Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 592801 times)

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #600 on: September 01, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »
Harley,

Thanks for your response.  I understand it is a culture issue.  Where do you see this ending for black folks?  I wonder how many killings they can have on the south side of Chicago before a stray bullet kills an innocent white person.  Then what?  Are we on the verge of a tipping point?  Economically, what about gentrification?  What will happen to them?  Where will they go as the gap between them and us spreads wider (for whatever reason, responsibility, etc)?  I'm seriously interested in this sort of thing.  Thank you and law on!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #601 on: September 01, 2015, 11:25:57 AM »
A 25 page appreciation thread?   That's a lot of motherfucking appreciation.  

I hear-by declare this thread closed. Anyone posting in this thread will be beaten, severely.
a

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #602 on: September 01, 2015, 11:39:09 AM »
A 25 page appreciation thread?   That's a lot of motherfucking appreciation.  

I hear-by declare this thread closed. Anyone posting in this thread will be beaten, severely.

Dear TommyWishbone,
  I'm a big fan of your responses on so many different topics. 
  I was sad to see that you have had your fill of this thread.
  By responding to you, I do hope that you won't start a fight with me at the Mr. O.
  Your views and experiences really interested me. 
Sincerely,
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #603 on: September 01, 2015, 11:41:05 AM »
I bet the 67 Novas are rare, too.  Sounds crazy, but I don't recall ever seeing one.  Looking at google images, I notice the overall body style isn't unlike the Chevelle, either. (but probably a little smaller?)

Your vehicle collection sounds like it will be bad ass.  When you start taking car pics, I hope you won't forget us on GB.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #604 on: September 01, 2015, 11:45:21 AM »
Sorry, Tommy!  (don't let that stop you from severely beating my dick, though - nh)

;D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #605 on: September 01, 2015, 11:46:55 AM »
Harley, in your experience seeing and hearing things with BBing: What would your judgment tell you is a reasonable way to successfully perform PCT?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #606 on: September 01, 2015, 12:08:03 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  At the risk of sounding ignorant, I don't know what PCT is?
  If you tell me what it is, I might have an opinion.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #607 on: September 01, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  At the risk of sounding ignorant, I don't know what PCT is?
  If you tell me what it is, I might have an opinion.
Harley

PCT is post-cycle therapy, but overall it refers to the treatment of raised estrogen from using gear, usually done as an attempt to stop negative effects before they happen (that's the main part of it).

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #608 on: September 01, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »
Dear SaintAnger,
  "Prison Rape" is one of the most exaggerated topics in the popular culture.
  You would be shocked as to how many gay men there are in prison who either do it for free because
they like to and will also do it and keep quiet about it so they don't expose the other prisoner.  Gay guys
are not in any shortage in prisons.
  The other fact that might surprise some is how many guys who are straight when they enter, end up
engaging in homosexual activity but will not consider the act nor themselves "gay."  They justify it by
saying that there is no other alternative and only because there are no women, they themselves are not gay.
  Also, female guards and correction officers are more times than you would believe, paid to have sex with inmates.
  One of my friends spent 17 years in one of NJ's worst prisons and for more than 2 years, he was dating a female guard
who would give him sex for free.  He told me that other female guards were paid between $300 and $500 to have sex
with an inmate.
Harley

EXACTLY !!!!!
I say this all the time, rapes do happen but not as much as people seems to think.

Same thing with people thinking pedos get beat up in prison.
They don't. If inmates can make some money with them nothing will happen to them the whole time they are there.

As far as female CO fucking inmates for money, I'd say the ones who do it do it for free simply because they have deep emotional and psychological issues. It happens quite often that a female CO fall in love with an inmate

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #609 on: September 01, 2015, 01:24:24 PM »
PCT is post-cycle therapy, but overall it refers to the treatment of raised estrogen from using gear, usually done as an attempt to stop negative effects before they happen (that's the main part of it).

