Author Topic: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.  (Read 35010 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Marriage Minded Gays 1. Fundie Christian Court Clerks 0.
« Reply #575 on: September 29, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »
Even her attorney is a dumb ass apparently.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/09/29/3706790/liberty-counsel-kim-davis-retraction/

As if there would ever be 100,000 people at a Kim Davis prayer rally.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #576 on: September 29, 2015, 03:40:12 PM »
Wait, you don't think this Kentucky inbred was specifically targeted by activists?

targeted how?

Are you referring to gay couples who came from out of the area or out of state to get marriage licenses AFTER finding out that she was refusing to do her job

If so, I don't see any problem with that at all

She already chose to defy the law and a court order and make this all about herself so she made herself a target and all these people are asking her to do is her job so not exactly a huge demand on their part

Davis was given many different options and instead she chose to make herself the focus and brought this all on herself

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: September 29, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
targeted how?

Are you referring to gay couples who came from out of the area or out of state to get marriage licenses AFTER finding out that she was refusing to do her job

If so, I don't see any problem with that at all

She already chose to defy the law and a court order and make this all about herself so she made herself a target and all these people are asking her to do is her job so not exactly a huge demand on their part

Davis was given many different options and instead she chose to make herself the focus and brought this all on herself

Yeah, guess I don't either, not if the first couple was local. Wasn't sure.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #578 on: September 29, 2015, 04:44:36 PM »
repubs need heroes so badly.

a democrat with 4 marriages, history of infidelity, fat and lazy overpaid govt worker = 2 presidential candidates begging to praise her for blowing off the constitution when she feels like cherry picking what she likes from it.

pathetic.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #579 on: September 29, 2015, 04:53:39 PM »
Wait, you don't think this Kentucky inbred was specifically targeted by activists?

Remember, it wasn't just gay couples she refused to give licenses to.  There was just as many straight couples that didn't receive theirs either.  So really can't consider them activists. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: September 29, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »
Remember, it wasn't just gay couples she refused to give licenses to.  There was just as many straight couples that didn't receive theirs either.  So really can't consider them activists. 

"what is it you say you actually do here?"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #581 on: September 29, 2015, 05:41:40 PM »

Good point. I forgot about that

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: September 29, 2015, 11:35:26 PM »

Now I'm confused. If she's rejecting everyone, where does "against my faith" and whatnot come into play? This just sounds like shitty customer service.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: October 02, 2015, 02:48:06 PM »
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/10/02/pope-francis-throws-kim-davis-bigotry-bus.html

Uggghhh.   Can't they just stop this from blowing up in their faces for just one week?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: October 04, 2015, 06:13:08 AM »
First the pray rally for Kim Davis photo was exposed as fake.   Then the so called private meeting and conversation with the Pope has been exposed as fevered exaggeration and desperation.

http://reverbpress.com/discovery/spiritual/kim-davis-caught-lie-sex-couple-actually-got-secret-meeting/

Kim Davis should consider firing Liberty Counsel.  They are making her look bad.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #586 on: October 04, 2015, 12:59:23 PM »
First the pray rally for Kim Davis photo was exposed as fake.   Then the so called private meeting and conversation with the Pope has been exposed as fevered exaggeration and desperation.

http://reverbpress.com/discovery/spiritual/kim-davis-caught-lie-sex-couple-actually-got-secret-meeting/

Kim Davis should consider firing Liberty Counsel.  They are making her look bad.

Liberty Counsel; must be the same group that supplied the 'information' at the PP hood hearing.
w

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #587 on: October 04, 2015, 02:27:35 PM »
The kicker is that there is a photograph of the Pope meeting and speaking with a gay couple in private just a day before Kim Davis, errr... I mean Liberty Counsel claimed that the she had a private audience with the Pope.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #588 on: October 14, 2015, 11:00:46 PM »
Kim Davis officially caves, will no longer deny same-sex marriage licenses

Source: Examiner

For the better part of the last two months, Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been in and out of the news for her opposition to same-sex marriage in the state. After much push back from the legal system, Davis appears to be throwing in the towel.

