Author Topic: Melania Trump  (Read 33099 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Melania Trump
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2016, 12:29:11 PM »
They should just blame it on the staffer being lazy and they liked the speech when they read it and didnt know that part was lifted.

But they're not.   They're denying plagiarism.  Just a 1-in-trillion coincidence.

I think top people should write their own stuff....but that's not usually the case.

But Melaina interrupted Matt Lauer to say "I wrote it myself with very little help" and "I only practiced it once". 
She went out of her way to give us obvious lies.  She's a lot like Donald Trump in that manner, I guess.

Unless they fire someone, they show us they don't hold national fckups accountable.  Imagine the mayhem the Trump admin will bring us, with zero accountability.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2016, 09:56:52 PM »
In reading and listening to commentary this morning, I am struck by how Melania Trump is portrayed as a victim of her speechwriters -- some commentators going so far as to say she was 'betrayed.'

This is demeaning to women -- that is, she is a victim? Hardly. Even by the Times own reporting on her history, Mrs. Trump has played her hand repeatedly -- capitalizing on her looks and when seeing an opportunity (here I paraphrase a friend), she seized it to ostensibly improve her place in society. Thus, her union with Trump.

She claimed she wrote the speech herself; she claimed to have read it only once before giving it. This is just another example of the Trumpesque political burlesque that we have been watching for a year now. Mrs. Trump by many accounts, is considered an aware, intelligent person. Did she just dress for the occasion and the part without considering her place in history? She is as much to blame as those writers who 'set her up.' She is a grown woman and should take responsibility for what she says and does. Nobody gets a pass on this one, including the Trumps themselves. Where are those family members running the show? Clearly a return to "The Amateur Hour."
--Nancy Rose Steinbock

So much for Mrs. Trump's values and opinions. It is bad enough that she did not even bother to verify the contents of what someone wrote for her or in any way personalize the text, but she needed someone to write what she wanted to say about herself? It's one thing to have a speechwriter when making a major policy announcement but to use one to provide one's own experience, to praise her husband, to introduce herself to the country? Really?

And the Trump campaign has known for at least two months that he'd be the nominee, and that his wife would make a speech. Don't they have anyone to check what the speechwriters prepared for integrity, accuracy and originality? Putting random phrases in quotes and doing an online search would have immediately found the original speech by Michelle Obama - something an intern could have done. Sheez. Talk about incompetent simpletons - the whole campaign is a joke.
--The Real Mr. Magoo

Yes the authentically felt words of someone else who you need to reference. Sure both speeches were mostly written by someone else but come on Mrs. Trump or probably her speechwriter lifted whole segments of Mrs. Obama's speech. and you say it is nothing. Even worse Trump will not even acknowledge the sloppy work of the speech writer an take any responsibility. It is a pattern when he himself says things over and over that are false and when called on it says he saw or heard it on the internet. But according to you it is not a serious world event so we just look the other way. It was the prime time speech of a possible first lady where she says she wrote. But its main core was lifted from the wife of the president the Republicans demonized the entire first night and Mr. Trump even implied earlier in the day indirectly supports police shootings. Yeah it surely is much ado about nothing.
--BC

Plagiarism is not imitation, it is theft. Spending the last 8 years mocking and attacking President Obama, as Donald Trump has done, and then stealing Michelle Obama's convention speech to "introduce" Mrs. Trump to America is not respectful of her depth or capacity for empathy - it is stupid, offensive and insulting. And it is utterly baffling to think that no one involved with the Trump campaign vetted "her" speech, which was so obviously written by others, to check for originality of content. I mean, they only had two months to prepare.

You say it is much ado about nothing, which may make some sense only in the context of a campaign that has been redefining stupidity and offensiveness by the day. But it clearly shows that the Trump campaign is either utterly clueless or lacks even a shred of integrity or decency. Either way, this is - or should be - yet another red flag.
--TRMM

My spidey sense was tingling the minute Melania Trump started speaking. It was crystal clear that she not only didn't write her speech but she didn't understand parts of it either. Phrases like 'word is his bond' set off the alarm bells for me.

The side-by-side comparisons of First Lady Obama and Melania Trump are cruel. On one side we have the most intelligent and accomplished First Lady in history, who was actually President Obama's boss when they met. On the other we have a woman who posed and dated a series of rich men to get where she is.

Mrs. Trump didn't just plagiarize the First Lady's speech, she flat out lied. She called her husband an 'honest' and 'honourable' man. English isn't her first language so it's possible she doesn't know what those words mean.
--Laura174

So this puts Trump in an unenviable position. He has staked his campaign on calling Clinton a liar. Now his wife has said, in an interview with Matt Lauer, that she wrote the speech. If she did write the speech then she plagiarized Mrs. Obama, making her a liar. If she didn't write the speech, and they throw a staff member under the bus, then she lied to Mr. Lauer. So anyway you slice it Donald Trump's wife is a liar. Tsk. Tsk.
--Oliver

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2016, 09:59:43 PM »
Melania Trump: The education of a first lady
by Gerance Ruta

CLEVELAND — News that a portion of Melania Trump’s Republican convention opening night speech appeared to be plagiarized from Michelle Obama’s 2008 Democratic convention address threw the two women into vivid contrast Tuesday and led to fresh questions about Trump’s claims about her education.