Dear Las Vegas,
  We call it "changing cycles."  LOL.
  It's very important especially given that receptors become less operative faster than we would like.
  Also, the "crash" back down doesn't do anyone any good. 
  Assuming a person hasn't had the gland removed (a surgery I highly recommend and done by all pros), they need to be concerned with gynocomastia. 
  Nolvadex and Arimidex are critical.  If the gland is removed, no need for Nolvadex but keep the Arimidex. 
  When the person "switches," HCG is great.
Harley

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #610 on: September 01, 2015, 01:25:43 PM »
Dear TommyWishbone,
  I'm a big fan of your responses on so many different topics. 
  I was sad to see that you have had your fill of this thread.
  By responding to you, I do hope that you won't start a fight with me at the Mr. O.
  Your views and experiences really interested me. 
Sincerely,
Harley

Harley! I'm not being serious! That's called humor. 

Post away you delightful lunatics. 

Love, Tommy
a

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #611 on: September 01, 2015, 01:28:28 PM »
Harley! I'm not being serious! That's called humor. 

Post away you delightful lunatics. 

Love, Tommy

Dear Tommy,
  I too, was kidding.  I am still not very good at communicating my thoughts or sarcasm through the computer.
  I've read a great deal of your stuff and it's really kool. 
  I remember looking forward to your stuff and some other guy who everyone thought was around the pros long ago for a very long time.
  I can't remember his name but he was really old school and people sought his opinions as they still do yours.
  I do hope to have you on board and wish to hear your take on things.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #612 on: September 01, 2015, 02:59:35 PM »
Harley, what things stood out to you or maybe shocked you when you visited South America?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #613 on: September 01, 2015, 03:05:25 PM »
Harley, what things stood out to you or maybe shocked you when you visited South America?

Dear Las Vegas,
  I am running out to do a consult (Maintaining a Drug Manufacturing Facility) but let me answer your question as per Brasil:
  1)  The pervasive feeling of lawlessness
  2)  The realization that the police are not very interested in your overall safety and will not conduct a serious
investigation should you become "missing."
  3)  The abject poverty of the Brazilian favelas.  I have the fairly rare privilege of not only entering a Rio favela but
having lunch with a member who lives there.  Great photos. 
  4)  The lack of respect for human life.
  5)  The attitude that working like a dog leaves you less fortunate than an actual dog.
  6)  No one dares yell "fuck you" to someone without knowing 100% that a real fight will ensure.  Not like the cowards here
who yell and speed off in their cars, the same cars that just cut you off.
Harley
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #614 on: September 01, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I am running out to do a consult (Maintaining a Drug Manufacturing Facility) but let me answer your question as per Brasil:
  1)  The pervasive feeling of lawlessness
  2)  The realization that the police are not very interested in your overall safety and will not conduct a serious
investigation should you become "missing."
  3)  The abject poverty of the Brazilian favelas.  I have the fairly rare privilege of not only entering a Rio favela but
having lunch with a member who lives there.  Great photos.  
  4)  The lack of respect for human life.
  5)  The attitude that working like a dog leaves you less fortunate than an actual dog.
  6)  No one dares yell "fuck you" to someone without knowing 100% that a real fight will ensure.  Not like the cowards here
who yell and speed off in their cars, the same cars that just cut you off.
Harley
Harley

Yes, that's what I was thinking.  I'm sure it's a beautiful place with its scenery, too, which probably makes all those things seem so displaced.  It can't be good when the most common sentiment is utter desperation... something's definitely wrong.

