Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 592117 times)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #400 on: August 27, 2015, 12:18:29 AM »
You're get big approved harley, you're a good dude

Simple Simon

« Reply #401 on: August 27, 2015, 12:23:07 AM »
You're get big approved harley, you're a good dude

Lol, getbig approval, now theres an achievement.  ::)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #402 on: August 27, 2015, 12:24:02 AM »
Lol, getbig approval, now theres an achievement.  ::)
Well everyone on here hates you and you still post here so that shows how lonely you are

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #403 on: August 27, 2015, 12:36:08 AM »
A Hard Day Training
you look like a slimmer version of that double rainbow guy in that pic

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #404 on: August 27, 2015, 12:38:14 AM »
Harley have you ever tought of moving to north korea? We could need a skilled lawyer like you cause those bastards in the south are lying that we have appologized dor accidently putting two mines btw best and south korea so two soliders from the south step on them and got killed (lål)

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #405 on: August 27, 2015, 12:41:06 AM »
My surprise birthday gift to my Dad

Your dad is Rich Piana?

Simple Simon

« Reply #406 on: August 27, 2015, 12:56:24 AM »
Well everyone on here hates you and you still post here so that shows how lonely you are
Hates me?

If people cared that much about a poster on the internet that says more about them than it does about me.

I never give log ons here a second thought, most of them dont even exist as real people FFS.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #407 on: August 27, 2015, 02:00:07 AM »
Me in Brasil

Holy shit! Great shape there. What year was that?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: August 27, 2015, 02:14:21 AM »
fixed

If you only knew, my friend. BJJ is one of the few Martial Arts where your rank is based solely on performance. How you handle yourself on
the mat with a variety of opponents. No matter how knowledgeable you are or how well you can do a move and technique, in the end none of that matters unless you can apply it during "free training" sessions. None of this "Kata" or being there long enough that they just give it to you so you don't quit and stop paying dues. And even if you beat others on the mat that still doesn't guarantee promotion. There was a guy who was a Blue Belt who could crush a lot of the higher belts but still wasn't promoted. Rickson recognized that his much greater size and strength advantage is what made him victorious and not his skill and knowledge in Jiu-Jitsu and therefore he did not merit a promotion.

I remember Rickson once telling me that it's the strong guys that are the hardest to teach and the slowest to learn because they depend so much on strength.

Back in the day, I was training in Jiu-Jitsu six days a week. Classes, private lessons, and meeting with friends on Sunday for "garage training." It took me 5 years to go from Blue Belt to Purple Belt.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: August 27, 2015, 02:19:41 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I thought I should try to educate myself a bit with some of the more common GetBig topics so I watched a bit of a video
with some guy named Rich Piana and another fellow named Viking whose face is quite filled with tattoos. 
  Are these guys heroes on GetBig?
  I don't like to judge anybody but they are a little hard to watch, even for me.
  His girlfriend and wonderful implants but for me, the idea of having to wear eye liner to hit that, just makes me
want to walk away.
  Again, I am not being judgmental, I just didn't know if you guys support Rich Piana the way you do some other folks.
Harley

One thing about GetBig that I like is that we sniff out the poseurs, liars and phonies and see right through guys like Piana, Dana Lynn Bailey and the rest. Piana and DLB may be nice people irl but one is just a mass of synthol and PMMA and the other is just an unrepentant liar about her natural status.

Simple Simon

« Reply #410 on: August 27, 2015, 02:53:55 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I thought I should try to educate myself a bit with some of the more common GetBig topics so I watched a bit of a video
with some guy named Rich Piana and another fellow named Viking whose face is quite filled with tattoos. 
  Are these guys heroes on GetBig?
  I don't like to judge anybody but they are a little hard to watch, even for me.
  His girlfriend and wonderful implants but for me, the idea of having to wear eye liner to hit that, just makes me
want to walk away.
  Again, I am not being judgmental, I just didn't know if you guys support Rich Piana the way you do some other folks.
Harley

errr...you are.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2015, 06:53:28 AM »
One thing about GetBig that I like is that we sniff out the poseurs, liars and phonies and see right through guys like Piana, Dana Lynn Bailey and the rest. Piana and DLB may be nice people irl but one is just a mass of synthol and PMMA and the other is just an unrepentant liar about her natural status.
And the gh15's ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2015, 08:13:32 AM »
hey harley i do believe rickson was offered more than a million  to fight sakuraba-  at that time  pride was huge in japan and sakuraba

ive read he was offered 5 million to fight sakuraba-  that would have been the biggest fight of all time  pretty sure would have sold