Though Trump says on her website that she obtained a degree in design and architecture from a university in Slovenia, her biographers have made clear that she left college after her first year to pursue a career as a model.

Not finishing — or even attending — college is a first lady background that’s been more common in Republican administrations over the past 75 years, perhaps reflecting the greater gender traditionalism on the GOP side of the aisle.

Obama, for her part, is a graduate of Harvard Law School. And while her educational background is unusual in American first lady history, having earned a graduate degree is something Obama shares with Hillary Clinton, who also earned a law degree, and with Laura Bush, who holds a master’s degree in library sciences.

Melania Trump, should her husband win the White House, would represent the return of an earlier type of first lady, one who did not graduate from college and instead pursued a career in a less verbal, more visual arena.

The last first lady with that sort of arts-and-culture background was Betty Ford, who studied dance at the Bennington College School of Dance and later at Martha Graham in New York. Joining Ford in the non-bachelor’s degree-holding club are Mamie Eisenhower, who attended finishing school in an era when women rarely went to college, Barbara Bush, who dropped out of Smith College after one year to marry, and Rosalynn Carter, who attended Georgia Southwestern College before marrying and moving with her new husband.

The other recent first ladies are college graduates. Jacqueline Kennedy held a Bachelor of Arts degree from George Washington University, where she studied French literature. Lady Bird Johnson was issued two bachelor’s degrees, one in journalism, from the University of Texas. Pat Nixon earned a bachelor’s from the University of Southern California in merchandising after working her way through junior college. And Nancy Reagan graduated from Smith College.

The increasing educational attainment of first ladies in recent administrations mirrors the increasing educational attainment of presidents and the population at large. Starting with Bill Clinton, all U.S. presidents have been graduate degree-holders, and Ronald Reagan was the last U.S. president to not hold at least one degree from an Ivy League institution. Donald Trump would continue the Ivy League tradition as a holder of an undergraduate degree from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2016, 11:35:18 PM »
Bay-likely Kardashian-likely

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2016, 05:04:32 AM »
Don't worry, Donald Trump is considering opening lines for his acceptance speech:

1. Four score and seven years ago....

2. I have a dream...

3. When in the course of human events...

4. And so, my fellow Americans, ask not...

5. In a galaxy far far away...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2016, 05:19:52 AM »
Don't worry, Donald Trump is considering opening lines for his acceptance speech:

1. Four score and seven years ago....

2. I have a dream...

3. When in the course of human events...

4. And so, my fellow Americans, ask not...

5. In a galaxy far far away...

6. There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

7. Ich bin ein Berliner.

8. A calorie is a calorie.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »
6. There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

7. Ich bin ein Berliner.

8. A calorie is a calorie.

LOL!!!!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2016, 04:58:29 AM »
With Degree Debunked, Melania Trump Website Is Taken Down
By JASON HOROWITZ

PHILADELPHIA — Melania Trump’s cribbing last week of Michelle Obama’s lines was not the first time she claimed something that was not hers.

For months now, reporters have noted that Ms. Trump, who grew up in the small Slovenian town of Sevnica, did not obtain an undergraduate degree in architecture from the University of Ljubljana, as her professional website claimed she did. Instead, she left after her first year to pursue a modeling career in Milan.

As recently as a week ago, Ms. Trump’s website stated that she had obtained a degree before going on to become a philanthropist and skin care entrepreneur.

On Wednesday, The Huffington Post noticed that the site had been entirely scrubbed of its content. People clicking on its address are now redirected to the Trump Organization’s website.

In a Twitter post, Ms. Trump said the website had been removed “because it does not accurately reflect my current business and professional interests.”

Last week, Ms. Trump’s speech at the Republican National Convention contained a few lines from Michelle Obama’s speech at the Democratic convention in 2008. The Trump campaign initially denied that she had plagiarized the lines. Eventually a Trump employee who had helped write the speech, Meredith McIver, acknowledged using Ms. Obama’s lines and apologized, saying it was unintentional.

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2016, 06:44:21 AM »
Trumps ending up looking like the 2012 version of palins Beverly hillbillies.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2016, 01:59:08 PM »
Why lie about something that can be so easily be exposed and make you look foolish?  ???

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »
Why lie about something that can be so easily be exposed and make you look foolish?  ???

