Author Topic: Calisthenics  (Read 3454 times)

absfabs

• Getbig III
Calisthenics
« on: September 02, 2015, 04:20:39 PM »
How far has anyone gotten here on getbig with just calisthenics?

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Calisthenics
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:28:32 PM »
BAn this stupid unfunny troll.
?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 02:16:32 PM »
BAn this stupid unfunny troll.

As a veteran member, I say we give him only another 30 or 40 chances.

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 03:26:14 PM »
I am starting to get results with crossfit style cals.  Was honest question not taking a piss.  Down 35 pounds on high carb low fat, aerobics, and cals.  was 320 6-6

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 08:59:26 AM »
Www.getbig.com fuck cross fit GET BIG cross fit is for pussies jumping jacks do not build muscle wtf is all this pussy stuff going around lately makes me sick

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:59 AM »
Montague

Is that 30 or 40 more chances for absfabs or ritch?

If you consider gymnastics calisthenics (bwt only), than can expect some size and strength in total upper body. Though gymnast  do used added weight in some movements. And do train with BB's & DB's. 

CrossFit, depending on the goals, will give more function than size to the body, but can improve the strength very well. CrossFit would fit most peoples needs as far as improved cardio, including stamina (strength & endurance) goes. And of course fat loss and better fat burning metabolism..very important.

Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 02:58:10 PM »
Montague

Is that 30 or 40 more chances for absfabs or ritch?

If you consider gymnastics calisthenics (bwt only), than can expect some size and strength in total upper body. Though gymnast  do used added weight in some movements. And do train with BB's & DB's. 

CrossFit, depending on the goals, will give more function than size to the body, but can improve the strength very well. CrossFit would fit most peoples needs as far as improved cardio, including stamina (strength & endurance) goes. And of course fat loss and better fat burning metabolism..very important.

Good Luck.

;D ;)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »
More function?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 11:10:52 AM »
Function

Meaning better coordination, balance and body performance. As improving the athletic abilities. No offense to some BB'ers, but, truth be told, some seem to have a hard time chewing gum and walking at the same time. Always room for improvement there. because the body is relearning those different performance functions.  

Function can include better stamina (strength & endurance) through a good lifting program also.

I've always been into heavy lifting (racks, partial's,lockouts, rest/pause, etc), but do cycle training programs into thing like general BB'ing. A personal favorite for me is GVT (10X10's). Any programs will last me from 8 to10-12 weeks, in most cases. Than a week or two of rest and back to a different program all together. Extra insurance that the joints stay healthy. My larger bone structure is designed for lifting heavy things.

I've never had any serious joint or muscle related problems from lifting heavy. I have had a serious injury through football, requiring major spinal surgery while in college. Learned to respect my lower back more and have geared training programs to returning it to being stronger than ever.

Good Luck.

F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 06:50:42 AM »
How far has anyone gotten here on getbig with just calisthenics?
It all depends on what exercises you are doing and exercise selection..goals etc. Find it strange that jpm101 writes about his powerlifting basic routines and writes about Gymnasts and higher rep body weight work and Function at the same time, contradicts himself somewhat on a few threads. Also i see Bodybuilders using higher reps all the time and see great results. Let us not forget itīs easy to make a Bodyweight exercise harder, body angle, % of bodyweight lifted, simple Physics. for example chinning the Bar, use a mixed grip so the supinated arm has a harder work load but you have stability and support with the Pronated hand...you avoid injury rather than using one arm chin ups which are Dangerous.