Author Topic: New Dirty Harry film in the works..!  (Read 13343 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: New Dirty Harry film in the works..!
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »
I like Will Smith in certain things.  This ain't one of them. 

Will not watch.  There is but one Harry Callahan.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2015, 04:08:41 PM »
Kwon was making it about race, as he does with everything lol.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2015, 04:15:20 PM »
What Harry did back then won't be as appreciated in today's liberal PC society :D

James Bond gone through a change to "adapt" to the current state of affairs, and so will probably Harry.

It won't be Dirty Harry (as we know him) anymore.

QFT i was watching james bond with sean connery in it. way more of a pimp than that blonde twink daniel graig.

dont be surprised if dirty harry becomes domestic harry who is gay with 2 kids 

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »
Agree, andre, but now they wanna reboot Jaws with an African manatee. Where does it end, right?

LMAO....Genius

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »
ironically magum force is on tv right now, definitely not the fresh princes territory

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2015, 04:29:46 PM »
QFT i was watching james bond with sean connery in it. way more of a pimp than that blonde twink daniel graig.

I really really miss serious manchauvinism in movies, like they did with Connery as James. Just isn't seen today is it. One big reason I keep watching those old ones over and over while never sitting down to watch a Daniel Craig's, even though they're alright production wise, the magic is all gone.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2015, 04:44:15 PM »
Typical Hollywood, can't come up with anything new.  There is only one Dirty Harry, period.  And if a remake was to be done, it damn sure should not be Will Smith.  If anything, Hugh Jackman would be a much better fit. 

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2015, 04:53:10 PM »
When hollywood remakes a movie sometimes all it is is bigger and louder

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2015, 06:17:06 PM »
amazing hollywood, well done, genius with Will Smith playing Harry Callaghan, what a load of shit!
http://www.theportlygazelle.com/2015/08/29/dirty-harry-remake-starring-will-smith-announced-for-2016/

That is absolutely ridiculous.will smith couldnt play a badass,its just not believable.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2015, 06:19:41 PM »
That is absolutely ridiculous.will smith couldnt play a badass,its just not believable.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Instead of Dirty Harry maybe they'll call it Filthy Andre  ;D

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2015, 07:33:14 PM »
Why make it a Dirty Harry movie?  Nobody under 40 knows those movies.  Just make it a Will Smith movie about a "tough as nails, plays by his own rules" street cop.  I'd watch that. 

The Dirty Harry movies were unique in that they were a conservative statement to the hippie generation.  It's why Clint insisted on the movie setting being in San Francisco.  I'm not saying Will couldn't do the role its just that those movies 'time box' a piece of America.  Times have changed and unless Will really pushed against the PC leftist agenda that dominates American media culture it just won't have the same impact.  To me Will won't do that because he's a product of the generation.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2015, 07:36:32 PM »
Gigantic Dirty Harry fan. Own all the movies.

This is a pure shit decision, if true.

Not to mention, in 2015, the PC intensity is at such an all-time high, that so much of what makes Dirty Harry Harry won't fly with the young offended-at-everything crowd. Harry is nothing if not politically INCORRECT. 

Exactly lol someone who gets it.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2015, 07:38:32 PM »
Why make it a Dirty Harry movie?  Nobody under 40 knows those movies.  Just make it a Will Smith movie about a "tough as nails, plays by his own rules" street cop.  I'd watch that. 

The Dirty Harry movies were unique in that they were a conservative statement to the hippie generation.  It's why Clint insisted on the movie setting being in San Francisco.  I'm not saying Will couldn't do the role its just that those movies 'time box' a piece of America.  Times have changed and unless Will really pushed against the PC leftist agenda that dominates American media culture it just won't have the same impact.  To me Will won't do that because he's a product of the generation.

This is the part I don't get, with all the remakes. They're all rewritten enough to be just more derivative hackery, so change the f'n title.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2015, 09:26:42 PM »
Instead of Dirty Harry maybe they'll call it Filthy Andre  ;D

;D ;D

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2015, 02:08:26 AM »
Agreed +2

Hugh Jackmans resemblance to clint when the first x-men movie hit in 2000 was quite remarkable. Obviously hugh wasnt even made up to look like clint but the comparrisons started .

If they were to recast he'd be the one imo.

Amen to this. When I red the words "Dirty Harry remake" Hugh Jackman was the only name that came to mind.  Given his likeness to Clint would you even have to bother with a remake? Just give him a fresh film as Callahan.

Will Smith can fuck right off. Nowt to do with race, he's just not a good enough, badass enough actor for the part. I haven't enjoyed anything he's done since Independance Day, that's the sort of lame shit he belongs in.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2015, 02:30:59 AM »
Lol, you could never take a black seriously in this sorta role. I like Will but this is ridiculous and sorta funny in a retarded way

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2015, 02:43:03 AM »

I think that Daniel Craig's James Bond is to combat the Jason Bourne image.
Daniel Craig's James Bond is more gritty, whereas Sean Connery's is more campy.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2015, 04:01:02 AM »
There is maybe only one who can play Dirty Harry correctly, Hickok45...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2015, 07:27:35 AM »
Lol, you could never take a black seriously in this sorta role. I like Will but this is ridiculous and sorta funny in a retarded way

I think Will is a good actor and is hilarious. Good for many comedic roles but not for action.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2015, 07:34:59 AM »
who cares.  People need to prove to Hollywood that we don't want this shit by not going and allowing the movie to bomb in the theater.  Sadly the lemmings will go and pay and Jew execs will pat each other on the back for a job well done.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2015, 07:43:31 AM »
who cares.  People need to prove to Hollywood that we don't want this shit by not going and allowing the movie to bomb in the theater.  Sadly the lemmings will go and pay and Jew execs will pat each other on the back for a job well done.

This has been repeated for ages, and since this formula still never fails, it will keep on continuing.

People eat up all this reboot-crap they spew to the public.

Oh how they easily can manipulate some people.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2015, 08:04:54 AM »
This has been repeated for ages, and since this formula still never fails, it will keep on continuing.

People eat up all this reboot-crap they spew to the public.

Oh how they easily can manipulate some people.

The worst example was the black karate kid reboot.  It made something like $50-60 million on opening weekend and $170 million overall domestically.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2015, 08:20:30 AM »
The worst example was the black karate kid reboot.  It made something like $50-60 million on opening weekend and $170 million overall domestically.

actually that movie was done pretty well and was entertaining....I know you have a mental illness but try your best to look beyond your anti-black mind

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2015, 10:32:35 AM »
who cares.  People need to prove to Hollywood that we don't want this shit by not going and allowing the movie to bomb in the theater.  Sadly the lemmings will go and pay and Jew execs will pat each other on the back for a job well done.

They DO want this shit, though, that's why they make 'em. We're fucked by stupid audiences as much as we are greedy studios. Supply and demand. Same with f'n music: Rock didn't die, the fanbase did. People got stupid and lazy after the 90s.

So, you know, get off my damn lawn and stuff.