Author Topic: bb needs an ambassador  (Read 9700 times)

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
bb needs an ambassador
« on: March 02, 2006, 05:29:46 PM »
we need an ambassador to represent our sport. like arnie did back in the 60s. someone to goto movie premiers nd shit lyk dat.

they gotta be able to talk properly, smart and so on

any ideas on who

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: bb needs an ambassador
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 05:46:34 PM »
Wayne DeMilla seems to think it's Guuuuuuuuuuuuuun-tah.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 06:49:22 PM »
they gotta be able to talk properly, smart and so on

any ideas on who

Well that kind of narrows the choices.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 07:48:37 PM »

Dude you are not far of the piont here , The sport does need a Public spokesman/women to front for it when ever the sport gets dissed on by the media or what ever , someone with moral fortitude and fiber, but dammmm who has that in this sport ??????
We need appeal, smarts and likeablity in a ambassador , they could be hired by the IFBB as there spokes person and face of Bodybuilding (insted of damm Ben Weider)
Any one got any ideas ???

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 07:50:15 PM »
I nominate Mr C Titus
CENSORED BY RON !

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 08:20:11 PM »
i think the best person i can think of was richard jones but now his in to mma

body88

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 08:21:28 PM »
Gunter would be perfect. What about Charles

andre_avigdor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 08:24:40 PM »
Gunter would be perfect. What about Charles

Are big Muscled men ever OFF your mind?

BigEnough

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »
Are big Muscled men ever OFF your mind?

Sometimes he thinks about dogs. 

But the dogs are boy dogs.

:(

body88

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 08:27:38 PM »
I have finally made it!!!!! 2 years posting  one meltdown and account deletion in the books  and I finally have a stalker / fan!
thanks andre i hope to see you in more threads :-* :-* :-* :-*

body88

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »
Sometimes he thinks about dogs. 
But the dogs are boy dogs. :(
2 fans!
And i thought it was just a Thursday night! All you guys are doing is clogging threads stalking and insulting fire away tough guys RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 07:10:56 AM »
and what is that ambassador going to say when people start asking about steroids? an ambassador won't change a thing.
Team Nasser!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 07:42:41 AM »
I vote for Cormier....
L

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 11:58:06 AM »
and what is that ambassador going to say when people start asking about steroids? an ambassador won't change a thing.
steriods will always be an issue.....but they arn't its the human growth hormone....normal people don't care to realize this..to them its all the same.
bodybuildersreality.com

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 12:24:43 PM »
A natural b.b could b a good one.................

i mean if u want him to be taken seriously out side b.b as that's what an ambassador is for.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 12:44:22 PM »
I think it should be someone who has been at the top (top 5 in the "O" or Arnold, not just an "O" competitor) who is through competing who can also speak intelligently about gear and his trial and tribulations if it came up.  A current pro obvisouly couldn't do that.  I know I will get heat for this one but Shawn is the only one I know of who can speak on everyones behalf and isn't afraid to speak his mind.  The only thing I wouldn't be sure of is if he would come out in the open and share his gear experiences with the media to give people a true insight as to what guys really do and how they deal with it...Feel free to slam me if you want, that's just my .02 worth ;D ;D ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 12:54:08 PM »
Body building isn’t really a sport; it’s a beauty contest, but if Miss America can be an “ambassador” for the Miss America organization, why not body building . . . ?

Seriously, we all know that drugs are an indispensable part of bodybuilding.  The many sad stories of bodybuilders who crash and burn, jeopardize their health, private pose (and more), inject oils, and all the rest make this a difficult activity to promote with credibility.  Leave it as is: a recreational activity for men who like to pump up and pose for other men.  ;)

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 12:58:05 PM »
  Leave it as is: a recreational activity for men who like to pump up and pose for other men.  ;)

That's pretty scary when you think of it that way!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 01:01:42 PM »
It should in theory be Ronnie. But seeing as he comes across as a big fuckin dope you can scratch that idea until he retires.
You would think that the Weiders with all their money and power could push the sport in a more positive direction but the older they get the less likely that will happen.
I think Jay would make a good ambassador if he ever wins the Olympia but it doesn't matter how likeable you are, how articulate you come across, remember, we are still part of a "sport" where drug use is imperative to reaching the top. Arnold only managed it cos gear was still legal in his day and he'd effectively retired (not including the '80 Olympia) by the time he became famous. But remember, Arnie got famous more for being an action hero than a bodybuilder so you could argue that not even he was an ambassador for bodybuilding when he was in his prime.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 01:07:18 PM »
That's pretty scary when you think of it that way!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Tell me I’m wrong.