He is a compulsive liar whose public persona is propagated on easily debunked myths, so of course a piddly college degree from some eastern bloc college isn't gonna seem like a big deal. Every time I've seen her interviewed, she's emphasized how she does not plan to be a big part of the campaign... which makes me suspect she probably has something to hide. I am honestly waiting for info about her past as an upscale callgirl to come to light.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »
Good thing Melania isn't running for office - otherwise we might have to consider this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2016, 08:08:20 PM »
she interrupted matt lauer to tell him she only practiced the speech once, and wrote it on her own with very very little help.

two obvious lies, and you could tell she's not a good liar at all.  Kinda composing it and getting upright as she said it - and trump's face when she lied was priceless - he smells a bullshitter a mile away.   

so yeah, she's no babe in the woods.  she's doing what she can to bolster herself.  That college degree shit is so obvious.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »
Obviously she does anal.  Otherwise he wouldn't have kept her around so long. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2016, 01:00:14 AM »
Obviously she does anal.  Otherwise he wouldn't have kept her around so long. 

At least she loves to play the Trumpet...

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2016, 02:10:38 PM »
no mention of Melania on the front page of the NY Post ?

http://nypost.com/2016/07/30/melania-trump-like-youve-never-seen-her-before/

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2016, 02:23:23 PM »
no mention of Melania on the front page of the NY Post ?

http://nypost.com/2016/07/30/melania-trump-like-youve-never-seen-her-before/

"...when they go low, we go high."  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2016, 04:44:54 PM »
Is it true that it was found that her college degree was fake???????

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2016, 04:53:57 PM »

Is it true that you escaped from the zoo again ???

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »

Every time I've seen her interviewed, she's emphasized how she does not plan to be a big part of the campaign... which makes me suspect she probably has something to hide. I am honestly waiting for info about her past as an upscale callgirl to come to light.

So, it is looking like that something to hide might be inconsistencies with he immigration status. Wow, who would have thought we'd ever see the day when a potential American first lady's nude photos were exposed and the REAL scandal turned out to be whether or not she followed immigration laws?  This thread was started as a tongue-in-cheek questioning of her national allegiance, but it will be ironic if this becomes a bigger issue considering a hard line on immigration is one of Trump's key issues. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2016, 11:39:41 PM »
So, it is looking like that something to hide might be inconsistencies with he immigration status. Wow, who would have thought we'd ever see the day when a potential American first lady's nude photos were exposed and the REAL scandal turned out to be whether or not she followed immigration laws?  This thread was started as a tongue-in-cheek questioning of her national allegiance, but it will be ironic if this becomes a bigger issue considering a hard line on immigration is one of Trump's key issues. 

she is vehemently denying she did anything wrong.  But according to her own words, she picked up the H1 visa required for modeling work at first in 1996 and kept having to renew the earlier visitor visas every few months - and you cannot work using those.

So if she was illegally working in the USA, it'll be just another notch in the "can you freaking believe this" stack.   Trump ran on 2 things... obama sucks, and the illegals taking our jobs.  Now it's melania stealing maobama's speech and stealing jobs from american models.  you can't make this silly shit up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2016, 11:52:54 PM »
this sounds fake.  No way. 

Melania Says Donald Was Her First Husband-Bombshell: She May Have Married For A Green Card in 01

Get this everybody....Melania has said Donald was her first husband but there might be another husband (who got her a green card) lurking in the woodpile....

Trump’s Bad Week Just Got A Whole Lot Worse As Melania Trump Immigration Lies Grow

From the story: In an interview with Larry King Live in 2005 Melania Trump said that she had never been married before meeting Donald Trump.

But, Michael Wildes, an immigration attorney who worked for the Trump Organization, told Univision’s investigative unit that she obtained a green card four years earlier in 2001, “based on marriage.”

Melania and Donald Trump were not married until Jan. 22, 2005 at Bethesda-by-the Sea Episcopal Church in Palm Beach, Florida.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/05/trumps-bad-week-lot-worse-melania-trump-immigration-lies-grow.html

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2016, 10:02:36 AM »
Whoa. I'm watching how this unfolds with interest. If she married before Trump just to get a green card, it would be too perfect.  More "legitimate" outlets are starting to pick up the story. Some people are speculating that she could (theoretically) still endure legal ramifications as a result of non-compliance. I'll wait and see whether or not there was a previous marriage, but it seems pretty clear that something was up with her immigration history.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2016, 10:18:13 AM »
http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/08/06/busted-investigation-finds-melania-previously-married-possible-bigamy/

Note the source is a liberal site.   But wow, bigamy?   I know they lied about her writing the speech, I know they lied about her college degree... and doing modeling shoots on a non-work visa for a major publication is perhaps some shady... BUT I highly doubt trump would be crazy enough to hide a marriage.

A Trump Organization lawyer says she was previously married.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3726787/New-questions-raised-Slovenian-model-U-S-citizen-attorney-Donald-lets-slip-earned-green-card-based-marriage-four-years-wed-GOP-nominee.html

Now, if he's making this up, he knows Trump will sue his freakin' pants off.  

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2016, 02:04:46 PM »

Yes.  :'(