their livelihood is not for me to criticize provided they are not hurting others.  I am not sure Mike is hurting anyone however
it is that he earns a living.  I just don't know anything about him other than seeing his pictures and knowing he was once married to a brunette MuscleMag model who I heard
was very nice and a bit naïve.
  The thing that I was noting is that there is criticism of their physiques and not their behavior.  Well, you guys are pretty hard on Phil's physique which I often find quite
funny.  I think he is perhaps one of the worst all-time Mr. Olympias, certainly at least in the modern age (post Samir). 
  Again, I don't know about Facebook and Instagram so you know their behaviors better than I.
  I will offer this:  If a guy like O'Hearn can actually get upset because someone out in the internet criticizes his physique, then he should trade places (physique wise) with me
and then learn to appreciate what he has and remember that the world will always be critical of greatness and anyone who attempts to walk outside the line of convention.  Hell,
they even criticized Einstein and not for his receding hairline.
Harley

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2589 on: December 27, 2015, 04:23:13 PM »
Harley... That is a very profound statement.

People lose sight of things a lot and it's good to stop and evaluate what you really have.

You too have a lot to be thankful for from what you've told us and I think it's good that even through your trials and tribulations, you keep that in perspective.

Hope you have a great 2016.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2590 on: December 27, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »
Dear TuHolmes,
  That is high praise coming from you.  Thank you!!!
  I remain thankful for being brought up in a home with 2 incredible parents and still having the privilege of living with my Mom
even after my Dad passed which will be 2 years in less than 3 weeks from now.
 I am thankful I am very healthy and not in too much constant pain.  John Donne, a famous poet once wrote, "Off all the pleasures man
may attain, none is as great as relief from pain."  The torture of your body relentlessly reminding you of pain can drive one mad.
 I am thankful I am not physically or mentally challenged like the kids in my charity.  I took 2 of them bowling last week and they were just
so happy about everything as opposed to all the "normal" people around them who found something to complain about when there really wasn't
anything at all.
 I am thankful that I have a job that usually allows me to pursue my interests in life.  While I always stress about making money, I am fairly
confident my business will survive the times and continue to permit me to study piano, learn another language, train MMA and BJJ and enjoy my cars as well
as do a few things for others when I can.
 Would I kill to look like O'Hearn? Oh yeah!!!  Would I like to walk into a room and have women find me attractive?  Oh yeah!!!  Would I like to be able to eat
all the pepperoni pizza and lasagna I could and still have abs?  Oh yeah!!!
 Well, the world just isn't set up like that.  It is a tough and unfair place.  But maybe, if we threw around a few more compliments, were just a bit less
judgmental and lastly, took a moment to like our own selves a bit more, we would all have a better run at this short sprint called "life."
Harley

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #2591 on: December 27, 2015, 04:41:52 PM »
That is so true.

Being a little more thankful and putting a little more into others is the only way we will truly find out what living life is all about.

I hope your thoughts of your father are always pleasant ones. My father passed a little over 3 years ago and I find myself constantly thinking of his funny sayings and witty banter.

I hope to be able to come to your area and do an event with your charity.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2592 on: December 27, 2015, 04:52:24 PM »
Dear TuHolmes,
  I am sorry for the loss of your Dad.
  My Dad and I didn't share too many funny saying or witty banter.  He spoke 11 languages and played 10
instruments and felt obligated to teach me "the world."  It was just his way, no better or no worse than any other Dad.
Not going to baseball games or movies with him didn't drive me to some black leather couch to pay some shrink $200 an hour just
for me to say that I was neglected.  That is the farthest thing from the truth.
  I don't have kids and I am nothing close to a parent but I think each parent, if they really are a parent, attempts to do his
best the way he believes is best.  Some parents are not good "friends" or "coaches" to their kids while others are.  Each and every
Parent/Child relationship appears different to me so I don't believe in some formula or book on how to do the right thing as a parent.
  The fact that you have fond memories of your Dad leads me to conclude that he was a good Dad, loved you and you loved him.
  I would say that is a complete success, for you both.
Harley

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2593 on: December 27, 2015, 05:10:07 PM »
those kids/adults you take care of with charity is real cool harley,your father/mother would be proud to know that you gained some trait from one or both that enabled you to pass to others with charity,,plus the lawyer dynamic is equally as impressive..

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2594 on: December 27, 2015, 07:46:07 PM »
Dear NJFlex,
  Thanks.  My Dad knew of my charity and my Mom attends the events.
  I think everyone is doing something whether it is ensuring the welfare of their own nuclear family or they might
be able to extend it a bit farther out.  I am happy to know I didn't keep it all for myself.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2595 on: December 28, 2015, 10:37:13 AM »
The Vette is on the ground!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2596 on: December 28, 2015, 10:38:13 AM »
From the front but far from done

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #2597 on: December 28, 2015, 10:55:47 AM »
Dear Harley,

Recently I have been watching a lot of true crime documentaries, such as Paradise Lost, The Staircase and Making a Murderer and I am shocked and appalled at how inept and corrupt the prosecution is in a lot of these cases. In one case a state prosecutor even said "Reasonable doubt is for the innocent." And (paraphrased): "Does it matter if the police planted evidence if the defendant is guilty?" I couldn't believe it. In my mind those people should have been fired on the spot. They have no regard for due process or the truth. Are you familiar with any of these cases? Have you had any cases you have felt have already been decided by the media/the state/the judge beforehand?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2598 on: December 28, 2015, 11:13:48 AM »
Vette looking real nice, Harley.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #2599 on: December 28, 2015, 12:52:33 PM »
You may have answered this already, but I make the assumption that this is a drag car?