Many will argue otherwise, but no serious bodybuilder is pumping up for women; they are all doing it for the benefit of other men.  Wearing a thong and posing to music no less!  On some level they want to be looked at by other men, admired for their looks by other men, ogled by other men, felt up by other men ( I could go on but you get the idea) . . .

Many bodybuilding magazines are oddly schizophrenic.  They try to portray themselves as a heterosexual interest but the content (and often the ads) are explicitly gay themed.

By definition body building is an extreme activity.  Accordingly, it is not supposed to appeal to the mainstream.  Therefore it does not need an ambassador.  The men (competitors and fans) will find their way to the “sport.”  They always have and always will--without an ambassador or excessive promotion.

Fitness certainly appeals to the mainstream but the relationship between fitness/health and professional body building is nonexistent.  :-\

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2006, 01:12:06 PM »
ronnie coleman is a perfect ambassador type for bodybuilding
big, obviously on growth drugs and in denial.

i nominate ronnie coleman!

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2006, 01:16:27 PM »
Tell me I’m wrong.
Many will argue otherwise, but no serious bodybuilder is pumping up for women; they are all doing it for the benefit of other men.  Wearing a thong and posing to music no less!  On some level they want to be looked at by other men, admired for their looks by other men, ogled by other men, felt up by other men ( I could go on but you get the idea) . . .
Many bodybuilding magazines are oddly schizophrenic.  They try to portray themselves as a heterosexual interest but the content (and often the ads) are explicitly gay themed.
By definition body building is an extreme activity.  Accordingly, it is not supposed to appeal to the mainstream.  Therefore it does not need an ambassador.  The men (competitors and fans) will find their way to the “sport.”  They always have and always will--without an ambassador or excessive promotion.
Fitness certainly appeals to the mainstream but the relationship between fitness/health and professional body building is nonexistent.  :-\

Do you consider for a moment that you are looking at bodybuilding through your "gay" lenses? Not that many people don't share your views--but I am hear to tell you that the vast majority of men DO NOT.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »
Requirments for an Ambassador...

1.Hasn't had nude photographs taken of themself & hasn't done "Gay for pay" in the past.

2.Has technical knowledge of anabolic steroids and can articulate arguments against people in the media on the spot and defend Anabolic Steroids.

3.Has atleast some technical knowledge of science and can articulate arguments on hand and discuss bodybuilding from a technical physiological level.

4.Is blunt and can stand up for themself at a moments notice.(Won't cower down and take a verbal beating from news personalities.)

5.Doesn't get involved in any of the disputes you see between bodybuilders.

6.Does not have a criminal record.

7.Is a Professional.

A few people I nominate that could develope these attributes if they don't have them already...

Gunter Schlierkamp
Jay Cutler
Bob Chicerillo
Dexter Jackson
Chris Cormier

Do they fit the qualifications that can't be worked on?

Ronnie Coleman isn't very smart I think. On Jay Leno He couldn't hardly articulate a sentence so there is no way he could argue for bodybuilding or anabolic steroids from a technical standpoint.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 01:41:03 PM »
Requirments for an Ambassador...
1.Hasn't had nude photographs taken of themself & hasn't done "Gay for pay" in the past.
2.Has technical knowledge of anabolic steroids and can articulate arguments against people in the media on the spot and defend Anabolic Steroids.
3.Has atleast some technical knowledge of science and can articulate arguments on hand and discuss bodybuilding from a technical physiological level.
4.Is blunt and can stand up for themself at a moments notice.(Won't cower down and take a verbal beating from news personalities.)
5.Doesn't get involved in any of the disputes you see between bodybuilders.
6.Does not have a criminal record.
7.Is a Professional.

That all sounds good, but such a person would not at all be representative of most pro (or amateur) bodybuilders.  :'(

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 01:44:15 PM »
That all sounds good, but such a person would not at all be representative of most pro (or amateur) bodybuilders.  :'(

That's not the point though now is it?

Sending someone out who represented most Pro's as an ambassador would be a disaster to the sport. Sending out someone like King Kamali to go on talk shows and argue for bodybuilding would just make us all look stupid.

We need to send the BEST we've got. The best looking,The smartest,The clean cut guy without a criminal record who is soft spoken but will stand up for himself and the sport at a moments notice.