Author Topic: The man who sold Minecraft to Microsoft for $2.5 billion feels "Isolated".  (Read 17594 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
"Hanging out in ibiza with a bunch of friends and partying with famous people, able to do whatever I want, and I've never felt more isolated."

- Markus Persson

Entire article can be found here (including his depressing Tweets)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ive-never-felt-more-isolated-153600734.html

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I don't buy it for a fucking second. Load of shit.

With all his bitching and moaning, he will still hang on to every last drop of money. If he really yearned for his old lifestyle, he would donate most of his money to charity, and keep enough to live off, but still lead a "normal" life.

At the thought of losing all of his money, he'd take money and isolation over making 50K a year and having friends. Yet, he complains about being a billionaire.  ::) ::)
X

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
The wrong guy reaped the profits here.  I'd venture to say with 2 billion...whining about being alone is one thing that would never happen to me.  Sometimes women just don't want a fat messy whiner billionaire.  I would handle this so much better.
What a piece of shit looking game too.  Figures.
He should consult with the Croatch. First step, watch your diet.  Next, join a gym.  Third, go to gym.  Last, stop crying on social media like a middle schooler on her period...embarrassment.
N

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
I believe him. He was a strange mofo. My son went through a huge minecraft phase and we spent a lot of time on the devloper forums and saw a lot of oddity from the guy. Kudos for the idea.

He needs to get a hit fitness model to fuck and a MMA trainer and some good gear.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
"Hanging out in ibiza with a bunch of friends and partying with famous people, able to do whatever I want, and I've never felt more isolated."

- Markus Persson

Entire article can be found here (including his depressing Tweets)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ive-never-felt-more-isolated-153600734.html

From his 70 million dollar mansion in Beverly Hills, a wall of candy :D

Found a great girl, but she's afraid of me and my life style and went with a normal person instead.
https://twitter.com/notch/status/637563733124980736

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
For 2.5 billion, he can pay to have endless women and to take care of some of his friends, so that they don't ever have to work.

Your whole life must change though. I'm sure he has to have security (unlike a normal person) and is probably paranoid to a certain extent.

Having a net worth like that means that you are surrounded by yes men and leeches 24/7.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
The point is he's a f*ing computer geek, that's all he knows and that's all he enjoys doing.

Forcing himself to "party in Ibiza with the celebrities" cause you're supposed to do that when you have money, eventhough he hates partying inside, won't bring him happiness.

He shouldn't have sold the company and just sticked with it, like Zuckerberg. Can you imagine Zuckerberg selling Facebook and trying to party on Ibiza....lol Would be the same sad story.

Also sitting around alone in that ridicoulous house, laughable for a guy like that. I bet the guy was happier in his shitty one-room flat in Sweden with his computer in front of him, working on his "masterpiece" ::)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Markus Persson felt alive and had a purpose in life when working with Minecraft, i assume Zuckerberg feels the same with Facebook.

Now with minecraft gone, maybe markus feels as is his purpose in life is gone.

When we sold the company, the biggest effort went into making sure the employees got taken care of, and they all hate me now.

In sweden, I will sit around and wait for my friends with jobs and families to have time to do shit, watching my reflection in the monitor.
https://twitter.com/notch/status/637563226755067904

Found a great girl, but she's afraid of me and my life style and went with a normal person instead.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
It is amazing how things turn out sometimes. I never would have thought a game like Minecraft would turn out to be so popular.

Absolutely proves that graphics to not necessarily equal success.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
Dude is in over his head. He'll die of a drug overdose. He moved into the wrong area. He'll get eaten alive where he is.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
I'd bet he's sad cause he's probably not working in any project right now.

Even with all the money in the world, I'd still work. Not a 9-5 job, but projects, and of course a lot of traveling and vacations.  :)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

haha, I bet a lotta getbiggers can relate to that ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
The point is he's a f*ing computer geek, that's all he knows and that's all he enjoys doing.

Forcing himself to "party in Ibiza with the celebrities" cause you're supposed to do that when you have money, eventhough he hates partying inside, won't bring him happiness.

He shouldn't have sold the company and just sticked with it, like Zuckerberg. Can you imagine Zuckerberg selling Facebook and trying to party on Ibiza....lol Would be the same sad story.

Also sitting around alone in that ridicoulous house, laughable for a guy like that. I bet the guy was happier in his shitty one-room flat in Sweden with his computer in front of him, working on his "masterpiece" ::)

I have to admit, x2.. Fugly geek geniuses seldom feel awesome at parties. and I'm sure if he got him self in great shape he would start to enjoy himself even more. People who look like that always feel uncomfortable around people who look like zyzz or some half naked crossfit women no matter how computer smart they are, facts.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Dude is in over his head. He'll die of a drug overdose. He moved into the wrong area. He'll get eaten alive where he is.

Sad. There's not a person in the world that he can truly trust without thinking that they are looking for a payday.

He needs to get a few dogs, stat. There's no love as unadulterated as the love of a dog.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
If i had 2.5 billion $ , i'd do a Curt Schilling, but try to avoid going into bankruptcy. :D

I'd make a game for PC and consoles called "The King of Getbig", where you start as a pleb / peon and work your way up the totempole, having to fight epic battles with Goodrum, Shizzo etc...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Actually, someone here from Getbig (maybe Devilsmile or Coach, anyone but Goodrum), should contact Markus and get him into shape (for a solid amount of money), and i'm talking Zyzz-shape or similar.

Then im sure he'd enjoy the parties and life much more when he gets appreciation from females and whatnot.

Make this your mission and get him in shape, it may be worth it!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
If i had 2.5 billion $ , i'd do a Curt Schilling, but try to avoid going into bankruptcy. :D

I'd make a game for PC and consoles called "The King of Getbig", where you start as a pleb / peon and work your way up the totempole, having to fight epic battles with Goodrum, Shizzo etc...

So Goodrum and Shizzo are lower-level bosses, who is the big bad boss to fight at the end? Ron, hurling orange chicken? OMR with "Pwning Level" = 9000? Princess L with a death of 1000 cutting remarks?

How does Joon fit into the game?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
Why wouldn't this nerd move to San Fran with all the other IT people?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Here's the whole house. Out bid Jay Z for the home. lol

http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2014/12/22/minecraft-creator-outbids-beyonce-and-jay-z-for-70m-beverly-hills-mansion/

Quite an interesting room here :D  Soulless.

He isn't lacking any vehicles though!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V

I never understood why rich people always feel they have to "diversify" or open a bunch of businesses.

If you are a multi-millionaire, why bother risking your money at all? Sure, you can have passions or hobbies, but most normal people start businesses with hopes of making the type of money that these people already possess.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Why wouldn't this nerd move to San Fran with all the other IT people?

What's strange is this:

Clearly, he can jump on any project he wants to with other developers. With his money and reputation, any computer company would love to have this guy. Shit, he can even donate his time for free, just for the hell of it. Just to stay active.

Instead, he chooses to sit home and wait for his friends to not be busy with their life.

X

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
So Goodrum and Shizzo are lower-level bosses, who is the big bad boss to fight at the end? Ron, hurling orange chicken? OMR with "Pwning Level" = 9000? Princess L with a death of 1000 cutting remarks?

How does Joon fit into the game?

Would be cool to se a survival horror game based on GB. With tbombz-like creatures running around, if you get bite you're dead.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Quite an interesting room here :D  Soulless.

He isn't lacking any vehicles though!

Oh that is so awful! Look at the terrible bugatti in the back reminding how isolated everything is, just horrible.

But he wouldn't contact me for fitness tips. Maybe hannibal4king or frank medrano :D