Davis made headlines after denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples earlier this summer. After four couples filed a lawsuit against the Kentucky clerk, Judge David Bunning found Davis in contempt of court, and sentenced her to time in a county jail. When she was released five days later, Davis was greeted by hundreds of supporters, while vowing to continue to deny marriage licenses. As NBC News reported on Oct. 14, Davis' lawyer has made it clear that his client will no longer try to overturn licenses that have been given out in Rowan County.

In the time since she was sent to jail, the clerk's office had approved marriage licenses to same-sex couples, which Davis and her legal team attempted to have voided in court. Once she returned to work, Davis had been accused of altering marriage forms by removing her name and the county name from the official paperwork. Now after presenting court filings on Tuesday, Davis' lawyers has acknowledged that the licenses are legal and will no longer be challenged.

"Marriage licenses are being issued in Rowan County, which (Kentucky Gov. Steven Beshear) and Kentucky attorney general have approved as valid, which are recognized by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and which are deemed acceptable by the couples who received them," Davis' legal team wrote. "The Kentucky governor and Kentucky attorney general both inspected the new licenses and publicly stated that they were valid and will be recognized as valid by the Commonwealth of Kentucky."

Read more: http://www.examiner.com/article/kim-davis-officially-caves-will-guy-deny-same-sex-marriage-licenses

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: October 15, 2015, 06:16:59 AM »
Apparently her -hahahah- legal counsel has thrown in the towel as well and declared all licenses are indeed valid whether or not it has her signature on them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: October 15, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »
Apparently her -hahahah- legal counsel has thrown in the towel as well and declared all licenses are indeed valid whether or not it has her signature on them.

Where's 333386 with his "VINDICATED" posts?

I miss that dude!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #591 on: December 22, 2015, 02:58:01 PM »
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin Removes Names Of Clerks From Marriage Licenses
12/22/2015
Associated Press

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky Republican Gov. Matt Bevin has ordered the state to prepare new marriage licenses that do not include the names of county clerks in an attempt to protect the religious beliefs of Kim Davis and other local elected officials.

In a news release Tuesday, Bevin said he has issued an executive order directing the Kentucky Department of Libraries and Archives to issue the revised marriage license forms to all county clerks. The order comes after Davis, the Rowan County clerk, spent five days in jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kentucky-gay-marriage_5679b858e4b06fa6887f15b7

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #592 on: December 22, 2015, 08:46:52 PM »
It's unclear to me how this protects anyone's religious freedom, but hey...

I look forward to campaigning for and being elected to a menial position in the county where I reside, before asserting that performing the functions of that office violates my religious beliefs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: December 23, 2015, 08:52:10 AM »
Or you can run around the country filing lawsuits whenever you see any kind of religious symbol on public property, claiming you have suffered emotional distress. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #594 on: December 23, 2015, 08:56:11 AM »
Or you can run around the country filing lawsuits whenever you see any kind of religious symbol on public property, claiming you have suffered emotional distress. 

Except that doesn't bother me very much. And also, it's tiring. It's big ass country!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: December 23, 2015, 09:00:30 AM »
Except that doesn't bother me very much. And also, it's tiring. It's big ass country!

Doesn't stop atheists from doing it.  It's like a full-time job.  Baby Jesus and "Merry Christmas" causing emotional distress all over the country.

Baby Jesus, "Merry Christmas" banner removed from VA hospital
By Todd Starnes 
Published December 21, 2015
FoxNews.com

A manger and a banner reading “Merry Christmas” were removed from a public area of a VA hospital in Texas after someone complained about “overly religious and offensive” decorations.

“They ruined our decorations,” Vietnam veteran Ethel Holloway told television station KENS. “They threw them out.”

Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch – a must-read for conservatives!

Holloway said she had been putting up decorations at the Audi Murphy VA Hospital for 33 years – without any problems. This year, her yuletide banner turned out to be problematic.

“They literally took pieces from the middle of a whole train set, because the middle said ‘Merry Christmas,’” helper Grace Martinez told the television station.

The South Texas Veterans Health Care System admits they removed not only Holloway’s “Merry Christmas” banner, but also a manger along with a “specific scripture decoration.”

“During the removal of a manger and specific scripture decoration, a Merry Christmas decoration was accidentally removed and damaged,” read a statement from the VA to Fox News. “The remaining decorations were removed by the decoration donor and her representatives.”

