Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 580608 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #3450 on: October 21, 2017, 03:55:19 PM »
few things

LOL at anyone thinking there is actual serious debate on this site and/or waxing poetic about people contributing to threads

every thread any member starts here or "contributes" to gets derailed by any getbigger, some fat jiggly ass pics, or more often than not someone making ESFitness meltdown

this was like the only thread in the past 2 years where it actually took 120 plus pages to get derailed. that was impressive. it actually has good conversation and debate in it, even where every snowflake freaked out because of Harley doing his job a defence lawyer, which whether people like it or not is part of the road a defence lawyer must face. Kinda rich comeing from a site where the majority of members who work out the 20 years the site has been opened as well as others who have at some point purchased/sold/used illegal in most countries without a prescriptions plus recs with some as well. And the first thing most people here would do if they got caught buying/selling/using ped's....call a criminal lawyer

anyone here who uses or has used anabolics after 1990 has broken the law, unless your country they are totally legal to buy for personal use, but even if posession is legal the act of buying/selling isn't so shut the fuck everyone with your hypocritical  moral crusades about the lawyer here, hate the criminals he defends, dont hate him for doing his profession.

go read the thread properly....

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #3451 on: October 21, 2017, 03:56:52 PM »
few things

LOL at anyone thinking there is actual serious debate on this site and/or waxing poetic about people contributing to threads

every thread any member starts here or "contributes" to gets derailed by any getbigger, some fat jiggly ass pics, or more often than not someone making ESFitness meltdown

this was like the only thread in the past 2 years where it actually took 120 plus pages to get derailed. that was impressive. it actually has good conversation and debate in it, even where every snowflake freaked out because of Harley doing his job a defence lawyer, which whether people like it or not is part of the road a defence lawyer must face. Kinda rich comeing from a site where the majority of members who work out the 20 years the site has been opened as well as others who have at some point purchased/sold/used illegal in most countries without a prescriptions plus recs with some as well. And the first thing most people here would do if they got caught buying/selling/using ped's....call a criminal lawyer

anyone here who uses or has used anabolics after 1990 has broken the law, unless your country they are totally legal to buy for personal use, but even if posession is legal the act of buying/selling isn't so shut the fuck everyone with your hypocritical  moral crusades about the lawyer here, hate the criminals he defends, dont hate him for doing his profession.

Meltdown.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #3452 on: October 21, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
go read the thread properly....

I did read the thread in its entirety, I was in it here and there when it started

I just find it rich about some of the moral crusaders here, sorry
"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3453 on: October 21, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »
Meltdown.

so says the guy who...

-faked his death on a message board for attention

-wrote a post claiming he sucked a dick so he could get attention from a message board

-thinks he is some kind of royalty on a message board and has spent years calling himself "King" despite the mockery he gets because of it.

-makes loser gets banned polls, loses poll, gets banned then begs mods and ron to come back

-begged the powers that be at getbig for years to be a mod because he has no life outside the board

-begged Josh to let him on his board and paid  him $150 for it. Later begged to be mod

-got banned from getbig at the beginning the year, went and joined RX, shit talked Getbig during that time, Eventually got banned by a bigger homo than him named Curt James

-joined MD, whenever he acts up the emembers there remind him of his discksucking confession

-Most likely has a hereditary propensity to borrow ice cream money off little girls only to spend it on beer and cigarettes for himherself

did I miss anything Shizzo
"

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #3454 on: October 21, 2017, 04:09:16 PM »
few things

this was like the only thread in the past 2 years where it actually took 120 plus pages to get derailed. that was impressive. it actually has good conversation and debate in it, even where every snowflake freaked out because of Harley doing his job a defence lawyer, which whether people like it or not is part of the road a defence lawyer must face. Kinda rich comeing from a site where the majority of members who work out the 20 years the site has been opened as well as others who have at some point purchased/sold/used illegal in most countries without a prescriptions perforrmance enhancing drugs plus recs with some as well. And the first thing most people here would do if they got caught buying/selling/using ped's....call a criminal lawyer

Great post man. You are spot on.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3455 on: October 21, 2017, 04:13:03 PM »
Great post man. You are spot on.

Thanks.

Of course most will just use it to troll me or something because for some reason it is cool for 30,40,50, 60 year olds to chase people off message boards they don't own
"

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3456 on: October 21, 2017, 04:39:58 PM »
so says the guy who...

-faked his death on a message board for attention

-wrote a post claiming he sucked a dick so he could get attention from a message board

-thinks he is some kind of royalty on a message board and has spent years calling himself "King" despite the mockery he gets because of it.

-makes loser gets banned polls, loses poll, gets banned then begs mods and ron to come back

-begged the powers that be at getbig for years to be a mod because he has no life outside the board

-begged Josh to let him on his board and paid  him $150 for it. Later begged to be mod

-got banned from getbig at the beginning the year, went and joined RX, shit talked Getbig during that time, Eventually got banned by a bigger homo than him named Curt James

-joined MD, whenever he acts up the emembers there remind him of his discksucking confession

-Most likely has a hereditary propensity to borrow ice cream money off little girls only to spend it on beer and cigarettes for himherself

did I miss anything Shizzo
You take this place way too seriously.

Posting about posting.... ::)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3457 on: October 21, 2017, 04:46:39 PM »
You take this place way too seriously.

Posting about posting.... ::)

you are the king of posting about posting
"

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3458 on: October 21, 2017, 04:50:14 PM »
you are the king of posting about posting
It's about time you showed me some respect.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #3459 on: October 21, 2017, 05:18:29 PM »
!!!

