Author Topic: RACHEL MADDOW DESTROYS ANOTHER REPUBLICAN NONSENSE CLAIM ABOUT OBAMA  (Read 4244 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: RACHEL MADDOW DESTROYS ANOTHER REPUBLICAN NONSENSE CLAIM ABOUT OBAMA
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2015, 02:30:10 PM »
i would be very surprised to learn some of these guys were against bush for the same type things they oppose obama on.  very surprised.  i'd be shocked.

i know there are some hopelessly clueless among us, but this is a much more destructive mindset than that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2015, 02:33:56 PM »
Yes it does.... because as I said... ALL EOs are unconstitutional.

The fact you don't see the root of the problem is why discussions don't work between us.

I disagree with your "root of the problem."  When you start with a false premise, your entire position is usually pretty weak.  We can agree to disagree about whether all EOs are unconstitutional. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »
I disagree with your "root of the problem."  When you start with a false premise, your entire position is usually pretty weak.  We can agree to disagree about whether all EOs are unconstitutional. 

Oh, I'm sure we will.

As the constitution states."The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

As the constitution provides no clause for executive orders... Or rather, it is not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, they are illegal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2015, 02:38:53 PM »
LOL @ it's only wrong to circumvent the constitutional process when I dislike the laws being enacted".

hahahah

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2015, 05:23:44 PM »
You really don't know WTF you're saying.

explain

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2015, 05:28:17 PM »
1. No, it's really not.

Their job is to do what's best for their constituents, which virtually no politician does, but the average person is too stupid to realize it.

2. Really?

What did he do that was irreparable... Please list the things... I'll wait.

You act like in 8 years Obama crushed our economy and got us into wars costing trillions.

Wrong guy.

If Bush didn't do irreparable damage to our country, and I don't think he did, then whatever Obama has done, CERTAINLY, isn't irreparable.

As a matter of fact, I would like to know what you think these irreparable things are he's done?

You going to take away the health care bill? Seems to me that the Republicans spent the better part of 2 years saying they would repeal it... Didn't happen.

What the hell else has Obama done?

Seriously... What did he do that is irreparable?

Patriot Act? Didn't seem to destroy the country when we had it, and it's still mostly there.

So I seriously question your understanding of the statement "beyond repair".

Excellent post....and truthful

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2015, 05:36:48 PM »
That's not how our government works.  The president doesn't get to make law just because he's too poor of a leader to build consensus.  Even if it's just obstruction, he doesn't get to change the law.  Congress passes laws, the presidents enforces, and the courts interpret.  That's how the separation of powers can and should work.  No one who cares about this country should be comfortable with what that man has done. 

you're amazing...but this type of opinion is expected of someone who obviously hasn't followed whats going on and has an agenda.....ANYONE who has followed politics can see that the republicans NEVER had any intention of working with Obama....they basically said so from the beginning....they did not want anything to pass out of congress and this is why the congress of the last few years has not done much..

By the way..we're all STILL waiting for the Republican alternative to Obamacare.....and also the Republican plan for immigration reform....their strategy is to make attempts to repeal something by promising an alternative but then nothing appears......

as for president do not make the law, how about Bill Clinton's "don't ask don't tell"???...which was a very major shift in military rules....what about Reagan's own amnesty on illegal aliens???

DESTROYED....yet again

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »
If Bush issued an EO in 2002 allowing the NSA to spy on Americans without a warrant, I am opposed to that.  I have stated on this board, repeatedly, that I am opposed to warrantless searches. 

Now tell me again what this has to do with Obama's unconstitutional EO? 

it may not relate to you much, but it DOES relate to the point of the Republicans calling for Obama's impeachment and saying he is an emperor when EO's are basically the NORM

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2015, 05:50:34 PM »
explain

because the idea is to avoid placing too much trust in any one person.  we can't afford to do that.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »
because the idea is to avoid placing too much trust in any one person.  we can't afford to do that.

okay..valid argument

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2015, 06:04:11 PM »
okay..valid argument

yes, it would be great if we could trust them (including the unknowns in the future), but we can't.  terrible investment of trust.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »
you're amazing...but this type of opinion is expected of someone who obviously hasn't followed whats going on and has an agenda.....ANYONE who has followed politics can see that the republicans NEVER had any intention of working with Obama....they basically said so from the beginning....they did not want anything to pass out of congress and this is why the congress of the last few years has not done much..

By the way..we're all STILL waiting for the Republican alternative to Obamacare.....and also the Republican plan for immigration reform....their strategy is to make attempts to repeal something by promising an alternative but then nothing appears......

as for president do not make the law, how about Bill Clinton's "don't ask don't tell"???...which was a very major shift in military rules....what about Reagan's own amnesty on illegal aliens???