90k tickets and been a huge ratings draw on tv.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: August 27, 2015, 08:22:08 AM »
Harley is like the ultimate Getbigger, has every base covered.Would make a great story for an eighties-esque tv show, something like Magnum.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #414 on: August 27, 2015, 08:27:33 AM »
If you only knew, my friend. BJJ is one of the few Martial Arts where your rank is based solely on performance. How you handle yourself on
the mat with a variety of opponents. No matter how knowledgeable you are or how well you can do a move and technique, in the end none of that matters unless you can apply it during "free training" sessions. None of this "Kata" or being there long enough that they just give it to you so you don't quit and stop paying dues. And even if you beat others on the mat that still doesn't guarantee promotion. There was a guy who was a Blue Belt who could crush a lot of the higher belts but still wasn't promoted. Rickson recognized that his much greater size and strength advantage is what made him victorious and not his skill and knowledge in Jiu-Jitsu and therefore he did not merit a promotion.

I remember Rickson once telling me that it's the strong guys that are the hardest to teach and the slowest to learn because they depend so much on strength.

Back in the day, I was training in Jiu-Jitsu six days a week. Classes, private lessons, and meeting with friends on Sunday for "garage training." It took me 5 years to go from Blue Belt to Purple Belt.

Dear Pellius,
  I guess Be There believes there is some way to "fix" how many black belts appear in a class to train.  I just noted the amount as here in America it is difficult to accumulate so many
high level BJJ Black Belts but that is not the fault of Americans.  There are far too many reasons for this, most of which would bore too many others.
  I don't think he meant to imply that my promotion was "fixed."
  You, however, have quite the distinction as real, true life Rickson student (in some way, aren't we all Rickson's students?) who received one of the most legitimate promotions I
could only dream of.  You have much of which to be proud.
  I wasn't terribly smitten by Rickson when we met so it is a bit easier for me to accept the criticisms launched against him in terms of not fighting Sakuraba.  However, Pride was notorious
for faking the amounts paid to fighters.  Actually, they very often paid cash, seriously.  While in Brasil, I also trained with Murilo Bustamante at Brazilian Top Team and he can tell you
quite the stories of Pride.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #415 on: August 27, 2015, 08:29:53 AM »
  And yes, before I get hit with the audits from others, I have pictures of me actually training with Murilo, privately, at
BTT in Rio.  Once I figure this whole downsizing thing, I will post better pictures.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #416 on: August 27, 2015, 08:33:44 AM »
  And yes, before I get hit with the audits from others, I have pictures of me actually training with Murilo, privately, at
BTT in Rio.  Once I figure this whole downsizing thing, I will post better pictures.

I think you've proven enough to satisfy people that you aren't a bullshitter.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #417 on: August 27, 2015, 08:39:09 AM »
 The Vette or the Bentley?

Both.  (didn't see this before, Harley.  It was in another quote.)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: August 27, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »
And the gh15's ;)

Touche. I'll never live that down.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #419 on: August 27, 2015, 10:13:35 AM »
Harley, you are a great addition to Getbig.

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #420 on: August 27, 2015, 10:16:18 AM »
Harley, you are a great addition to Getbig.

absolutely! this board desperately needed something worth reading other than the usual b.s on here lately

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #421 on: August 27, 2015, 11:23:11 AM »
Harley, you are doing great things by posting quality material here. But beware....soon you will be running 100 gimmicks and arguing over the Adonis principles.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #422 on: August 27, 2015, 11:25:24 AM »
Harley is like the ultimate Getbigger, has every base covered.Would make a great story for an eighties-esque tv show, something like Magnum.

I could definitely see him starring in a show like Miami Vice

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
Re: Harley Breite appreciation thread
« Reply #423 on: August 27, 2015, 11:46:41 AM »
Bow tie warrior of peace

Some sound advice: Get a traditional short haircut, throw some gel in it, and buy yourself some power ties. You'll thank me later.

Simple Simon

« Reply #424 on: August 27, 2015, 11:54:37 AM »
Dear Pellius,
  I guess Be There believes there is some way to "fix" how many black belts appear in a class to train.  I just noted the amount as here in America it is difficult to accumulate so many
high level BJJ Black Belts but that is not the fault of Americans.  There are far too many reasons for this, most of which would bore too many others.
  I don't think he meant to imply that my promotion was "fixed."
  You, however, have quite the distinction as real, true life Rickson student (in some way, aren't we all Rickson's students?) who received one of the most legitimate promotions I
could only dream of.  You have much of which to be proud.
  I wasn't terribly smitten by Rickson when we met so it is a bit easier for me to accept the criticisms launched against him in terms of not fighting Sakuraba.  However, Pride was notorious
for faking the amounts paid to fighters.  Actually, they very often paid cash, seriously.  While in Brasil, I also trained with Murilo Bustamante at Brazilian Top Team and he can tell you
quite the stories of Pride.
Harley

I wasnt sure if you had been trolling earlier.
Now Im positive.

nice work.