I would really like to see those pics.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #615 on: September 01, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I have been asked about several people in terms of my own experiences with them.  I offer the following as only MY experiences and MY opinions which,
are just mine, limited and not exhaustive. However, here they are:
  1)  You are correct in that Dexter did give Craig advice on dieting for his first show after bombing out at his first Night of Champions (Victor won that his first time).
Craig ended up taking 3rd place in Orlando.  Dexter did not compete in that show.
   Craig then offered to pay Dexter to help him for the next show and Dexter refused with a bullshit response that Craig was competition for him and he couldn't do that
to himself.  Complete bullshit.  Dexter was at this point rising to the top and Craig was a mid-level pro at best.  Dexter could've been honest with his "friend".  Or, he could've
offered to help but not to as much time as would interfere with his own schedule.  Bottom line is, he just didn't care enough to help someone else.
  I also had a debate with Dexter after an Olympia contest where ALL competitors MUST appear at a Banquet IMMEDIATELY after the actual night show ends.  I somehow, always sneak
in.  Actually, Robin Chang sits at the door and checks attendance and welcomes me and lets me right in.  It is closed to the fans.  Well, Dexter had a 16 button Steve Harvey yellow
as a bee suit on and insisted his suits were better than mine.  Craig informed Dexter that he was wrong but Dexter insisted on rubbing me further.  Finally, Craig told him that I
own 82 custom made suits with a thread count of at least 160.  Dexter didn't even understand that.  I just laughed an walked away.
  I will say this about Dexter. I spent some time with him immediately after he had just won the Mr. O and he was genuinely elated and humbled.  He felt honored and carried himself
very well that night.  He was gracious with the fans for photos and comported himself well the entire year.
  2)  Murilo Bustamante was, in the end, another stereotypical Brazilian in the sense that he was ungrateful and had a sense of entitlement.
  I went to him for private lessons at his Brazilian Top Team academy in Rio.  That is not something most Gracie guys do but to me, Jiu-Jitsu is an open book and I am free to study
with anyone whom I choose.  Well, I went and the very first thing is that he doesn't take me seriously until I mention I will pay more than his usual fee.  Now he has all the time for me.
  I begin every single first private lesson with whomever I am training with the same question:  You are me.  I can not get away from a guy and I know we are going to fight.
What is MY first move?  Remember, I am 5 foot 7 inches tall with NO reach.  Bustamante tells me to throw a right cross to the face!!!  Really!!!  Have you seen the reach on Bustamante?
I express my doubts and ask him why he took up BJJ if his first move is what every idiot on the planet can do after never training a single minute.  I don't get a coherent answer.  In
attempting to have him assess my physical attributes and discuss what I feel comfortable doing, I still get nowhere with him.  
  Let me say this; he was very nice.  The training was very good.  
  The following Christmas I had someone deliver to him and one of his students who lived in a favela a very nice Michael Cross watch.
  Did he ever email me a thank you? No.  In fact, he was right there at the World Championships the next summer while I was competing, saw me, saw I had no
coach or anyone with me and never even came up to me.  That sealed the deal on my opinion of Bustamante.
 3)  Vitor Belfort:  I have never had any interaction with him at all.  I only know of the omnipresent rumors in Brasil that he is bi-sexual.  I don't like rumors about me and that
is why I don't usually follow up on rumors about others.  I really don't know anything about him.
Harley

fantastic insights and stories Harley

thanks for sharing these!

but really it comes as no surprise that Dexter would not help Craig, generally speaking I would say that 99 % of pros would probably have done the same as Dexter- they are a selfish bunch

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #616 on: September 01, 2015, 06:54:41 PM »
Harley,

Thanks for your response.  I understand it is a culture issue.  Where do you see this ending for black folks?  I wonder how many killings they can have on the south side of Chicago before a stray bullet kills an innocent white person.  Then what?  Are we on the verge of a tipping point?  Economically, what about gentrification?  What will happen to them?  Where will they go as the gap between them and us spreads wider (for whatever reason, responsibility, etc)?  I'm seriously interested in this sort of thing.  Thank you and law on!

If the individuals in question are poor, then the same thing will happen to them as all poor people (doesn't matter what color skin).

If they aren't poor, then maybe they can buy themselves a little time relative to their wealth.  God willing, of course.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #617 on: September 01, 2015, 07:17:57 PM »
Dear Harley,

What do you think the meaning of life is?
X

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #618 on: September 01, 2015, 07:56:59 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I am here remotely with my Computer Guy and we are trying to figure out how to post pictures.  Whenever we try to post images with a .jpeg extension, they are rejected.  We get an error message saying that only pictures with jpg or gif extensions can be posted.  How can we post .jpeg photos?   Most of our photos are .jpeg. 
  The other problem we are having is that it says that a picture exceeds 500 kb.  How do we get around that?
  I really appreciate your help and my Computer Guy will read your instructions, fix it and then explain it to me in Idiot Simple terms so I myself can
begin to post better pictures.
  Thanks so much.
Harley