DESTROYED....yet again

The president doesn't get to violate the Constitution because he cannot get Congress to work with him.  The remedy is to either build consensus and get the votes he needs or have his opponents voted out of office. 

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2015, 10:01:21 AM »
Maddow is a loon.

2 words: Executive Memorandum.

Don't forget about Obama's clever use of the "administrative branch".

Obamacare, Dodd Frank, Net Neutrality, and all of the EPA bullshit are just a few of the big govt monstrosities we didn't need that will do more harm than good.

Some of you guys really want to be controlled, over-taxed, and have your decisions and life micromanaged and ruled over by the federal govt and a king who you pretty much worship - it's hilarious.

Not a fan of Bush either myself. He made some very bad decisions and spent too much money. But it's time to quit bringing up Bush for comparison after all of these years every time someone makes a valid criticism of Obama.
A

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »
Maddow is a loon.

Obamacare, Dodd Frank, Net Neutrality, and all of the EPA bullshit are just a few of the big govt monstrosities we didn't need that will do more harm than good.

Some of you guys really want to be controlled, over-taxed, and have your decisions and life micromanaged and ruled over by the federal govt and a king who you pretty much worship - it's hilarious.

Not a fan of Bush either myself. He made some very bad decisions and spent too much money. But it's time to quit bringing up Bush for comparison after all of these years every time someone makes a valid criticism of Obama.

But it's perfectly OK by you to do in reverse, I'm sure.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2015, 10:10:21 AM »
But it's perfectly OK by you to do in reverse, I'm sure.

Sorry, I don't know what you're getting at. I've often stated I'm not a fan of Bush, if that's what you're trying to imply.

I am against big govt, period. I am a fiscal conservative and social libertarian who believes in states' rights, the constitution, and that the federal govt should do little more than provide national defense and a sensible foreign policy, along with protecting citizens from legit harm and fraud.
A

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2015, 10:21:14 AM »
Sorry, I don't know what you're getting at. I've often stated I'm not a fan of Bush, if that's what you're trying to imply.

I am against big govt, period. I am a fiscal conservative and social libertarian who believes in states' rights, the constitution, and that the federal govt should do little more than provide national defense and a sensible foreign policy, along with protecting citizens from legit harm and fraud.

Yet you're not troubled by illegal immigration.  Does it bother you to be inconsistent?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2015, 07:44:26 PM »
Maddow is a loon.

Maddow is not a loon...she backs up all of her commentary with sources,....she doesn't just make pronouncements like some others

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2015, 08:28:43 PM »
Maddow is not a loon...she backs up all of her commentary with sources,....she doesn't just make pronouncements like some others

Like Bill OReilly?

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2015, 09:37:06 AM »
Yet you're not troubled by illegal immigration.  Does it bother you to be inconsistent?

When have I ever said I was not at all concerned about illegal immigrants?

Speaking of "inconsistent", don't you think it's inconsistent to troll a member under one gimmick, while using at least one other gimmick to PM that same member for investment advice?
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2015, 09:45:14 AM »

She's a leftist loon propagandist.
A

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2015, 11:29:06 AM »
She's a leftist loon propagandist.

She has her looney moments... Just like O'Reilly, Hannity, Matthews... They are all looney.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2015, 01:58:25 PM »
She has her looney moments... Just like O'Reilly, Hannity, Matthews... They are all looney.

But again...she sources her arguments

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2015, 01:59:20 PM »
But again...she sources her arguments

I can not argue that when she goes full loon, she finds papers, numbers, and facts to back her position.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2015, 02:06:56 PM »
1. No, it's really not.

Their job is to do what's best for their constituents, which virtually no politician does, but the average person is too stupid to realize it.

2. Really?

What did he do that was irreparable... Please list the things... I'll wait.

You act like in 8 years Obama crushed our economy and got us into wars costing trillions.

Wrong guy.

If Bush didn't do irreparable damage to our country, and I don't think he did, then whatever Obama has done, CERTAINLY, isn't irreparable.

As a matter of fact, I would like to know what you think these irreparable things are he's done?

You going to take away the health care bill? Seems to me that the Republicans spent the better part of 2 years saying they would repeal it... Didn't happen.

What the hell else has Obama done?

Seriously... What did he do that is irreparable?

Patriot Act? Didn't seem to destroy the country when we had it, and it's still mostly there.

So I seriously question your understanding of the statement "beyond repair".

Must be a hell of a refute he is typing now....  for it to take this long and reply.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2015, 06:04:55 PM »
When have I ever said I was not at all concerned about illegal immigrants?

Speaking of "inconsistent", don't you think it's inconsistent to troll a member under one gimmick, while using at least one other gimmick to PM that same member for investment advice?

???