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3460 on: October 21, 2017, 06:17:44 PM »
"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3461 on: October 21, 2017, 06:47:55 PM »
Haha did Shizzo really pay Josh to post on his site?!? 😂😂😂😂😂

Shizzo also took money from Junior. 😂😂😂😂
X

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #3462 on: October 21, 2017, 06:55:39 PM »
!!!

I don't know the facts of the case, but from the snippet above it seems like Harley argued that his client had a break from epistemic access to "his" actions: "[He] did not know what he was doing." Perhaps it would have been more Kahnstructive to argue that the man who committed the crime did know what "he" was doing, but that the man on trial, because of his "diseased mind," is constitutively different from the murderer, and hence not the same "he" as the murderer. So, it's not that his client was psychologically closed off to his actions during the crime, rather, because of temporary physiological changes, his client is not that guy! Almost impossible to prove, but more interesting, no?

Abstract: Can one’s identity be divorced from one’s actions? In this paper, I stop at the intersection of literature and law to synthesize two sketches: one from the world of fiction; the other from the world of fact. The paper proceeds in four sections. In section one, I examine Sophocles’ Ajax, and discuss a character who equates his identity with his actions, even though he is clearly not “himself” when performing them. I consider what I call the 'Ajax Case,' namely, the causal chain of events that show the eponymous hero’s mind falling victim to the intrusive manipulations of the goddess Athena, and his subsequent decision to suicide. For Ajax there is no separating identity from actions, even if mitigated by a deity. I suggest that if Ajax would have understood the identity-action relationship a little differently, he might have reasoned that his actions were committed non compos mentis; thus severing his identity from his humiliation and releasing him from suicidal shame. In section two, I consider the Yates Case. Andrea P. Yates, a mother whose personal identity was deemed by a U.S. court as sufficiently separate from her act of filicide, was found not guilty of drowning her five children by reason of insanity; thus helping her escape the full punishment of the law. In section three, I show how both the Ajax and Yates cases involve the “McNaughton Rule,” i.e., the insanity defense. Although extremely difficult to establish, the rule’s most salient point is the presumption of sanity, unless it can be shown that at the time of committing a crime, the accused was laboring under such a defect of reason as not to be the agent of her actions. Consequently, I highlight two disparate theories of identity: John Locke’s view of psychological continuity, and Bernard Williams’ bodily criterion or spatiotemporal view. Finally, in section four, I argue that while Locke and Williams have antithetical views on personal identity, they nevertheless both involve the notions of persistence and stability. Therefore, while the Ajax and Yates cases have contentious outcomes, because the continuity between their identities and actions appear broken, their identities and actions can be divorced and bifurcated.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3463 on: October 21, 2017, 07:00:03 PM »

yep
"

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3464 on: October 21, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »

I gave to charities and took from chumps.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3465 on: October 21, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »
I gave to charities and took from chumps.

what charities?
"

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3466 on: October 21, 2017, 07:17:47 PM »
what charities?
Animal shelters and the Tom Arnold, Treasure Troll, and Ugly Canadian Fucktard
Charities.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3467 on: October 21, 2017, 07:20:37 PM »
Animal shelters and the Tom Arnold, Treasure Troll, and Ugly Canadian Fucktard
Charities.

drinking again?
"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3468 on: October 21, 2017, 07:28:55 PM »
what charities?

He's lying. He never gave to charities. Plus, he paid josh to post on his site haha lol. Oh, that is rich haha lol
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3469 on: October 21, 2017, 07:29:45 PM »
Thanks.

Of course most will just use it to troll me or something because for some reason it is cool for 30,40,50, 60 year olds to chase people off message boards they don't own
;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3470 on: October 21, 2017, 07:35:12 PM »
He's lying. He never gave to charities. Plus, he paid josh to post on his site haha lol. Oh, that is rich haha lol

iT  was 150 well spent as soon as he came on and became mod of his own section only. everyone left after a week including Josh lol
"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3471 on: October 21, 2017, 07:40:10 PM »
iT  was 150 well spent as soon as he came on and became mod of his own section only. everyone left after a week including Josh lol

Haha how sad. He paid someone to post on their forum haha lol 😂😂😂😂😂
X

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #3472 on: October 26, 2017, 06:54:14 AM »
Exactly, this is why people in most areas of study, there are sub fields.

This is the main problem with politicians--they believe they are experts on every subject.

Is it?

I don't agree.

It is a problem, sure, but politicians are people who are advised by other people and perhaps most damagingly, they are also cajoled by opinion/saving their own skin/money and a great deal other motives, other than the truth.

That's what is the problem with politics.  It's a business, like any other.  Sure, sometimes their opinions count for more than the facts - but so does the shit that is behind them - like big business and stuff like that.

If politicians were straight academics who weren't subject to popular opinion or corruption, they would be closer to having no problems - but that is an idealistic scenario, unlikely to occur.  

I mean, consider this.  What if an academic politician got up and described a conclusion based solely on a (theoretical) statistical result - that the deaths of people due to guns in the US is unavoidable and that it is impossible to stop a lone wolf from committing that crime - so instead of spending millions and still failing, they are going to spend the money on research into treatment of gunshots?

People would be lynching that guy in the streets, because it doesn't fit with the motives of others.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3473 on: October 26, 2017, 09:30:42 AM »

Was Juniors money then... :D
Q

Shizzo

• Getbig IV