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: September 01, 2015, 08:12:04 PM »
Hey Guys,
  I am here remotely with my Computer Guy and we are trying to figure out how to post pictures.  Whenever we try to post images with a .jpeg extension, they are rejected.  We get an error message saying that only pictures with jpg or gif extensions can be posted.  How can we post .jpeg photos?   Most of our photos are .jpeg. 
  The other problem we are having is that it says that a picture exceeds 500 kb.  How do we get around that?
  I really appreciate your help and my Computer Guy will read your instructions, fix it and then explain it to me in Idiot Simple terms so I myself can
  Thanks so much.
Harley

http://www.picresize.com/

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #620 on: September 01, 2015, 10:44:32 PM »
Hey Guys,
  Thanks so much.
Harley

You need to get another computer guy. These issues are ridiculously simply but just hard to explain. Having someone show you is really best way. Next time you see a kid on his Iphone offer him $20 and he'll take you through it easy.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #621 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:54 PM »
Harley, do you have any insights into the death of Rickson's son, Rockson, and also Renzo's brother, Ryan?

Rockson was no angel but Ryan, by all accounts, was just an evil cruel person? Even Ralph was a hot head. It's amazing how Renzo turned out to be such an exceptional, personable and charming human being.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #622 on: September 01, 2015, 11:07:34 PM »
Dear Saint Anger,
  Oh, I have very strong opinions on those related topics.  
  Here goes:  This is a CULTURAL issue!!!  Teachers don't teach young kids morals and good decision making; that comes from within the home or probably never
comes at all.  Don't blame the teachers when the parents don't read to their own kids.  I often see parents actually swearing at their young children.  What is even
more disturbing to me yet goes untouched is how frequently parents are yelling at their young kids.  I see mothers screaming in public at their 5 year old kids.  Isn't someone
going to tell them that there are serious consequences to a young child's psyche, self esteem, learning model, social development and intellectual development when a parent
insists on screaming at their own kid, especially in public?  The raised voice of a parent has serious implications on the mindset of any young child.  Because these "parents" are
themselves too young to be considered "mature adults" their child rearing skills are mostly dreadful.  Children need positive reinforcement at a very young age along with
discriminatory discipline and yelling.  Constant yelling serves only to diminish all of the necessary development skills, both psychological and physical which a child needs
nurtured, not destroyed over time.
  My big issue is role models and "babies having babies."  This is NOT a color issue.  This, for me, applies to all socio-economically challenged persons.  
  Role models such as basketball stars, NASCAR drivers and rappers serve very little purpose except to perpetuate a lower class left entirely without options as a result of their
own failure to seize opportunities.  I am affronted by those who don't teach their children that role models are of the Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice version, not tattoo faced rappers
like Lil' John or whatever that fool's name might be.
  Young children devoid of at least a high school education or a full-time trade should be taught NOT to procreate until such time as they can afford to raise a child.  This is a situation
which can not have a pleasant ending.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy and a Circle of Social Suicide" which, if not remedied, will serve only to widen the chasm between the lower class
and every other class.
  Now of course, you can always find exceptions to the rule but that only serves to prove the actual rule itself.  Do you want your child to have to be lucky enough to be the "exception?"
Of course not.  This all begins in the home and then continues, not originates, in the schools.
  These are just my honest views to a question posed to me.
Harley

How much of a role do you think the government plays in the creation of the welfare state where they incentivized fatherless
families?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #623 on: September 01, 2015, 11:11:31 PM »
Harley, I'm about to hit the hay, but will make post tomorrow that will show you how to do it.  You'll see it's all worth it and I'll be glad to answer any questions.  It's just a few steps and you shouldn't need to convert those jpegs or resize anything.  It should be very easy (fairly sure about the jpeg issue, but in the worst case the entire process is still only a few steps).

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #624 on: September 02, 2015, 05:08:24 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I am here remotely with my Computer Guy and we are trying to figure out how to post pictures.  Whenever we try to post images with a .jpeg extension, they are rejected.  We get an error message saying that only pictures with jpg or gif extensions can be posted.  How can we post .jpeg photos?   Most of our photos are .jpeg.  
  The other problem we are having is that it says that a picture exceeds 500 kb.  How do we get around that?
  Thanks so much.
Harley

.jpeg and .jpg are synonyms. Rename the file from "foo.jpeg" to "foo.jpg" and the brain-dead file extension matcher will post it.