The VA hospital said they have offered to reimburse her for the damaged decorations.

“We acknowledge that the corrective action should have been to display the faith-specific holiday decoration along with multiple religious faith symbols,” the statement read. “We are currently ensuring that our staff are educated and aware of the national policy and how it relates to decorations throughout the facility.”

So the VA destroys a brave veteran’s Christmas decorations – and their response is “oops – our bad”?

“The faith specific symbols were displayed in a public area without other specific religious symbols being included,” their statement read.

I’d like to know what happened to the manger scene and the other “overly religious and offensive” decorations.

Were they returned to donors? Were they stored in a closet? Were they tossed to the curb?

The VA hospital told me they have no idea what became of Joseph, Mary and the Baby Jesus. There was no room for them in the inn or apparently the Audie Murphy VA Hospital.

It’s not the first time the VA has tried to cleanse its hospitals of Christmas cheer.

A VA hospital in Salem, Virginia banned Christmas greetings, “religious” carols, and Christmas trees from all public areas earlier this year.

After hospital employees staged a revolt, the VA relented and agreed to allow Christmas trees – provided the trees were accompanied by symbols of Kwanzaa and Hanukkah.

However, hospital employees are still prohibited from wishing veterans a “Merry Christmas” or playing “religious” Christmas music – even in their personal work space, according to The Becket Fund.

“I like ‘Jingle Bells’ as much as the next person, but the government can’t ban ‘religious’ Christmas carols any more than it can ban ugly sweaters or egg nog,” said Kristina Arriaga, executive director of The Becket Fund.

The Becket Fund, a religious liberty advocacy group, recently awarded the Sale VA hospital its “Ebenezer Award” “for the most ridiculous affront to the Christmas and Hanukkah seasons.”

“Our veterans stare down the most hostile threats to freedom the world has ever known,” Arriaga said in a statement. “But I’m pretty sure the words ‘Merry Christmas’ are not one of them.”

Amen, ma’am.

I reached out to the VA hospital one last time to find out what was so “overly offensive” about the manger scene.  I’m still waiting on a reply.

But I suspect it had something to do with a baby wrapped in swaddling clothes.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/12/21/baby-jesus-merry-christmas-banner-removed-from-va-hospital.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #596 on: December 23, 2015, 09:09:06 AM »
"I reached out to the VA hospital one last time to find out what was so “overly offensive” about the manger scene.  I’m still waiting on a reply"

I think the answer is in his own article. It's not that it was offensive, that is a red herring, it is that there were no other religions represented in the government facility. They admitted their error in not including other religious trappings rather than removing those.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #597 on: December 23, 2015, 09:12:14 AM »
"I reached out to the VA hospital one last time to find out what was so “overly offensive” about the manger scene.  I’m still waiting on a reply"

I think the answer is in his own article. It's not that it was offensive, that is a red herring, it is that there were no other religions represented in the government facility. They admitted their error in not including other religious trappings rather than removing those.

It's not a red herring.  That's exactly what the person complained about: 

A manger and a banner reading “Merry Christmas” were removed from a public area of a VA hospital in Texas after someone complained about “overly religious and offensive” decorations.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #598 on: December 23, 2015, 09:14:51 AM »
I stand corrected. That it was not inclusive of all the religions possibly represented in the hospital should have been the reason. Offensive.. only to the extent it excluded others..

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #599 on: December 23, 2015, 09:17:56 AM »
Doesn't stop atheists from doing it.  It's like a full-time job.  Baby Jesus and "Merry Christmas" causing emotional distress all over the country.

And that's relevant to me because... why?

It's not a red herring.  That's exactly what the person complained about:  

I consider the removal silly, but just because someone complained that it's "overly religious and offensive" doesn't mean that it was actually removed for being offensive.

You may also want to consider that there are a number of people who believe there's a "War on Christmas" so fervently that they feel obligated to wage the War themselves. I know one such Christian who actually calls to complain about such displays in an effort to prove a point that the War on Christmas is real when whoever she complains to tries to accomodate her bogus complaint. Not saying that's the case here, but this is a thing.